Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:36:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AnimeCoin [アニメコイン] ANI  (Read 192957 times)
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:42:57 AM

Serious question, not trying to be funny.

Should I stop solo mining?

I have been solo mining for about 9 1/2 hours today and have found 533 blocks so far. I have read about 51% attacks and forking coins and that is not my intentions.

I have about 17.7 Mh/s with 5 750ti's running.

If I need to stop or use less cards to avoid any issues please let me know asap.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:41:12 AM

I have been solo mining for about 9 1/2 hours today and have found 533 blocks so far. I have read about 51% attacks and forking coins and that is not my intentions.

If I need to stop or use less cards to avoid any issues please let me know asap.

Well, I am always CPU mining Animecoin (with the wallet), in order to contribute to the network. I don't think you are causing any damage to the network, as long as you haven't got any evil intentions Wink. Much to the contrary, you are contributing a lot, form my (layman's) point of view. I can only thank you for your help.

If, maybe, anyone else here do not agree with me, please let us know your opinions.

Thank you, antonio8 for sharing your concerns with us.

Please do your best. I am sure your intention is to contribute to Animecoin's growth, and I am very happy with it Smiley
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:06:31 AM

Well, I am always CPU mining Animecoin (with the wallet), in order to contribute to the network. I don't think you are causing any damage to the network, as long as you haven't got any evil intentions Wink. Much to the contrary, you are contributing a lot, form my (layman's) point of view. I can only thank you for your help.

If, maybe, anyone else here do not agree with me, please let us know your opinions.

Please do your best. I am sure your intention is to contribute to Animecoin's growth, and I am very happy with it Smiley

Thanks for the reply. I'll continue to solo for a few days then.

I consider myself a newb still so I don't even know what evil intentions are. I just mine a lot on Dedicated and people complain about how they can always 51% coins. I was just wanting to make sure I am not doing that.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
raganius

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:25:32 AM

I consider myself a newb still so I don't even know what evil intentions are. I just mine a lot on Dedicated and people complain about how they can always 51% coins. I was just wanting to make sure I am not doing that.

I would like to mine seriously, but I don't even know how to start it (for example, what equipment to buy, etc...). Miners are very important to a coin. I am very proud to know that you have chosen Animecoin. Thank you.

(As I understand it, the danger with 51% attack is the attacker "rebuilding" the blockchain (for example for double spending). But the attacker would not be possible to affect the whole deals happening on the network, for only the transactions in the blocks he was able to "exclude" form the original blockchain would be annulated. A good interview with Antonopoulos about this subject is here: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-125-51-solutions-and-zhou-tonged )
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:17:47 AM

I would like to mine seriously, but I don't even know how to start it (for example, what equipment to buy, etc...). Miners are very important to a coin. I am very proud to know that you have chosen Animecoin. Thank you.

(As I understand it, the danger with 51% attack is the attacker "rebuilding" the blockchain (for example for double spending). But the attacker would not be possible to affect the whole deals happening on the network, for only the transactions in the blocks he was able to "exclude" form the original blockchain would be annulated. A good interview with Antonopoulos about this subject is here: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-125-51-solutions-and-zhou-tonged )

I started off with 1 GTX 670 back in January of this year. I now have the 1 Gtx670, 13 Gtx750ti's, 1 R9 280x, 1 R9 270x and 1 R9 270. Had 2 7850 but sold those. Waiting for the GTX880's to come out.

For me the best bang for the buck is the GTX750 ti's. Low power usage (I can run 5 of these on a 550 watt power supply). And they mine like crazy. I am getting about 3,560 kh/s from each 750ti. I have been solo mining Anime today for 12 hours so far and found  690 out of 695 blocks.

I have 4 rigs and can run 5 cards on each with powered usb risers. My main rig runs the 670 on the board and 3 750 ti's on the riser to help the heat.

I hear the Asrock Pro BTC mobo is popular and cheap. I got almost all of mine's from Fry's as "defective" boards for $5 each.

Like I said, I still consider myself a newb and still learning but having a lot of fun doing all this.

raganius

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:22:32 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 05:46:42 PM by raganius

(...)

I started off with 1 GTX 670 back in January of this year. I now have the 1 Gtx670, 13 Gtx750ti's, 1 R9 280x, 1 R9 270x and 1 R9 270. Had 2 7850 but sold those. Waiting for the GTX880's to come out.

For me the best bang for the buck is the GTX750 ti's. Low power usage (I can run 5 of these on a 550 watt power supply). And they mine like crazy. I am getting about 3,560 kh/s from each 750ti. I have been solo mining Anime today for 12 hours so far and found  690 out of 695 blocks.

I have 4 rigs and can run 5 cards on each with powered usb risers. My main rig runs the 670 on the board and 3 750 ti's on the riser to help the heat.

I hear the Asrock Pro BTC mobo is popular and cheap. I got almost all of mine's from Fry's as "defective" boards for $5 each.

Like I said, I still consider myself a newb and still learning but having a lot of fun doing all this.

Yes, indeed, it seems fun. I will search it up and I will try to assemble a rig for me. The problem is that in my country everything is soooo expensive, even electricity. I also travel abroad quite a lot, but there's always the customs import limits :/ But I'll try... It's quite an expensive investment, anyway.

How about cloud mining? Would it work? Or, would it be profitable? I wonder.

antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:43:42 AM

(...)

For me the best bang for the buck is the GTX750 ti's. Low power usage (I can run 5 of these on a 550 watt power supply). And they mine like crazy. I am getting about 3,560 kh/s from each 750ti. I have been solo mining Anime today for 12 hours so far and found  690 out of 695 blocks.

Yes, indeed, it seems fun. I will search it up and I will try to assemble a rig for me. The problem is that in my country (Brazil) everything is soooo expensive, even electricity. I also travel abroad quite a lot, but there's always the customs import limits :/ But I'll try... It's quite an expensive investment, anyway.

I have never tried it but on a forum I am on people who do it and get the "right" coin at launch do well.

The tricky part is picking the "right" coin.

Those 750ti's burn under 60 watts per card. At least the non powered ones that I use. There are 6 pin connectors 750ti's but i don't use them.

I'll be honest. I have been lucky in picking coins. I treat them like stocks. Hold for the long term and and hope they build value.

Hope you find what is best for you.

raganius

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:46:51 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 05:47:00 PM by raganius

(...)

Yes, indeed, it seems fun. I will search it up and I will try to assemble a rig for me. The problem is that in my country everything is soooo expensive, even electricity. I also travel abroad quite a lot, but there's always the customs import limits :/ But I'll try... It's quite an expensive investment, anyway.

I have never tried it but on a forum I am on people who do it and get the "right" coin at launch do well.

The tricky part is picking the "right" coin.

Those 750ti's burn under 60 watts per card. At least the non powered ones that I use. There are 6 pin connectors 750ti's but i don't use them.

I'll be honest. I have been lucky in picking coins. I treat them like stocks. Hold for the long term and and hope they build value.

Hope you find what is best for you.

Thank you for all the info. No way you are a newbie Cheesy

I'll try mining also, and let you know.

If you need anything you can count on me, my friend Wink

Nice profits!
highlandknight

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:13:54 PM

an idea is to perhaps offer a animecoin payment to someone on odesk or some where to make us a video for the coin.
raganius

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:51:33 PM

an idea is to perhaps offer a animecoin payment to someone on odesk or some where to make us a video for the coin.

Sure, it is a nice idea. I didn't know odesk.com. Seems to be a nice place to find good services for our community. So, whenever we have enough balance in our crowdfund, it will be a good option. While we do not get there one of us (with the knowledge to perform this kind of service) could simply volunteer for this work, and it will be up to our community members to AnimeTip, anyway.

well my thoughts here. ani is fine the way it is. just needs some merchants useing it. 2 if we could find someone to make a exchanges a anime exchange that would raise this coin to where it should be. also a video ani style about the coin and where we want to take it would be a good idea as well
make a exchanges a anime exchange

Huh what
heh... if I understood you well... about ANI's price, I believe it will improve with due time. For that we would need a buying support much stronger then the Miner's selling pressure. It depends only on us... Maybe if each one of us introduces Animecoin to our friends, and bring them to the community, there will be more interest in using and buying Animecoin (for example each one of us could "create" an informal ANI market with our friends - after all, if we believe in Animecoin we naturally give enough value for it, enough to use it as a currency. With time, these informal markets would start to interconnect with each other... yes merchants are important, but we cannot depend on anyone else but only on ourselves)

* An idea that comes to my mind at this very moment: anyone of us can start a thread at the market section of this BTCTalk forum offering to sell anything fos ANIs. Anything that you eventually have (mangas would be great, or services, for example) that you would like to sell... so, instead of offering at ebay, for example, why not offer it here with a price in animecoins? It would work great, of course if the product or service offered is interesting for someone else, it will be sold, with the advantage that a buying pressure would be created for Animecoin. I might do this. Actually I have already tried to, offering to sell a Game Character I have (Tibia), but I guess it is against the (Tibia's?) rules, because my offer was deleted :/ (by the way, PM me if interested hehe)...

About the video idea, it is really a great idea, and very important. Actually it is one of our main goals. I do know some people who work with Animation here in my country, but they are professionals, and they want to earn $$$ for their work (it's very natural), unfortunatelly I cannot afford, and our CrowdFund, although wonderful, is not enough, because we are already engaged with the Android Wallet project... But those of us, members of the community, with enough talent (that's not my case hehe) could do it. I am sure that the other members would give plenty of AnimeTips Cheesy

I think I was able to comment on your idea, highlandknight, thank you so much for participating a lot here. You surelly help our community so much and we are so glad with that Smiley

Thank you too, isaevski, it's always good to have you here with us Wink

Cheers
ThePolo

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:25:29 AM

Hello!
Can you suggest me a working config?
After some time the wallet stuck and the only way to restart the connections is to close and reopen it.
Thanks! Smiley
raganius

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:23:08 PM

Hello!
Can you suggest me a working config?
After some time the wallet stuck and the only way to restart the connections is to close and reopen it.
Thanks! Smiley

Hello, ThePolo, I have also asked it here at the thread several times. Fortunatelly it has not been really necessary for me, as my Animecoin Wallet always connects without any problems, even without an "animecoin.conf" file. Please, have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423339.msg7711610#msg7711610

You can try something from try this one, as suggested by antonio8 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423339.msg6674051#msg6674051 )

Code:
rpcuser=youruser
rpcpassword=yourpass
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=23972
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
gen=1
genproclimit=-1

The only thing I'd alter would be in "rpcallowip=*", i'd prefer using "rpcallowip=localhost"

And, of course, some nodes. Try these:

Code:
addnode=112.169.90.169:1212
addnode=91.142.148.18:44301
addnode=217.23.10.247:1212
addnode=109.217.57.12:64987
addnode=5.9.158.79:35147
addnode=144.76.25.176:40454
addnode=96.43.130.251:1212
addnode=80.219.189.210:1212

It's good to have you here with us.

Smiley
ThePolo

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:52:47 PM

Yes, thank you very much this one works perfectly Smiley
raganius

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:43:39 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:14:04 AM by raganius

Yes, thank you very much this one works perfectly Smiley

Nice! You're welcome!

So, (thanks for ThePolo) now we have a (tested) working "animecoin.conf" for those eventually with problems connecting:

Code:
rpcuser=youruser
rpcpassword=yourpass
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=23972
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
gen=1
genproclimit=-1
addnode=112.169.90.169:1212
addnode=91.142.148.18:44301
addnode=217.23.10.247:1212
addnode=109.217.57.12:64987
addnode=5.9.158.79:35147
addnode=144.76.25.176:40454
addnode=96.43.130.251:1212
addnode=80.219.189.210:1212

Today I have also tested the tutorial by Ratanol (thanks), but It worked with some adaptations from me (see in red what I have done different):

OK here's a quick way to get a few droplets running on digital ocean: ( Instead of Digital Ocean, I have created a (1 year FREE) Amazon AWS EC2 )

Currently only the official miner is working, will update when improved version is good to go.

Sign up at https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=09b6de6e0fc8 ( in my case it was http://aws.amazon.com )

Create a droplet:

Set the host name
Select the cheapest $5/mo (or most expensive if you like)
Select "Debian 7.0 x64" which is Debian under the Linux Distributions tab ( I have chosen Ubuntu t2 )
Once created, you will receive an email with the IP address, username, and password.

Download putty from here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Enter the IP address of the server and connect.

Login with the details provided in the email.

Then paste in the following (line by line if you like)

( I had to do it as root, so: )

sudo passwd -l root
sudo su -

( then I have continued with the original tutorial: )

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get -y install automake autoconf build-essential bc curl dos2unix fail2ban git haveged
apt-get -y install libboost-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb++-dev libleveldb-dev libminiupnpc-dev libssl-dev m4 nano unzip vim
update-rc.d haveged defaults
service haveged start
dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16
mkswap /swapfile
swapon /swapfile
git clone https://github.com/Animecointeam/Anime-CPUMiner
cd Anime-CPUMiner/
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make
cp ./minerd /usr/local/bin/
apt-get -y install supervisor
mkdir -p /var/log/supervisor

touch /etc/supervisor/conf.d/anime.conf

exit

Then edit the file with:

sudo nano /etc/supervisor/conf.d/anime.conf

Paste in the following remembering to change the pool (-o), worker or address (-u) and password (-p)

Code:
[program:anime]
command=/usr/local/bin/minerd -a anime -o POOL -u WORKER_USERNAME -p WORKER_PASSWORD
stdout_logfile=/var/log/supervisor/%(program_name)s.log
stderr_logfile=/var/log/supervisor/%(program_name)s.log
autorestart=true

Press control-x and save

Code:
service supervisor start

This will start the mining. You can then monitor with:

Code:
tail -f /var/log/supervisor/anime.log

( As this last part, after the exit, has not worked for me - the miner has not started on its own - I had to use the command: )

screen ./minerd -a anime -o POOL -u WORKER_USERNAME -p WORKER_PASSWORD

( minerd started working all right )

Check everything looks ok, then shutdown the droplet:

Code:
shutdown now -h

This will terminate the putty session.

( I have done it differently, as I have used the command "screen": I just pressed <Ctrl>+<A>+<D> to leave the screen and )

exit

( to terminate the putty session )

Go back to the control panel on digitalocean, and create a snapshot.

You can then create 4 more droplets from this image. If you have unique worker names, you'll have to login and change them using the nano command above.

Now you have some hashes.

In the first seconds I already had a sign that it works: a 26.25641027 ANI mined credit:

Date                             TX Type     Status             Payment Address     TX#     Block #     Amount
2014-07-13 04:20:05     Credit        Unconfirmed                                              495017     26.25641027

So,this is it for Animecoin cloud mining using minerd + pool. Now I want to try cloud mining Animecoin solo, so I'll try installing animecoind in an Amazon AWS ubuntu. If I succeed I'll leave a tutorial in this thread Wink (or, if anyone was already able to do it, please, share your knowledge with us)
raganius

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:32:29 PM

Hello, my friends.

I am worried with Animecoin: no more posts, no more help, no more participations... My qt wallet used to be connected to 11, 15 nodes, now it's only finding 5 nodes!

What is going on?

Where is everyone? Is the community giving up?

I really hope not...

isaevski

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:56:16 PM

vote!!!! https://www.swisscex.com/voting

The number of votes is limited to three votes per hour for registered users.
DarkWolf

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:49:43 PM

Has the wallet been hard forked, because mine just doesn't seem to be updating? I'm connected but it just doesn't go past a certain block. Does anyone have a fix for me?
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:43:14 AM

Hello, my friends.

I am worried with Animecoin: no more posts, no more help, no more participations... My qt wallet used to be connected to 11, 15 nodes, now it's only finding 5 nodes!

What is going on?

I really hope not...

We should throw a bounty for take over. Change the hashing algo and add features. Anichan is a great girl, but she's no developer and has no idea what the market wants.
vinani

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:04:57 PM

Up up up ... going up
raganius

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:37:31 PM

Hello, my friends.

What is going on?

I really hope not...

We should throw a bounty for take over. Change the hashing algo and add features. Anichan is a great girl, but she's no developer and has no idea what the market wants.

はじめまして AizenSou-san, I've just sent you and testz-san a PM Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: