Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:22:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:10:01 PM

Its going to be $10000 per stake or more I think.

10% between all the developers is more than fair.

Maybe Im wrong, but if im right, that 15% is going to do some serious damage when it comes to promotion.

Then its going to just turn into a snowball.

And that snowball is going to roll down the hill so damn fast its going to hit investors right in the face, and money is going to come flying out of their pockets!!

This is when NEM will have the momentum and the power to do something special and give the power back to the people.

NEM has the leadership, design, resources, community, and philosophy necessary to execute its plans. NEM actually has the chance to reach its goals. And those goals are groundbreaking, refreshing, and ambitious. NEM reaching those goals will change the world. There's more than $10,000 at stake! Wink

10,000 per stake = 22BTC each.

22BTC * 4000 stakes = 88000BTC marketcap

Valuation = 40Million

You are saying it will have a market capitalization more than Dogecoin with their massive community.

That sounds way to optimisitic for a client that doesn't really add anything revolutionary to the table. (innovative yes)

Lets just settle at 10BTC per stake so we don't get disappointed.

What exactly are you refering to by "client" ? You do realize that NEM is about more than just a new fancy client right ?
Also who decides what is revolutionary ? In the end I guess history will decide but POI could very well be revolutionary - time will tell.

NXT has a similar market cap to DODGE so it's very possible that NEM can reach that as well.

No i am saying that their is no reason for the average bitcoiner to choose to use nem over bitcoin. Only way for that to happen imo is price stability. Also the average bitcoin user doesn't care if its POW. POS. POI only the technically minded care.

Hey i would love to see nem beat nxt, but just assuming it will creates expectations that can lead to disappointment.

Managing expectations is not bad, though I think we really are in a very fortunate situation at the moment.

Anyway, there are more reasons why the average bitcoiner would consider NEM, though NEM will arguably only compete with Bitcoin in the long run.

First we have to show we can conquer 1st place in the 2nd gen and altcoin league. After we make it clear that NEM is superior to any altcoin, we will inevitably go a level up. There

Things for which NEM could be the choice are the follwing:
1)Clear simplicity advantage and user friendliness compared to bitcoin and any other altcoin.
2)Increased efficiency and sustainability.
3)Ecosystem/utility

I think you guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment. If each stake is worth 1 BTC when it starts trading we did well.  It will start trading at full supply and there will be a bunch of stakeholders wanting to sell immediately. Just chill on the short-term price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onemorechance

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:27:46 PM

Its going to be $10000 per stake or more I think.

10% between all the developers is more than fair.

Maybe Im wrong, but if im right, that 15% is going to do some serious damage when it comes to promotion.

Then its going to just turn into a snowball.

And that snowball is going to roll down the hill so damn fast its going to hit investors right in the face, and money is going to come flying out of their pockets!!

This is when NEM will have the momentum and the power to do something special and give the power back to the people.

NEM has the leadership, design, resources, community, and philosophy necessary to execute its plans. NEM actually has the chance to reach its goals. And those goals are groundbreaking, refreshing, and ambitious. NEM reaching those goals will change the world. There's more than $10,000 at stake! Wink

10,000 per stake = 22BTC each.

22BTC * 4000 stakes = 88000BTC marketcap

Valuation = 40Million

You are saying it will have a market capitalization more than Dogecoin with their massive community.

That sounds way to optimisitic for a client that doesn't really add anything revolutionary to the table. (innovative yes)

What exactly are you refering to by "client" ? You do realize that NEM is about more than just a new fancy client right ?
Also who decides what is revolutionary ? In the end I guess history will decide but POI could very well be revolutionary - time will tell.

NXT has a similar market cap to DODGE so it's very possible that NEM can reach that as well.

No i am saying that their is no reason for the average bitcoiner to choose to use nem over bitcoin. Only way for that to happen imo is price stability. Also the average bitcoin user doesn't care if its POW. POS. POI only the technically minded care.

Hey i would love to see nem beat nxt, but just assuming it will creates expectations that can lead to disappointment.

Managing expectations is not bad, though I think we really are in a very fortunate situation at the moment.

Anyway, there are more reasons why the average bitcoiner would consider NEM, though NEM will arguably only compete with Bitcoin in the long run.

First we have to show we can conquer 1st place in the 2nd gen and altcoin league. After we make it clear that NEM is superior to any altcoin, we will inevitably go a level up. There

Things for which NEM could be the choice are the follwing:
1)Clear simplicity advantage and user friendliness compared to bitcoin and any other altcoin.
2)Increased efficiency and sustainability.
3)Ecosystem/utility

I think you guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment. If each stake is worth 1 BTC when it starts trading we did well.  It will start trading at full supply and there will be a bunch of stakeholders wanting to sell immediately. Just chill on the short-term price.

New here and watch with interest. 1btc/ 1stake is more than fine. I don't think it will get that though at least initially.
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:32:55 PM

Might i ask in the forth coming road map of NEM is there a political stance ?

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Yenog

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:03:17 PM

Decentralized anonymous and encrypted email system on top of nxt  Shocked

http://www.cryptamail.com/
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:09:14 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think- the price will be still high- cause when in one hand will be "stakeholders" wanting to sell immediately , then  in another hand will be many people which wanting to buy as more as can (CAUSE _THIS IS JUST BEGINNING OF GREAT PROJECT IN THE (CRYPTO)WORLD)

j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:05:03 AM

Almost 400 pages. Seems like yesterday this thread reached 200.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 03:15:25 AM

+1,Too high expectations are unrealistic

Overall picture. When bitcoin mkt. cap was over 10 billion it was still ridiculously low compared to money sloshing around in world markets.
When world markets start to come under serious pressure again the money inflows to crypto will be much bigger than before. Better quality crypto currencies to go to. If the developers Nem has are truly top class
 then Nem should compete with Btc. I expect to see at least 8 billion mkt cap for Nem in the next crisis.

Another point. Have sock puppets been refunded yet?

Yes, and I think we'll have another major crisis about next year, so NEM needs to be ready for that. An economy based on lies and greed can't last forever.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
suntek

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:25:53 AM

nxt only released AE, equity auction features not yet officially released, I believe, will be released in the near future.
ella766i

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:33:08 AM

When will it lunch? or beta test>?

jnuqsx

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:42:54 AM

Almost 400 pages. Seems like yesterday this thread reached 200.
+1,great community
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:10:00 AM

Whatever idea we use to auction off the stakes, I highly suggest that people dont need to have a nxt wallet or counterparty wallet, or  any other wallet other than BTC for that matter.

Why cant we just have everyone who wants to be a part of it, send one bitcoin to the "auction wallet". Everyone who makes this deposit is eligible to bid on the stake at hand.

If/when we reach 1 BTC, we pause and those who want to continue, sends another Bitcoin to the wallet and they can continue bidding.

And so on. This is the simplest way to do it. The winner gets the stake and we go to the next one, ans so on.

At the end we send back all the unused BTC to the participants.

This way people dont need to do anything special to become involved, and we dont have to set up anything fancy.

A bitcoin wallet, and an auction thread. Also, anyone can watch too.

Keep it simple.

What am I missing. Keep in mind I dont know a whole lot about counterparty or how this nxt thing you are talking about either. And my guess is a lot of other people dont either.

But they may want to learn about this stuff, and purchase a stake of a crypto 2.0 to learn how this stuff works in the future.

My fear is potential bidders will be scared away from the auction because they dont get how it works and/or may be embarrassed to say anything and stay away the whole thing.

As crazy as I may sound, if im thinking this way, so are many others

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
abofj

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:47:03 AM

Overall picture. When bitcoin mkt. cap was over 10 billion it was still ridiculously low compared to money sloshing around in world markets.
When world markets start to come under serious pressure again the money inflows to crypto will be much bigger than before. Better quality crypto currencies to go to. If the developers Nem has are truly top class
 then Nem should compete with Btc. I expect to see at least 8 billion mkt cap for Nem in the next crisis.

Yes, and I think we'll have another major crisis about next year, so NEM needs to be ready for that. An economy based on lies and greed can't last forever.

What signs of crisis u see? What is the source of it?  USA again? China, Europe? Ukraine?
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:12:21 AM

I haven't been here few days, what are the news?

YYY999

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:17:30 AM

Have to wait?
pkuqsq

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:31:29 AM

Have to wait?
to be patience, NEM worth the wait Grin

The future has come
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:44:45 AM

Have to wait?
to be patience, NEM worth the wait Grin

Seems like. Similar with Curecoin.

cupper5

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:01:49 PM

What signs of crisis u see? What is the source of it?  USA again? China, Europe? Ukraine?

It's simple,too much debt in the system with no chance of paying it off. We are now seeing it cracking up
at an increased rate.Free markets are being manipulated TOO MUCH. The strains cause problems everywhere including things like you mentioned. In the not
too distant future something will tip it all over the edge.
jacking

Activity: 64

jack

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:18:08 PM

Here's what I came up with for my logo submission.  The equals symbol icon is 16x16 for data sites.

are you serious?

I think you are serious.
yes?
Yes.

jacking

Activity: 64

jack

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:18:58 PM

It's simple,too much debt in the system with no chance of paying it off. We are now seeing it cracking up
at an increased rate.Free markets are being manipulated TOO MUCH. The strains cause problems everywhere including things like you mentioned. In the not

I am not in the list.
Who could give me some ?
I will pay you some BTC.

jluhxd

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:51:44 PM

I am not in the list.
Who could give me some ?
I will pay you some BTC.
Time to start the auction, you can buy more NEM, see how much you bid Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: