Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:36:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 [3141] 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722716 times)
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:40:18 PM

You can't blame market manipulation or whales when your total volume for the day is a meager $50,000. That's just no one using or trading Darkcoin. Simple as.

I mean fuck, Dogecoin had over 13x the volume of Darkcoin today. It's like some bad joke

I think most drk holders are saving and hoarding their coins waiting for price to skyrocket. I know I have been mining drk for awhile now and I hold onto to all my drk. I have only sold very few to take a stake one newer coins but have gotten burned everytime so now I just hold and wait and only trade the shitcoins I hold.
jams951

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:43:41 PM

If Mintpal does scram with all the funds im screwed. I had all my DRK there while I was setting up my new computer. I had no idea it was going down for new version launch.
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 05:46:30 PM

I put my previous unused payment towards this project instead.

Deal.

We would need some kind of valuation system, that we could update over time, and that would have only the most important features as criteria.
So, not a static info image, but more like a website that updates all the time (showing new competitors, and getting rid of obvious failures over time) with the ability to share the graph as screenshot with the click of a button thru all the various social media ...

What would important criteria be:

1) transaction time (obviously measured in seconds)
2) anonymity (difficult to measure and compare.... hm, ...)
etc..

what other criteria would make sense?

EDIT: 3) energy efficiency of blockchain securing / mining.

Every criteria would give a coin a few percentage points, and the total sum of points would make the top coin appear on the left, followed by the remeinaing top 9 (if we were to make a top 10)...

EDIT: 4) total net hashrate of the network at the moment. Ok, but how do TH/s of sha256 compare to MH/s of X11 or scrypt? ...difficult comparisons ahead, phew... maybe Joule/Watt/s ?

EDIT: 5) Distribution of total moneysupply over how many addresses? Not very reliable or meaningful... but makes nice pie charts.
Lets just start out with a simple infographic, save the .psd/.xcf to use as a template for a website when we get more advanced. Not bite off more than we can chew all up front. Get the block of clay, then sculpt it. Color scheme is obvious...

Step one is describing how different types of crypto work; BTC (and clones) blockchain, CN, Proof of Hoard coins, etc... We can describe the concepts and their flaws generically without seeming like we're trying to attack certain names specifically, because the truth is that we're not. We could cite commonly known examples of coins that use the flawed systems just to give people who don't read/understand a clue what's really going on in scamcoin world. The objective is to help people see what's wrong and why it needs fixing, not necessarily promote the one and only coin that is fixing it instead of running scams... I think if we can educate people clearly, they'll figure it out on their own. Maybe?

DRK doesn't so much need promotion itself, as the other coins need to be exposed for what they are. Once that is done, DRK simply stands out as the obvious choice.

Satoshi called BTC an experiment for very damn good reasons. We (should have) learned from it and moved on by now. BTC was and is an amazing concept that got almost everything right. Almost... Satoshi's crystal ball could be expected to be only so good. Most altcoins are actually worse. Some have novel ideas that are ingenious, but serve no real purpose as stand-alone features, or actually make it worse on their own. Then there's the 95% that are just plain bullshit scams...

Mining juice used is a useless metric. Equilibrium and paradoxical ruleset are not based on it. It's a distraction created by people who don't understand what mining is, but are mining in a vacuum of clue and whining because they don't know how to pay attention to the actual metrics affecting them. Anyone can mine pretty easilly without having a damn clue what's going on. Much like most of the people using the very same cryptos with no idea that it's not secure or anonymous at all... They have no clue.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Cryptosis

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:47:16 PM

If Mintpal does scram with all the funds im screwed. I had all my DRK there while I was setting up my new computer. I had no idea it was going down for new version launch.

I pulled all of my coins from mintpal a month ago luckily. I hope for yours and everyone else they are telling the truth and havent been hacked or trying to scam everyone which i seriously doubt they would have the balls to do that
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:48:32 PM

Never ever keep your coins on exchange!

Do it only if you want to do the quick move!

New PC? Keep them on the USB/SD/CD/DVD/Dump the priv keys. - 100000x safer than the exchange.

People will never learn after one lesson they need to burn themselves many times before they die burning Tongue

TBH I do not keep mine, bitfinex is the first one where I sent some funny 4 coins just to test it. Nothing more, but I feel strange like I will lose my preciousss my preciousssss ring...I mean drk Cheesy

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:50:54 PM

About Mintpal : http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/04/mintpal-v2-our-plans/

Already posted by splawik21 lol
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 05:54:41 PM

Right? How many times do people have to get Goxed before they fucking learn? Holy shit. There was absolutely no fucking excuse at all for it to have happened with Gox to begin with, the writing was on the wall for over a year... And people are still doing it? Are you fucking kidding me? If you lose coins by leaving them in any form of cloudness, especially an exchange, they all have bull's eyes on them... You absolutely fucking deserve it at this point... There is absolutely no excuse for that shit. You should not only lose your coins, but also get kicked in the crotch until you bleed out your ears. The first example was obvious and only the dumbest of the dumb got caught in Gox. How many more, ugh, I just can't say it anymore. There are not words to describe how magically, brutally stupid a person has to be to do this... Beyond ridiculous. Dirt has more sense than this...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Cryptosis

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:55:27 PM

About Mintpal : http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/04/mintpal-v2-our-plans/

Already posted by splawik21 lol
0% fees till the end of the year? Thats great if and when it comes back online
bertlebbert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:58:03 PM

Right? How many times do people have to get Goxed before they fucking learn? Holy shit. There was absolutely no fucking excuse at all for it to have happened with Gox to begin with, the writing was on the wall for over a year... And people are still doing it? Are you fucking kidding me? If you lose coins by leaving them in any form of cloudness, especially an exchange, they all have bull's eyes on them... You absolutely fucking deserve it at this point... There is absolutely no excuse for that shit. You should not only lose your coins, but also get kicked in the crotch until you bleed out your ears. The first example was obvious and only the dumbest of the dumb got caught in Gox. How many more, ugh, I just can't say it anymore. There are not words to describe how magically, brutally stupid a person has to be to do this... Beyond ridiculous. Dirt has more sense than this...

So does that mean its unwise to keep coins on an exchange?
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 05:58:49 PM

Yes, you should send them all to me so I can keep them safe for you.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
bertlebbert

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:00:14 PM

Yes, you should send them all to me so I can keep them safe for you.

Rt on  Grin...
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:25:17 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 07:00:48 PM by georgem

I put my previous unused payment towards this project instead.

Deal.

We would need some kind of valuation system, that we could update over time, and that would have only the most important features as criteria.
So, not a static info image, but more like a website that updates all the time (showing new competitors, and getting rid of obvious failures over time) with the ability to share the graph as screenshot with the click of a button thru all the various social media ...

What would important criteria be:

1) transaction time (obviously measured in seconds)
2) anonymity (difficult to measure and compare.... hm, ...)
etc..

what other criteria would make sense?

EDIT: 3) energy efficiency of blockchain securing / mining.

Every criteria would give a coin a few percentage points, and the total sum of points would make the top coin appear on the left, followed by the remeinaing top 9 (if we were to make a top 10)...

EDIT: 4) total net hashrate of the network at the moment. Ok, but how do TH/s of sha256 compare to MH/s of X11 or scrypt? ...difficult comparisons ahead, phew... maybe Joule/Watt/s ?

EDIT: 5) Distribution of total moneysupply over how many addresses? Not very reliable or meaningful... but makes nice pie charts.
Lets just start out with a simple infographic, save the .psd/.xcf to use as a template for a website when we get more advanced. Not bite off more than we can chew all up front. Get the block of clay, then sculpt it. Color scheme is obvious...

Step one is describing how different types of crypto work; BTC (and clones) blockchain, CN, Proof of Hoard coins, etc... We can describe the concepts and their flaws generically without seeming like we're trying to attack certain names specifically, because the truth is that we're not. We could cite commonly known examples of coins that use the flawed systems just to give people who don't read/understand a clue what's really going on in scamcoin world. The objective is to help people see what's wrong and why it needs fixing, not necessarily promote the one and only coin that is fixing it instead of running scams... I think if we can educate people clearly, they'll figure it out on their own. Maybe?

DRK doesn't so much need promotion itself, as the other coins need to be exposed for what they are. Once that is done, DRK simply stands out as the obvious choice.

Satoshi called BTC an experiment for very damn good reasons. We (should have) learned from it and moved on by now. BTC was and is an amazing concept that got almost everything right. Almost... Satoshi's crystal ball could be expected to be only so good. Most altcoins are actually worse. Some have novel ideas that are ingenious, but serve no real purpose as stand-alone features, or actually make it worse on their own. Then there's the 95% that are just plain bullshit scams...

Mining juice used is a useless metric. Equilibrium and paradoxical ruleset are not based on it. It's a distraction created by people who don't understand what mining is, but are mining in a vacuum of clue and whining because they don't know how to pay attention to the actual metrics affecting them. Anyone can mine pretty easilly without having a damn clue what's going on. Much like most of the people using the very same cryptos with no idea that it's not secure or anonymous at all... They have no clue.

Describing how different types of crypto work, describing concepts and their flaws , plus examples, what's wrong with them, what needs fixing... all this education...

And you want to put all this in a simple infographic?
This can't work.

We need something a little bit more broadened and extended.
I anticipate that this will need something in spreadsheet form, much like coinmarketcap, but more directed at information instead of all those meaningless approximated numbers.

There are so many interesting comparisons we could make.
For example we could show for each coin how much code they took from which other coin, and how many lines of code they developed themselves.
Why does something like this not exist yet???  Huh
So, if darkcoin has taken some code from litecoin which in turn is based on bitcoin, and then darkcoin has added x,y,z of new lines ofcode, and invented DGW and darksend etc...
how many other coins implemented DGW? (This should be as easy as a simple string search)...etc
So in our valuation list, darkcoin would recieve many extra points because many dozens of other coins are using DGW in their code.

My head is spinning with all the ideas.

Do you understand in what direction I would wish to go? I don't think a simple infographic is worth the time or will cause any meaningful impact anyway.

Cryptosis

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:42:24 PM

What's stopping MN payment enforcement right now? Hasn't the new code been launched to orphan no compliant blocks? I know I read something awhile back that's said it would go into effect last Monday or did I missunderstand what was being said
DStefanov

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:51:11 PM

Does anyone know when it will open Mintpal?

splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:03:48 PM

Ahhh finally http://bitmon.pl/artykuly-o-bitcoin/item/969-darkcoin-od-teraz-jako-open-source

dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

From which exchange is the selling pressure of BTC comming from.
( one is leader other follow on arb trading )
splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:10:02 PM

Do we have a darkcoin poker site? Would be nice to have one, the wider adoption would start don`t you think?

splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:10:29 PM

From which exchange is the selling pressure of BTC comming from.
( one is leader other follow on arb trading )
just look which one has the biggest volume Wink
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

crowning

Activity: 212

Activity: -42

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:35:48 PM

What's stopping MN payment enforcement right now? Hasn't the new code been launched to orphan no compliant blocks? I know I read something awhile back that's said it would go into effect last Monday or did I missunderstand what was being said

Mo. Sep 22, 2014 + 3 weeks = Mo. Oct 13, 2014

Earlier if 90% of the network has upgraded to RC5.
Cryptosis

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:47:41 PM

Mo. Sep 22, 2014 + 3 weeks = Mo. Oct 13, 2014

Earlier if 90% of the network has upgraded to RC5.

Thanks crowning hopefully that will boost MN Ops profits, i know alot are operating at a loss
Pages: « 1 ... 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 [3141] 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: