Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:01:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3547 3548 3549 3550 3551 3552 3553 3554 3555 3556 3557 3558 3559 3560 3561 3562 3563 3564 3565 3566 3567 3568 3569 3570 3571 3572 3573 3574 3575 3576 3577 3578 3579 3580 3581 3582 3583 3584 3585 3586 3587 3588 3589 3590 3591 3592 3593 3594 3595 3596 [3597] 3598 3599 3600 3601 3602 3603 3604 3605 3606 3607 3608 3609 3610 3611 3612 3613 3614 3615 3616 3617 3618 3619 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:40:34 AM

I just hope he doesn't manage to create as much of a FUDstorm here as he did around XMR. Peace.

DRK is based on Bitcoin which is a whole different game than finding fundamental issues on cryptonote.

The coin as a coin will never have an issue unless Bitcoin's code is found to be problematic. The anonymity "module" can have bugs or holes, but these are fixable - and such issues have been found and patched in the past (and more can be in the future). DRK is new and that's to be expected. So, from my perspective, there is nothing worrying here. If there was anything really serious (like in the BTC code), the entire BTC ecosystem would go down.

The instantx module might present new weaknesses, allowing new vectors of attack, but that too can't compromise the btc-code that runs the coin at a core level.

Anonymity is a serious business. Any bugs or holes need to be found, fixed and the technology be given the general nod for DRK to be taken seriously.

Indeed, I've noticed just in the last week or so, a lot of news articles on the lack of transparency with BTC Addresses.  The winds of investment are blowing towards the anonymity camps again, now more than ever we need to be rock solid and give Evan + team every ounce of support we can.

All hands on deck, get over to DarkcoinTalk and help with testing in any way you can!

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:41:47 AM

Over/under how long till CoinHumper appears with a raging boner?

I feel like I'm in the wrong thread lately. Who's CoinHumper illodin?

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:48:04 AM

BCX comes here in curious mood because he got several PMs (and not because he had an agreement to find exploits DRK)

BCX says he has a deal with XMR.

XMR devs says no.

BCX says he has a deal with Risto.

Risto says no.

BCX's credibility seems rather low right now...

...and GOOOOOOL Cheesy

To me it was obvious those 15 PMs were from Shojayxt and the contract was most likely steam credit  Roll Eyes

Little children with mental issues, they have no business being here...

My ignore list is not quite as impressive as some, but it's getting longer every day.
I remember cancerebolaxyz was talking about that he will try to find someone and pay him for this kind of job.
Good. Pay him, so we at the end of it can have a perfect eCash

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:20:21 AM

I'd like to officially state, for and on behalf to the Monero core team, that this is the biggest load of rubbish we've ever read.

We have no deal with BCX, nor have we ever had a deal with him. In fact, our many attempts at engaging him have come up empty.

Yes Flufferboy you are correct, I dealt with rpietila directly which you and Smooth have said many times is not part of the dev team. So in a way, you're correct.

I also have no agreements or financial dealings with BCX.

Nothing I can prove here in this forum.

Off this site, you have indeed and I will keep my end of the bargain concerning XMR.

As far as DRK, I am only going to find the holes, how to do it and provide them to rpietila.

Whatever he does with them, is on him.

~BCX~

Great!

Any help is welcome, even yours!

Go! Do your best, and if you are really able to find any point of failure, you'll be helping Darkcoin grow better and stronger!

Little by little, exploit by exploit, harm by harm Darkcoin will become the perfect e-cash.

"To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities - I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not - that one endures."

I Love DRK and I want to see Darkcoin always stronger.
leen93

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:33:01 AM

Bought my first 1000 DRK  Cool
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:36:26 AM

Bla Bla Bla Bullshit ....>>>

PLEASE do NOT quote the Trolls !

Helping us ..... bla bla blaaaaa bullshit ....>>
come on, do not fall for this !
He pulled the same stunt on the other community back in the day and created a total mess over there.

Can we please move on and IGNORE that guy !

Tx
 Cool
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:36:54 AM

Bought my first 1000 DRK  Cool

good on you !
Welcome !

Grin
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:40:51 AM

I just hope he doesn't manage to create as much of a FUDstorm here as he did around XMR. Peace.

DRK is based on Bitcoin which is a whole different game than finding fundamental issues on cryptonote.

The coin as a coin will never have an issue unless Bitcoin's code is found to be problematic. The anonymity "module" can have bugs or holes, but these are fixable - and such issues have been found and patched in the past (and more can be in the future). DRK is new and that's to be expected. So, from my perspective, there is nothing worrying here. If there was anything really serious (like in the BTC code), the entire BTC ecosystem would go down.

The instantx module might present new weaknesses, allowing new vectors of attack, but that too can't compromise the btc-code that runs the coin at a core level.

Anonymity is a serious business. Any bugs or holes need to be found, fixed and the technology be given the general nod for DRK to be taken seriously.

The process of hardening the code to possible vectors will probably be a long-drawn process. However that won't be a blocker for adoption for 90-95%+ of the cases.

Per my analysis concerning anonymity adoption, the two largest target markets for anonymity are

- those who know that their Bitcoin expenses can be tracked but do not desire to be tracked in this way by third parties (DRK is adequate for this - perhaps except very significant adversaries like the NSA)

- those who have an issue of using Bitcoin in their country because their country is actively enforcing a Bitcoin ban by monitoring traffic from the network and data from the blockchain (it might be a future issue - especially in countries where local fiat that is devaluated fast is dumped in favor of crypto for wealth preservation purposes). The vast majority of such countries do not have NSA-level capabilities, thus they wouldn't be able to initiate a crackdown on DRK users. But it would require a method of effectively obfuscating IP traffic of the users so that the government of a country cannot see that its citizens are transacting with Darkcoin. It shouldn't be observable (for a government) even as a pattern of network communication. Remember: What was transacted (DarkSend mixing) is irrelevant if the government can see that you are even using a cryptocurrency when you weren't supposed to (due to the ban).
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:42:01 AM

A. Antonopoulos mentions DRK ….>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NfNwjJfrOg&t=48m18s

+ this is a great show,
like always A.A. is amazing ....>

Grin Cool Grin

ignite, you saw that live ?

LMAO, that was awesome.

I have to admit, when I heard that, I almost burst with pride.

Yes it was an awesome evening and he's one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet.

hahaaa
i imagined you (as the only one in the crowed)
jumping up and screaming " Yes Yes Yes mate, you got it,... YESSSSS"
 Grin Grin Grin
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:52:27 AM

A. Antonopoulos mentions DRK ….>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NfNwjJfrOg&t=48m18s

+ this is a great show,
like always A.A. is amazing ....>

Grin Cool Grin

ignite, you saw that live ?

LMAO, that was awesome.

I have to admit, when I heard that, I almost burst with pride.

Yes it was an awesome evening and he's one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet.

hahaaa
i imagined you (as the only one in the crowed)
jumping up and screaming " Yes Yes Yes mate, you got it,... YESSSSS"
 Grin Grin Grin

Tungfa, it was like pouring oil over my soul...  Wink

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:04:51 AM

The argument for DRK being a scam is the instamine argument. Because the formula that specifies the block reward is a function of the difficulty (the higher the diff, the lower the reward), and the difficulty being low in the beginning, a large amount of coins were mined within the first day or two before the difficulty caught up with the hashrate. It was an unfortunate incident as the instamine accusations have been following DRK since then.

The developer (eduffield) even suggested and started a poll whether an "airdrop" should be issued that would disperse 2 million coins to everyone in order to dilute the effect of the first days' mining. This imo shows that the instamine was not intentional by the devs. The community didn't think such an airdrop would make any sense as the instamined coins were already long gone and distributed in the first months when the coin's value was very low. Can't say everyone who mined in the beginning sold though, as there were a lot of people mining. The airdrop idea was then soon abandoned.

And funny enough, no one gave a shit about any instamine when the value was low, everyone could've bought a large amount very cheap. The crying started only after the price started to rise and people thought they missed the train.

Here is a post about The Birth of Darkcoin by the dev.
It was January 18, 2014 and I had everything ready or so I thought. I announced the launch of Darkcoin (XCoin at the time) on BitcoinTalk. We launched later and immediately got stuck on block 42, I was new to the Bitcoin codebase and wasn’t sure what I missed so I announced we’d relaunch later.

When we relaunched we had a rush of miners join causing a huge spike of coin production without it being able to adjust the difficulty quick enough, we just ended up spilling out coins. Retargeting happened every 576 blocks and could only increase the difficulty by four times, so it took about six retargets to get to a difficulty that was near 2.5 minutes per block.

Later on, after the difficulty evened out we realized that there was a serious problem with the block reward calculation. You can see people discussing the problems here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.120

I soon fixed this issue at block 4500, but none of us realized the amount of coins that had been issued at the time. At that point we didn’t even have a block explorer yet.

BUMP~!
Comparing the release circumstance of Darkcoin & Bitcoin. When Bitcoin released, nearly no one knows it but when Darkcoin released, crypto-world had been showed to the public about one years.
Bitcoin has about TWO years "instamine" before known by the public. During these period, most of the coin (about 40%+ of the total supply) had been mined by only few people. But Darkcoin, till now, just mined less than 30% of the total supply.
So, which one is the REAL INSTAMINE coin.

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:33:14 AM

He pulled the same stunt on the other community back in the day and created a total mess over there.

Tx
 Cool

Smiley

Well, i don't know if that guy is a fraud or not. The only thing I know feel is that anyone willing to help test/debug DRK (now, it's the perfect opportunity for it) is welcome IMHO.

(sorry for any bullshit from my part anyway Wink)

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:57:55 AM

Tx
 Cool

Smiley

Well, i don't know if that guy is a fraud or not. The only thing I know feel is that anyone willing to help test/debug DRK (now, it's the perfect opportunity for it) is welcome IMHO.

(sorry for any bullshit from my part anyway Wink)

Dude ....
do NOT fall for it ! come on.
I you were that good (uuhhh) and powerful (uhhhh) and savvy on coding (uhhhhh)
would you have this discussion here on BCT !?!?!
Ja right
Fuxxing troll fest, that is all it is ..... >>>
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:13:27 AM

Cryptymoneyexpo 5/6 Dec , reserve your ticket now ....>>

Reserve your place at the event (free). event will be held on 5/6-DEC 2014 11:00AM EST

http://www.cryptomoneyexpo.com/expos/inv2/register.php

do NOT miss it, should be fun ....>
raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:23:41 AM

The argument for DRK being a scam is the instamine argument. Because the formula that specifies the block reward is a function of the difficulty (the higher the diff, the lower the reward), and the difficulty being low in the beginning, a large amount of coins were mined within the first day or two before the difficulty caught up with the hashrate. It was an unfortunate incident as the instamine accusations have been following DRK since then.

The developer (eduffield) even suggested and started a poll whether an "airdrop" should be issued that would disperse 2 million coins to everyone in order to dilute the effect of the first days' mining. This imo shows that the instamine was not intentional by the devs. The community didn't think such an airdrop would make any sense as the instamined coins were already long gone and distributed in the first months when the coin's value was very low. Can't say everyone who mined in the beginning sold though, as there were a lot of people mining. The airdrop idea was then soon abandoned.

And funny enough, no one gave a shit about any instamine when the value was low, everyone could've bought a large amount very cheap. The crying started only after the price started to rise and people thought they missed the train.

Here is a post about The Birth of Darkcoin by the dev.
It was January 18, 2014 and I had everything ready or so I thought. I announced the launch of Darkcoin (XCoin at the time) on BitcoinTalk. We launched later and immediately got stuck on block 42, I was new to the Bitcoin codebase and wasn’t sure what I missed so I announced we’d relaunch later.

When we relaunched we had a rush of miners join causing a huge spike of coin production without it being able to adjust the difficulty quick enough, we just ended up spilling out coins. Retargeting happened every 576 blocks and could only increase the difficulty by four times, so it took about six retargets to get to a difficulty that was near 2.5 minutes per block.

Later on, after the difficulty evened out we realized that there was a serious problem with the block reward calculation. You can see people discussing the problems here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.120

I soon fixed this issue at block 4500, but none of us realized the amount of coins that had been issued at the time. At that point we didn’t even have a block explorer yet.

BUMP~!
Bitcoin has about TWO years "instamine" before known by the public.

~snip~
Don't be angry like a fired ant when people point out the truth that you are trying your best to cover.

Btw, if you quote some people's post, try you best to keep it integrity. That may help you understand what's people's point and don't edit it to mis-understand others.  Wink
BUMP~!
Comparing the release circumstance of Darkcoin & Bitcoin. When Bitcoin released, nearly no one knows it but when Darkcoin released, crypto-world had been showed to the public about one years.
Bitcoin has about TWO years "instamine" before known by the public. During these period, most of the coin (about 40%+ of the total supply) had been mined by only few people. But Darkcoin, till now, just mined less than 30% of the total supply.
So, which one is the REAL INSTAMINE coin.

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:31:18 AM

Darkcoin TV Stat's .....>

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkcoinTV

72 subscribers   1,476 views

not bad , but i know we can do better !
Keep coming, subscribe, and klick klick klick .....>
Tx
 Grin Cool Grin
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:31:44 AM

not bad (as we started this 6 days ago) , but i know we can do better !
Tx
 Grin Cool Grin
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:38:49 AM

Tx
 Grin Cool Grin

Philip Dartnell comment:

"I have been following this crypto-currency for some time. This guy, Evan Duffield, the main developer and brains behind the whole thing, truly is a genius type of fellow. But more than that he's extremely responsive to the Darkcoin community, reads all the postings on the Bitcointalk ANN forum for DRK (and on Darkcointalk too) and churns through an enormous amount of work to make this probably one of the most revolutionary financial products of our time. Slick marketing and super flash presentations are very much missing at this stage. What you have here is just a man with a vision telling us simply what it is and why you should use it. I have a feeling it's going to go on to become something very substantial over the longer term."
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:43:47 AM

Tx
 Grin Cool Grin

Philip Dartnell comment:

"I have been following this crypto-currency for some time. This guy, Evan Duffield, the main developer and brains behind the whole thing, truly is a genius type of fellow. But more than that he's extremely responsive to the Darkcoin community, reads all the postings on the Bitcointalk ANN forum for DRK (and on Darkcointalk too) and churns through an enormous amount of work to make this probably one of the most revolutionary financial products of our time. Slick marketing and super flash presentations are very much missing at this stage. What you have here is just a man with a vision telling us simply what it is and why you should use it. I have a feeling it's going to go on to become something very substantial over the longer term."

Philip Dartnell is a great guy. i do not know him personal but he is very active on FB and all the public Social Media Pages !
always good and intelligent things to say !
Tx Phil in case you are watching !
(I am watching youuu .....  Grin)
yeXIABC

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:37:21 AM

One explained them to me. I have been mining
Pages: « 1 ... 3547 3548 3549 3550 3551 3552 3553 3554 3555 3556 3557 3558 3559 3560 3561 3562 3563 3564 3565 3566 3567 3568 3569 3570 3571 3572 3573 3574 3575 3576 3577 3578 3579 3580 3581 3582 3583 3584 3585 3586 3587 3588 3589 3590 3591 3592 3593 3594 3595 3596 [3597] 3598 3599 3600 3601 3602 3603 3604 3605 3606 3607 3608 3609 3610 3611 3612 3613 3614 3615 3616 3617 3618 3619 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: