Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.3 - SegWit Activated  (Read 321490 times)
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 01:24:03 AM

this is a new low. Sad, hilarious and pathetic...
I don't understand, why is this a new low? If we're going up against all of the other coins, there has to be something about CHC that makes it stand out. I think it is the CHC community that makes the difference.  What do you think?
Yeah going up against all of the other coins but still going down against the $.  Roll Eyes

From what I can understand the current CHC "community" is now mostly bagholders that got scammed out of their money at the recent pump and dump setup. Not sure what good that bunch can do for the coin going forward.

best we can do is try to help them to hold the bags with more ease , i got my 1k chc in between 3000-5000 sats . and left in runing on as masternode . only to see chc at 200.000 sats , i gain 2.1 btc as a early support the gains was too much so i took my profits . have been waitting to buy back in

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oldcoinguru

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:26:09 AM

Sticking your head in the sand is not a viable option.better get yourself educated IM done trying.
Good.  Bye bye.

This sums it up nicely I think

https://youtu.be/GePn4xoQ1B0
Sums up what?  Some people bought low and sold high and some people bought high and got caught with their pants down.  It happens with all coins not just Chaincoin.  I didn't buy a single coin.  I've been mining since 2014.  I was more than happy to sell coins to people that wanted them.  
Perhaps you should stick to buying into ICO's and making people overnight millionaires based on a bunch of promises and a white paper.
Now please go away forever.
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:34:37 AM

The CHC master node network keep getting larger with CHC having a little more master nodes the PIVX and about half as DASH

CHC Coins In Master Nodes
2,330,000 (15.39%)

It must suck to have posted here so long that you've earned 'Legendary' status, and still be in a position where shilling a dead coin is worth your time and effort.

Roll Eyes
oldcoinguru

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:40:37 AM

The CHC master node network keep getting larger with CHC having a little more master nodes the PIVX and about half as DASH

2,330,000 (15.39%)

It must suck to have posted here so long that you've earned 'Legendary' status, and still be in a position where shilling a dead coin is worth your time and effort.

Roll Eyes

It must suck when the only thing you have to do is post in a thread of a coin you yourself has said was dead.
Get a life.
Faeryl

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:55:17 AM

This sums it up nicely I think

https://youtu.be/GePn4xoQ1B0

The only thing that video is missing is...

And you know what I did next? I brought Linda. And told the guys we are hodling Linda next.
*queue laughter*
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:22:33 AM

2,330,000 (15.39%)

Roll Eyes

It must suck when the only thing you have to do is post in a thread of a coin you yourself has said was dead.
Get a life.

Yeah, maybe it does. I wouldn't know. I have other things to do as well...

Making fun of morons doesn't take up much of my time, and it's so much easier than being a bag-holding shill  Grin

Roll Eyes
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:28:59 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2017, 03:42:59 AM by TimC

2,330,000 (15.39%)

Roll Eyes

Get a life.

The coin is not dead as long as the block chain is moving and the are buys and sells. Even the all mighty DASH was once 'dead'. It was launched as xcoin with huge insta-mine and was dead until it got re-branded to DARK then re-branded again to DASH. So I solo mined a few tens of thousands CHC coins back in 2014 and 2015 and ran a master node when the wallet was updated back in 2016. Now CHC get noticed/go viral and a community builds around it and the devs start making commits to Git. All the same thing that happened with DASH but it just took CHC longer for it's re-awaking. (and yes many BTC hit my wallet the other week from CHC sales from up the sell wall and that is what brought me back into this thread.)

Another thing if the coin was so called 'dead' then why has SuprNova ran a pool for CHC all of these years? We all know that SuprNova don't play with scam coins or dead coins.

StillCrypto

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:32:44 AM

Proposal to Improve CHC Price and Viability

Each 90 seconds, Chaincoin network creates a new block with rewards as follows:

2 CHC -> Master Nodes
6 CHC -> Miners

This is simple and elegant and something that should not be meddled with lightly, so please understand that I'm not making this proposal in a flippant manner, but rather thinking about how to change the narrative to allow CHC price to rise.

DASH has implemented a revolutionary idea: decentralized governance.  With DASH, part of each block reward is allocated to a treasury that builds up over time.  In DASH block rewards are allocated as follows:

45% Miners
45% Master Nodes
10% Treasury

The treasury can be used for anything, but one important use is development.  At this time, our lead developer brakmic has stated flatly that he doesn't want to be paid anything, that he works 100% free (open source), so development cost isn't currently a huge concern.  However, treasury funds can be used for anything the community deems appropriate, and DASH has used this to help catapult the coin to higher valuation using a time-tested technique called marketing.  Note that DASH is supporting a lot of podcasts, and has commercials.  CHC could follow in DASH's footsteps, using treasury funds to do good-old-fashioned marketing, both traditional (e.g., radio) and content marketing on the web.

CHC could become the Litecoin equivalent of DASH

This is a reasonably good elevator pitch, and answers the question "Why CHC?"  I believe that achieving modest and achievable recognition as the next-best-thing-to-DASH could realistically push CHC valuation to $10 dollars or higher.

But how would this be done?  Well, my understanding is that it would require changes to the CHC consensus rules.  Technically, it would require brakmic and his helpers to port the treasury governance subsystems from DASH to CHC (assuming they are not already present), and a majority of the nodes would signal their agreement by running the new code.

My recommendation would be to do this in two steps.  The first step would be to enable the DASH-like governance system to give us a structured way of voting on features and initiatives without doing anything to the mining and master node percentages. Once that system is in place, we could start taking proposals for how to modify the percentages to introduce the idea of a treasury.  To be fair, it might make sense as follows:

20% Master Nodes
70% Miners
10% Treasury

This change in allocation would distribute the pain equally between Master Nodes and Miners, giving 10% of all block rewards to treasury.  If my math is right, this change would start accumulating 576 CHC/day into the treasury, which should build up quickly into a war chest.

There are two benefits to doing this.  First, we can use treasury funds for marketing and for any programming that brakmic isn't willing to do for free.  This is clearly an advantage, and DASH has already proven that this isn't blue sky, it really works.

But perhaps most importantly, such a change to the long-dormant CHC consensus rules would itself be newsworthy, disrupting the status quo.  Such a change would be perceived favorably by the crypto community, and that new faith would be reflected into the CHC price. It would signal that CHC is no longer a dead coin (one of the most popular objections), but a new coin, a coin with a plan.  Even the potential for such change could affect the narrative, giving the price of CHC a better chance to rise.

Well said.  Very well said.  There must be a treasury and optimal balance between miners and nodes.  Miners work hard (besides being a vital part of the "community"), and it does not seem fair to split (so close to 50/50) the proceeds just because someone has more capital to sit on. I say that as a node holder. Node holders should be most interested in how to increase the USE of this coin for mixing services, following an increase in the general use of the coin.  They can best do that by becoming educated voters in how the treasury will be used.  

Yes, CHC, a congenital twin of Dash (born same day or day apart) had every opportunity to grow like Dash in this laboratory of competing chains.   Everyday, it has the opportunity to learn from Dash, and what propelled it to stardom.  Born with the same basic genetics, CHC is well positioned to compete with Dash, if it can start to get it's act together.  It can't all just fall on the shoulders of a couple of volunteer devs.  

Think of it this way, this is about software...about competing software applications and platforms. The worst thing that could happen is this software be seen as "legacy".   It won't be good enough just to copy, but copy it must. After copying enough to avoid becoming "legacy software",  there must be some innovation as well (research and development), and that is expensive, hence, the need for a treasury.

There is a need to narrow down what would have the most long term impact at this stage of the game, copy it, and gradually increase R&D and marketing as a rise in price affords it.  

I'm watching a YouTube right now, someone giving a speech about DASH.  With 14k views, it's called "DASH Is The Best Cryptocurrency in The World! ($1000 DASH By 2018)".  Everybody should watch it.

Most notably, at the 21:40 mark, he says, "...And i believe, in very short order, what you are going to see is other cryptocurrencies that mimic our system are gonna come to dominate the field. I'm saying it right now. "  

mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:37:19 PM

2,330,000 (15.39%)

Roll Eyes

Get a life.

The coin is not dead as long as the block chain is moving and the are buys and sells. Even the all mighty DASH was once 'dead'. It was launched as xcoin with huge insta-mine and was dead until it got re-branded to DARK then re-branded again to DASH. So I solo mined a few tens of thousands CHC coins back in 2014 and 2015 and ran a master node when the wallet was updated back in 2016. Now CHC get noticed/go viral and a community builds around it and the devs start making commits to Git. All the same thing that happened with DASH but it just took CHC longer for it's re-awaking. (and yes many BTC hit my wallet the other week from CHC sales from up the sell wall and that is what brought me back into this thread.)

Another thing if the coin was so called 'dead' then why has SuprNova ran a pool for CHC all of these years? We all know that SuprNova don't play with scam coins or dead coins.

this is in fact true, but DASH was a different story I'd say. I don't think CHC has a chance to go where DASH is today.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
TimC
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:04:18 PM

this is in fact true, but DASH was a different story I'd say. I don't think CHC has a chance to go where DASH is today.

Each can make their own way for example look at CRW. CRW was launched back in 2014 and was 'dead' but not broken like CHC. So the block chain moved along and then in 2015/2016 it got taken over and look where it is now. CRW in the top three Master Node coin. DASH, CRW and PIVX would be the top three master node coins. As other community member posted 'CHC could become the Litecoin equivalent of DASH'
realbigs21024

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:18:30 PM

Remember, the HODL community is intentionally trying to let the price fall so that we can "soak up" more masternodes at lower prices.  I don't know the floor that Max has in mind, he was originally saying $0.01 US, but I don't think it will ever get to that level.

I hope HODLers will follow thorough and scoop up masternodes when the price reaches something reasonable, like say $250-$300 per masternode. At that price, every HODLer should be able to afford at least one.

Compared to most "normal" investments (excluding crypto), a masternode produces good ROI.  At current price levels, a node generates about 10%-per-annum of tax-free cash.  That alone is pretty good, but consider that in addition to that 10% floor return, the investor is exposed to potential capital gains that could dwarf the income.

Investing in CHC masternodes is like buying a lottery ticket, except it has much better probability of success.

My approach is to hoard the CHC and build more nodes.  Thus far, my five masternodes have created over 80 CHC, and I've been trading a small amount to parlay yet another node (I have almost 400 CHC saved up).

All things considered, it is fun to run masternodes, even if the CHC price is low, it is addictive watching the CHC come in from nowhere.

Elsewhere in this forum, you can find discussions between guys about CHC mining, and that got my attention.  One of the posts from a guy with two 1080TI cards said he was generating more than 7 CHC per day.  So, I went to ebay and found this mining "farm":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZCash-18-000-Sol-s-Ethereum-960mh-s-24x-GTX1080TI-Cryptocurrency-Mining-Rig-Farm-/162606018625?hash=item25dc12f041:g:5McAAOSwrMlZeMC0

This thing is crazy.  The cost is $35,000, so you have to think of it like buying a car.  It has 24 1080TI cards.  If I'm doing the math right, this rig would generate 84 CHC per day but at about 8000W (that's a lot of power).  I have a 10KW solar array, so this could help mitigate that cost.  So at current prices, you're not going to quit your day job, but such a system could generate some helpful tax-free income.

this is so not true HOC set this all up and he was bagholding conned everyone to buy in and raise price and dumped on everyone, that is why  you dont follow people because they are out to make money off of you
Bitgenius777

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:28:17 PM

So is the developer active on chaincoin???
Faeryl

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:46:37 PM

Rohli hasnt come in to add to this thread in some time
mt55

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:13:12 PM

Each can make their own way for example look at CRW. CRW was launched back in 2014 and was 'dead' but not broken like CHC. So the block chain moved along and then in 2015/2016 it got taken over and look where it is now. CRW in the top three Master Node coin. DASH, CRW and PIVX would be the top three master node coins. As other community member posted 'CHC could become the Litecoin equivalent of DASH'

Reasonable point of view. Time will tell whether that is true. No reason for me to not wish you the best of luck.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
oldcoinguru

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:16:06 PM

So is the developer active on chaincoin???
Development is happening.  Last commit was 20 hours ago.
https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/commit/7b2cb78da1391cecf1e226bf00c00498e9f3df63
TimC
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:24:36 PM

Rohli hasnt come in to add to this thread in some time

any why do you care???

awwww hell I talked myself into it.

I sold, realised a 60% loss

Good luck chaincoin, but im out.

Last commit to the CHC git was 20 hours ago.
https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/commit/7b2cb78da1391cecf1e226bf00c00498e9f3df63
Faeryl

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

Because regardless of the fact I sold on the way down, and decided not to invest again at the bottom, I still follow the price of chaincoin and look at the chart for it daily. Because the lesson I learned isnt complete yet.
Far from it. Im still gathering information.
TimC
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:03:44 PM

Because regardless of the fact I sold on the way down, and decided not to invest again at the bottom, I still follow the price of chaincoin and look at the chart for it daily. Because the lesson I learned isnt complete yet.
Far from it. Im still gathering information.

Things to look at beyond the charts would be which pools support the coin and do any trusted members support the coin.  Do some small unknown pool support the coin or do any long time trusted pools operators support the coin. CHC has had pool support from SuprNova for many years and that is one of the best pool Ops in crypto. Look at the exchanges that support the coin. CHC has Cryptopia.co.nz one of the best smaller up and coming exchanges that is solid and known to not support scam coins.  Now if CHC was only listed on Yobit with a broken wallet that would be a red flag of scam coin action. Otherwise by low and sell high. Be smart don't buy into all time highs and have BTC ready for when the crying posts start hitting the thread since that is when it is the time to buy.  I see that you are getting into CRW (good choice; great team). I also hold a large amount of CRW. I pretty much run all of the master node coins.
Faeryl

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:12:48 PM

If im honest, I probably wouldnt be so salty IF....2 things hadn't of happened.

I actually brought low, and again at a medium cost and it climbed to 6 dollars, but I hodled. If I hadnt have brought into that claptrap I could have happily sold and when it crashed the next day i'd be fine. and probably brought a load more.

When it did crash I let FUD eat away at my patience to watch it climb again and excited half my position early at a loss. and the other half at a minor loss.

Now im monitoring the price to see whether holding and not succumbing to doubt would have allowed me to retain my funds (and my dignity)   Lips sealed

Currently I hold dash masternode shares, but im looking at other coins, Crown, and recently Ionomy. although Ionomy is really pricy to buy a node.

I dabbled in Arctic too and might look at eternity. Both are really cheap. and I imagine the advanced hodl technology gang will move across to those coins to pump em at some point.
I will have my sell orders set up on cryptopia for both at fixed positions and wont deviate. Ill sell on double the price and when it corrects ill buy in at the bottom.
Patience will be the name of the game, and not greed.
minerbro

Activity: 415
Merit: 287

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:59:48 PM

what was the last update for this coin? and are the future developings if this coin is so nice?
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: