Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2986 2987 2988 2989 2990 2991 2992 2993 2994 2995 2996 2997 2998 2999 3000 3001 3002 3003 3004 3005 3006 3007 3008 3009 3010 3011 3012 3013 3014 3015 3016 3017 3018 3019 3020 3021 3022 3023 3024 3025 3026 3027 3028 3029 3030 3031 3032 3033 3034 3035 [3036] 3037 3038 3039 3040 3041 3042 3043 3044 3045 3046 3047 3048 3049 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3055 3056 3057 3058 3059 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:00:14 PM

That is so amazingly COOL!!! I just received 10 DRK, and while I have strong suspicions I have no way to prove who it is from.

WAIT!!! Now I am confounded (no it doesn't take much) I just received 5 more. Up to this point I was thrilled with getting close to one from the faucet over a month.

Gentlemen (meant in a purely non-sexist manner ;- ), your graciousness astounds me. May I one day prove myself worthy, for I surly am not now.

Strix

If you sell them, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Actually I won't, since I can't find you because of Darkcoin's great coding.

Now I want a Taken movie where Liam Neeson can't track the money and the movie end after 15 minutes with Liam saying "Goddamn Darkcoin". THE END.

Sell them... are you KIDDING??!!! This is the seed money for my master-node fund. Only about 980 to go!
Strix

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:13:25 PM

I'm in! DRK is the next BTC  Grin

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:28:54 PM

VERTOE!
IMPORTANT:

I may have found someone through my #buildthedarkness initiative who would be perfect for the wallet UI project. (C++ And QT) He may post here soon but I am in contact with him on Twitter.

Here's hoping!

I will keep you posted.

EDIT: He is going to post in the DCT thread!

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:40:38 PM

VERTOE!
IMPORTANT:

I may have found someone through my #buildthedarkness initiative who would be perfect for the wallet UI project. (C++ And QT) He may post here soon but I am in contact with him on Twitter.

Here's hoping!

I will keep you posted.

great news Tao
thnx for your twitter activity.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:55:49 PM

Based on some discussions we had this morning I want to start active promotion of Darkcoin, I just created a thread over @darkcointalk.org. Below I am crossposting the OP, please go to Darkcointalk.org and offer some feedback.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-promotion-initiatives.2463/

Quote from: Minotaur, post: 22028, member: 247

Darkcoin Promotion Campaign

Now that we are close to open source we should get ready to start actively promoting Darkcoin. I have discussed extensively with [USER=650]fernando[/USER] the interest I have in helping in this area, as I am sure many others will like to help too.  I know the Darkcoin Foundation is getting organized and we will soon have a formal channel to implement these ideas, but now seems as good a time as any to start brainstorming.

Idea 1:

My first idea is to create a target list of relevant companies and/or individuals in the crypto world to whom we would like to present Darkcoin/Darksend, the features and benefits of our solution and the philosophy behind our movement. This target list will be built through online research and using tools like Hoovers(I have access) and Linked in. Companies like GoCoin and Bitpay, will be included along with many mid sized crypto companies and all executives involved.
The idea consist in preparing a package of information that answers the following questions:

What is Darkcoin?
    Who is behind Darkcoin?
    What are the competitive advantages of Darkcoin when compared to other crypto currencies?
    Darkcoin Features and Benefits?
    Maybe a Darkcoin/Darksend infographic and some illustrations.
    Instructions on how to test Darksend and see it in action.

Once, we have the content ready that we want to share with the world I will make sure we present it in a clean professional way using the Darkcoin stationery we worked on on the Branding thread.  I will also like to produce some hard copies of this material to be sent out to corporate offices of some of the crypto companies we find to be relevant to our cause.
In the electronic version of the information package we may include a wallet.dat and a link to download the wallet when the mail is directed to specific individuals advising them that they can claim 5DRK that we would Darksend to them so they can test the wallet and see the Darksend process in action. I am hoping with this initiative to create awareness and have some important people look into Darkcoin in more detail.

This project will have a few stages:

Stage 1) Planning. This is where we are now and feedback from active members is expected.

Stage 2) Building the target list. These are the people we want to attract as investors/supporters. We will initially send the information but we may later actually put in some phone calls and arrange some meetings. Send in active members that may be on their territories to pitch Darkcoin live or even fly for a meeting if its relevant enough.

Stage 3) Preparing the promotion material. This may include a Darkcoin corporate profile, presentations, videos, user guides, infographics and the like. This is going to be a continues effort and should happen    concurrently as we build our target list. Nevertheless, we need a first version of our information package to launch the campaign.

Stage4) Deploying the campaign. We may designate responsible members for specific territories and follow up and meet regularly to gauge progress. Our objectives are to:

Create Darkcoin awareness.
    Get our coin added to new services (payment processors, exchanges, etc.).
    Attract new investors.
    Get validation of our solution/code  from relevant members of the crypto community.

As we are right now on the planning stage, please provide feedback and present your view so we can come up with the best strategy.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:57:39 PM

VERTOE!
IMPORTANT:

Here's hoping!

I will keep you posted.

great news Tao
thnx for your twitter activity.

No problem. I consider it an investment in my future...

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:02:22 PM

Based on some discussions we had this morning I want to start active promotion of Darkcoin, I just created a thread over @darkcointalk.org. Below I am crossposting the OP, please go to Darkcointalk.org and offer some feedback.

Quote from: Minotaur, post: 22028, member: 247

Darkcoin Promotion Campaign

Now that we are close to open source we should get ready to start actively promoting Darkcoin. I have discussed extensively with [USER=650]fernando[/USER] the interest I have in helping in this area, as I am sure many others will like to help too.  I know the Darkcoin Foundation is getting organized and we will soon have a formal channel to implement these ideas, but now seems as good a time as any to start brainstorming.

Idea 1:

My first idea is to create a target list of relevant companies and/or individuals in the crypto world to whom we would like to present Darkcoin/Darksend, the features and benefits of our solution and the philosophy behind our movement. This target list will be built through online research and using tools like Hoovers(I have access) and Linked in. Companies like GoCoin and Bitpay, will be included along with many mid sized crypto companies and all executives involved.
The idea consist in preparing a package of information that answers the following questions:

What is Darkcoin?
    Who is behind Darkcoin?
    What are the competitive advantages of Darkcoin when compared to other crypto currencies?
    Darkcoin Features and Benefits?
    Maybe a Darkcoin/Darksend infographic and some illustrations.
    Instructions on how to test Darksend and see it in action.

Once, we have the content ready that we want to share with the world I will make sure we present it in a clean professional way using the Darkcoin stationery we worked on on the Branding thread.  I will also like to produce some hard copies of this material to be sent out to corporate offices of some of the crypto companies we find to be relevant to our cause.
In the electronic version of the information package we may include a wallet.dat and a link to download the wallet when the mail is directed to specific individuals advising them that they can claim 5DRK that we would Darksend to them so they can test the wallet and see the Darksend process in action. I am hoping with this initiative to create awareness and have some important people look into Darkcoin in more detail.

This project will have a few stages:

Stage 1) Planning. This is where we are now and feedback from active members is expected.

Stage 2) Building the target list. These are the people we want to attract as investors/supporters. We will initially send the information but we may later actually put in some phone calls and arrange some meetings. Send in active members that may be on their territories to pitch Darkcoin live or even fly for a meeting if its relevant enough.

Stage 3) Preparing the promotion material. This may include a Darkcoin corporate profile, presentations, videos, user guides, infographics and the like. This is going to be a continues effort and should happen    concurrently as we build our target list. Nevertheless, we need a first version of our information package to launch the campaign.

Stage4) Deploying the campaign. We may designate responsible members for specific territories and follow up and meet regularly to gauge progress. Our objectives are to:

Create Darkcoin awareness.
    Get our coin added to new services (payment processors, exchanges, etc.).
    Attract new investors.
    Get validation of our solution/code  from relevant members of the crypto community.

As we are right now on the planning stage, please provide feedback and present your view so we can come up with the best strategy.

I've already started....I'll take the Twitter territory!  Wink

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:27:49 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 11:46:03 PM by coins101

Coinbase offering a new connection API for any Bitcoin codebase coin to connect to it - doubt it, but you never know!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2h9bws/coinbases_toshi_node_now_supports_litecoin/

https://bitcoin.toshi.io/

http://newsbtc.com/2014/09/17/coinbase-announces-toshi-open-source-bitcoin-node-developers/

edit

Instant Confirmation would rock with this - what better way for coinbase to go to the moon than a project that can demonstrate how crypto can compete with credit cards!
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:56:02 PM

Coinbase offering a new connection API for any Bitcoin codebase coin to connect to it - doubt it, but you never know!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2h9bws/coinbases_toshi_node_now_supports_litecoin/

https://bitcoin.toshi.io/

http://newsbtc.com/2014/09/17/coinbase-announces-toshi-open-source-bitcoin-node-developers/

edit

Instant Confirmation would rock with this - what better way for coinbase to go to the moon than a project that can demonstrate how crypto can compete with credit cards!

Grin Always nice to hear from you Coins, you greedy bastard! Grin

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:18:16 AM

OK, my intention was to give away 26DRK to newcomers to help introduce new people to DRK and have them try Darksend. What do you suggest would be the best way to do that? Any ideas?

How about sending 1.1 drk to 23 journalists to try out dark? Would that not be more beneficial?

Lump sum competition is good too though. hmm. Will ponder.

I really like this idea :-)

I'm game as well!

This idea seems to be very popular. Now how do we distribute the DRK, sending them an email with a wallet.dat with the funds and a link to download the client? I would think it should be to key players not necessarily only journalists.

i think the idea is great
journalists , BTC people (a andronopolos), famouse bankers, ....
BUT
we should wait until the new QT wallet is ready !!! will be visually so much nicer
if the test/experiment is done on them !!!
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:23:50 AM

On open source, I want these people commenting on DRK:

Greg Maxwell
Andreas Antonopoulos
Amir Taaki
Peter Todd

+
Max Keiser
A Greenberg / WIRED
BBC Click (have a contact)
and i have some more people on my list (pm me on drkt)
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:31:50 AM

VERTOE!
IMPORTANT:

Here's hoping!

I will keep you posted.

man that would be HUGe
(i tried this for so long and did not get anywhere)

i just started a conversation with you and vertoe on drkt regarding this

well done
power to twitter
and the darkside
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:48:54 AM

For your viewing pleasure... and if this doesn't make you want to run out and buy DRK then there's no hope for you - you may as well crawl to your central bank with your balls on a silver platter whining "please master, would you like them boiled or fried?"

http://econ.st/1BTuu8N

patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:03:08 AM

For your viewing pleasure... and if this doesn't make you want to run out and buy DRK then there's no hope for you - you may as well crawl to your central bank with your balls on a silver platter whining "please master, would you like them boiled or fried?"

http://econ.st/1BTuu8N

That pesky cash really gets in the way of central bankers' negative interest rates dreams, let's get rid of it!
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:16:10 AM

I am still in DESPERATE need
of contacts (for the PR Releases) in the Industry !

Magazines/ Blogs/ Writers - Journos / BTC Freaks / Bankers/ Inverstors/Tech Magazines.....

anything that makes sense !
Please pm me at drktalk !!
tx
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:16:46 AM

Thanks Minotaur, that's a tremendous initiative. I've just added some feedback.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:49:34 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 02:25:24 AM by georgem

VERTOE!
IMPORTANT:

Here's hoping!

I will keep you posted.

Interesting. Would be so awesome to finally get a Qt expert on board. I tried to look into it, but Qt is way over my head.

I was gonna ask, are the UI elements available for download somewhere?
I mean the essential graphics like buttons, menues, fonts, checkboxes, textfields, scrollbars etc...

I am working on turning my forum extracting script into a (desktop) app, and was wondering, hm... I create small (desktop) apps all the time, why not with a DRK UI?

Is a full-fledged UI for Darkcoin available, and if yes who is the designer?

When I say full-fledged UI I mean something like this: (preferrably in PSD format)

I am also working on a sophisticated GIF creator app. Now that I created so many GIFs I need my own tools to accelerate the development cycle.  Cool

Why not create a whole pallette of DRK apps and widgets with a consistent DRK UI.  Shocked

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:54:41 AM

Magazines/ Blogs/ Writers - Journos / BTC Freaks / Bankers/ Inverstors/Tech Magazines.....

tx

I think we should just send it through Marketwire or a similar service. Will PM you on drktalk.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:25:30 AM

tx

I think we should just send it through Marketwire or a similar service. Will PM you on drktalk.

Tx man
i agree, good idea

but i still wanna keep the Personalized mailing List going (+ Extend it)
it is all about personal contacts out there
we talk ..>>>
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:26:57 AM

VERTOE!
IMPORTANT:

Here's hoping!

I will keep you posted.

Interesting. Would be so awesome to finally get a Qt expert on board. I tried to look into it, but Qt is way over my head.

I was gonna ask, are the UI elements available for download somewhere?
I mean the essential graphics like buttons, menues, fonts, checkboxes, textfields, scrollbars etc...

I am working on turning my forum extracting script into a (desktop) app, and was wondering, hm... I create apps all the time, why not with a DRK UI?

Is a full-fledged UI for Darkcoin available, and if yes who is the designer?

When I say full-fledged UI I mean something like this: (preferrably in PSD format)

I am also working on a sophisticated GIF creator app. Now that I created so many GIFs I need my own tools to accelerate the development cycle.  Cool

Why not create a whole pallette of DRK apps and widgets with a consistent DRK UI.  Shocked

If there's anyone on here that's motivated and knowledgeable for this stuff I'd say it's you georgem. You've demonstrated a continuous capacity to produce content and you appear to have pretty good knowledge on this stuff (we just don't want any titty/bum stuff included in the UI...Ha!)

Not sure if you're aware (as you haven't referenced this) but BCT user DRKLord had done a huge amount of work on a new wallet UI and it was looking absolutely tremendous. Unfortunately (I believe) he became ill so hasn't been around for a couple of months now. Here's oen of his many postings showing what he's been producing.

Hey everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that my project team and I have decided on the final design of the new Darkcoin wallet software and UI. The new Darkcoin wallet will look like this:

Light/White Skin

Dark/Blue Skin

You'll be able to choose your desired skin/theme and modify colors to your liking. We may support custom layouts in the future as well, but for now we must focus on functionality and completing the work in a timely fashion.  Smiley

You can view yesterday's status report on the wallet overhaul at DarkcoinTalk.org...

Regards,

The DRK Lord

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Pages: « 1 ... 2986 2987 2988 2989 2990 2991 2992 2993 2994 2995 2996 2997 2998 2999 3000 3001 3002 3003 3004 3005 3006 3007 3008 3009 3010 3011 3012 3013 3014 3015 3016 3017 3018 3019 3020 3021 3022 3023 3024 3025 3026 3027 3028 3029 3030 3031 3032 3033 3034 3035 [3036] 3037 3038 3039 3040 3041 3042 3043 3044 3045 3046 3047 3048 3049 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3055 3056 3057 3058 3059 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: