Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:50:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.3 - SegWit Activated  (Read 321488 times)
sotarules

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:24:37 PM

Remember, the HODL community is intentionally trying to let the price fall so that we can "soak up" more masternodes at lower prices.  I don't know the floor that Max has in mind, he was originally saying $0.01 US, but I don't think it will ever get to that level.

I hope HODLers will follow thorough and scoop up masternodes when the price reaches something reasonable, like say $250-$300 per masternode. At that price, every HODLer should be able to afford at least one.

Compared to most "normal" investments (excluding crypto), a masternode produces good ROI.  At current price levels, a node generates about 10%-per-annum of tax-free cash.  That alone is pretty good, but consider that in addition to that 10% floor return, the investor is exposed to potential capital gains that could dwarf the income.

Investing in CHC masternodes is like buying a lottery ticket, except it has much better probability of success.

My approach is to hoard the CHC and build more nodes.  Thus far, my five masternodes have created over 80 CHC, and I've been trading a small amount to parlay yet another node (I have almost 400 CHC saved up).

All things considered, it is fun to run masternodes, even if the CHC price is low, it is addictive watching the CHC come in from nowhere.

Elsewhere in this forum, you can find discussions between guys about CHC mining, and that got my attention.  One of the posts from a guy with two 1080TI cards said he was generating more than 7 CHC per day.  So, I went to ebay and found this mining "farm":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZCash-18-000-Sol-s-Ethereum-960mh-s-24x-GTX1080TI-Cryptocurrency-Mining-Rig-Farm-/162606018625?hash=item25dc12f041:g:5McAAOSwrMlZeMC0

This thing is crazy.  The cost is $35,000, so you have to think of it like buying a car.  It has 24 1080TI cards.  If I'm doing the math right, this rig would generate 84 CHC per day but at about 8000W (that's a lot of power).  I have a 10KW solar array, so this could help mitigate that cost.  So at current prices, you're not going to quit your day job, but such a system could generate some helpful tax-free income.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jayohby

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:35:52 PM

chaincoin scam. a lot of delusional idiots in this thread.
Temporel

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:43:44 PM

it's more hilarious everyday  Smiley . Delusion and lies should be the definition of hodl.

KingLOL

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:31:54 PM

it's more hilarious everyday  Smiley . Delusion and lies should be the definition of hodl.

i will quote you bouth next week again Cheesy
amishpancake

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:35:41 PM

How in the world is this a scam? Go spread BS somewhere else....
Based Stickman

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:44:33 PM

I'm popping in to inform you all that ChainCoin is not a scam. Max Lee aka Zedomax aka Highoncoins is a scammer. He does not represent the ChainCoin HODL movement although he took the helm to begin it. He is only in this for himself. The developers of ChainCoin (CHC) are hard at work and are highly discouraged by Highoncoins BUT there are many of us that believe in the movement and CHC as an investment which is why they're happy to put in the hard work.

Once again, there is no face when it comes to CHC . We are in this as a community and will not be banning others including Highoncoins. I'd like to recommend others to NOT buy CHC at this time as every day that passes we hit lower lows and lower highs. Rest assured we will find a bottom and while the developers are hard at work there will come a time when they apply to a larger exchange.

Please be patient, HODL if you own coins, I wouldn't buy or sell at this point. Please seek an invite to the ChainCoin team Slack if you feel you have anything to offer or would like to speak to the devs.

Thank you  Smiley
CryptoXMan

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:38:04 PM

I'm popping in to inform you all that ChainCoin is not a scam. Max Lee aka Zedomax aka Highoncoins is a scammer. He does not represent the ChainCoin HODL movement although he took the helm to begin it. He is only in this for himself. The developers of ChainCoin (CHC) are hard at work and are highly discouraged by Highoncoins BUT there are many of us that believe in the movement and CHC as an investment which is why they're happy to put in the hard work.

Once again, there is no face when it comes to CHC . We are in this as a community and will not be banning others including Highoncoins. I'd like to recommend others to NOT buy CHC at this time as every day that passes we hit lower lows and lower highs. Rest assured we will find a bottom and while the developers are hard at work there will come a time when they apply to a larger exchange.

Please be patient, HODL if you own coins, I wouldn't buy or sell at this point. Please seek an invite to the ChainCoin team Slack if you feel you have anything to offer or would like to speak to the devs.

Thank you  Smiley

Think the highoncoins crowd already is moving onto Lindacoin.
sotarules

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:51:51 PM

Thank you  Smiley

Think the highoncoins crowd already is moving onto Lindacoin.
This post makes me feel a little more optimistic about CHC. The soft-sell pivot to LINDA hit me like a punch to the gut. Suffice it to say that I'm glad that the HODL movement continues, and I'll try to get on the ChainCoin Slack now. 
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:41:19 AM

Guys who know why so the price skalit.Dostigala more than 6 bucks and now below the dollar.
sotarules

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:51:09 PM

Guys who know why so the price skalit.Dostigala more than 6 bucks and now below the dollar.
Since no one has responded to this post, I'll take a shot.

At least some of this pop must have to do with Max and his YouTube channel HighOnCoins.  Max has at least 1,000 subscribers, and his program HighOnCoins focuses on trading cryptocurrencies.  Lately, Max's show has been focused on "shit-coins" namely low-cap coins that you can trade for very little.

Up until lately, Max's show has been light and fun, a cross between quirky comedy and trading advice, but never very serious.  But around the beginning of July, Max started talking a lot about masternode coins such as PIVX. Then Max did some research and found CHC, a low-cost masternode coin that had been languishing.

Max came up with the idea that his community could "adopt" CHC by a brilliant technique pump-and-HODL. He encouraged his listeners to just accumulate but never sell CHC until it reaches $100 at minimum. 

It is no exaggeration to say that Max's subscribers spearheaded a "movement" behind CHC.  The idea was to work together to get beyond the zero-sum game of pump-and-dump to a new paradigm where we communicate openly and work together. 

That movement took off, and my sense is that the price action was sparked by the CHC movement, but the spike to $6 USD was FOMO involving a much bigger group of traders.  In fact, this bigger group of traders is now a problem for CHC movement, because they "dumped" CHC (not HODL) as is their right.  So, the initial experiment with CHC didn't quite work as expected because HODL group is still too small to control the price (i.e., we don't control enough percentage of CHC yet).  We're fixing to change that, but it is going to take time, no get-rich-quick scheme.
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:02:04 PM

At least some of this pop must have to do with Max and his YouTube channel HighOnCoins.  Max has at least 1,000 subscribers, and his program HighOnCoins focuses on trading cryptocurrencies.  Lately, Max's show has been focused on "shit-coins" namely low-cap coins that you can trade for very little.

Up until lately, Max's show has been light and fun, a cross between quirky comedy and trading advice, but never very serious.  But around the beginning of July, Max started talking a lot about masternode coins such as PIVX. Then Max did some research and found CHC, a low-cost masternode coin that had been languishing.

Max came up with the idea that his community could "adopt" CHC by a brilliant technique pump-and-HODL. He encouraged his listeners to just accumulate but never sell CHC until it reaches $100 at minimum.  

It is no exaggeration to say that Max's subscribers spearheaded a "movement" behind CHC.  The idea was to work together to get beyond the zero-sum game of pump-and-dump to a new paradigm where we communicate openly and work together.  

That movement took off, and my sense is that the price action was sparked by the CHC movement, but the spike to $6 USD was FOMO involving a much bigger group of traders.  In fact, this bigger group of traders is now a problem for CHC movement, because they "dumped" CHC (not HODL) as is their right.  So, the initial experiment with CHC didn't quite work as expected because HODL group is still too small to control the price (i.e., we don't control enough percentage of CHC yet).  We're fixing to change that, but it is going to take time, no get-rich-quick scheme.

Coins In Master Nodes
2,278,000 (15.05%)

DASH Total Master Nodes = 4626; ROI = 7.21%
CHC  Total Master Nodes = 2278; ROI = 22.22%
PIVX Total Master Nodes = 2184; ROI = 5.24%

The available supply keeps getting bought and put into mater nodes so we should try to get CHC on Shapeshift.io

gottabit

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:13:09 PM

At least some of this pop must have to do with Max and his YouTube channel HighOnCoins.  Max has at least 1,000 subscribers, and his program HighOnCoins focuses on trading cryptocurrencies.  Lately, Max's show has been focused on "shit-coins" namely low-cap coins that you can trade for very little.

Up until lately, Max's show has been light and fun, a cross between quirky comedy and trading advice, but never very serious.  But around the beginning of July, Max started talking a lot about masternode coins such as PIVX. Then Max did some research and found CHC, a low-cost masternode coin that had been languishing.

It is no exaggeration to say that Max's subscribers spearheaded a "movement" behind CHC.  The idea was to work together to get beyond the zero-sum game of pump-and-dump to a new paradigm where we communicate openly and work together.  

That movement took off, and my sense is that the price action was sparked by the CHC movement, but the spike to $6 USD was FOMO involving a much bigger group of traders.  In fact, this bigger group of traders is now a problem for CHC movement, because they "dumped" CHC (not HODL) as is their right.  So, the initial experiment with CHC didn't quite work as expected because HODL group is still too small to control the price (i.e., we don't control enough percentage of CHC yet).  We're fixing to change that, but it is going to take time, no get-rich-quick scheme.

Coins In Master Nodes
2,278,000 (15.05%)

The available supply keeps getting bought and put into mater nodes so we should try to get CHC on Shapeshift.io

Avail:                                                15,133,903   7/28/2017  16:28 UTC

Candidates from Richlist:   2,344,129
burned:                           2,029,696
locked-in:                           2,278,000

subtotal:                                            6,651,825

Potential Supply:                                                              8,482,078

Candidates from Poorlist:   Huh?
                                    (could be a couple million)

sotarules

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:43:29 PM

Coins In Master Nodes
2,278,000 (15.05%)

Wow, I didn't realize that DASH and PIVX had such poor ROI compared to CHC, that is a huge selling point.  I did a little math to confirm what you're saying:

CHC Price USD:  $0.68
Cost of CHC Masternode: $680.00
CHC generated per day: 0.61 * 365 = 222.65 CHC
ROI: 222.65 / 1,000 = 22.2%

I was thinking it was more around 10% so consider this: right now, CHC is establishing a pretty good base around 25K satoshi. The price has tested that base a couple of times, and the market has "rejected" prices below that level.  While nothing is certain, this is fairly good evidence that the big panic is over and CHC prices are stable at this level.  CHC isn't going to suddenly "crash" to much lower levels, there is no impetus to make this happen.  Masternode totals continue to increase slowly but surely, so we have stability.

Given that stability, imagine telling someone that they can reliably bring in at least 20% ROI of tax-free revenue on a very modest investment, along with upside potential that is unknown, but could be big, like winning a lottery.  Put another way, you could hold your $680.00 in a money market account and make say 1.6%, or you could hold it in CHC and make over 20% without having to worry about the state sucking capital gains tax out of you like a blood-sucking leech.

I'll tell you what I'm going to do: I'm going to keep putting my spare cash, plus CHC masternode earnings, into even more CHC masternodes.  I can afford to allocate $340/month as part of a long-term saving plan, so I can afford one new node every two months at this price level.

But it dawns on me that these very calculations explain the price floor that we're seeing and suggest that the price will not remain at this level much longer.  This also explains why it is unlikely that CHC will fall to 0.01, so it is time to start dollar-cost-averaging into CHC slowly to avoid inducing FOMO pumps and subsequent crashes.
2xjO9M3P

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:03:29 PM

Coins In Master Nodes
2,278,000 (15.05%)

Wow, I didn't realize that DASH and PIVX had such poor ROI compared to CHC, that is a huge selling point.  I did a little math to confirm what you're saying:

I was thinking it was more around 10% so consider this: right now, CHC is establishing a pretty good base around 25K satoshi. The price has tested that base a couple of times, and the market has "rejected" prices below that level.  While nothing is certain, this is fairly good evidence that the big panic is over and CHC prices are stable at this level.  CHC isn't going to suddenly "crash" to much lower levels, there is no impetus to make this happen.  Masternode totals continue to increase slowly but surely, so we have stability.

Given that stability, imagine telling someone that they can reliably bring in at least 20% ROI of tax-free revenue on a very modest investment, along with upside potential that is unknown, but could be big, like winning a lottery.  Put another way, you could hold your $680.00 in a money market account and make say 1.6%, or you could hold it in CHC and make over 20% without having to worry about the state sucking capital gains tax out of you like a blood-sucking leech.

I'll tell you what I'm going to do: I'm going to keep putting my spare cash, plus CHC masternode earnings, into even more CHC masternodes.  I can afford to allocate $340/month as part of a long-term saving plan, so I can afford one new node every two months at this price level.

But it dawns on me that these very calculations explain the price floor that we're seeing and suggest that the price will not remain at this level much longer.  This also explains why it is unlikely that CHC will fall to 0.01, so it is time to start dollar-cost-averaging into CHC slowly to avoid inducing FOMO pumps and subsequent crashes.

Remember that the more MN, the less ROI. I believe I saw someone mention a dream of 50% of coins locked in MN. If that were to become reality, CHC would yield on par with DASH/PIVX (at current money supply), and it would become much more attractive MN owners to unlock those coins for other more profitable purposes.
bitjamz

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 06:10:46 PM

Coins In Master Nodes
2,278,000 (15.05%)

But it dawns on me that these very calculations explain the price floor that we're seeing and suggest that the price will not remain at this level much longer.  This also explains why it is unlikely that CHC will fall to 0.01, so it is time to start dollar-cost-averaging into CHC slowly to avoid inducing FOMO pumps and subsequent crashes.

Remember that the more MN, the less ROI. I believe I saw someone mention a dream of 50% of coins locked in MN. If that were to become reality, CHC would yield on par with DASH/PIVX (at current money supply), and it would become much more attractive MN owners to unlock those coins for other more profitable purposes.

number of MN increase day by day but I'm still get 2 coins per day

sotarules

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:23:46 PM

Coins In Master Nodes
2,278,000 (15.05%)

That's right, ROI would definitely go down over time, but I suspect that as we approach the 50% lock-in, CHC price would hockey-stick, so in real terms, masternode earnings would still be good.

One thing that I've been thinking about is whether HODL community is large enough to change CHC consensus rules.  If the ROI becomes so poor that it doesn't make sense to keep CHC locked up, perhaps we can collectively change CHC rules so that more of the CHC automatically generated is sent to masternode owners.  I would say this makes sense for all parties, because if masternode owners start defecting, CHC price would be impacted.
Based Stickman

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:28:17 PM

I am HIGHLY encouraged by what is going on in ChainCoin (CHC) development from what I have seen in the official ChainCoin Slack. These developers are nothing short of wonderful !  Grin
sotarules

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

number of MN increase day by day but I'm still get 2 coins per day

You may have gotten lucky, I have 5 nodes and I'm getting about three per day as one would expect at 0.65 per node per day:

BTW hey can anyone explain why my images are not being displayed in-line?  I see that the post that I quoted above, if you go to it, shows the masternode earnings as an in-line graphic rather than a hyperlink.   I'm using the same img tags in brackets and my image is showing as a link.  Anyone who can explain this it would be appreciated.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:33:09 PM

You still have to pay taxes on any crypto that you exchange into fiat (at least in the USA). So unless you never exchange any of your MasterNode earned CHC into fiat (where you can actually use it to pay bills etc...) your statement is not quite accurate.  *I think if you only "earned" a few hundred $ you might not have to report that since it would fall below the limit, although there are a plethora of other factors in our convoluted mess of a tax code. :/
sotarules

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:40:54 PM

You still have to pay taxes on any crypto that you exchange into fiat (at least in the USA). So unless you never exchange any of your MasterNode earned CHC into fiat (where you can actually use it to pay bills etc...) your statement is not quite accurate.  *I think if you only "earned" a few hundred $ you might not have to report that since it would fall below the limit, although there are a plethora of other factors in our convoluted mess of a tax code. :/
Elder III thanks for the clarification, I'd like your opinion regarding taxes under unusual use case.

I have in my hand a SHIFT card from Coinbase.  This card allows you to spend BTC dynamically.  From the merchant POV this looks like a debit card, but what really happens is Coinbase dynamically converts BTC in your account into fiat at time of purchase.

So my idea is like this CHC->Cryptopia->BTC->Coinbase->SHIFT.  With such a convoluted approach do you have any sense of what the tax implications would be?
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: