Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:24:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 [3262] 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 3291 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:02:38 PM

can someone please show a way updating my wallet to the latest...i mean i just need to replace the wallet.dat file??or is more complecated??and i want also to setup 12 masternodes !! can this be done by me on windows just following the guides or i do need help?

on windows on the search bar type in:

%appdata%

A folder will pop up. Go to Roaming and then Darkcoin.

Inside the darkcoin folder, you'll see a "wallet.dat" file.

Rename it to "wallet.dat.old" and then start the new QT. This will generate a new wallet. Copy the first address to a notepad and close the wallet.

Back in the Darkcoin folder, rename the "wallet.dat" file to wallet.dat.new and rename the "wallet.dat.old" to "wallet.dat"

Open QT again. Send your entire balance to the new address and let it get one confirmation. After that, close QT, rename "wallet.dat" to "wallet.dat.old" and "wallet.dat.new" to "wallet.dat".

Open QT again. Now your entire balance should be in the new wallet format.

If you have trouble with this, I don't recommend you trying to run your own Masternode.

Why not simply run new wallet over old?
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:05:59 PM

can someone please show a way updating my wallet to the latest...i mean i just need to replace the wallet.dat file??or is more complecated??and i want also to setup 12 masternodes !! can this be done by me on windows just following the guides or i do need help?

%appdata%

Rename it to "wallet.dat.old" and then start the new QT. This will generate a new wallet. Copy the first address to a notepad and close the wallet.

Back in the Darkcoin folder, rename the "wallet.dat" file to wallet.dat.new and rename the "wallet.dat.old" to "wallet.dat"

Open QT again. Send your entire balance to the new address and let it get one confirmation. After that, close QT, rename "wallet.dat" to "wallet.dat.old" and "wallet.dat.new" to "wallet.dat".

If you have trouble with this, I don't recommend you trying to run your own Masternode.

Because the keypool size changed from 100 to 1000.
AzzAz
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:16:31 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Aha, TKS!
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Aha, TKS!
[/quote]

So you have two options:

1. Send your funds to a newly generated wallet.dat file
2. If you are partial to the address, dump your private key and then import into a newly generated wallet.dat file
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:21:04 PM

I'd just like to interject with a public service message.

I just deleted a wallet.dat containing over 10,000 DRK.

Even though I knew that I had redundant secure backups the last five minutes has been awful.

BACK EVERYTHING UP ALL THE TIME!  Shocked
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:22:39 PM

The DarkcoinTalk Pool has been updated for the new daemon and payment system. Currently there are 37 Masternodes on the network. If you are mining or are a MN operator, you'll want to mine on a pool that has been updated to the latest version.

You'd be hard pressed to find a pool that updates as frequently and quickly as the DarkcoinTalk pool.

Support is also top notch too!  Grin
AzzAz
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:26:40 PM

%appdata%

Great. I did it and... when I first opened new QT there was 1 adress.  I did all as said, copied that to notepad and closed wallet. changed wallet.dat as said, and at the end when opened new wallet again: nothing. ! And adress at receive is not the same now?? Help?
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:27:10 PM

option 5. Friend of the family wants some DRK  Smiley
I knew it! Smiley Evan has all his family IN so you can assume long live dark Wink
I`m ALL IN TOO EVAN, FOLLOW YOU! Smiley

We need some more friends like Bill Gates, Eric Schmidt, ... Smiley

hehe Smiley you never know Wink

POOL FRIENDLY REMINDER - STATUS ON
darkcointalkorg updated
xpool updated

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:28:50 PM

Even though I knew that I had redundant secure backups the last five minutes has been awful.

BACK EVERYTHING UP ALL THE TIME!  Shocked
Run 10 masternodes. That way you'll only lose 1000 at a time. Smiley
I hope your backups are OK.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:28:52 PM

Yes! BACKUP! It's very very important to have several copies your wallet.dat, always on different medias.

I am never confortable unless I dump my private keys and put them on paper wallets (always being careful with eventual change adresses)
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:29:45 PM

%appdata%

Great. I did it and... when I first opened new QT there was 1 adress.  I did all as said, copied that to notepad and closed wallet. changed wallet.dat as said, and at the end when opened new wallet again: nothing. ! And adress at receive is not the same now?? Help?

Did you send your funds to the new address you copied from the new wallet? That's what you need to do in the old wallet. If you are partial to the receiving address of the old wallet, you need to go to the console and dump the private key, then import it into the new wallet.
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:29:53 PM

%appdata%

Right now, before making any changes. Create a duplicate back up of ALL wallet.dat files. Inlcuding any .old or .new.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:31:03 PM

Yes! BACKUP! It's very very important to have several copies your wallet.dat, always on different medias.

I am never confortable unless I dump my private keys and put them on paper wallets (always being careful with eventual change adresses)
BRAVO BRAVISSIMO!!!!

I do the same, before puting it on usb or some memorystick I dumpprivkey first! - my early days with bitcoinqt wallet was hmmmm quite expensive when I did format of my harddisk and could restore with some tools my wallet.dat... lessons are expensive but once you learn them you will never do the same mistake anymore. (only ppl who camo call them idiots do the same mistakes one time after another)

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
innergy

Activity: 685

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:31:32 PM

Nice wallpaper.. looking for higher resolution..  Wink
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:33:27 PM

%appdata%

If you download teamviewer, I'll fix it for you. http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows.aspx
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:33:30 PM

Hi,

sorry if this has been addressed already but I was trying to download a drk wallet from darkcoin.io but when I press on the windows (32-bit) option is says the page is not found? tried it an several computers in my house but all the same. Is this a problem on my side?

thanks
AzzAz
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:39:12 PM

%appdata%

Did you send your funds to the new address you copied from the new wallet? That's what you need to do in the old wallet. If you are partial to the receiving address of the old wallet, you need to go to the console and dump the private key, then import it into the new wallet.

I dont know how to dump privkey. I see I just sent All from old wallet to one adress and my new QT has some new adress woth zero funds. Where is that privkey, is it wallet.bak ( new file in darkcoin folder? 
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:43:28 PM

%appdata%

I dont know how to dump privkey. I see I just sent All from old wallet to one adress and my new QT has some new adress woth zero funds. Where is that privkey, is it wallet.bak ( new file in darkcoin folder? 

It sounds like you've now created three wallets. Do not delete anything! I'm not using Windows but I believe if you should open control panel, go to folder options and enable "show file extensions".

After that you should see the .dat, .dat.old, .dat.new modifiers.

Once again though, if you download teamviewer, I'll fix it for you.
AzzAz
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:46:04 PM

[/quote]

It sounds like you've now created three wallets. Do not delete anything! I'm not using Windows but I believe if you should open control panel, go to folder options and enable "show file extensions".

After that you should see the .dat, .dat.old, .dat.new modifiers.

Once again though, if you download teamviewer, I'll fix it for you.
[/quote]

Of course I did not delete anything. I followed  word by word . now will dowload TV
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:50:17 PM

Of course I did not delete anything. I followed  word by word . now will dowload TV

Ok send me a message when you're ready.
Pages: « 1 ... 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 [3262] 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 3291 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: