Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 [2934] 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 2971 2972 2973 2974 2975 2976 2977 2978 2979 2980 2981 2982 2983 2984 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:39:39 PM

Side note, jalapeno martinis es muy bueno. Carry on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:48:19 PM

Hello everyone  Smiley

I have been lurking for ages and there are few pages on this thread I have not touched on, but I am finally sticking my timid neck out. There is much that I still have to learn, and I appreciate what many of you have shared. I would like to think that I am not alone in my lurking, and suspect that there are many who will be willing to jump in with their Btc or fiat as Drk moves out of beta.

However, I suspect that the crude responses to troll bait, often found here, has put more than one person off. My skin is thicker than my peers, and I can assure you that they would associate the low language with the level of intellect that often accompanies it. (And would be unjust in doing so.) I am well aware that I am not your mother, and have no business telling you how to conduct yourselves, so please do not think that I am. I am simply suggesting you remember that this thread is in fact a marketing tool, and that you realize that while in many quarters openly crude speech is acceptable, much money (and desire for privacy) is hands attached to ears which will not tolerate it. They will simply leave with their check-books. (Yup, they still use them!)

Having got that off my chest let me say that I am excited about the prospects for DRK and encouraged by the ongoing development that is taking place. As far as the current discussion goes; I agree that the "+" should eventually be dropped, and with the idea that the coin is close enough to its inception to be re-branded IF the developers so choose--It has already been renamed once. On the other hand, I hope the dev. team has someone listening here, and think it is important for the community to present their opinions and hash things like this out.

Not that I expect serious consideration, but in the interest of raising the grammatical bar, how does "metagrobolize" sound? As in "the DRK metagrobolizer (Darksend) will meagrobolize any entity attempting to track the ownership of DRK."  Grin

I mean seriously, don't you look forward to being able to metagrobolize the NSA and the Fed?

Carry on,

strix

Unfortunately, everyone is allowed to hold darkcoin, even if they use crude language. And unfortunately, this forum is full of troll's bait vs. crude responses.

If you want to take Darkcoin serious, you should leave bitcointalk. How about https://darkcointalk.org/ ?

Thanks vertoe, I just returned from signing up there.

BTW--I don't consider it unfortunate that everyone is allowed to own Drk, or even to post here. I am glad they can and do. Trollers will troll, and my point was that anyone serious about can clearly see who the trollers are, and their agenda. It only lends credence to the DRK brand that they see the necessity to try and knock it down. An initial polite, logical rebuttal, followed by a refusal to engage speaks more highly of the caliber of the community than rising to the flame bait. As I said, this thread is in itself an important marketing tool, that should not be underestimated. It is more than a playground for aficionados, it is often a first stop for the curious.

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:55:12 PM

apple=mobiles and computers!!  Grin
wii u = games console!
oculus rift = vr headset!
xbox one = 3rd gen microsoft games console!
darksend+ = anon by mixing coins

no need to change anything.  Cool

Exactly !

How about these Apple products and services:

iPhone
iTunes
iCloud
Apple Watch
Apple Pay

Are they fairly self explanatory, or not?

The previous examples and yours prove that the name is not that important, it can be related or non related to the function/service. So why the hang-up ?  Smiley
"When everything is fine let's find a trivial matter to argue about" lol

I agree in a way that the name can be related or not but I think we can probably agree that iPizza would have been a bad name for the phone, or iPhone would have been a bad name for an iPod with no network capabilities. In my opinion it would be a mistake to continue with Darksend to describe the anonymisation mixing/blending/fogging process, (or whatever else you want to call it). Send is a verb which already has a fairly well established meaning, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it does not mean mixing.

It's erroneous to think that Darkcoin is too far along for DarkSend to be renamed at this point. The number of people who actually know what DarkSend is right now must be fairly low, certainly lower than most of us here think it should be and much lower than it will be if cryptocurrencies really take off. In fact, I would say during the release candidate stage is a great time to fix things.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:59:37 PM

wii u = games console!

That's my point made right there.

anon by mixing coins.

sigh.

dude what it does, doesnt have to be the title is my point.

The term CoinJoin says otherwise.

Kritsov Atlas

http://youtu.be/CRSr88jJv-Y?t=1h21m40s
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:11:44 AM

wii u = games console!

Exactly !

How about these Apple products and services:

iPhone
iTunes
iCloud
Apple Watch
Apple Pay

Are they fairly self explanatory, or not?

The previous examples and yours prove that the name is not that important, it can be related or non related to the function/service. So why the hang-up ?  Smiley
"When everything is fine let's find a trivial matter to argue about" lol

I agree in a way that the name can be related or not but I think we can probably agree that iPizza would have been a bad name for the phone, or iPhone would have been a bad name for an iPod with no network capabilities. In my opinion it would be a mistake to continue with Darksend to describe the anonymisation mixing/blending/fogging process, (or whatever else you want to call it). Send is a verb which already has a fairly well established meaning, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it does not mean mixing.

It's erroneous to think that Darkcoin is too far along for DarkSend to be renamed at this point. The number of people who actually know what DarkSend is right now must be fairly low, certainly lower than most of us here think it should be and much lower than it will be if cryptocurrencies really take off. In fact, I would say during the release candidate stage is a great time to fix things.

The consumers want to send funds anonymously they use for that something named Darksend : it's not far fetched. The coins can be "blended", "mixed", "shuffled" or "teleported" as part of the process, they don't care, their goal is to send cash via internet.
Or you call it DarkDenominationMixRounds jk
strix

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:17:07 AM

Coins101,
I have enjoyed and learned a lot from many of your posts--thanks!  Smiley

I remember a week or so ago you changed your tag line in response to a critique so that it now reads "There are some things Bitcoin shouldn't buy. For everything else, there's DARKCOIN." I suspect that this still does not communicate what you would like. Consider the meaning of the phrase "For everything else..." It applies to the things that Bitcoin should buy (not the things that it shouldn't). Hence the statement communicates that DRK buys only those things that Bitcoin does. I like the idea that I think you are trying to convey, but it still needs work.

How about "There are some things Bitcoin shouldn't buy. For those things, and everything else, there's DARKCOIN."

Just a thought

strix

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:25:34 AM

Yes! The only thing I think is worth discussing is if we get rid of the +

I think we should. It was added to differentiate from a completely different previous design. But the truth is nobody knew before about Darksend, I think it is not necessary.
Agree lets - the + Wink and stay at primary unique name Darksend.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:25:54 AM

The consumers want to send funds anonymously they use for that something named Darksend : it's not far fetched. The coins can be "blended", "mixed", "shuffled" or "teleported" as part of the process, they don't care, their goal is to send cash via internet.

Exactly. They could be fuddled, they could be muddled, they could be discombobulated. There must be a better term, which could be combined with "Dark" to describe the mixing process, by no means does it have to be "mix". DarkSend is a great term to describe sending anonymised coins but not so much for the mixing process.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:27:01 AM

Darkness by Darkcoin
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:48:32 AM

Coins101,

I remember a week or so ago you changed your tag line in response to a critique so that it now reads "There are some things Bitcoin shouldn't buy. For everything else, there's DARKCOIN." I suspect that this still does not communicate what you would like. Consider the meaning of the phrase "For everything else..." It applies to the things that Bitcoin should buy (not the things that it shouldn't). Hence the statement communicates that DRK buys only those things that Bitcoin does. I like the idea that I think you are trying to convey, but it still needs work.

How about "There are some things Bitcoin shouldn't buy. For those things, and everything else, there's DARKCOIN."

Just a thought

strix

here

If you're trying to remain anonymous....be careful not to reveal any information linking your bitcoin addresses to your identity. Satoshi, 2010
There are some things Bitcoin shouldn't buy. For those things, and everything else, there's DARKCOIN

lets see how it looks in your sig  Wink
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:09:28 AM

Coins101,

Just a thought

strix

Strix your grasp of grammar and the need for sentences to clearly articulate what the writer is trying to communicate is just way too advanced for this thread! (actually, the whole darned Internet....)

I also enjoy your posts Coins101 and had been thinking the same thing about your tag line.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:19:14 AM

Darksend is what it was, is and pretty much always will be.... can we please move on.
if you really wanna bicker about something then bicker about if its called Darksend or DarkSend or Darksend+
When I first used the term "Darksend+" I was trying to differentiate between the old merging technology and this new passive merging technology utilizing denominations for increased anonymity. Now that we're past all of that maybe it makes no sense to use Darksend+, the product isn't even out of beta so it doesn't make much sense to have a second branding.

So maybe we should just drop the plus and move on?
I think that we petty serfs mull these notions so you need not be distracted by form and may deal in function. I simply hope that a name that reflects the function is considered at some point down the road when said function is done morphing.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:21:46 AM

wii u = games console!

That's my point made right there.

anon by mixing coins.

sigh.
Yes. Anon by mixing coins. Where is sending involved?

Do you not expect noobs to ask this? And our answer:

"Well, uh, it's totally not related at all cuz, you see, once upon a time long ago in alpha-level-idea land, it was a much smaller idea, but we never updated the name, so, uh, now it's just confusing and makes no sense. Sorry. We swear it's awesome, we just haven't got the sense to give it a name that isn't retarded... Here, have a progress indicator that still doesn't explain shit and also doesn't work. Just another bunch of stupid crap to distract from the real programming. No, really, trust us, we're great!"

Adoption! Moon! Such wow!

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:24:22 AM

everyone is allowed to hold darkcoin
Whew! Dodged a bullet on that one!

Now I need an exception for "People who are hated by sissies for being awesome, are allowed to hold DRK."

Damn, I just realized I don't have permission from anyone do do pretty much fuck-all of anything I do in my waking life... Shit. I better start filling out government forms or something...

Yeah, I'm totally gonna do that.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
kazz05

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:30:28 AM

Hi guys

I've made my first Darkcoin investment only about 2btc for now. I'm trying to learn more about the Darkcoin technology and it's all really confusing to me. It will probably take me a while to get even a slight grasp on this. My question is, am I able to earn interest with my coins? Thanks
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:32:27 AM

am I able to earn interest
No. DRK is not a Proof of Shit. Stagnation isn't on our roadmap. You have to actually DO something if you want to get paid, like set up a masternode, or panic sell...

Really? You invested BEFORE figuring this out?

[sigh]

This is why DogucheCoin is pumping for no reason right now...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:47:28 AM

What a warm welcome ...

Hi guys

I've made my first Darkcoin investment only about 2btc for now. I'm trying to learn more about the Darkcoin technology and it's all really confusing to me. It will probably take me a while to get even a slight grasp on this. My question is, am I able to earn interest with my coins? Thanks
Hi
Take a look at :
https://darkcointalk.org/forums/beginners-section.31/
https://darkcointalk.org/forums/master-nodes.47/
https://darkcointalk.org/forums/guides.32/
onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:48:55 AM

Hi guys

so you probably have about 326 Darkcoins, right? to earn interest you'd need to run a masternode. masternodes are complicated to set up, and each masternode requires 1,000 Darkcoins. when you run a masternode you randomly get payments, on average about 0.66 Darkcoins per day. if you can't afford to buy 1,000 Darkcoins, it's possible to join a group of investors who split the payments according to their shares.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
strix

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:49:31 AM

Coins101,

Just a thought

strix

here

If you're trying to remain anonymous....be careful not to reveal any information linking your bitcoin addresses to your identity. Satoshi, 2010
There are some things Bitcoin shouldn't buy. For those things, and everything else, there's DARKCOIN

Sorry, as a newbie I'm only allowed 50 characters. Besides, I prefer to be original (or I would be on a copycoin thread).  Cheesy

strix

TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:54:26 AM

Coins101,

Just a thought

strix

here

Sorry, as a newbie I'm only allowed 50 characters. Besides, I prefer to be original (or I would be on a copycoin thread).  Cheesy

strix

There are some things money can't buy. So for everything, there's Darkcoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 [2934] 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 2971 2972 2973 2974 2975 2976 2977 2978 2979 2980 2981 2982 2983 2984 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: