Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:57:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.3 - SegWit Activated  (Read 321488 times)
cryptoninjapanda

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:03:07 PM

Guys I need help.   Let me preface this by saying I screwed up majorly with one of my masternodes.    I am running on Ubuntu 16.04 and it was working fine but it completely crashed without a backup and lost everything.    I have the CHC masternode address that contains the coin as well as the CHC masternode Private Key.    Is there any way to get the coin back and if so, how do I do it?   I will send anyone a nice tip if they can help me get this back up and running.    I do not have a copy of wallet.dat.   I hadn't backed it up like I should have when the installation was finished and 2 days later, FAILURE

Would really appreciate some assistance if at all possible  Thanks!

You should always make backup before sending the funds. It is also better to do a controller wallet setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWfXdmb48c . Try looking in the backups folder on the VPS it may have created automatic backup. If not then your coins are lost it is not possible to access them with a public address. Masternode key only identifies your masternode on the network it does not have anything to do with the address.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suprnurd

Activity: 250
Merit: 12

Support Guru

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 11:43:59 AM

Hello,

i will setup a masternode on my Raspberry Pi, but i have problems by the compile....

Anyone have a HowTo?

regards

I have errors by the compile, anyone have a actually HowTo?

regards

You are probably missing a dependency or multiple dependencies. You will need to install them and make them available to the compiler before it will work.

Hello,

at time i compile the wallet on the Pi, i use this HowTo:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@crypto-wizard/launching-a-chaincoin-masternode-made-easy

but at the End i have this error:

make[5]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src/qt“ wird betreten
  CXX      libchaincoinqt_a-walletview.o
In file included from walletview.cpp:21:0:
loggerpage.h:18:26: fatal error: QStandardPaths: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
 #include <QStandardPaths>
                          ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:1887: die Regel für Ziel „libchaincoinqt_a-walletview.o“ scheiterte
make[5]: *** [libchaincoinqt_a-walletview.o] Fehler 1
make[5]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src/qt“ wird verlassen
Makefile:2729: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[4]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src/qt“ wird verlassen
Makefile:1017: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
make[3]: *** [all] Fehler 2
make[3]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src/qt“ wird verlassen
Makefile:1028: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src“ wird verlassen
Makefile:733: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
make[1]: *** [all] Fehler 2
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src“ wird verlassen
Makefile:513: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

anyone have a solution?

If you're trying to build the GUI wallet, then you need to have QT5 installed. If you have both QT4 and QT5 installed, you will have to use the flag --with-gui=qt5 with configure. If you are just trying to build the command line version you can try ./configure --without-gui --disable-tests

The full build doc is here: https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

Voting results page is up: https://www.chaincoin.org/voting/

Big thanks go out to everyone who has voted so far! If you haven't voted yet and care about the future of Chaincoin, please go and vote!

Hello i have compile with this configure, but the same error...

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-gui=qt5
sudo make

Error:

AR       libchaincoinqt.a
/usr/bin/ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')
/usr/bin/ar: libchaincoinqt.a: Auf dem Gerät ist kein Speicherplatz mehr verfügbar
Makefile:1056: die Regel für Ziel „libchaincoinqt.a“ scheiterte
make[5]: *** [libchaincoinqt.a] Fehler 1
make[5]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src/qt“ wird verlassen
Makefile:2729: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[4]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src/qt“ wird verlassen
Makefile:1017: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
make[3]: *** [all] Fehler 2
make[3]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src/qt“ wird verlassen
Makefile:1028: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src“ wird verlassen
Makefile:733: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
make[1]: *** [all] Fehler 2
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/pi/chaincoin/src“ wird verlassen
Makefile:513: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
pi@raspberrypi:~/chaincoin $

regards

I marked the issue above in red. Thank you so much for making me google translate on your behalf, you've really made it easy for me to help you. Please feel free to also post blurry screenshots, incomplete log files, and ask questions that a simple google search could solve.

Just so that you can see that I am really trying to help you (and perhaps others who may come across this same issue) here is the error translated in english:
/usr/bin/ar: libchaincoinqt.a: No space is available on the device

Check your memory with the command free and check your storage with df -h

But always the same...

Huh I don't know...

Post your chaincoin.conf file (scramble or remove your masternodeprivkey= ) so we can have a look or come to the slack channel #masternodes and #support (https://slack.chaincoin.org) and we can help you a lot quicker than on here.

11:38:01masternode start

11:38:06not capable masternode: Could not connect to 178.190.xx.xxx:11994

Why did your IP address change from the one in the screenshots above? If you change your IP then you also need to update your config.

ChainCoin should get listing to bittrex till the end of the year. In that case we can get chain mega pump again.

We have been waiting 2 months for Bittrex and nothing from them so it's unlikely we will get listed any time soon. That being said, we are working actively to improve on all sides of the project - there is still so much to be done! I'm sure that once we improve our value proposition and our trading volume increases, we will get listed by many previously unreachable exchanges.

Guys I need help.   Let me preface this by saying I screwed up majorly with one of my masternodes.    I am running on Ubuntu 16.04 and it was working fine but it completely crashed without a backup and lost everything.    I have the CHC masternode address that contains the coin as well as the CHC masternode Private Key.    Is there any way to get the coin back and if so, how do I do it?   I will send anyone a nice tip if they can help me get this back up and running.    I do not have a copy of wallet.dat.   I hadn't backed it up like I should have when the installation was finished and 2 days later, FAILURE

Would really appreciate some assistance if at all possible  Thanks!

Did you delete the server? If you did not then I can probably rescue it. Find me in the #support channel of our slack (https://slack.chaincoin.org)

Voting Results - Community Engagement

The voting results are in: 39% of master node holders care about the future of Chaincoin and that is just great! Moving forward we have started actively working on keeping the community up to date via twitter and we are continuing to organize ourselves - thanks again to all the new community volunteers.

The next vote is schedule for October 12, 2017. Details surrounding that will be released before that date.

Join our slack: https://slack.chaincoin.org and come say hello to everyone!
We're also on twitter: https://twitter.com/chaincointeam follow us for updates.

✔︎ True Dividend Crypto [TDC] ✔︎✔︎ Announcement ✔︎ GitHub ✔︎ Twitter ✔︎ Discord ✔︎
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:45:57 PM

The voting results are in: 39% of master node holders care about the future of Chaincoin and that is just great! Moving forward we have started actively working on keeping the community up to date via twitter and we are continuing to organize ourselves - thanks again to all the new community volunteers.

so 61% doesnt care and you think its great ? rofl

That explain a lot actually...  Grin Grin Grin
Jeremythethird

Activity: 103

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:28:41 PM

so 61% doesnt care and you think its great ? rofl

That explain a lot actually...  Grin Grin Grin

39% for a quick test vote that ran for few days, that was not promoted at all beforehand is very good. But once again, you see a chance to take a stab at chc.

Glad you are back tho, your posts are funny as hell to read Cheesy
Koal-84
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:49:19 PM

Join our slack: https://slack.chaincoin.org and come say hello to everyone!
We're also on twitter: https://twitter.com/chaincointeam follow us for updates.

Thank you for your help with running out of space i have see a day after the post, so i have to try the compile on a other Pi, and i will send you the information of a or not a success...

I will test the Wallat on a Pi when the Pi not run i will post the .conf of the Windows PC, a other question can i also use DynDNS addresses? I think no...

regards

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
suprnurd

Activity: 250
Merit: 12

Support Guru

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 01:03:20 AM

Here is the message I put up in the slack a while back:

Master Node Average Monthly Rewards
I have been quite fortunate to have two (2) master nodes running for the entire month of August. One of the nodes earned 14CHC and the other one earned 20CHC so my monthly average CHC/node is 17 and my daily average CHC/node is 0.54838710.

I have also been able to track another users’ nodes over the past 19 days and his results are slightly different to mine. Out of his 3 nodes, the first one received 10CHC, the second one received 22CHC, and the third one received only 4, making his daily average CHC/node 0.48387097.

I think it’s important for those of you who are concerned with the cost of running a master node (i.e. paying for a VPS) that you take these averages in to consideration when deciding whether or not to run a master node.

It's almost the end of the month, once we're in October I will report back on my September earnings.

As promised, here are the earnings of my five (5) masternodes which I was fortunate enough to have running for the entire month of September.

Node 1: 29.200025 CHC earned
Node 2: 32.00011 CHC earned
Node 3: 18.4003 CHC earned
Node 4: 16.40014 CHC earned
Node 5: 29.20016 CHC earned

Monthly Average CHC/node: 25.040147 CHC
Daily Average CHC/node: 0.83467157

Since we just had our first block reward increase this month, the numbers don't really tell the full story yet. Once the next block reward increase has occurred then I should be able to compare the payouts month to month until the block reward halving (when we will have to do a new set of calculations).

✔︎ True Dividend Crypto [TDC] ✔︎✔︎ Announcement ✔︎ GitHub ✔︎ Twitter ✔︎ Discord ✔︎
longestday3030

Activity: 132

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:04:57 AM

Here is the message I put up in the slack a while back:

Master Node Average Monthly Rewards
I have been quite fortunate to have two (2) master nodes running for the entire month of August. One of the nodes earned 14CHC and the other one earned 20CHC so my monthly average CHC/node is 17 and my daily average CHC/node is 0.54838710.

I have also been able to track another users’ nodes over the past 19 days and his results are slightly different to mine. Out of his 3 nodes, the first one received 10CHC, the second one received 22CHC, and the third one received only 4, making his daily average CHC/node 0.48387097.

I think it’s important for those of you who are concerned with the cost of running a master node (i.e. paying for a VPS) that you take these averages in to consideration when deciding whether or not to run a master node.

It's almost the end of the month, once we're in October I will report back on my September earnings.

As promised, here are the earnings of my five (5) masternodes which I was fortunate enough to have running for the entire month of September.

Node 1: 29.200025 CHC earned
Node 2: 32.00011 CHC earned
Node 3: 18.4003 CHC earned
Node 4: 16.40014 CHC earned
Node 5: 29.20016 CHC earned

Monthly Average CHC/node: 25.040147 CHC
Daily Average CHC/node: 0.83467157

Since we just had our first block reward increase this month, the numbers don't really tell the full story yet. Once the next block reward increase has occurred then I should be able to compare the payouts month to month until the block reward halving (when we will have to do a new set of calculations).

Thank you for sharing this. I also plan to setup a master node. Because of the low price of the coin right now, I see it's not much.  It seems setting up a master node is for a long term investment with hopes that the coin improves and its community increase.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ★★★ LETHEAN  ★★★    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
arf30

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:49:22 PM

I would like to see this coin soon in another exchanges, like Etherdelta, yobit or maybe HitBtc, this would be great  Roll Eyes
TonnyKakar104

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:35:02 PM

Received few rewards on my masternode, wallet works fine. Have plans configure few more MN Cool
Good news Smiley
Please, share what is current reward for masternode?

2.80000000 chaincoins reward is random
My friend invested in ChainCoin few months ago and now his money has doubled. It is surely good profit but in the same amount of time bitcoin went from $2700 to $4300. This fact surely presents how inferior all the altcoins are to bitcoins in terms of success and profit.
zackie

Activity: 174
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:03:36 PM

I have a general question regarding masternodes. When I set up a masternode, to which address will the rewards be sent?
According to the instruction, the address 0 should have the 1000 CHC in it, not more and not less. Will the software generate
more address to which the rewards are being sent?
And when I move my rewards to another address, does the software ensure that the address 0 ist blocked, so that none of the
1000 CHC coins are being moved?

Thanks for helping me to understand the masternode principle better. Smiley
sotarules

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:38:44 PM

I have a general question regarding masternodes. When I set up a masternode, to which address will the rewards be sent?
According to the instruction, the address 0 should have the 1000 CHC in it, not more and not less. Will the software generate
And when I move my rewards to another address, does the software ensure that the address 0 ist blocked, so that none of the

I'm looking at my wallet now, and it appears that the rewards are sent to the same address that contains the masternode's "stake" 1000 CHC. 
zackie

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:43:04 PM

I'm looking at my wallet now, and it appears that the rewards are sent to the same address that contains the masternode's "stake" 1000 CHC. 

First question answered. Even though that makes no sense. Have you ever withdrawn the rewards? How does that work without touching the
initial 1000 CHC? I mean, this coin should work like Bitcoin with inputs and outputs...
sotarules

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:15:33 PM

First question answered. Even though that makes no sense. Have you ever withdrawn the rewards? How does that work without touching the
initial 1000 CHC? I mean, this coin should work like Bitcoin with inputs and outputs...
To answer this, you need to understand how wallets can "lock" amounts.  This is handled differently on masternodes versus the Chaincoin-QT UI.  For Masternodes on say linux, there are commands to lock and unlock amounts.  On Chaincoin-QT, when you go to the [Send] tab (with Coin Control Features enabled), you'll see a button [Inputs...] which will let you choose individual amounts with a checkbox.  By using this feature you can avoid digging into the original stake, and send out only reward earnings.

BTW I should say that to make Chaincoin-QT very useful, there are two things you can do (1) you can export the private keys from your masternode wallets and import them into Chaincoin-QT, and in so doing, you can see your earnings consolidated in Chaincoin-QT (2) there is an approach where Chaincoin-QT can be set up as a "control" node (I haven't yet done this and instructions are elsewhere).  I'm certain that with approach (1) it is awesome because you can see your earnings in the GUI without having to SSH into your masternodes, and you also have the benefit of Coin Control Features for sending out your earnings.  I'm planning to move to approach (2) when time permits, there are instructions for this elsewhere in this forum.
zackie

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:21:38 PM

To answer this, you need to understand how wallets can "lock" amounts.  This is handled differently on masternodes versus the Chaincoin-QT UI.  For Masternodes on say linux, there are commands to lock and unlock amounts.  On Chaincoin-QT, when you go to the [Send] tab (with Coin Control Features enabled), you'll see a button [Inputs...] which will let you choose individual amounts with a checkbox.  By using this feature you can avoid digging into the original stake, and send out only reward earnings.

Thanks, now I understand. Coin control feature is great, haven't downloaded the Windows GUI, so I wasn't aware of that.
However, I'm thinking about running a Linux Masternode. Where can I find informations about locking the initial amount under Linux?
sotarules

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:40:47 PM

To answer this, you need to understand how wallets can "lock" amounts.  This is handled differently on masternodes versus the Chaincoin-QT UI.  For Masternodes on say linux, there are commands to lock and unlock amounts.  On Chaincoin-QT, when you go to the [Send] tab (with Coin Control Features enabled), you'll see a button [Inputs...] which will let you choose individual amounts with a checkbox.  By using this feature you can avoid digging into the original stake, and send out only reward earnings.

Thanks, now I understand. Coin control feature is great, haven't downloaded the Windows GUI, so I wasn't aware of that.
However, I'm thinking about running a Linux Masternode. Where can I find informations about locking the initial amount under Linux?
Using chaincoin-cli check into command lockunspent - beware the syntax is tricky because the same command can be used to either lock or unlock amounts (see complaints here https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/4163)
zackie

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:01:50 PM

OMG! Looks like it's easier to stop the service, transfer EVERYTHING to another wallet and send 1000 CHC back to my VPS.   Cheesy Cheesy
sotarules

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:45:20 PM

OMG! Looks like it's easier to stop the service, transfer EVERYTHING to another wallet and send 1000 CHC back to my VPS.   Cheesy Cheesy
Yes, I think that realistically, you have to have a Chaincoin-QT UI and a consolidated wallet (i.e., all private keys together in one wallet.dat).  There is so much power, particularly in the new version which has a Masternodes tab so you can monitor them; and, naturally, you can spend the coins from Chaincoin-QT almost never having to touch the masternodes except for system maintenance and upgrades.
cryptoninjapanda

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:48:45 PM

Please don't store your chaincoins on a VPS do a controller wallet setup instead. Here is a step by step tutorial by fred https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWfXdmb48c
nick1492

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 02:20:29 AM

Hi guys,

I'm still mining this chaincoin. Any idea why the sudden jump on the price of our coins? Anyway, I just want to add more info, I also stumbled on this coin the Deep Coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2006010.0  and so inspected their approach on the market. Wow, they have remarkable Community. And their price even though still at novaexchange, it has big sat value. I hope chaincoin can also do its marketing ideas. We have potential here, you know.

zackie

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:41:07 AM

Please don't store your chaincoins on a VPS do a controller wallet setup instead. Here is a step by step tutorial by fred https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWfXdmb48c

It's a rather long video. After quickly checking the description, I don't see a difference between my setup. Will check later what a controller wallet setup exactly is.
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: