Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:03:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 [3132] 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722632 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:06:48 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 07:20:46 PM by camosoul

I'd like to accept DRK as the exclusive cryptocurrency of my company, but, no one makes a plugin that lets me manage transactions in a rational way. The middle-man services are unacceptable by definition of being middle-man services. The whole damn point is to keep the info private, not hand it all over to a 3rd party so that the guvtrash can subpoena them for the very info I'm trying to keep private... I just want a plugin that holds a list of addresses and increments as they get used... Why is this so much to ask? Paying doesn't even get anyone to do it. I guess all software developers hate money?

I'd also like to split the database so that no transaction data or customer information is stored on a server, but on a local machine that I can restrict physical access to. Then my customers can perform truly safe, anonymous transactions with no way for any other 3rd party, guvthug or otherwise, to know who they are, what they bought, or even if they bought. No way to follow the money back to my customers because DRK!

Failing to take these measures results in data hanging around that can be obtained by other means, defeating the purpose of DRK in the first place. am I the only online vendor that actually gives a shit about his customers' privacy?

My goal is to maintain control of all data, such that there are no remnants in the hands of 3rd parties who could give the information away against my will. If I have the only copy, I can destroy the only copy. If it is also my standing policy to destroy all data after the transaction is complete, my customers' cannot be betrayed by 3rd parties, or even myself. No mailing address, no name, no amount spent, no items bought, etc. A subpoena sent to me for data I don't have is a subpoena I don't have to respond to.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:17:02 PM

Well, looks like we could see a 60/40 block reward split by early next year and 50/50 by next summer... all in all I'm happy enough with that.  Smiley

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:19:47 PM

I'd like to accept DRK as the exclusive cryptocurrency of my company, but, no one makes a plugin that lets me manage transactions in a rational way. The middle-man services are unacceptable by definition of being middle-man services. The whole damn point is to keep the info private, not hand it all over to a 3rd party so that the guvtrash can subpoena them for the very info I'm trying to keep private... I just want a plugin that holds a list of addresses and increments as they get used... Why is this so much to ask? Paying doesn't even get anyone to do it. I guess all software developers hate money?

I'd also like to split the database so that no transaction data or customer information is stored on a server, but on a local machine that I can restrict physical access to. Then my customers can perform truly safe, anonymous transactions with no way for any other 3rd party, guvthug or otherwise, to know who they are, what they bought, or even if they bought. No way to follow the money back to my customers because DRK!

Failing to take these measures results in data hanging around that can be obtained by other means, defeating the purpose of DRK in the first place. am I the only online vendor that actually gives a shit about his customers' privacy?

3 mentions of privacy, only 1 of anonymous....now you see what my twitter followers are thinking? Please don't shoot me!  Grin

http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-93

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:22:18 PM

3 mentions of privacy, only 1 of anonymous....now you see what my twitter followers are thinking? Please don't shoot me!  Grin
In relation to non-DRK data, nice try with the bait and switch... ;-)

In the end, it results in anonymous purchasing because I'm only keeping it private long enough to destroy it's coherency, thus making it anonymous. Privacy is just the path to anonymity. Deletion is not the only form of coherency decimation; denomination does it, too.... I have to hold the cards in order to destroy the cards. I have to make sure nobody else has a copy. If I don't control it, I can't get rid of it.

Why would I shoot you? :-p

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:24:33 PM

In relation to non-DRK data, nice try with the bait and switch... ;-)

In the end, it results in anonymous purchasing because I'm only keeping it private long enough to destroy it's coherency, thus making it anonymous. Privacy is just the path to anonymity. Deletion is not the only form of coherency decimation; denomination does it, too.... I have to hold the cards in order to destroy the cards. I have to make sure nobody else has a copy. If I don't control it, I can't get rid of it.

Why would I shoot you? :-p

Glad I caught you in a good mood....

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Waiting over an hour for a BTC tx to even show up in the memory pool, much less gain block inclusion/confirmation...

InstantX, you cannot arrive soon enough.

BTC blockchain 8 days behind and barely moving... It'll be another 8 days in the future before it gets here...

Thank you MNs for making blockchain downloads haul ass.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:27:27 PM

Well, looks like we could see a 60/40 block reward split by early next year and 50/50 by next summer... all in all I'm happy enough with that.  Smiley

As a MN owner, I'm happy, I just hope we're not shooting ourselves in the foot here....

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:28:43 PM

Waiting over an hour for a BTC tx to even show up in the memory pool, much less gain block inclusion/confirmation...

InstantX, you cannot arrive soon enough...

You said it bro'! OK, 300 posts reached, I'm out, nice talking with you guys!  Wink

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:29:23 PM

Well, looks like we could see a 60/40 block reward split by early next year and 50/50 by next summer... all in all I'm happy enough with that.  Smiley
As a MN owner, I'm happy, I just hope we're not shooting ourselves in the foot here....
This.

We're starting to see that "don't give a shit, me me me" attitude we see in miners show up in the MN operator arena...

Difficulty scales to prevent that animalistic behavior from causing collapse in mining. How does it get controlled on MNs?

Then there's Doge... Maybe it's not that important?

Evan, do they clank when you walk? That's a bold move.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:32:57 PM

This.

We're starting to see that "don't give a shit" attitude we see in miners show up in the MN operator arena...

What miners 'don't give a shit?' - one whisper that their sacred unearned-money hose might dry up a tad and it's howling tantrum time from the lot of them.  Tongue
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:34:13 PM

Well, looks like we could see a 60/40 block reward split by early next year and 50/50 by next summer... all in all I'm happy enough with that.  Smiley
This.

We're starting to see that "don't give a shit" attitude we see in miners show up in the MN operator arena...
What miners 'don't give a shit?' - one whisper that their sacred unearned-money hose might dry up a tad and it's howling tantrum time from the lot of them.  Tongue
Let me qualify it: They don't give a shit; about progress and better things, or the fact that this progress combined with scarcity actually drives up the value of what they mine and they make more money... You can't care about things you're too stupid to even be aware of...

I am concerned that if we don't get adoption, this could actually cause a backwards form of inflation in existing coin supply... Essentially a form of printing masternodes and nobody cares about the block reward anymore... then you and I will be the only people with DRK clients...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:45:24 PM

I am concerned that if we don't get adoption, this could actually cause a backwards form of inflation in existing coin supply... Essentially a form of printing masternodes and nobody cares about the block reward anymore... then you and I will be the only people with DRK clients...

Give the dark markets some time to get themselves off the ground and start accepting DRK - everyone in that scene knows by now that using BTC is suicide, and there is no goddamn way any merchant on Earth is going to put up with the sluglike pain in the arse that is cryptonote... that leaves us, and we're winning on all technological fronts anyway.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

Give the dark markets some time to get themselves off the ground and start accepting DRK - everyone in that scene knows by now that using BTC is suicide, and there is no goddamn way any merchant on Earth is going to put up with the sluglike pain in the arse that is cryptonote... that leaves us, and we're winning on all technological fronts anyway.
Sure, but the humans...

Are you telling me bitfinex is about to become the next bitstamp backdoored by coinbase?

I wanna see SR2.0 annouonce support. The grey and white markets are always last to adopt...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 08:01:38 PM

The hell are you talking about? - Mine all you want - nobody going to stop you.....
I said the same thing, he didn't hear that either...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:16:41 PM

The hell are you talking about? - Mine all you want - nobody going to stop you.....

And both you two dumb asses want to stop him from doing that. "I got mine, fuck the rest!"

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:33:13 PM

And both you two dumb asses want to stop him from doing that. "I got mine, fuck the rest!"

Neither camo nor Mangled have advocated abolishing PoW. Neither have I. Would you like a tampon to go with your twisted knickers*?

*'bunched panties' in American I believe?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:37:24 PM

Bitcoin dumpfest - people throwing 51 BTC shots and 48 BTC shots onto any bid liquidity the moment it appears. Can't get rid of it fast enough. Looks like we might be heading for the 200's.

BTCe trollbox says we;re heading for sub $100 bitcoin and if BTCe trollbox says it it must be true.

The banks are needing to get in on this game and I'm afraid this is the only way they can get the massive liquidity they need in such an illiquid market - shake the tree to f*ck (well, that's what I'd be doing if I was them anyway Smiley). Put it this way - if we're in this to hedge ourselves against a 300 trillion derivatives crash then you'd think they might be as well since they're the ones writing the derivatives).

$343 now.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 08:43:02 PM

Are you even alive? You must be drunk. I've been the hardest advocate of keeping PoW of anyone who ever lived. You're so full of shit it's coming out your nose.

PoW is fucking great. It's the only safe link to the law of the wild that any crypto has to have to validate itself.

Eat shit and get the fuck off the official forum, you're making a mess of it. Go cry that you're not getting enough free shit handed to you for nothing somewhere else. Fuck you.

I run more useless mining hardware than you can even imagine. At least you can go back to playing stupid games with your video card. What are my dual Neptunes doing? Who should I blame?

A masternode is way less expensive than a Neptune. And, it doesn't have to earn it's own worth. You can just cash out you MN any time you want at the exact same value that you put into it! Anyone gonna buy my Neptunes for $10K? Should I whine and accuse you of stealing my coins? Fucking prick.

I want youo to have what I have. I encourage you to step the fuck up and stop being a douche. But all you do is call me names and demand I give you free stuff. Fuck you.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:44:19 PM

I alway wonder how someone can be in a permanent state of anger like camosoul (no need to answer, Camosoul). Almost every post is filled with hatred and rage. It's a good thing that he considers himself (from what I remember) anti-social cause I sure can't imagine anyone like him out in public. Maybe when the subject of discussion isn't darkcoin he's a sweetheart though, who knows.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:48:07 PM

Bitcoin dumpfest - people throwing 51 BTC shots and 48 BTC shots onto any bid liquidity the moment it appears. Can't get rid of it fast enough. Looks like we might be heading for the 200's.

BTCe trollbox says we;re heading for sub $100 bitcoin and if BTCe trollbox says it it must be true.

The banks are needing to get in on this game and I'm afraid this is the only way they can get the massive liquidity they need in such an illiquid market - shake the tree to f*ck (well, that's what I'd be doing if I was them anyway Smiley). Put it this way - if we're in this to hedge ourselves against a 300 trillion derivatives crash then you'd think they might be as well since they're the ones writing the derivatives).

$343 now.

You're assuming they're sane, but since they wrote the derivatives in the first place and thought that was a good idea...  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 [3132] 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: