Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIGHTNINGASIC LA100M,100MHS SCRYPT Miner, USD1999; LA1THS, USD1750.shipped out!  (Read 309023 times)
chMiner

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:10:02 PM

I wonder what people think of the following I dragged from a vertocoin thread:

"[–]D4wn0ff473 7 points 4 days ago*

First of all these asics are jokes. The hash power for both btc and ltc is not worth the price. The only thing that makes them worth the price is the 7w of power usage for 300Kh/s on solo scrypt ventures, but the 8gh/s for btc mining at 100w is not going to make a dent in the current pedohash network power. Even going after other 256 coins on the btc side would not be worth it because most of those networks are already drowning in asics and fpgas. Even if you had a a couple hundred of them you would still not be making a decent enough dent to have roi ever especially with the current price.

But alpha technologies has 5mh/s and 25mh/s scrypt asics that will be shipping in a few months. Not to mention that sluicebit has 2 and 4 mh/s scrypt fpga's that will be shipping soon. The game will soon be over for scrypt coins with no differential built in like vert does. But I really feel bad for the people who wasted and will waste their money on these asics. The company obviously saw the train coming of the larger asics and fpgas so they sped up dev to get these out as fast as possible. They will be outdated and worhtless in a few months and the owners will never have a chance to make the majority of their money back
."

Discuss.

That will be shipping in a few months. That's the problem and Alpha-Technology looks for me scammy.

I hate pre-orders!  Grin

I will use the LA6M to mining scrypt-coins and trade it. I have no interest in Bitcoin-mining, this is a business for big-players/manufactures, where have the money to invest, make a lot of coins and sell the used hardware.
Ok, maybe I mining any other SHA256-Coins, but not bitcoin. Freicon is actually really good to make profit!
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:10:37 PM

First of all these asics are jokes. The hash power for both btc and ltc is not worth the price. The only thing that makes them worth the price is the 7w of power usage for 300Kh/s on solo scrypt ventures, but the 8gh/s for btc mining at 100w is not going to make a dent in the current pedohash network power. Even going after other 256 coins on the btc side would not be worth it because most of those networks are already drowning in asics and fpgas. Even if you had a a couple hundred of them you would still not be making a decent enough dent to have roi ever especially with the current price.

But alpha technologies has 5mh/s and 25mh/s scrypt asics that will be shipping in a few months. Not to mention that sluicebit has 2 and 4 mh/s scrypt fpga's that will be shipping soon. The game will soon be over for scrypt coins with no differential built in like vert does. But I really feel bad for the people who wasted and will waste their money on these asics. The company obviously saw the train coming of the larger asics and fpgas so they sped up dev to get these out as fast as possible. They will be outdated and worhtless in a few months and the owners will never have a chance to make the majority of their money back
."

Discuss.

who buys these miners, dont buy them for BTC, if u buy them for BTC ... u're a joke Smiley
there is nothing to discuss, no one is forcing you to buy
MZD

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:19:02 PM

."

Discuss.

That will be shipping in a few months. That's the problem and Alpha-Technology looks for me scammy.

I hate pre-orders!  Grin

I will use the LA6M to mining scrypt-coins and trade it. I have no interest in Bitcoin-mining, this is a business for big-players/manufactures, where have the money to invest, make a lot of coins and sell the used hardware.
Ok, maybe I mining any other SHA256-Coins, but not bitcoin. Freicon is actually really good to make profit!

I honestly don't understand the people who shout doom and gloom. Because they do it no matter what. In good times, "bad" times, stable times, volatile times, it does matter. And yet, during ALL of those times people have been very successful.  Roll Eyes
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:38:38 PM

."

Discuss.

By the time "in a few months?" these imaginatory products will come out I will have my LA3M already ROId and probably the new LA3M  v.03 in hand!
The race is on and it looks like lightningasic is ahead.Which horse would you bet on ?
dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:44:21 PM

."

Discuss.

who buys these miners, dont buy them for BTC, if u buy them for BTC ... u're a joke Smiley
there is nothing to discuss, no one is forcing you to buy

Hi Rammy:

I have an order in for a LA3M and looking forward to it. And yes, I plan on mining scrypt, not BTC. (Duh?)

I posted this more to see what people were thinking about this guy's perspective; the thoughts from that thread are not my own--that's why they appear in quotations.

Undecided

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
Xell

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:51:11 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 07:55:46 PM by Xell

."

Discuss.

The problem is people read this thread, but not other threads like https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=15133.0 (so low readcount: why hasn't everyone considering buying this googled 'gridseed issues' recently?) which point to Chinese websites advertising additional technology needed to keep these ASICs from running at low hash. The truth is that while these ASICs exist, no-one has tested them out with the promised 'new firmware' that I can see, and so far as I can gather the current product is largely unfinished - and won't give an average hash over time of anything like that advertised. If you just developed new hardware, you'd know its capabilities. Why ship it with firmware you knew to be so under-spec? This is my reason for not considering these ASIC. Not only that, but the set-up seems ideal for these to turn out below-expectation or have a short shelf-life, and the original company can easily disappear. I'm not making an accusation, only that there's always a risk that will happen and in my view this set-up (no accountability besides a forum handle & a young Chinese website) is too risky for me. If it were a local company in a country where I had trust in the legal system regarding financial foul play then I would think differently. But here, these guys can vanish and reappear in a couple of months with another product unrecognisable from lightningasic.

Of course, the ultimate bottom line is that time will tell. In a week, more people will have their product in hand, and then we'll all know who made the right call. In a month or two, we'll see how many are still operating and how well they're supported, and I'm more than happy for this to work out well - I think in hindsight I will always agree that this looked too risky for me - even if it turns out to be kosher.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:52:41 PM

."

Discuss.

I think someone is sour. I bought my LA6M with profits off of VERTCOIN... I bought a 5400$ miner with trading profit.

Also who is mining BTC with these?!? LOL
TrollboxChamp

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:04:49 PM

."

Discuss.

The problem is people read this thread, but not other threads like https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=15133.0 which point to Chinese websites advertising additional technology needed to keep these ASICs from running at low hash. The truth is that while these ASICs exist, no-one has tested them out with the promised 'new firmware' that I can see, and so far as I can gather the current product is largely unfinished - and won't give an average hash over time of anything like that advertised. If you just developed new hardware, you'd know its capabilities. Why ship it with firmware you knew to be so under-spec? This is my reason for not considering these ASIC. Not only that, but the set-up seems ideal for these to turn out below-expectation or have a short shelf-life, and the original company can easily disappear. I'm not making an accusation, only that there's always a risk that will happen and in my view this set-up (no accountability besides a forum handle & a young Chinese website) is too risky for me. If it were a local company in a country where I had trust in the legal system regarding financial foul play then I would think differently. But here, these guys can vanish and reappear in a couple of months with another product unrecognisable from lightningasic.

Of course, the ultimate bottom line is that time will tell. In a week, more people will have their product in hand, and then we'll all know who made the right call. In a month or two, we'll see how many are still operating and how well they're supported, and I'm more than happy for this to work out well - I think in hindsight I will always agree that this looked too risky for me - even if it turns out to be kosher.

We get these items they are speaking of in the "remedy" in our kits. AKA this was thought through...
Xell

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:07:41 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 07:19:52 PM by Xell

We get these items they are speaking of in the "remedy" in our kits. AKA this was thought through...

You mean it was known before the units were sent, which is obvious - but I question why this wasn't designed to not need this 'remedy' AKA dirty hack (turning it off and on again?) before they were mass produced. TO me, that seems like fairly basic testing that hasn't been done properly, and hence why I call it an unfinished product. Also I'm very surprised at how few views a popular forum's topic 'Gridseed Issues' has gotten compared to the number of people I see buying or interested in buying. I'm not saying others are wrong, I'm just saying the stakes are too high for me & why I feel that way.

Anyway, there's not much arguing that can be done before people have got their orders. Let's hope the problem at the top of this page (bottom of last) isn't a common one (can't get it to work, all Chinese, design not as expected)

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
TrollboxChamp

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:19:10 PM

You mean it was known before the units were sent, which is obvious - but I question why this wasn't designed to not need this 'remedy' AKA dirty hack (turning it off and on again?) before they were mass produced. TO me, that seems like fairly basic testing that hasn't been done properly, and hence why I call it an unfinished product. I'm not saying others are wrong, I'm just saying the stakes are too high for me & why I feel that way.

Anyway, there's not much arguing that can be done before people have got their orders. Let's hope the problem at the top of this page (bottom of last) isn't a common one (can't get it to work, all Chinese, design not as expected)

No. I dont think there is even a problem with scrypt only with "double dig" those translations you linked are absolute shit and in no way accurate either.
Xell

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:24:43 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 07:45:51 PM by Xell

No. I dont think there is even a problem with scrypt only with "double dig" those translations you linked are absolute shit and in no way accurate either.

Luckily for me I live in Hongkong, and have about 60 Mainland Chinese in my office all capable of translating Putonghua without a problem. But regardless, these have been billed as double dig units and were manufactured to be billed as such. Post manufacture, it has been discovered that they are incapable of doing that properly. The fact you don't plan to utilise this feature doesn't stop there from being a lack of testing, and to me that could be indicative of a bigger problem a month of two down the line. But as I say, time will tell - there's no need to get aggressive.

But they CAN do this.
Yes-with a very dirty hack that was added post-production, which is my point.

I'm only trying to provide some balance, with explanation, about why this deal wasn't (and still isn't) for me. It /does/ make a (pleasant?) change from the 'where's my reply to the payment I sent 20mins ago' or the 'these are rubbish/you're just jealous' posts. I know that everyone here has considered this and on balance come up with their own view based on what they think. Everyone has different measures of risk - and for me this deal is too risky. And I've explained why, and I don't think there's much to argue over. It's not a case of who was right and who was wrong, because the odds aren't known (that is, betting £1 on heads knowing you'll get £5 profit if you're correct is the right thing to do, but betting a £1 on heads knowing you'll get 10p profit if you're right is the wrong thing to do - in each case regardless of the individual outcome) but here we don't know the odds (0.5 in the coin, presumably) so it will always be impossible to know who really made the most sensible call.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
MZD

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

bitcoin+litecoin ASIC mining machine, combo.

usb rig sha256+scrypt combo mode is stable. we tested more than 15days .
here is first beta controller:

Good enough for me.  Roll Eyes
eiliant

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:40:30 PM

Where to buy? Diginforce and Hashra are out of stock?
MZD

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:42:07 PM

Luckily for me I live in Hongkong, and have about 60 Mainland Chinese in my office all capable of translating Putonghua without a problem. But regardless, these have been billed as double dig units and were manufactured to be billed as such. Post manufacture, it has been discovered that they are incapable of doing that properly. The fact you don't plan to utilise this feature doesn't stop there from being a lack of testing, and to me that could be indicative of a bigger problem a month of two down the line. But as I say, time will tell - there's no need to get aggressive.

But they CAN do this. Whatever the hell it takes for them to do it....at the end of the day they are dual mining and I'm making a profit....
chMiner

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:54:27 PM

But they CAN do this.
Yes-with a very dirty hack that was added post-production, which is my point.

Is this a software- or hardware-hack? Do you known that?

A hack in the software is no problem for me, but a hack in the Hardware sounds not really good!
MWNinja

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 08:01:41 PM

They are using a simple relay to hard reset/restart them periodically as the "double dig" is only stable for a couple of hours max. It's a hardware "hack", but really it shouldn't matter to most everyone here as nearly everyone is going to use them in Scrypt only mode.
chMiner

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:13:55 PM

They are using a simple relay to hard reset/restart them periodically as the "double dig" is only stable for a couple of hours max. It's a hardware "hack", but really it shouldn't matter to most everyone here as nearly everyone is going to use them in Scrypt only mode.

Thanks for reply.

I think they use the watchdog-timer to set any Pin on High/Low, so the relay is short closed/open for an hard reset.

OK, when is only the dualmode affected, then it should be no bigger problem. How you say, the most People are using Scrypt only mode.

MZD

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:39:56 PM

I think we get full speed out of both in dual mode correct?  Why not run both and maximize profits. What does an automated reset lose, a minute?
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:43:53 PM

Wonder if Jack will be including the new controllers

Gazza1

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:45:12 PM

so what is the verdict on these miners?  any good?  worth it?

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: