Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:41:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 [3143] 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:49:45 PM

Do we have a darkcoin poker site? Would be nice to have one, the wider adoption would start don`t you think?

I'd be very interested in building a darkcoin only poker site. I have seen open source poker platforms out there with bitcoin integration.
With a few tweaks it could be edited for darkcoin.

Where do i sign?!
r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:52:53 PM

well mintpal's website doesn't even load anymore…. not good

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:01:32 AM

If they work on it, it's possible that the site goes offline at one point. Why panicking ?
r-ando

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:06:30 AM

If they work on it, it's possible that the site goes offline at one point. Why panicking ?

No panicking… Would you say that this is good? I'm only commenting on the situation because i have friends who are being affected….

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:08:57 AM

If they offer fiat as part of their mix, then they will be regulated by someone. If in the UK, the regulating authorities publish the names of the key people that run the business.

I wouldn't panic at this stage. Just sounds like bad planning and incompetence. That's more of an issue long-term.
Kai Proctor

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:13:11 AM

No panicking… Would you say that this is good? If not then i'm commenting on the truth…. Although I doubt people care about these distinctions at this point and right now...

It's nor good or bad at this point, it's normal. However, if moolah.io goes offline too that's another story ...  Wink

r-ando

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:19:04 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 12:40:04 AM by r-ando

No panicking… Would you say that this is good? If not then i'm commenting on the truth…. Although I doubt people care about these distinctions at this point and right now...

It's nor good or bad at this point, it's normal. However, if moolah.io goes offline too that's another story ...  Wink

Sure… it isn't bad that the main Dark exchange has been offline for consecutive days… wow…. come on…. How can you even say that when you know that members of the community have DRK on the exchange and that they can't access their funds, their money? You can say it will probably work itself out, but neither good nor bad? That's about the extent of my lost time for tonight sorry…. I sincerely hope if you have funds on there that everything works out for the best, with all due respect good night

Kai Proctor

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:24:25 AM

Sure… it isn't bad that the main Dark exchange has been offline for consecutive days… wow…. come on…. How can you even say that when you know that members of the community have DRK on the exchange and that they can't access their funds, their money? You can say it will probably work itself out, but neither good nor bad? That's about the extent of my lost time for tonight sorry….

People new to Darkcoin can buy some @ cryptsy. As for those who keep their DRK (or any coin) on an exchange ... What can I say ? Never do that.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:28:01 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 12:38:27 AM by defunctec

Moohla's v2 plan reads just like a shitcoin ANN - "We are going to all this amazing stuff, in a weekend, with no bugs!"

OK.

I made a machine and took over the world - in one weekend :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzhGjy_4sH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SnUObMd0o

Cheesy

Edit: Help these dudes out please

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2iasmt/monero_vs_darkcoin_anonymity/
r-ando

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:34:17 AM

Sure… it isn't bad that the main Dark exchange has been offline for consecutive days… wow…. come on…. How can you even say that when you know that members of the community have DRK on the exchange and that they can't access their funds, their money? You can say it will probably work itself out, but neither good nor bad? That's about the extent of my lost time for tonight sorry….

People new to Darkcoin can buy some @ cryptsy. As for those who keep their DRK (or any coin) on an exchange ... What can I say ? Never do that.

I agree. Keeping DRK on exchanges is potentially disastrous, I can't wait until InstantX.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:39:28 AM

Do we have a darkcoin poker site? Would be nice to have one, the wider adoption would start don`t you think?

I'd be very interested in building a darkcoin only poker site. I have seen open source poker platforms out there with bitcoin integration.

Where do i sign?!

Like this: https://github.com/hippich/Bitcoin-Poker-Room  ?

Looks like it might use the standard bitcoin daemon, in which case a simple find and replace bitcoind/darkcoind and you're nearly there, but there's also a bunch of java backend voodoo here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/call-for-devs-software-adoption.2195/ - flare has a working Electrum-DRK so I assume that's all good to go too. I know nothing about js though.

I am terrible at poker but would love to play for DRK.

Lot of legal crap to consider though?
r-ando

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:42:22 AM

Where do i sign?!

Looks like it might use the standard bitcoin daemon, in which case a simple find and replace bitcoind/darkcoind and you're nearly there, but there's a bunch of java backend voodoo here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/call-for-devs-software-adoption.2195/ - flare has a working Electrum-DRK so I assume that's all good to go too.

Lots, but potentially very rewarding for those who decide to do it as long as they do it right. I just don't recommend playing against our very own poker master  Smiley

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:45:48 AM

Where do i sign?!

Looks like it might use the standard bitcoin daemon, in which case a simple find and replace bitcoind/darkcoind and you're nearly there, but there's a bunch of java backend voodoo here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/call-for-devs-software-adoption.2195/ - flare has a working Electrum-DRK so I assume that's all good to go too.

Lots, but potentially very rewarding for those who decide to do it as long as they do it right. I just don't recommend playing against our very own poker master  Smiley

I could play against my dog and still lose.  Grin
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:50:51 AM

Only if it wasn't way more easier to understand, accept and support this advice than actually comply with it. Smiley

Today it took ~90 minutes for me to deposit some BTC on Cryptsy (they require 4 comfirmations which shouldn't take more than 50 at max [40 nominal] minutes but I had to wait several blocks before somebody included my transaction in a block).
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:52:55 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 01:17:21 AM by defunctec

Where do i sign?!

Looks like it might use the standard bitcoin daemon, in which case a simple find and replace bitcoind/darkcoind and you're nearly there, but there's also a bunch of java backend voodoo here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/call-for-devs-software-adoption.2195/ - flare has a working Electrum-DRK so I assume that's all good to go too. I know nothing about js though.

I'm not 100% sure, In the UK online poker is totally legal. Stakes are unlimited.
If you pay the correct taxes and provide a way for customers to seek recourse, why not? Coins101 could prob help with this one.

I remember reading on here that some 'big' holder of dark was a pro poker player? Maybe an already established site will implement drk, but the idea of anonymous poker is definitely worth looking into.

Edit 1: Some info.

Remote general betting (limited)

This licence allows you to provide facilities for betting only by means of a telephone or by email (in circumstances where bets taken are manually processed by the licence holder) up to a maximum annual gross gambling yield of £550,000. If bets are automatically processed by gambling software, or where any other means of remote communication is used to provide facilities for betting, or if your annual gross gambling yield exceeds £550,000, a remote general betting (standard) operating licence will be required  though you may not necessarily have remote gambling equipment based in Great Britain.

From 1 November 2014, if you are providing facilities for remote gambling, or advertising to consumers in Britain, you will need a licence from the Gambling Commission.

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/gambling_sectors/betting/getting_a_licence_what_you_ne/do_i_need_a_licence/what_operating_licences_do_i_n.aspx#Generalbettingstandard

Edit 2 : Remote general betting (standard) (remote platform) operating licence £1,594
bertlebbert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:44:21 AM

Only if it wasn't way more easier to understand, accept and support this advice than actually comply with it. Smiley

Today it took ~90 minutes for me to deposit some BTC on Cryptsy (they require 4 comfirmations which shouldn't take more than 50 at max [40 nominal] minutes but I had to wait several blocks before somebody included my transaction in a block).

Bitfinex is a good exchange... their order book has been kinda thin, but that has been improving.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:48:58 AM

Soooo...when do we start assuming MintPal, or someone else, has lost or stolen all DRK held at MintPal and so we start driving DRK price up because there are a million fewer DRK all a sudden?

You mean: "When do we start to fear that somebody is about to dump huge amounts of several altcoins on other exchanges for BTC (and/or fiat directly in case of LTC and DRK) and continue to dump BTC for fiat?"
Well, I officially did (start to worry, not to believe that it is happening already, just worry...).
But I had a bad feeling about BTC prices and mintpal before it all started (I withdrawn everything from mintpal and Kraken, so I won't loose or panic-sell the coins).

If they dump drk down below $0.01, I will sell what I can to buy as many as possible.  Here's hoping.

If Mintpal has lost the lot. Well shit happens. Someone needs to go to jail.

If it's just incompetence. They will die as an exchange.

Cheap BTC means cheap DRK, at least for now. I'm on a buying spree currently - dark (or at least grey) markets are the future, and BTC is busted in that department. And CN clones are just, well, completely shit for real world use. Their bloatchains grow faster than you can download them, and that's with nothing but traders. Forget widespread adoption, ever.

Which leaves DRK. Smiley

+1

Accumulating as well, for once my Fiat to BTC conversion has been timed well.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:53:58 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 09:27:21 AM by toknormal

DRK doesn't so much need promotion itself, as the other coins need to be exposed for what they are. Once that is done, DRK simply stands out as the obvious choice.

This.

Evan - if you are reading thing this and aren't already suss't please do not EVER hand over more than the  current 20% mining revenue to anyone other than genuine miners.

I say this as a trader and have had plenty of run ins with miners about the power of markets - but someone has to own and champion a currency. Not only that, the only people that actually understand sh*t about how a currency i is brought into being is miners.

I say again. This currency is dead if it doesn't belong to the people who mined it. Those that buy 1000 DRK for a masternode are mere speculators. They do statistics. (I am one of them). Don't let DRK fall from the hands of it's creators and those who have given i real value.

And if it turns out not to (be owned by it's creators), I  - as a trader - will dump it.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:54:40 AM

The new Masternode Payment logic is working much nicer, I'm seeing a lot less variance between my nodes.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:21:23 AM

Evan - if you are reading thing this and aren't already suss't please do not EVER hand over more than the  current 20% mining revenue to anyone other than genuine miners.

That ship has sailed. We need more Masternodes, it needs to be economically viable to run them.

I say this as a trader and have had plenty of run ins with miners about the power of markets - but someone has to own and champion a currency. Not only that, the only people that actually understand sh*t about how a currency i is brought into being is miners.

If you think most miners have any understanding of the value of DRK, you should go talk to the majority of them who sell it for fiat/BTC as soon as they've mined it. Are buyers of DRK to be dismissed because they choose to buy it and use it instead of mine it?

I say again. This currency is dead if it doesn't belong to the people who mined it. Those that buy 1000 DRK for a masternode are mere speculators. They do statistics. (I am one of them). Don't let DRK fall from the hands of it's creators and those who have given i real value.

Are all miners then to keep all the DRK they ever mine? Good luck with that. Are Nike or Dell dead because they don't still own all the shoes and computers they ever made? It's a currency, it's supposed to change hands.

And if it turns out not to (be owned by it's creaors), I  - as a trader - will dump it.

You are making no sense whatsoever.
Pages: « 1 ... 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 [3143] 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: