Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:41:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIGHTNINGASIC LA100M,100MHS SCRYPT Miner, USD1999; LA1THS, USD1750.shipped out!  (Read 309006 times)
testthewhiterabbit

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:38:04 PM

I believe they use a custom version of cgminer.

That is correct.

Thanks!  Is there a guide on where/how this can be setup somewhere?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chMiner

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:47:35 PM

That is correct.

Thanks!  Is there a guide on where/how this can be setup somewhere?

First post - download Drivers and guide!

Here is the link /G27Vxr]http://[Suspicious link removed]/G27Vxr

Sorry, take the Link from the first post!

There you will find all you need.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:59:26 PM

That is correct.

Thanks!  Is there a guide on where/how this can be setup somewhere?

not yet, soon to be released
lowroller

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:42:41 PM

Hi,

So I just want to confirm a few things and if you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

To order these we send a PM with our personal info and what we want to order?

It looks like these are getting 3 Mh/s currently, but people are also under the impression that a firmware update will enable almost twice the hashing power?

Thanks.
chMiner

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:05:24 AM

Hi,

So I just want to confirm a few things and if you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

To order these we send a PM with our personal info and what we want to order?

Yes

It looks like these are getting 3 Mh/s currently, but people are also under the impression that a firmware update will enable almost twice the hashing power?
Twice, that's really much, but it would be wonderfull.  Grin  I heard from factor 1.5, but all this is speculative!
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:37:35 AM

I have a video up here with these devices and the new controller firmware.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6fFQUfOtyo

Message me if you have any problems
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:51:43 AM

These guys claim to use Gridseed chips...http://blackminer.com/asic-bitcoin-miner/black-miner-scrypt-vi-6-mhs/

Asiabtc/Jack, have you heard of them?  Is this similar to what you will be offering in future for the 6MH and 12MH versions?

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:55:16 AM

those hashing numbers look nothing like the secret pic jack sent out... wow 900mhz, how do the units feel in temperature? burning hot?
poopypants

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:01:35 AM

So since you have it already when can everyone else expect this to be released?

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
Beastlymac

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:41:13 AM

those hashing numbers look nothing like the secret pic jack sent out... wow 900mhz, how do the units feel in temperature? burning hot?

The controller hadn't been running long enough to stabilise the hashrate. No they aren't hot.

Beastlymac

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:42:12 AM

So since you have it already when can everyone else expect this to be released?

I was testing one of the beta versions. The controllers shipping now should include it.

chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:45:46 AM

The controller hadn't been running long enough to stabilise the hashrate. No they aren't hot.

so from your 5 units, what is the best kh/s with the new firmware?
Beastlymac

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:22:00 AM

So far the best is 1.9MH

poopypants

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:33:11 AM

Beastly are you able to dual mine, and is it stable now?  Also could you tell use how much power just one cell is using mining only scrypt.  I dont have a controller and I posted earlier in the thread that when connected to my PC one unit is drawing 45 watts while only mining scrypt.  Do you know if this issue has been addressed in  the update.  Also I was under the impression that the new software had to be loaded on each unit, not the controller?  Thanks in advanced for the info.

Beastlymac

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:39:41 AM

Beastly are you able to dual mine, and is it stable now?  Also could you tell use how much power just one cell is using mining only scrypt.  I dont have a controller and I posted earlier in the thread that when connected to my PC one unit is drawing 45 watts while only mining scrypt.  Do you know if this issue has been addressed in  the update.  Also I was under the impression that the new software had to be loaded on each unit, not the controller?  Thanks in advanced for the info.

You can't load new firmware on the consumer units (notice the absence of the white switch we have on the dev units) you can only update the controller firmware. The current firmware I have only used for scrypt but will try dualmining when I get home. I understand it works but didn't look into it. The current software it will work but not show you the output you need to look at your pool. The devices draw 7 watts in scrypt mode by to cpuminer on the computer doesn't have the ability to turn off the power to the sha cores that is why you are experiencing the high power usage. I don't think the controller has that issue.

dyland

Activity: 238

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:49:03 AM

So far the best is 1.9MH

So what's the magic cocktail to get to the ~450-550 range we saw from asiabtc I wonder?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
poopypants

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:53:30 AM

You can't load new firmware on the consumer units (notice the absence of the white switch we have on the dev units) you can only update the controller firmware. The current firmware I have only used for scrypt but will try dualmining when I get home. I understand it works but didn't look into it. The current software it will work but not show you the output you need to look at your pool. The devices draw 7 watts in scrypt mode by to cpuminer on the computer doesn't have the ability to turn off the power to the sha cores that is why you are experiencing the high power usage. I don't think the controller has that issue.

Well thats disappointing for me, here I was patiently waiting to upgrade my unit and find out that the upgrade is for the controller and not for the USB cell.  I hope someone can figure out how to run them with a Raspberry Pi so I dont have to go out and find the damn controller that is shipped with the 10 units.  And or hopefully there is some update for me so I can atleast use the power that I am wasting by actually dual mining.

Thanks for the reply Beastly

Beastlymac

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:45:19 AM

Well thats disappointing for me, here I was patiently waiting to upgrade my unit and find out that the upgrade is for the controller and not for the USB cell.  I hope someone can figure out how to run them with a Raspberry Pi so I dont have to go out and find the damn controller that is shipped with the 10 units.  And or hopefully there is some update for me so I can atleast use the power that I am wasting by actually dual mining.

Thanks for the reply Beastly

Using cpuminer you can just clock the freq of the device up to 750-900 manually to get a better hashrate.

quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:50:58 AM

Just to make sure I understand, the firmware that provides the 500khash rate from a single unit is for the controller, not the device itself?  So the devices that the rest of us get aren't going to be capable of any more than 300khash when connected to PC?
Beastlymac

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:53:11 AM

Just to make sure I understand, the firmware that provides the 500khash rate from a single unit is for the controller, not the device itself?  So the devices that the rest of us get aren't going to be capable of any more than 300khash when connected to PC?

Cpuminer has the option to clock at 800 the same as the controller so yes you will be able to achieve the same hashrate. I have stably clocked up to 900 on devices fine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: