Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:08:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.3 - SegWit Activated  (Read 321490 times)
KingLOL

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:13:39 PM

so i see that the volume is going down ?  any more of the hodler around , or have you all gone to linda ??

linda....lol no xD no one in their  right mind would do that. as i said we allready hit the bottom. the voulume will now rise again slowly
Paltus

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:51:10 PM

Simple guide how to run 2 Chaincoin masternodes in Windows. Same PC, I already use it.

1. Setup 1st masternode.
2. Copy %appdata%\Chaincoin folder to %appdata%\Chaincoin2. Delete wallet.dat from Chaincoin2 folder. NOT FROM source Chaincoin folder!!!
3. Make rule on router - forward port 11996 to the same PC.
4. Start wallet with parameters: chaincoin-qt.exe -port=11996 -datadir=%appdata%\Chaincoin2.

You can use any other port instead of 11996.
With -datadir wallet will use you copied directory.
After start it will make new wallet.dat in Chaincoin working directory.

5. Take new address to receive CHC.
6, Generate new MN key by typing "masternode genkey" in console. Close wallet.
7. Open chaincoin.conf in notepad. Paste new key after masternodeprivkey=, replace you previous key.
8. Add new line to chaincoin.conf:
port=11996.

9. Send exactly 1000 CHC to you 2nd masternode address from step 5.
10. Start chaincoin-qt.exe -port=11996 -datadir=%appdata%\Chaincoin2
11. Wait for 15 confirmations, then type in console of 2nd wallet: "masternode start".
12. Make double profit, make more masternodes. Decrease earnings of all masternodes =).

You can start 1st and 2nd masternodes separately or together - now you have 2 different installations.
Maybe you don't need -port=11996 in command line if you have it in conf. Or maybe you don't need it in conf =).
You will have 2 Chaincoin working directories with block files, size will grow 2 times faster. Maybe there is a way to have just 1 set of blockchain files using hardlinks, I didn't try.

13. Make more masternodes, buy more CHC for it, make the price up, increase stability of network.

FREE DISTRIBUTION TO BTC HOLDERS         NEW CONSENSUS ALGORITHM
● Byteball ●    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
               REGULATORY COMPLIANT ASSETS               UNTRACEABLE PAYMENTS
pizzadude

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:11:30 PM

Hi Brakmic,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on CHC and the youtube movement behind it.  I followed your posts on the chaincoin slack group before it got closed (the community one), and I thought your comments seem honest just like the ones you posted here on bitcointalk. 

I was one of those people who followed Max for years on his Android channel and recently followed him on his cryptocurrency channel.  I got into CHC a few days after Max got into it.  Initially, I did not buy CHC because I thought there was no way a small group can manage to buy and hold the coins and prevent the price from falling.  Then, they used the buy walls tactics and managed to prevent dumps beyond their buy walls for several days.  That's when I became convinced that this tactic may work to keep price for the coin high, so I went all in to invest in it.  After several pumps and dumps, my coins are now worth half the price that I bought them at.  They say I only lose if I sell.  Well, that's only true if the price of the coin will go up higher than the price that I bought it at.  Who knows if that will happen.

Your message resonated with me because I think I was one of those sheep that you mentioned.  The community, just like a country, is only healthy if it welcomes opposing views.  When people criticize Max, they immediately get banned from the group chat.  A lot of people in the group seem to put Max on a "pedestal" and praise him like they would for a pope.  That's the way it works in North Korea, but it should not be a model for a community.  To be fair, Max seems like a really nice and down-to-earth kind of guy and has recently stated that he does not want to be considered the leader of this movement because he has been receiving too much heat from it.  So, it's not Max's fault that people give him more credit than he deserves.  That's the sheep mentality that you mentioned, and it can be found in every setting of life (not just in a chat group).

I also agree with you that you can't beat the market.  I've seen buy walls collapse time after time.  Now, we change tactic to purposefully let the price crash so we can buy more CHC.  I don't think this tactic will work either because which whale would want to sell his coins at dirt-cheap price?  Overall, I think it's best if we just buy at the price that we think it's fair and not panic when pump-and-dumpers pull their stunt.  That's the formula for all other coins that have grown.  I like our experiments, but I don't think we can beat the system. 

Since I am now part of the movement of CHC, I hope it becomes more successful in the future.  I hope the community treats each other (even those with opposing views) with respect.  I hope Max stays true to his word that he would not promote other coins to make a quick buck and spends his efforts in helping make CHC have higher values and stability in the future.  When a leader says one thing and does another, it creates uncertainty in the group.  I think we were wrongly labeled as a pump-and-dump group, and we should prove haters wrong by sticking to our words by not do that to other coins.

phuckit17

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:22:00 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 10:11:46 PM by phuckit17

Brakmic took his post down..my bad Grin
brakmic

Activity: 461
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 01:39:13 PM

No I just deleted it. Didn't want to distract you too much. The case is over. Have fun! Smiley

ACTINIUM ➢✈✅[No Premine]✅[No ICO]✅[Fair Launch]✈★
Faeryl

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:56:07 PM

I hope Max stays true to his word that he would not promote other coins

Er he is already shilling Linda coin.
Based Stickman

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:35:18 PM

We're talking about it now. Come to the #vettedmembers channel in the ChainCoin Hodlers group. Brakmic was removed from the team .
Based Stickman, I can see that something did in fact happen with Brakmic, but I'm not able to get any information from these guys, they're not responding to my queries.

I did see a post from Max that must have been from a troll, from somebody supposedly Brakmic who was saying that he has modified the code to steal all the coins with his friends in Germany.  This is actually idiotic, because whoever posted this doesn't understand consensus rules.

But nevertheless, I am given pause by the groups response to this, they're simply saying that Brakmic has left the group.  I asked Max to give us full transparency in the next video about this, but didn't receive any reply.

So this is the extent of what is known.  I think I want to apologize to you for not believing what you were saying.  I'm a HODLer in it for the long run, regardless of what Max and the discord team does.  I just hope they address this in full.

It was brakmic trolling , it wasn't someone pretending to be him . If you had the whole log of the chat you would be able to see it. You're not going to get the full story. I am a HODLer  too , but I'm not buying back in here at 30012. CHC needs a real bottom and that's going to take time. I just don't want to see anyone losing money buying in right now. At the end of the day people can make their own decision.
Based Stickman

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:39:01 PM

Simple guide how to run 2 Chaincoin masternodes in Windows. Same PC, I already use it.

1. Setup 1st masternode.
2. Copy %appdata%\Chaincoin folder to %appdata%\Chaincoin2. Delete wallet.dat from Chaincoin2 folder. NOT FROM source Chaincoin folder!!!
3. Make rule on router - forward port 11996 to the same PC.
4. Start wallet with parameters: chaincoin-qt.exe -port=11996 -datadir=%appdata%\Chaincoin2.

You can use any other port instead of 11996.
With -datadir wallet will use you copied directory.
After start it will make new wallet.dat in Chaincoin working directory.

5. Take new address to receive CHC.
6, Generate new MN key by typing "masternode genkey" in console. Close wallet.
7. Open chaincoin.conf in notepad. Paste new key after masternodeprivkey=, replace you previous key.
8. Add new line to chaincoin.conf:
port=11996.

9. Send exactly 1000 CHC to you 2nd masternode address from step 5.
10. Start chaincoin-qt.exe -port=11996 -datadir=%appdata%\Chaincoin2
11. Wait for 15 confirmations, then type in console of 2nd wallet: "masternode start".
12. Make double profit, make more masternodes. Decrease earnings of all masternodes =).

You can start 1st and 2nd masternodes separately or together - now you have 2 different installations.
Maybe you don't need -port=11996 in command line if you have it in conf. Or maybe you don't need it in conf =).
You will have 2 Chaincoin working directories with block files, size will grow 2 times faster. Maybe there is a way to have just 1 set of blockchain files using hardlinks, I didn't try.

13. Make more masternodes, buy more CHC for it, make the price up, increase stability of network.

If running MN via vps do I need my PC on all the time?

No you don't need your pc on because your VPS is always on
KingLOL

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:23:50 PM

We're talking about it now. Come to the #vettedmembers channel in the ChainCoin Hodlers group. Brakmic was removed from the team .
Based Stickman, I can see that something did in fact happen with Brakmic, but I'm not able to get any information from these guys, they're not responding to my queries.

I did see a post from Max that must have been from a troll, from somebody supposedly Brakmic who was saying that he has modified the code to steal all the coins with his friends in Germany.  This is actually idiotic, because whoever posted this doesn't understand consensus rules.

But nevertheless, I am given pause by the groups response to this, they're simply saying that Brakmic has left the group.  I asked Max to give us full transparency in the next video about this, but didn't receive any reply.

So this is the extent of what is known.  I think I want to apologize to you for not believing what you were saying.  I'm a HODLer in it for the long run, regardless of what Max and the discord team does.  I just hope they address this in full.

It was brakmic trolling , it wasn't someone pretending to be him . If you had the whole log of the chat you would be able to see it. You're not going to get the full story. I am a HODLer  too , but I'm not buying back in here at 30012. CHC needs a real bottom and that's going to take time. I just don't want to see anyone losing money buying in right now. At the end of the day people can make their own decision.

bottom was reached on 23rd with .35 dollar
sotarules

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:05:17 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 05:27:44 PM by sotarules

I did see a post from Max that must have been from a troll, from somebody supposedly Brakmic who was saying that he has modified the code to steal all the coins with his friends in Germany.  This is actually idiotic, because whoever posted this doesn't understand consensus rules.

But nevertheless, I am given pause by the groups response to this, they're simply saying that Brakmic has left the group.  I asked Max to give us full transparency in the next video about this, but didn't receive any reply.

So this is the extent of what is known.  I think I want to apologize to you for not believing what you were saying.  I'm a HODLer in it for the long run, regardless of what Max and the discord team does.  I just hope they address this in full.

It was brakmic trolling , it wasn't someone pretending to be him . If you had the whole log of the chat you would be able to see it. You're not going to get the full story. I am a HODLer  too , but I'm not buying back in here at 30012. CHC needs a real bottom and that's going to take time. I just don't want to see anyone losing money buying in right now. At the end of the day people can make their own decision.
Based Stickman, I think you and I might be in the same "space" about this.  A week ago, I was very centered, very calm and very excited about CHC going forward.  I was in a good mental space, even with the price of CHC going down, but in the past couple of days my feelings about CHC have changed a lot.  I think that the push for LINDA might have been part of this, because it just feels a little sleazy, we were all-in on CHC and then now the momentum is being "diluted" by this.  Also, like you said, anything that goes against transparency and openness on this feels wrong.

Maybe part of my change of heart is due to my own over-glorified image of the CHC project being the first community coin, and maybe I read too much into that. Or maybe I'm just in bad mood, crashing after a dopamine-laden manic high that is the hallmark of crypto trading.

So, I'm still HODL, and still making maternode income, but I'm going to stop watching the charts 24X7, stop watching Discord, because it has become unhealthy.

PS, I know this may sound "prissy" but also the people on Discord making incredibly misogynistic comments about LINDA was getting to me, watching the chat I was thinking to myself, man these are bunch of fucking idiots.  In defense of them, there were a handful that were saying that the jokes about LINDA were getting out of hand, and people were agreeing to keep it civil, but then when LINDA was up to 16 satoshis, the jokes came on full-blown again as if no one had heard a thing.  I realized that these are a bunch of young kids, and I just felt out-of-place in that setting.
ethereum716

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:30:07 PM

So the lead dev quit? Is that what happened?
gottabit

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:43:53 PM

anyone seen oldcoinguru lately? Would like to chat with him.
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:28:09 PM

The lead Dev just left Max's chat group. Max and his group has nothing to do with CHC except they bought it like they have bought other coins like PING and LINDA.

The last post of the Dev was that he was getting back to working on CHC and he hopes the real community stays by this coin since the pump and dumpers have moved on since they are on their new coin Linda so you just may need to post in that thread.

oldcoinguru

Activity: 176

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:44:16 PM

I'm here.  Just staying out of this drama. 
I hate drama. 
ethereum716

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:23:10 PM

The lead Dev just left Max's chat group. Max and his group has nothing to do with CHC except they bought it like they have bought other coins like PING and LINDA.

The last post of the Dev was that he was getting back to working on CHC and he hopes the real community stays by this coin since the pump and dumpers have moved on since they are on their new coin Linda so you just may need to post in that thread.

Who is the real community? From what I see this coin was at < 15 sats and basically no volume for 2 years.
gottabit

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:33:39 PM

I'm here.  Just staying out of this drama. 
I hate drama. 

What do you think is the "real" supply is now?
sotarules

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:19:08 PM

Random confirmed that he has been in touch directly with the lead Dev, and he said has no intention of quitting, he's still strongly behind CHC.

Also, Random said forget LINDA (actually he used stronger language), and explained that no one even knows anything about whether LINDA has been pre-mined and so on.  He did concede that he bought a little bit of LINDA at 3 sat and sold at 5 sat, but he's out, and he said that LINDA is the exact opposite of the kind of coin we should be focusing on.

Random is bullish on CHC, and he says hes going to accumulate more if it falls further.  He thinks that if we HODL, six months from now we'll be glad we did, and people not in the coin will be disappointed.

Random was talking about forming a group that would democratically select more coins with great features, research the hell out of them, talk about them, then agree to buy-and-HODL them together as a group.

BTW Random's address was very helpful and refreshing, I think he speaks for the HODL community at large. 
realbigs21024

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:42:53 PM

what happened here HOC scam the people or what wow what a scum bag sorry guys
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:38:46 AM

Random confirmed that he has been in touch directly with the lead Dev, and he said has no intention of quitting, he's still strongly behind CHC.

Also, Random said forget LINDA (actually he used stronger language), and explained that no one even knows anything about whether LINDA has been pre-mined and so on.  He did concede that he bought a little bit of LINDA at 3 sat and sold at 5 sat, but he's out, and he said that LINDA is the exact opposite of the kind of coin we should be focusing on.

Random is bullish on CHC, and he says hes going to accumulate more if it falls further.  He thinks that if we HODL, six months from now we'll be glad we did, and people not in the coin will be disappointed.

Random was talking about forming a group that would democratically select more coins with great features, research the hell out of them, talk about them, then agree to buy-and-HODL them together as a group.

BTW Random's address was very helpful and refreshing, I think he speaks for the HODL community at large. 

Yes, but there's one major problem here...

... Random is an absolute halfwit, and anything he says should be disregarded as if it were the ramblings of a child with learning difficulties.

Just saying.
Faeryl

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:43:23 AM

If I have learnt anything from this HODL movement it is that it doesnt work, because the "HODL community" only makes up say 10% of the price action, the other 90% is made up of whales, profit takers, and randoms following trending coins from coinmarket.cap. So when the market runs in either direction most people will do what comes naturally, buy into FOMO and sell on FUD.

1.Buy into the coin because some dude pumps it with a cult following.
2. You probably brought once it started to moon, or even at the top.
3. Everyone who isnt part of the cult checking trends on coinmarketcap throws in a bunch of money, it moons further.
4. Everyone suddenly realises a shitcoin with no roadmap aint worth 6 dollars.
5. Everyone cult and non cult rushes for the exits and the price dumps faster in 6 hours of brown pants action than the 6 days of fever pitch excitement it took to get there.
6. Oops you HODLED, now shitcoin x has reached its true value and your trapped having paid more for it.
7. Enjoy your bags, and preach the virtue of the coin so it gets pumped again so you can hopefully generously pass your bags onto some other sucker.
8. Listen with growing excitement as your guru preaches the value inherent in another coin, Linda.
9. The same mistakes cant happen again. Because this time its different. Power of community bro.
10. Repeat steps 1 to 9.

Wake up and dont buy coins that your guru loaded up on before he decided to generously let you in on the offer.
Dude wants to show his CHC balance to verify hes a HODLER and didnt pass 30k chaincoin onto his bagholder following. But he cant cos hackers, trolls, and ...dont want to be proven to be a scammer.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: