Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:03:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3009 3010 3011 3012 3013 3014 3015 3016 3017 3018 3019 3020 3021 3022 3023 3024 3025 3026 3027 3028 3029 3030 3031 3032 3033 3034 3035 3036 3037 3038 3039 3040 3041 3042 3043 3044 3045 3046 3047 3048 3049 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3055 3056 3057 3058 [3059] 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:10:11 AM

Watch Kristov Atlas's newest speech.
He talks about darkness and the dark market.

Awesome speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhVpPs-Cp_8

I'm starting to like this Kristov Atlas guy. Pity he failed to mention Darkcoin in any of that though, despite Darkcoin completely solving the Bitcoin problems he was mentioning. Centralised-browser-plugin-vapourware Dark Wallet got airtime instead...  Huh

Maybe he's afraid that openly acknowledging DRK's superiority will get him cast out of the BTC zealots club?

We have a winner  Grin

Remember that picture of the two Olympic Runners, Bitcoin was handing over the carrying of the flame to Darkcoin?

20% of people dropped me from Twitter when I posted that one.  Darkcoin's rise is going to rock the apple-cart something chronic.

Why does it take spelling out for me to "get it"?  I hope Kristov held on to his masternode (potential wallet).  Because I was thinking his mind set was that all the stuff alts bring to the table should be taken up by bitcoin (would never happen) for their enrichment, and that our coins should self sacrifice to the all mighty bitcoin.  But if anyone should know better, Mr. ATLAS, who espouses the virtues of Ayn Rand, it's is he.  So you've finally cleared up my brain regarding Kristov.  Or at least gave me a good potential reasoning that feels satisfactory, LOL.

I'd like to adopt Evan, but would love Kristov as a son in law, ROFLMAO.  I'm gonna scare these poor boys into never talking to me again!  LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:14:28 AM

We have a winner  Grin

Remember that picture of the two Olympic Runners, Bitcoin was handing over the carrying of the flame to Darkcoin?

20% of people dropped me from Twitter when I posted that one.  Darkcoin's rise is going to rock the apple-cart something chronic.

Dropping you?  lol

Hell I get 2-5 new follwers everything I post something DRK related

I have more followers then people I follow - allbeit still under 100 but meh....

But Mr. Ignition75 probably started off with only bitcoin, and you may have started off predominantly with Darkcoin.  I can see you gaining, and Ignition losing .... for a while, until ignition gets more attention from the dark community.  Still, very funny how these Bitcoin people are so stubborn.  You can see they're only interested in their wallets instead of the cause.... and there is nothing wrong with that.... But it's interesting to see.  They should open their eyes though, or else their wallets will suffer in the long run.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:27:48 AM

Still, very funny how these Bitcoin people are so stubborn.  You can see they're only interested in their wallets instead of the cause.... and there is nothing wrong with that.... But it's interesting to see.  They should open their eyes though, or else their wallets will suffer in the long run.

Yeah that reddit thread that some of us DRKheads (and Evan) were posting in a few days back was pure cognitive dissonance.

3 people control ~50% of the entire bitcoin network, BTC has two payment processors "so we don't need instant transactions," yet, "1000 masternodes = OMG centralisation, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!"  Roll Eyes
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:33:57 AM

Still, very funny how these Bitcoin people are so stubborn.  You can see they're only interested in their wallets instead of the cause.... and there is nothing wrong with that.... But it's interesting to see.  They should open their eyes though, or else their wallets will suffer in the long run.

Yeah that reddit thread that some of us DRKheads (and Evan) were posting in a few days back was pure cognitive dissonance.

3 people control ~50% of the entire bitcoin network, BTC has two payment processors "so we don't need instant transactions," yet, "1000 masternodes = OMG centralisation, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!"  Roll Eyes

Truer thoughts were never so well expressed!  Thank you Smiley

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:46:04 AM

LOL! So true. I pored over that reddit thread, and I thought evand82 handled himself pretty well in what was obviously hostile territory.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
raze182

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:05:27 AM

From deviantART:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Cryptocurrency-DARKCOIN-484695020

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:22:37 AM

My 2 favourite new words  Smiley

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:35:03 AM

Oh you guys have got to read this.....

Just replace some of the words with DarkCoin - LOL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/2014/09/25/68c4e08e-4344-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2YgZX9Thm0

Yeah boy...... lol

EDIT:

Comey added that FBI officials already have made initial contact with the two companies, which announced their new smartphone encryption initiatives last week. He said he could not understand why companies would “market something expressly to allow people to place themselves beyond the law.”

I like this one:

He said he could not understand why companies would “market something expressly to allow people to place themselves beyond the law.”

Beyond the law?  What about the basic human law of privacy?

I'm extremely pleased the Darkcoin foundation has somebody with a legal background joining.  The high profile court case is coming...

The establishment has to be extremely careful how they tread from this point onwards, anyone who's had their privacy invaded or been f*cked over by governments and/or corporations are going to stand strong behind projects like Darkcoin.

Just look at how viral "Ello" has gone, all they did was say we are a social network that has no advertising and no data mining.

People are thirsty for privacy in every aspect of their life...

raze182

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:10:55 AM

Darkcoin mentioned on NBC News:

[...] Kolb said the broader cryptocurrency community understands the tensions between security and freedom. "Nobody wants the bad guys to get a bunch of money," she said. "But they don't want to lose their freedoms, either." She added that U.S. intelligence would do well to focus less on bitcoin and more on other alternative currencies that are more focused on anonymity, like Darkcoin, which Wired magazine called "the shadowy cousin of bitcoin."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/u-s-military-probing-digital-currencies-terror-fight-n212371

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:28:58 AM

Looks like Evan might be come Famous very soon.

Man, if there ever was person who was prepared for this conversation it is him.
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 04:32:29 AM

Isn't the price supposed to be going up with open source upcoming? Not that I care, but.. you know..
Markets rarely do what is expected of them.
look doge, not development, only dog meme and... 325% profit last 30 days,  investor retard wave chasers are not interested in DRK
That's the crypto community for you... Only out to leave someone else bagholding [insert name of random useless scamcoin here].

This surprises you? Were you born yesterday? These people are genetic garbage, it's what they do...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 04:41:28 AM

Evan is extremely level-headed and honest.
If anyone could make the guy come unglued, it'd be me. He's untouchable, and that's why I trust him.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 04:44:46 AM

Looks like Evan might be come Famous very soon.
Man, if there ever was person who was prepared for this conversation it is him.
There's really nothing I can add to this statement, except that it should be heard more often.

You people are worried about the guv coming after him, stupid... Other crypto holders bagholding stuff he's going to bury are far more fit for the psych profile... When their FUD burns out, they WILL turn to violence.

Trauma plate.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:16:05 AM

LOL need to say that Smiley

I got 15 payments in the row ALL PAID Smiley didn`t see it for ages Wink

2 days 2 open source Cheesy

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
xgtele

Activity: 288

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:18:22 AM

[...] Kolb said the broader cryptocurrency community understands the tensions between security and freedom. "Nobody wants the bad guys to get a bunch of money," she said. "But they don't want to lose their freedoms, either." She added that U.S. intelligence would do well to focus less on bitcoin and more on other alternative currencies that are more focused on anonymity, like Darkcoin, which Wired magazine called "the shadowy cousin of bitcoin."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/u-s-military-probing-digital-currencies-terror-fight-n212371

Interesting to read
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:24:16 AM

LOL need to say that Smiley

I got 15 payments in the row ALL PAID Smiley didn`t see it for ages Wink

2 days 2 open source Cheesy

Nice work...

My New York masternodes are smashing it at the moment...

Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:10:56 AM

It's Friday, I'm bored at work and my boss is out sick.

Ladies...

BUMP Smiley
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:35:54 AM

Whoa that's some serious coverage and confirmation on how serious they are treating Evans glorious gift to the world.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:52:33 AM

Anybody want to stop me before I send this to NBC?

This is an UNOFFICIAL RESPONSE and should not be considered sanctioned by the DarkCoin community and/or Develpor(s). You may use and/or freely distribute any and all statements contained herein.

I am Mangled Blue.
I write you today on behalf of DarkCoin and as a holder of DarkCoin (disclaimer)

DarkCoin, is a Crypto-Currency that has been created for the masses. It's purpose, is to give financial privacy to those that desire privacy.

The American Dollar, formally know as, the, Federal Reserve Note (FRN), is used for countless, illegal transactions, everyday. FRN's, funds, Wars and is apart of countless death's. FRN's are used by ISIS, Al-Qaeda and even the NSA but very few are standing up in America and around the world shouting, "Destroy the American Dollar!" Why? Because, for a lot of people, their lives depend on the American Dollar, a.k.a. FRN

The problem DarkCoin has is, it's new. All lot of people don't like anything new. New means change but I shouldn't have to explain this to you. A lot of people - don't like change.

The problem with Bitcoin is, there is no privacy. Would you scan your bank records and post them on the internet for all to see? This is what Bitcoin and all other crypto-currency's do.

All other crypto-currency's, including Bitcoin, is a Prosecutor's wet-dream come true, never-mind the NSA and all the other 3-letter government agencies.

What does Darkcoin really do? Darkcoin creates doubt. Darkcoin creates doubt by mixing other Darkcoins from other users via what is known as a MasterNode. After that explanation, it gets a little complicated and some-what technical.

According to the laws of America, "You must be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" or that's what everybody is suppose to believe, right? DarkCoin simply creates doubt by, "mixing" coins from other users, that choose to do so, willingly, before any transaction is ever made. It's very much like walking into a bank and asking, "Can I have change for a hundred?"

If any government proposed a law that said, 'You must publicly display and record every serial number, to every bank note, that you own and transact..." do you really think that this proposed law would be passed? That is what Bitcoin is and does. A complete disclosure to your Bitcoin finacial records for all to see. There is nothing anonymous and/or private about Bitcoin, no matter what somebody has said and/or you have read.
I find myself defending DarkCoin like I protect my bank account because, the police are not your friends. The police, at least for now, need a search warrant to gain access to my bank records. The NSA and all the other 3-letter government agencies, are not your friends. These government "offical's" have shown that they cannot be trusted, simply by the revelations of Wikileaks and by citizen Snowden.

DarkCoin choose's to openly share it's technology and the right of privacy with the entire world. On September 29th, 2014, every person in the world will be able to copy and review the DarkCoin privacy code known as DarkSend. DarkCoin it's self, has been a fully functioning crypto-currency since January of 2014.

As an American speaking....
The Forth Amendment should be a universal right for all of mankind. Our fore-fathers would be considered terrorist, if given a proper and modern definition.

The creation of a technology, that cannot be controlled by a central authority, will be feared by the central authority. You cannot control something that you have no control over. The only way to destroy crypto-currency, is to shut down the internet. If the Internet is shut-down, revolution is sure to come. The common man and woman will ask, 'What do you mean I can't get on-line any more?'

There are many faucets that must be considered before any government decides to "step-in" and attempts to control a technology that was created, by the people, for the people. Even more so when we live in a country that was created, by the people, for the people.

The World, as a whole, has a right to privacy, and even more so, financial privacy.

We are Darkcoin
IN DRK WE TRUST
Mangled Blue

edited for corrections

Ah Mangled, don't send it I absolutely understand where you've coming from (and I thoroughly enjoy your posts) but you're sounding like a whacko libertarian nut job. When dealing with mainstream media you must write in a level-headed manner that appeals to higher level of over-arching principles and avoids "street speak" throw-around concepts that people like us are perfectly aware of but won't be understood at all by a mainstream journalist. Saying things like this:

What does Darkcoin really do? Darkcoin creates doubt. Darkcoin creates doubt by mixing other Darkcoins from other users via what is known as a MasterNode. After that explanation, it gets a little complicated and some-what technical.

According to the laws of America, "You must be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" or that's what everybody is suppose to believe, right? DarkCoin simply creates doubt by, "mixing" coins from other users, that choose to do so, willingly, before any transaction is ever made."

will just be taken out of context and it reads like "the essence of what Darkcoin is for is to create doubt so people can get away with lots of illegal stuff via mixing and (because we know about the guilt beyond reasonable doubt ruling) the technology will prevent people from being held to account". Can you see how this will just send the whole wrong message!!!

We need to be talking the language of how our forefathers (well not mine, I'm in Oz but same principles apply) fought to ensure "pursuit of happiness....(etc)" and that privacy is a fundamental plank in that platform which is slowly being eroded to greater and greater levels in a manner that is very unhealthy for democracy and privacy. We need to position Darkcoin as democracy's weapon to fight the evil encroachment of irrepressible government over-reach and all the ill that come with that.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:02:28 AM

most likely in the trash or what not -

really wouldn't worry about it

Yeah, no trouble. It's great that you're so passionate but we do need to be careful how we position the stuff, especially when the mainstream media is all agog about terrorism and looking for anything that can demonize as part of some abhorrent plot to help with terrorism funding or expertise. As I've noted previously, Darkcoin is at high risk of suddenly dropping into a maelstrom of controversy and beat-up.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Pages: « 1 ... 3009 3010 3011 3012 3013 3014 3015 3016 3017 3018 3019 3020 3021 3022 3023 3024 3025 3026 3027 3028 3029 3030 3031 3032 3033 3034 3035 3036 3037 3038 3039 3040 3041 3042 3043 3044 3045 3046 3047 3048 3049 3050 3051 3052 3053 3054 3055 3056 3057 3058 [3059] 3060 3061 3062 3063 3064 3065 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: