Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 [2927] 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 2971 2972 2973 2974 2975 2976 2977 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:37:50 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 06:49:33 PM by thefrog

Where is all the proof that ASICs are coming or FPGAs are mining... not seeing it. So far these have all been speculation and rumors.

You doubt that there are people mining X11 with FPGA's?

Yep, until proven otherwise. I'm not going to spread BS for the sake of spreading BS.

So where is your proof?

Well since I don't physically have one and the people that do are not sharing you'll just have to use common sense to determine that someone has been able to program an FPGA for X11 mining.

When people are willing to pay for something it usually gets done.

http://www.getacoder.com/projects/fpga%20miner%20for%20x_164338.html

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/Software-Architecture-CPlusPlus-Programming/FPGA-miner-for.html

lol, that doesn't mean anything. Anyone can post an ad online looking for someone to complete the job. Doesn't mean they will find someone. Good detective work Inspector.

It was me, who posted the freelancer requet. And someone copied it 1:1 to the getacoder.
Noone answered the offer.

But, I got some offers to finance fpga development for x11. Theoretical base was set at that time and they were working to finance the prototype.

So I for me, do believe that there is/are fpgas for x11, privatly owned and not made public.

Anyhow, if you have access to zero cost power, you don't care and make profit all the time.
Wit gpus, you don't make any profit on x11. I used to rent my rigs for 0.00099, and now the price is at 0.00015 per Mhs.

Free or cheap electricity is the key, china, 0.05 usd /kw, europe, 0.25 euro/kw.

Edited: China price 0.05 kwh.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:42:31 PM

That shojayxt fool must have a hickup.. He is only posting "This user is currently ignored." "This user is currently ignored." "This user is currently ignored." "This user is currently ignored." over and over again.

Crypto cancer back, again?

Cancer?

Don't you know by now that everytime I post the price for DRK goes up?  

But back to one of the points I made in a few posts up regarding people being attacked for being anything but 100% Cheerleader.

I raised some valid points regarding X11 FPGA's and pointed out the fact that the most vocal people telling people to hold are the early adopters.  And because of that I'm cancer.  I could go on and call you names but I won't.  You know the same things I do.  I just talk about them while you and the rest pretend they don't exist.

I think you are a smart fellow and you certainly have your own agenda, as does everybody else, but I do know that you continue to visit this thread on a regular basis. If you thought Darkcoin had no future you wouldnt be here anymore.  I have never seen you at a shitcoin thread or trolling for fun like a teenager, so your continued interest in Darkcoin is to me a validation of your respect for the project.  And actually an incentive to invest. My conclusion is you hold and trade Darkcoin and try to influence the market as best as you can, that is your right, in a way you are part of the Darkcoin community just as much as everybody else.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:44:19 PM

It was me, who posted the freelancer requet. And someone copied it 1:1 to the getacoder.
But, I got some offers to finance fpga development for x11. Theoretical base was set at that time and they were working to finance the prototype.
So I for me, do believe that there is/are fpgas for x11, privatly owned and not made public.
Anyhow, if you have access to zero cost power, you don't care and make profit all the time.
Wit gpus, you don't make any profit on x11. I used to rent my rigs for 0.00099, and now the price is at 0.00015 per Mhs.
Free or cheap electricity is the key, china, 0.005 usd /kw, europe, 0.25 euro/kw.

interesting, thanks. Just a minor correction - the price in china is around 0.05 usd/kw
Drobek

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:47:06 PM

I think you are a smart fellow and you certainly have your own agenda, as does everybody else, but I do know that you continue to visit this thread on a regular basis. If you thought Darkcoin had no future you wouldnt be here anymore.  I have never seen you at a shitcoin thread or trolling for fun like a teenager, so your continued interest in Darkcoin is to me a validation of your respect for the project.  And actually an incentive to invest. My conclusion is you hold and trade Darkcoin and try to influence the market as best as you can, that is your right, in a way you are part of the Darkcoin community just as much as everybody else.

Yep. I do not mind reading his opinions unless he gets annoying and keeps repeating the same thing over and over - which unfortunately happened in the past.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:50:34 PM

Where is all the proof that ASICs are coming or FPGAs are mining... not seeing it. So far these have all been speculation and rumors.

You doubt that there are people mining X11 with FPGA's?

Yep, until proven otherwise. I'm not going to spread BS for the sake of spreading BS.

So where is your proof?

Well since I don't physically have one and the people that do are not sharing you'll just have to use common sense to determine that someone has been able to program an FPGA for X11 mining.

When people are willing to pay for something it usually gets done.

http://www.getacoder.com/projects/fpga%20miner%20for%20x_164338.html

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/Software-Architecture-CPlusPlus-Programming/FPGA-miner-for.html

Shojayx, that was actually quite a sensible post.
Nevertheless it is still just a fishing attempt on freelancer website carried out by the same person. Interesting but not a proof.
I have also placed some projects on freelancer which later turned out to be much more difficult than originally intended.. But who cares, it only cost about 3$ to put one of these up.

I can be sensible when I want to be.

Those links were just a couple I found with a quick search on google.  One was closed for bidding on May 28th with an average bid of $5,785.71 and I don't know the outcome as that information isn't available.  But I would pay that amount for an FPGA X11 miner and I'm sure many others would as well.  If I did I definitely wouldn't want anyone to know about it.  I'd secretly mine and make as much as I could.  Another thing that could happen is that a good programmer that has not been involved in crypto could see a job request like that, do a little research and figure out that they could make a fortune coding it and keeping it for themselves.  I'm convinced that X11 FPGA miners exist and if people disagree that's fine.  

It's just hard to believe that with the amount of possible profit involved that someone hasn't done it.  We have private GPU miners mining coins before public ones are released so It's most likely the same with FPGA's.  There are some very intelligent and extremely competent coders involved in crypto.  People are definitely experimenting and most likely have been successful.

Edit:

I want to point out that I am not saying it is bad for DRK like the post that started this conversation.  In my opinion it wouldn't be a big deal for DRK.  What it is a big deal for are new X11 coins getting raped by private FPGA miners at launch and then dumped for a quick profit essentially killing the coin.  Oh wait that doesn't sound too bad.  An X11 FPGA miner that has a negligible effect if any on Darkcoin but effectively destroys the plethora of X11 shitclones that come out daily.  I would think that DRK supporters would want to get a public X11 FPGA as soon as possible to prevent a private miner from having an unfair advantage with regards to mining costs and profits.  So instead of denying they exist or fearing them they should embrace them.
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:51:52 PM

Free or cheap electricity is the key, china, 0.005 usd /kw, europe, 0.25 euro/kw.

interesting, thanks. Just a minor correction - the price in china is around 0.05 usd/kw

Thank, corrected.
And yes, I mined drk (sadly not right from start) and I hold couple of k's  long term.
Drobek

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:56:55 PM

Those links were just a couple I found with a quick search on google.  One was closed for bidding on May 28th with an average bid of $5,785.71 and I don't know the outcome as that information isn't available.  But I would pay that amount for an FPGA X11 miner and I'm sure many others would as well.  If I did I definitely wouldn't want anyone to know about it.  I'd secretly mine and make as much as I could.  Another thing that could happen is that a good programmer that has not been involved in crypto could see a job request like that, do a little research and figure out that they could make a fortune coding it and keeping it for themselves.  I'm convinced that X11 FPGA miners exist and if people disagree that's fine.  

It's just hard to believe that with the amount of possible profit involved that someone hasn't done it.  We have private GPU miners mining coins before public ones are released so It's most likely the same with FPGA's.  There are some very intelligent and extremely competent coders involved in crypto.  People are definitely experimenting and most likely have been successful.

Statement 1: I'm convinced that X11 FPGA miners exist and if people disagree that's fine.  
Statement 2: But I would pay that amount for an FPGA X11 miner and I'm sure many others would as well.
Conclusion - well, then why don't you go for it?

This is nothing to fight with your logic on the secret mining - that is sound. But if you were so convinced there are easy money to be made I would be surprised you would not go for it and rather talk about it on the forum.
Drobek

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:01:44 PM

Thank, corrected.
And yes, I mined drk (sadly not right from start) and I hold couple of k's  long term.

Yep, must have been great back in April.. I discovered DRK in early April but unfortunately bought a MN when the price was around .02  Tongue
I believe in the concept and the coin despite being some 80% short at the moment, only regretting not buying more before / after the peak Smiley
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:07:59 PM

Statement 1: I'm convinced that X11 FPGA miners exist and if people disagree that's fine.  
Statement 2: But I would pay that amount for an FPGA X11 miner and I'm sure many others would as well.

This is nothing to fight with your logic on the secret mining - that is sound. But if you were so convinced there are easy money to be made I would be surprised you would not go for it and rather talk about it on the forum.

I don't think that I could find anyone willing do it because they stand to make much more coding it and keeping it for themselves.  My coding skills are not good enough to do it or else I would be on here proclaiming that X11 FPGA miners don't exist, where's the proof?  While I mine away in secret not telling a soul.

If anyone is interested in coding a working X11 FPGA miner with significant hashrate increase over GPU's not just something hacked together that works, I'll pay $5000.  I doubt I'll get any takers.  Just like thefrog didn't get any response.  Why sell something for $5000 that could make you rich?
Drobek

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:21:04 PM

I don't think that I could find anyone willing do it because they stand to make much more coding it and keeping it for themselves.  My coding skills are not good enough to do it or else I would be on here proclaiming that X11 FPGA miners don't exist, where's the proof?  While I mine away in secret not telling a soul.

If anyone is interested in coding a working X11 FPGA miner with significant hashrate increase over GPU's not just something hacked together that works, I'll pay $5000.  I doubt I'll get any takers.  Just like thefrog didn't get any response.  Why sell something for $5000 that could make you rich?

Fair enough. But purely looking at hashrate I would not say it is happening - I know too many people who mine with zero costs, so that the mining reward is lower than the costs - but at the same time it is not crazy low which would be the case if the mining market were dominated by FGPA or even ASICs.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:56:21 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.msg6335710#msg6335710
GBlock

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:53:07 PM

Best ETA on Open Source?

None of that 'on RC5', 'it's ready when it's ready', 'no point rushing it, better it works', 'after code review', etc.

Best ETA.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:19:17 PM

Best ETA on Open Source?

None of that 'on RC5', 'it's ready when it's ready', 'no point rushing it, better it works', 'after code review', etc.

Best ETA.

My best guess is end of September or first week of October, this is just my opinion, considering you need at least a week notice for people to update after its ready.  Again just my guesstimate, I could be completely wrong.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:34:07 PM

Best ETA on Open Source?

Best ETA.

My best guess is end of September or first week of October, this is just my opinion, considering you need at least a week notice for people to update after its ready.  Again just my guesstimate, I could be completely wrong.

That's where I see it as well.
GBlock

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:46:33 PM

Best ETA on Open Source?

Best ETA.

My best guess is end of September or first week of October, this is just my opinion, considering you need at least a week notice for people to update after its ready.  Again just my guesstimate, I could be completely wrong.

That's where I see it as well.

Thanks

Everything gets posted on git?

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/branches
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:55:03 PM

^ It seems that "cloners" are on the starting line too Smiley
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:17:51 PM

Like clockwork, the price of DRK starts to rise after I make a series of posts.
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:53:50 PM

I finally had to ignore someone.  Just can't stand reading shotxjai9robfowbcjbla12408's spew anymore.  The amount of time he spends clucking here is
just silly.  If he want's to crusade against something there are far better ways to spend time than trying to chase people off of a coin.

To be honest we might be seeing signs of a mental disorder in him.  I'm wondering if there is someone we should contact so they can try to
help this schmuck. 

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:02:16 AM

I finally had to ignore someone.  Just can't stand reading shotxjai9robfowbcjbla12408's spew anymore.  The amount of time he spends clucking here is
just silly.  If he want's to crusade against something there are far better ways to spend time than trying to chase people off of a coin.

To be honest we might be seeing signs of a mental disorder in him.  I'm wondering if there is someone we should contact so they can try to
help this schmuck. 

Hmm, my recent posts were nothing bad about DRK.  Strange.  Mental disorder?  There are plenty of other individuals that post in this thread that you should be ignoring if mental disorder is your criteria.  But to each his own I guess.  You have the right to ignore me and I have the right to not care.
kadrek

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:30:36 AM

Hey guys, I haven't opened my wallet in probably 4 months so my wallet is way out of date. Is there anything special I need to do? Or do I just download the newest wallet, open it and let it sync, close it and then replace the wallet.dat it creates with my backup wallet.dat?

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
Pages: « 1 ... 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 [2927] 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 2971 2972 2973 2974 2975 2976 2977 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: