Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:29:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
jxmhqjg

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:30:36 AM

We're forming a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're looking members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

All interested, please send me email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or PM with your email address and I'll list you! Please include your bitcointalk username in the post.

For the record the SWARM team is not yet active, since there is no coin launched. We're forming the team now, so that we'll have it ready when the need comes.

E
+1, Cheesy

NEM is the future

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:48:36 AM

The discussion of wanting to get rid of fiat is not one worth having.  EVERYONE is on the same page.

We need to discuss how to make NEM grow.

I think we should build upon the strength of NEM and that is the distribution.

This wasn't "fairly" distributed only to people who invested in mining equipment.

It wasn't "fairly" distributed to only 20 something stake holders.

It is something new and different.  We have 3000 unique stake holders minus a few duplicates that slipped through.

We need to build on that reputation.  Distribution !  Lets distribute it further !

How is THIS accomplished?  No one wants to give up too much of their stake.  That is understandable, but this the "New Economy Movement".  It is meant for everyone.  Not select people who invested in mining equipment.  Not few who got in early.  Lets grow on this strength.

If we could make a phone app and give away 1k NEM to every phone # who installed it, I would easily donate 10 maybe 20% to this.

Maybe this app could be tied into some GPS utilizing game ?  Lets get the name out there and get wallets that work for anyone at any time.  This does not need to be an internet currency.  Lets do something different.  NXT asset exchange is neat, but NEM doesn't need to compete with that for now.  NEM needs to win hearts and minds.  Lets do that first !

As it is conceptualized the core team will primarily focus on NEM technical aspects and some key element of marketing. Most of marketing effort would be left to stakeholders so stakeholder activism is very important. I believe in stakeholder involvement, decentralized marketing and grassroot contribution. These would be the key to NEM eventual success.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:53:02 AM

We are looking for emerging stakeholder activists that can work independently  but also along side with the core team. Win the heart of 75% NEM stakeholders then you can be bigger than the core development team ;-)

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:20:51 PM

I want to participate, although I am not a really active user. So use me if you want  Grin

We are looking for emerging stakeholder activists that can work independently  but also along side with the core team. Win the heart of 75% NEM stakeholders then you can be bigger than the core development team ;-)
zsutbd

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:44:42 PM

The discussion of wanting to get rid of fiat is not one worth having.  EVERYONE is on the same page.

This wasn't "fairly" distributed only to people who invested in mining equipment.

It is something new and different.  We have 3000 unique stake holders minus a few duplicates that slipped through.

We need to build on that reputation.  Distribution !  Lets distribute it further !

How is THIS accomplished?  No one wants to give up too much of their stake.  That is understandable, but this the "New Economy Movement".  It is meant for everyone.  Not select people who invested in mining equipment.  Not few who got in early.  Lets grow on this strength.

If we could make a phone app and give away 1k NEM to every phone # who installed it, I would easily donate 10 maybe 20% to this.

Maybe this app could be tied into some GPS utilizing game ?  Lets get the name out there and get wallets that work for anyone at any time.  This does not need to be an internet currency.  Lets do something different.  NXT asset exchange is neat, but NEM doesn't need to compete with that for now.  NEM needs to win hearts and minds.  Lets do that first !

As it is conceptualized the core team will primarily focus on NEM technical aspects and some key element of marketing. Most of marketing effort would be left to stakeholders so stakeholder activism is very important. I believe in stakeholder involvement, decentralized marketing and grassroot contribution. These would be the key to NEM eventual success.
Stakeholders structure is complex, So in guiding them to participate in marketing activities, the need to specify the marketing direction determination, help to improve the enthusiasm of all stakeholders.

NEM:NCVE3G-VBES2G-H7QEUG-L25X6E-EGYSPC-3DMFXM-UIP7
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:00:07 PM

The discussion of wanting to get rid of fiat is not one worth having.  EVERYONE is on the same page.

It is something new and different.  We have 3000 unique stake holders minus a few duplicates that slipped through.

We need to build on that reputation.  Distribution !  Lets distribute it further !

How is THIS accomplished?  No one wants to give up too much of their stake.  That is understandable, but this the "New Economy Movement".  It is meant for everyone.  Not select people who invested in mining equipment.  Not few who got in early.  Lets grow on this strength.

Maybe this app could be tied into some GPS utilizing game ?  Lets get the name out there and get wallets that work for anyone at any time.  This does not need to be an internet currency.  Lets do something different.  NXT asset exchange is neat, but NEM doesn't need to compete with that for now.  NEM needs to win hearts and minds.  Lets do that first !

Stakeholders structure is complex, So in guiding them to participate in marketing activities, the need to specify the marketing direction determination, help to improve the enthusiasm of all stakeholders.

Don't worry, a lot of great things will come, some of these things are being prepared right now.

I think people will be a bit amazed once the snowball will begin to roll.
susu

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:00:27 PM

nem community has been very strong.

mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:13:32 PM

In order for NEM to succeed it needs to have services,  merchants need to accept NEM. If you have a business then accept NEM. NEM needs to be in the hands of as many average joes as possible,  so give NEM away for free to them, what's the point of telling them to trade one type of currency for another?  Give them a small amount so they can see how easy it is to use. Maybe setup a online "store" for them to buy NEM merchandise ie: hats, buttons,  stickers,  coffee mugs.
Cryptos need to grow outside of the crypto community in order for it to succeed.
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:45:27 PM

maybe what Im going to say will be dismissed as stupid idea. But I was thinking about creating some kind of manual for nemsters on how to proceed when you want to get service owner on board. Yes I see some negative preception of such ways (like I dont want to create an economic sect or net marketing or being Avon lady), still if I would like to get service owners to accept NEM, It would be very helpful for me to have some papers with advices and answers to potential questions or concerns they could have. Not everyone is naturally talented in persuation.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:51:35 PM

In order for NEM to succeed it needs to have services,  merchants need to accept NEM. If you have a business then accept NEM. NEM needs to be in the hands of as many average joes as possible,  so give NEM away for free to them, what's the point of telling them to trade one type of currency for another?  Give them a small amount so they can see how easy it is to use. Maybe setup a online "store" for them to buy NEM merchandise ie: hats, buttons,  stickers,  coffee mugs.
Cryptos need to grow outside of the crypto community in order for it to succeed.

That is the fatal question of crypto currencies ... all of them.
Until that they are just game pieces of speculators.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:57:30 PM

maybe what Im going to say will be dismissed as stupid idea. But I was thinking about creating some kind of manual for nemsters on how to proceed when you want to get service owner on board. Yes I see some negative preception of such ways (like I dont want to create an economic sect or net marketing or being Avon lady), still if I would like to get service owners to accept NEM, It would be very helpful for me to have some papers with advices and answers to potential questions or concerns they could have. Not everyone is naturally talented in persuation.

That's not a bad idea at all. Info material is something we will be creating very soon and obviously they can and should be used when approaching people.
This is not a bad idea it is something that will imho be very cruicial.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:59:45 PM

true .. also for me... this post is almost similar that I was going to write in another forum Smiley

I have tried to participate to one project but coz there were no manuals, not even one page quick guide, I'm quite near to skip that project. I may be far too long from the "pioneer" times Smiley
and I've used to create step-by-step (max 1 page) instructions to projects and so also got used to require similar quick guides, when being myself on the tester side.

It is strange how different people can be - tho they are in the same area and share the same interests Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awi14wDTxNw

dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:48:24 PM

I really like this idea.

The main problem is just the penetration of NEM.  It will only work for online shops for anywhere in the near future.  That is not something people want to hear, but it is reality.  Even with BTC and its penetration, the businesses accepting BTC are few and far in between.  Bars can work ok in tech hubs, because it will pull in extra customers.  Where else though ?  I few geeks who run businesses catering to the few geeks who want to use BTC.  (WHich I consider myself to be one of)

How do you build market penetration/demand ?  Having a dozen guys respond to messages on here with hype are not the answer. Doge seems to have done it by the tipping culture.  I think that is something easy to implement.  We need to work with small amounts .. get it flowing around.  I suggested a game of some sort.  Easily said though and very hard to do successfully.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 08:16:17 PM

We need to build on that reputation.  Distribution !  Lets distribute it further !

Maybe this app could be tied into some GPS utilizing game ?  Lets get the name out there and get wallets that work for anyone at any time.  This does not need to be an internet currency.  Lets do something different.  NXT asset exchange is neat, but NEM doesn't need to compete with that for now.  NEM needs to win hearts and minds.  Lets do that first !

I have similar feelings. Actually I'd like to distribute some NEMs once we'll be up and running, but not sure yet how, probably it'll be friends and family.

Regarding GPS game, I was thinking about geocaching (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching).

• Generate some random address
  • send some nems to it (i.e. 10_000)
  • put private key in a tube and hide it somewhere
  • post localization on one of the geo caching sites

edit I would neither say it's a private key nor I would leave any message how to access it, person would have to find it out by themself.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:17:28 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 08:53:52 PM by utopianfuture

NEM public auction explanation

---------------------------------------

155 NEM stakes will be put on a public auction (155 million NEM)

The auction will happen in Bitcoin blockchain and follow the multi unit auction format. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiunit_auction

How does it happen if X stakes are put on the auction ?

1. On the auction day, a Bitcoin escrow address will be revealed at a designated time.
2. Each transaction to the escrow address will be considered a bid for 1 stake. Two transactions from the same address to the escrow address will be considered two separate bids.
3. The auction will last at least 24 hours (but less than 36 hours).
4. Bidders could monitor the bidding process in real time via Blockchain.info
5. When the auction ends, X highest bidders (X biggest transactions) will win X stakes.
6. We will refund all non-winning bids minus the transaction fee and a service fee. All winning bids will receive back the difference between the winning bid price and lowest winning bid price minus the transaction fee and a service fee. Service fee is for the escrow service (for tallying and refunding the bids).
7. Example: there are 3 bids 1 btc, 1.2 btc and 2 btc and all are winning bids. Since 1 btc is the lowest winning bid price then bidders of 1.2 btc and 2 btc will win a stake and get a refund of 0.2 and 1 btc respectively.
8. There is a limit of two bids for each sending address and taint analysis will be used on the escrow address to make sure no address wins more than 2 stakes.
9. The sending address of the winning bid will be the identifier of the owner of the won stake. Therefore the winning bid sender should later provide a NEM address to receive the share via a signed message from the sending address. Signed message could be done via popular bitcoin wallets such as multibit, bitcoin-qt or blockchain.info.
10. Bidding recommendation: bidders should consider placing only 1 bid if they want to buy 1 stake and placing the highest bid that they are willing to buy. Since the buying price for all stakes will be equal to the minimum winning bid, there is no risk of over-paying for a stake.

-------------------------------------------

There will  be 10 stakes offered in the first test-run auction in about 2 weeks or so (it will be held on Saturday-Sunday frame) and we plan to offer regular auctions every week until close to the official launch. (open Alpha should be released before the auction)

Let me know if you want to be the escrow for the auction, you should follow all the above rules but being able to set the service fee yourselves. The entire service fee will go to the escrow and he will hold the fund for the winning bidders until NEM officially launch.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:25:25 PM

Also we will make an investor's handout or brochure (with more information) before the first auction .

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:36:44 PM

@up

Any word on listing nem tokens on nxt AE? Whats the general concensus?

not discussed yet. Is there really a demand to do so ?
mayby not demand from sellers. But how many people have said they want in since ipo closed?  Buyers far outwiegh sellers and i dnt think thats goin to change. The buyers will only get stronger as the further through development we get. Do your auction. Then list nem tokens so everyone with only a small aunt of coins can buy even a tiny peice of the pie,. It is no envy movement after all and it will be relLy nice for the smallest of buyers if they can feel like they got a good deal on cheap coins early on. The community will grow allot more aswell and thats a very good.

Okay let's see if there are enough demand to issue the tokens. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=616467.msg6821496#msg6821496

If there are enough people wanting to have the NEM stake tokens in Nxt asset exchange then we would proceed.   

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
NEM-Multi

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:47:21 PM

NEM public auction explanation

---------------------------------------

155 NEM stakes will be put on a public auction (155 million NEM)

The auction will happen in Bitcoin blockchain and follow the multi unit auction format. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiunit_auction

How does it happen if X stakes are put on the auction ?

1. On the auction day, a Bitcoin escrow address will be revealed at a designated time.
2. Each transaction to the escrow address will be considered a bid for 1 stake. Two transactions from the same address to the escrow address will be considered two separate bids.
3. The auction will last at least 24 hours (but less than 36 hours).
4. Bidders could monitor the bidding process in real time via Blockchain.info
5. When the auction ends, X highest bidders (X biggest transactions) will win X stakes.
6. We will refund all non-winning bids minus the transaction fee and a service fee. All winning bids will receive back the difference between the winning bid price and lowest winning bid price minus the transaction fee and a service fee. Service fee is for the escrow service (for tallying and refunding the bids).
7. Example: there are 3 bids 1 btc, 1.2 btc and 2 btc and all are winning bids. Since 1 btc is the lowest winning bid price then bidders of 1.2 btc and 2 btc will win a stake and get a refund of 0.2 and 1 btc respectively.
8. There is a limit of two bids for each sending address and taint analysis will be used on the escrow address to make sure no address wins more than 2 stakes.
9. The sending address of the winning bid will be the identifier of the owner of the won stake. Therefore the winning bid sender should later provide a NEM address to receive the share via a signed message from the sending address. Signed message could be done via popular bitcoin wallets such as multibit, bitcoin-qt or blockchain.info.
10. Bidding recommendation: bidders should consider placing only 1 bid if they want to buy 1 stake and placing the highest bid that they are willing to buy. Since the buying price for all stakes will be equal to the minimum winning bid, there is no risk of over-paying for a stake.

-------------------------------------------

There will  be 10 stakes offered in the first test-run auction in about 2 weeks or so (it will be held on Saturday-Sunday frame) and we plan to offer regular auctions every week until close to the official launch.

Let me know if you want to be the escrow for the auction, you should follow all the above rules but being able to set the service fee yourselves. The entire service fee will go to the escrow and he will hold the fund for the winning bidders until NEM officially launch.

Hey Guys

Your Guro UtpianFuture will play with you another few months Cheesy
Do you find it normal?
as long as you want you can hold out for?

Launch is never or, when all have fled or died.

So another couple of months NEM auction stakes, I laugh my limp.

congratulates your guru for his great performance

Guru you are kidding king of people
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 08:59:38 PM

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 09:01:09 PM

Hey Guys

Your Guro UtpianFuture will play with you another few months Cheesy
Do you find it normal?
as long as you want you can hold out for?

Launch is never or, when all have fled or died.

So another couple of months NEM auction stakes, I laugh my limp.

congratulates your guru for his great performance

Guru you are kidding king of people

hi nem-multi

i dont know lot about utopian future
but i can read ur posting history and can see how u selling NEM shares on german btt forum part
that time promoting NEM as a great opportunity and worth every cent they bid for it....

i guess everyone can build his own picture of such behavior

u proven to talk with two tongue
lets see about utopioan future

i think it would be a waste of such a big movement to not deliver
maybe they late with coding
maybe they wana avoid copycoins pre release

i did invest 0,1 btc and the chance to be part of what NEM could be is worth every cent of it

i did bet lot more on coins with lot less potential

u know

statistic say one cant always lose Wink

i guess its time to win  Cool

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Pages: « 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: