Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 [2137] 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:32:12 PM

I get all my announcements here https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/commits/master

I know chaeplin gets his fix there too.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:35:27 PM

Oi, take a breath guys.

Humanitee, the gist was something along the lines of "Hey I think it's a great time to put out some details."  "Ok cool".  Unless you'd rather I just post a bunch of emails that make no sense out of context?

I feel like I would understand them.
I feel like I, chaeplin, and AlexGR would understand them. Even if they were out of order and out of context.

Let me tell you why I think this sucks:
1) You go to the darkcointalk forums and the updates there are a pittance of what they should be. They are so very generic sounding and bland.
2) You come here and look for updates and find a big red text saying these are things we are assuming are going to be in RC4.
3) Then you come in and say "yes some of these things are on track except for x x and x."

How is this shit being achieved? Cool, we are getting IP obfuscation but how does it function? Is it bouncing between nodes? Is it some other method we haven't even thought about?

This is a TECHNOLOGY, so let's hear about how it's revolutionizing the already existing technology. What is going to give us the edge on the growing list of competitors? Blanket statements are only good for so long.

The people who know what they are doing in this space are technically inclined, and we want to know how the coin is going to function so when we talk it up to other technically inclined people we can address their concerns. I'm not here to insult any of you. I want the pertinent information. I can't sit on IRC all day where it appears you need to be to be privy to the important information.

Hello everyone!

Yes I'm alive and have been very busy working. There's actually three of us working constantly on Darkcoin at the moment so there will be lots to report. We've been also working on a press release and I need a top secret flowchart remade, if you have experience making flow charts and have some time today shoot me a PM.

-Evan

Greetings Evan.

Hi humanitee.... its been awhile.  your points you raise here are valid and have solid merit.  There does seem to be a bit of a vacuum at times.  It could be helpful  to start a weekly "state of the Union"  address by Evan or someone on the dev team.  Lets say every Friday there is a paper, vidoe feed something of that  nature that everyone can look  forward to.  this be compiled into a weekly statement then released through all the channels, here, IRC,  the website darkcointalk,  media etc etc. This could address the hyper sensitivity to lack of regular information and would give adopters and investors something  to look forward to.  By nature of what we are doing here... it would have to be technical in nature and not a feel good press release,  a real nuts a bolts "where we are at"  this week.   Thoughts?  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:35:40 PM

Storm in a teacup and autotrolling at its best  Roll Eyes All that drama for nothing lol
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:38:55 PM

Storm in a teacup and autotrolling at its best  Roll Eyes All that drama for nothing lol

Kai... to you goes the best one liner "Storm in a teacup!"   hahahahahaha

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:42:53 PM

Do you not agree, however, that there should be a balance?  Too much technical talk and the masses' eyes glaze over -- and they outnumber us techies a lot to a little.  And then you have the fact that DRK's tech is contently changing -- just how out of date is the whitepaper for example.  Talking about details then changing them confuses people technical or otherwise.  Maybe the balance is too much swung toward generic information at he present, but move too far back in the opposite direction and there will be problems all the same.  

I agree, but the masses don't have to read the post. You want the people like me, like AlexGR, to understand the current state of development, to understand the technology.

I can't sell something I know nothing about. I can't defend DRK with general statements.
"Don't worry DRK is getting IP obfuscation."
"How does that work?"
"IDK?"

Point taken.

Though I feel that this information will come as the tech is set in stone and definitely will be available when Darksend is open-sourced as anybody will be able to take a look at the code.

The real problem is that DRK got sidetracked for nearly two months in fixing masternode payments. And while MN's are needed for the current iteration of Darksend, the issues delayed everything and pushed the coin off message. It has been a stupidly long time since anonymity was discussed in this thread. With MN's mostly out of the way, I think you will get what you are asking for in fairly short order -- maybe even a bit today
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:46:32 PM

Some people here who ought to know better are exhibiting painful-to-read levels of delusional entitlement, and failing to see the bigger picture.  

eltito I think is doing a splendid job. As are some of the rest of you, with special mention to duckmuy, who is patiently explaining the bleeding obvious to some of you ungrateful tools, as far as I am concerned.

I look forward to and enjoy reading updates as much as anyone, but releasing every last detail of a WIP is not constructive for reasons that should be obvious with a few moments thought.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:48:54 PM

Do you not agree, however, that there should be a balance?  Too much technical talk and the masses' eyes glaze over -- and they outnumber us techies a lot to a little.  And then you have the fact that DRK's tech is contently changing -- just how out of date is the whitepaper for example.  Talking about details then changing them confuses people technical or otherwise.  Maybe the balance is too much swung toward generic information at he present, but move too far back in the opposite direction and there will be problems all the same.  

I agree, but the masses don't have to read the post. You want the people like me, like AlexGR, to understand the current state of development, to understand the technology.

I can't sell something I know nothing about. I can't defend DRK with general statements.
"How does that work?"
"IDK?"

Point taken.

Though I feel that this information will come as the tech is set in stone and definitely will be available when Darksend is open-sourced as anybody will be able to take a look at the code.

The real problem is that DRK got sidetracked for nearly two months in fixing masternode payments. And while MN's are needed for the current iteration of Darksend, the issues delayed everything and pushed the coin off message. It has been a stupidly long time since anonymity was discussed in this thread. With MN's mostly out of the way, I think you will get what you are asking for in fairly short order -- maybe even a bit today

You have a valid point. But don't forget that it was trouble with hard forking that led to the development of the spork technique, which will likely make the growing pains much, much easier in the future.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:51:46 PM

Hi humanitee.... its been awhile.  your points you raise here are valid and have solid merit.  There does seem to be a bit of a vacuum at times.  I think what  would be helpful would be to start a weekly "state of the Union"  address by Evan or someone on the dev team.  Lets say every Friday there is a paper, vidoe feed something of that  nature that everyone can look  forward to.  this be compiled into a weekly statement then released through all the channels, here, IRC,  the website darkcointalk,  media etc etc. This would address the hyper sensitivity to lack if regular information and would give adopters and investors something  to look forward to.  By nature of what we are doing here... it would have to be technical in nature and not a feel good press release,  hut a real nuts a bolts "where we are at"  this week.   Thoughts?  

I would like anything remotely close to what you are saying.

I realize the technology is always changing, and I am happy about that. You don't get anywhere without making incremental improvements to your basic design over time.

We don't need all the information, I think the ring signature aspect could stay secret up until 1-2 weeks before going live. But stuff like IP obfuscation should get some addressing if it is in fact going to be in RC4. There are a multitude of pre-existing ways to accomplish that, so which one have we chosen? By addressing that, you give credence to the incredible claim that OUR COIN HAS FOUND A REPLACEMENT FOR RING SIGNATURES.

"How does that work?"
"IDK?"

Point taken.

Absolutely. I feel like some things should be kept secret and some things should not. However, sharing the tech ideas allows the community to vet it, and although we might not be amazing cryptocurrency programmers, we might have some ideas that are moderate improvements. Even Anonymint would then have enough information to once again engage Evan in technical discussion.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
humanitee

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:55:43 PM

Some people here who ought to know better are exhibiting painful-to-read levels of delusional entitlement, and failing to see the bigger picture.  

eltito I think is doing a splendid job. As are some of the rest of you, with special mention to duckmuy, who is patiently explaining the bleeding obvious to some of you ungrateful tools, as far as I am concerned.

I look forward to and enjoy reading updates as much as anyone, but releasing every last detail of a WIP is not constructive for reasons that should be obvious with a few moments thought.

I'm assuming you are talking about me. Hilariously dense response.

I'm not the only one who wants information. See my post above for why it might do the community some good.

We are the market leader, lets remain the market leader.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:03:52 PM

As a professional software dev of 25 years experience I'd just like to say this about the press release / Evan quiet situation.

The MOST DANGEROUS thing you can do in technology is talk up a feature that isn't in the bag yet.

The way Evan is managing this is BANG ON in my book, for 2 reasons:

[1] - everybody is mistakenly thinking that the price is drifting due to lack of "communications" when in fact it isn't. There's been plenty communications over the last few weeks for any serious investor to know where this project is going and the price is drifting due to a natural consolidation as I've just outlined

[2] - the devs themselves are in no position to do both development AND PR. They just are totally mismatched activities because you can't be in touch with the code and with the market at the same time

The most successful approach is periods of silence from the devs punctuated with clear and unambiguous announcements regarding consolidated progress and future objectives. Although I've said "periods of silence of the devs", it doesn't mean the coin can't be promoted during that time - but this clamour to have them stay in touch and communicate on a continuous basis is ludicrous as anyone who's been involved with any serious software project will know.

I think that even some of the rumourmill murmuring that elito's been doing is almost bordering on danger-zone, but he's probably got the balance about right. He's said there's some" interesting stuff going on" and left it at that (which is where it should be left).

We MUST resist the temptation to talk up expectations without backing up with specifics because people's imaginations are always more powerful than the devs ability to deliver and there's the danger of disappointment when the curtain eventually gets pulled back. Better to keep expectations moderate and let the real thing do the talking.

****** HAVING SAID THAT ********

there are lots of things we *can* do to enhance communications in the meantime.

Whats needed (IMHO) is:

[1] - structure the personnel (done: we've now got someone in a dedicated 'communications role' who's got the devs ear)

[2] - structure the media sources (not quite done: have CLEAR and unambiguous sources for press releases rather than a post in the [ANN] thread that gets buried. That may already be done - I'm not sure - but even I'm not clear where that is, if it's here, darkcointalk.org., the wiki, cryptocoin media organs etc). A news history blog would be good so people can chart progress)

[3] - as part of that, a clear "Where we're at and whats the next milestone" indictor. Something that's been asked for a lot on the thread, but again needs to be consolidated in terms on unambiguous source

[4] - a clear and recognised roadmap reference source. This would probably just be the same website as the news source but it needs to be consolidated, have a high profile and not something you need to "dig" to find

As I say, these sources may already exist but I'm personally not sure what they are. I've found Dev announcements and roadmap information posted all over the place. I wouldn't really know where to go to get the latest updates.

Finally, I realise this involves work and it's easy to make criticisms when your not the guy doing it or paying for it, so I offer this up in the most humble sense, but...

[5] - If Darkcointalk is to be used for any PR, it could do with a bit of a facelift as it's really a "techy" site: small fonts and very...well "dark" Undecided colours. Could do with being lighter, more "spacious" and more media oriented rather than "techy"oriented. As I say, I realise many people have done a lot of work on there which has benefited us all, so please take that as constructive input rather than any kind of criticism.

For example, here's a few sites that do a great job simply by being less crammed, more white space around the content and lighter colours:

http://www.screensteps.com

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

http://www.tradebox.uk.com

A fantastic thing to have would be a new Darkcoin media site that consolidated everything. It's not like we'd be short of content:

- overview section on Darkcoin
 - news & announcements blog
 - roadmap section
 - technical references: e.g. this could host the masternode stats pages etc
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:04:47 PM

I'm assuming you are talking about me. Hilariously dense response.

I'm not the only one who wants information. See my post above for why it might do the community some good.

We are the market leader, lets remain the market leader.
+100000
Humanitee has eloquently put my unspoken words onto forum.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:05:17 PM

Does anyone here understand this good enough: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=677280.0

It is a decentralized exchange and market place (NightTrader) built using smart contracts (BlackHalo). It's primarily for BlackCoin, and to me it just seems that the potential is huge. The question is, would it be something useful for Darkcoin? The dev is open to implementing it to other coins as well - not sure what that means exactly though.

eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:13:13 PM

Hi humanitee.... its been awhile.  your points you raise here are valid and have solid merit.  There does seem to be a bit of a vacuum at times.  I think what  would be helpful would be to start a weekly "state of the Union"  address by Evan or someone on the dev team.  Lets say every Friday there is a paper, vidoe feed something of that  nature that everyone can look  forward to.  this be compiled into a weekly statement then released through all the channels, here, IRC,  the website darkcointalk,  media etc etc. This would address the hyper sensitivity to lack if regular information and would give adopters and investors something  to look forward to.  By nature of what we are doing here... it would have to be technical in nature and not a feel good press release,  hut a real nuts a bolts "where we are at"  this week.   Thoughts?  

I would like anything remotely close to what you are saying.

I realize the technology is always changing, and I am happy about that. You don't get anywhere without making incremental improvements to your basic design over time.

We don't need all the information, I think the ring signature aspect could stay secret up until 1-2 weeks before going live. But stuff like IP obfuscation should get some addressing if it is in fact going to be in RC4. There are a multitude of pre-existing ways to accomplish that, so which one have we chosen? By addressing that, you give credence to the incredible claim that OUR COIN HAS FOUND A REPLACEMENT FOR RING SIGNATURES.

"How does that work?"
"IDK?"

Point taken.

Absolutely. I feel like some things should be kept secret and some things should not. However, sharing the tech ideas allows the community to vet it, and although we might not be amazing cryptocurrency programmers, we might have some ideas that are moderate improvements. Even Anonymint would then have enough information to once again engage Evan in technical discussion.

To make sure I understand, you're essentially suggesting two things:

1. Provide information to a group of key communicators.

This is a standard part of an information campaign, just not something I've gotten to yet.  Having said that, in this case I'm not sure it would have made all that much difference.

Incidentally, I said I would need to ask Evan about I2P.  Neither that nor IP obfuscation are slated for RC4.

2. A weekly status update.

As I said a day or two ago, this is something we started in the few weeks leading into the first launch of RC3 (we titled them "Development Updates").  After that, there was information coming out more or less every weekend, so that was used in lieu of.  After today I'd like to resume them, where confidentiality permits.
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:13:54 PM

As a professional software dev of 25 years experience I'd just like to say this about the press release / Evan quiet situation.

The MOST DANGEROUS thing you can do in technology is talk up a feature that isn't in the bag yet.

The way Evan is managing this is BANG ON in my book, for 2 reasons:

[1] - everybody is mistakenly thinking that the price is drifting due to lack of "communications" when in fact it isn't. There's been plenty communications over the last few weeks for any serious investor to know where this project is going and the price is drifting due to a natural consolidation as I've just outlined

[2] - the devs themselves are in no position to do both development AND PR. They just are totally mismatched activities because you can't be in touch with the code and with the market at the same time

The most successful approach is periods of silence from the devs punctuated with clear and unambiguous announcements regarding consolidated progress and future objectives. Although I've said "periods of silence of the devs", it doesn't mean the coin can't be promoted during that time - but this clamour to have them stay in touch and communicate on a continuous basis is ludicrous as anyone who's been involved with any serious software project will know.

I think that even some of the rumourmill murmuring that elito's been doing is almost bordering on danger-zone, but he's probably got the balance about right. He's said there's some" interesting stuff going on" and left it at that (which is where it should be left).

We MUST resist the temptation to talk up expectations without backing up with specifics because people's imaginations are always more powerful than the devs ability to deliver and there's the danger of disappointment when the curtain eventually gets pulled back. Better to keep expectations moderate and let the real thing do the talking.

****** HAVING SAID THAT ********

there are lots of things we *can* do to enhance communications in the meantime.

Whats needed (IMHO) is:

[1] - structure the personnel (done: we've now got someone in a dedicated 'communications role' who's got the devs ear)

[2] - structure the media sources (not quite done: have CLEAR and unambiguous sources for press releases rather than a post in the [ANN] thread that gets buried. That may already be done - I'm not sure - but even I'm not clear where that is, if it's here, darkcointalk.org., the wiki, cryptocoin media organs etc). A news history blog would be good so people can chart progress)

[3] - as part of that, a clear "Where we're at and whats the next milestone" indictor. Something that's been asked for a lot on the thread, but again needs to be consolidated in terms on unambiguous source

[4] - a clear and recognised roadmap reference source. This would probably just be the same website as the news source but it needs to be consolidated, have a high profile and not something you need to "dig" to find

As I say, these sources may already exist but I'm personally not sure what they are. I've found Dev announcements and roadmap information posted all over the place. I wouldn't really know where to go to get the latest updates.

Finally, I realise this involves work and it's easy to make criticisms when your not the guy doing it or paying for it, so I offer this up in the most humble sense, but...

[5] - If Darkcointalk is to be used for any PR, it could do with a bit of a facelift as it's really a "techy" site: small fonts and very...well "dark" Undecided colours. Could do with being lighter, more "spacious" and more media oriented rather than "techy"oriented. As I say, I realise many people have done a lot of work on there which has benefited us all, so please take that as constructive input rather than any kind of criticism.

For example, here's a few sites that do a great job simply by being less crammed, more white space around the content and lighter colours:

http://www.screensteps.com

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

http://www.tradebox.uk.com

A fantastic thing to have would be a new Darkcoin media site that consolidated everything. It's not like we'd be short of content:

- roadmap section

Agreed. Very good post, as always. Thank you.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:15:23 PM

Why are all people so nervous only because there is no post from evan ?
This is a serious project and we all know devteam is working and will deliver.
If some people need to get hold their hands by devs they should sell.
The more coins will go to stronger hands over the next days or weeks the better.
I know crypto is focused more and more on short term action.
If you like short term action, there are enough coins that deliver promises and
action, but be sure they wont deliver.

Crypto world has to learn to think a bit longer than from one day to another

I agree!!!  this is starting to get pathic.  "Please Evan... say Hi" ,  "Evan.... say something,  people are panicking"   bla blah blah.  Geez.   Get this through your thick skulls morons.... this is a one to two year project... in fact maybe even longer
 you want to speculate and trade great ride our wave... but we will not make a wave for you.  So what if it goes to 0.008....hell it mighty go to 0.001 and that would be awesome. be assured... the more you limp dicks freak out and sell the more of us bigger guys will buy up.  i hate hearing the whining and sniveling.  "oh my mortgage,  oh my kids oh my (insert some  other lame shit here).  If you cant hold for a couple of years... GET OUT,  SELL!  Lets get this price drop started so that we can start building this with some real investors that know what theybate talking about. If i was Evan... id disappear  for couple  of months and say nothing and really shake out the losers...

Limp dicks?  Sniveling?  Hold for a couple years?  This is getting ridiculous.  With the size of some of the recent dumps it looks like many REAL Investors have moved on.  Hold for a couple years?  You guys are really lowering the bar now aren't you.  I thought it was going to the moon as soon as RC4 is released, or wasn't it supposed to be RC3?  It's highly likely that Darckoin will be worth nothing in a couple years.

You so called bigger guys keep telling everyone to hold hold hold.  It might take a couple years but hold hold hold.  All the while you're selling.  Too funny.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:17:01 PM

Did he adequately answer your condescending question humanitee ?  Roll Eyes

Darkcointalk. Move there. ASAP.

Leave this for FUD, trolls and hacks.

I am with bigrcanada too. Good job.

Yeah, go isolate your cult in it's own forum.  It's attitudes like yours that are causing people to run not walk away from Darkcoin.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:25:48 PM

Please see the "Official Announcements" forum on darkcointalk.org.

Most things posted there will be linked on our social media sites, as well as here.

I've spoken with Evan about the need for a change log.  We'll work on it and get it pinned to the top of the Announcements forum on darkcointalk.  Not exactly what you're asking for in terms of road map information, but we could build off of it.

Darkcointalk is in the midst of a complete redesign.  Speaking of which, I haven't checked in with Propulsion on the status of that lately.  Thanks for the reminder.

- roadmap section

Great idea, though IMHO Darkcoin.io should be used for this.
humanitee

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:26:45 PM

Here's what we are assuming for RC4 (yes, assuming!):

Darksend limit lifted
Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)
MN payments enforced
"Spork" technology successfully implemented (enforcement = "on"); enforcement code perfected and streamlined
MN voting is deterministic
I2P integration completed or in the works
IP obfuscation

Based on the above features, we would be looking at a paradigm shift, and I think that the market would react accordingly. Now we don't know how many of those things will be in RC4, but we know from eltito that there's some damn amazing stuff in the works.

P.S. Peercoin as one of the most innovative cryptos ever? How's that? Yes, Proof of Stake was interesting, but what does PPC actually DO that nobody else did at the time? At it's heart it's still the same-old-same-old, albeit with a different staking/securing mechanism. Anonymity coins, on the other hand, are a *radical* departure from the normal paradigm.

+101

I think we should send out a challenge to other anonymity projects to get code verified by independent auditors. The auditors would not say which project is better or take sides, just verify the code does what is says on the packaging.

Everything in red is more or less accurate, though I don't have a current status on i2p (I'll ask Evan).

Code audit is lined up with a well known party.

Once Evan has a first run of the RC4 code, we're going to release the details.  At that point, we're confident that our competitors won't be able to catch up.  Look for that to happen ~10-12 days from now.

To make sure I understand, you're essentially suggesting two things:

1. Provide information to a group of key communicators.

This is a standard part of an information campaign, just not something I've gotten to yet.  Having said that, in this case I'm not sure it would have made all that much difference.

Incidentally, I said I would need to ask Evan about I2P.  Neither that nor IP obfuscation are slated for RC4.

2. A weekly status update.

As I said a day or two ago, this is something we started in the few weeks leading into the first launch of RC3 (we titled them "Development Updates").  After that, there was information coming out more or less every weekend, so that was used in lieu of.  After today I'd like to resume them, where confidentiality permits.

Do you guys see the problem now? If I or AlexGR go blow up a thread with DRK knowledge we are already wrong, even though we thought we were right. I realize the roadmap changes but it looks like it was never on the map for RC4 but everyone thought it was. Lack of information led to disinformation.

But yes eltito, all those things are/would be very helpful. Thank you for the work you do I appreciate it, I don't want to come off as a dick.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:27:41 PM

Did he adequately answer your condescending question humanitee ?  Roll Eyes

Darkcointalk. Move there. ASAP.

Leave this for FUD, trolls and hacks.

I am with bigrcanada too. Good job.

No, he didn't. He could literally have just put up the chat and we would all go "ok makes sense." It's a sorry excuse, it really is.

I want you to do yourself a favor and go back 1900 pages and SEE ME THERE PUTTING FORTH IDEAS. You aren't talking to some troll who is just doing this for the lols. You guys can be as butt hurt as you want, IDGAF.

We want stability, not waves of uncertainty. It's not like people are asking for daily updates, it has been awhile.

I'm a fucking idiot

I own a substantial amount of DRK you fucking imbecile.

These morons weren't here in the beginning like some of us.  They are in so deep that they lash out at anyone that doesn't praise Darkcoin and worship it and it's dev like they are gods.  I was here withing a week of the coin launch.  Since then I have watched in disappointment at the pace of things, lack of communication, unwarranted hype, unrealistic expectations, and the ridiculous cult like mentality that these bag holders have.  The pathetic attacks on people asking legitimate questions is disgusting.

This thread is full of a bunch of ignorant assholes that put all their eggs in one basket and are now bitter because the value of their investment has been halved with no sign of going back up anytime soon if ever.  They have placed all their hopes on RC4 that even if it works will not take DRK back to the levels it was at anytime soon.  There are other alternatives out there for Anonymity that are just as good if not better and people are investing in them.  Darks glory days are likely over.  It will be a slow descent down the list of Coinmarketcap just like dozens of coins before.

I know I'm going to get attacked for this post and I really don't care.  People need to face reality whether they like it or not.  

shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

I agree!!!  this is starting to get pathic.  "Please Evan... say Hi" ,  "Evan.... say something,  people are panicking"   bla blah blah.  Geez.   Get this through your thick skulls morons.... this is a one to two year project... in fact maybe even longer
 you want to speculate and trade great ride our wave... but we will not make a wave for you.  So what if it goes to 0.008....hell it mighty go to 0.001 and that would be awesome. be assured... the more you limp dicks freak out and sell the more of us bigger guys will buy up.  i hate hearing the whining and sniveling.  "oh my mortgage,  oh my kids oh my (insert some  other lame shit here).  If you cant hold for a couple of years... GET OUT,  SELL!  Lets get this price drop started so that we can start building this with some real investors that know what theybate talking about. If i was Evan... id disappear  for couple  of months and say nothing and really shake out the losers...

(I'll go against the grain on this one I think. Post of the day. Glad somebody said it.  Smiley )

I've sold all of my DRK under 0.01 . Now I'm buying back at lost, but it feels good !

It feels good to lose money?  Where do you clowns come from?
Pages: « 1 ... 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 [2137] 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: