Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
norti

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:02:05 AM

This is really great! We should make a "white" version too.
This is such a great design that we could probably make t-shirts/leather jackets with this coin on it.

Thank you for the kind words! Looking forward to see the first NEM leather jacket. Cheesy

I have also added a light design:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7400/12316730113_bbf4402f3a_n.jpg
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:10:03 AM

So am I the only one who has associated the acronym POS with something other than proof of stake for decades???

No.  And I thought the whole point of strong crypto was to make it impossible to forge blocks.

Point being that if NEM truly is marketing to the myriad of girlfriends, toddlers, and dogs that make up a large portion of the stakeholders, might try to not use acronyms the rest of the world uses for something different.

This would garner a laugh but no serious attention from most of the US population that saw it.

POS works like "No Envy Movement".  Without being knowledgable about altcoin world, no one has any clue what the "envy" relates to.

In the same regard, the use of POS usually stands for piece of s***.  This is what will pop out in many American's head who sees it outside altcoin context.  At least it will be more common than "proof of stake".

We have been considering moving away from a pure-POS forging mechanism and creating a hybrid POS/proof-of-network (PON) forging scheme that will better reward the people running NEM nodes since each node adds value and redundancy to the NEM network.

That sounds pretty great !

Regarding the videos:

I think on of them states tham nem is completely anonymous which is simply false so we might not put this video out there.

indijim

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:22:12 AM

Any idea when NEM will be released?
patmast3r

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:28:06 AM

No ETA yet. Registration will be closed around 3k stakeholders. We're currently around 2k.

indijim

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:33:31 AM

No ETA yet. Registration will be closed around 3k stakeholders. We're currently around 2k.

Wasn't it originally 4,000? Did they say they will end it sooner? Not that I'm complaining.
patmast3r

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:42:07 AM

Wasn't it originally 4,000? Did they say they will end it sooner? Not that I'm complaining.

The max cap is still 4k but there are thoughts that 3k may be the optimal number but there is no fixed goal afaik.

Thyrumax

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:51:36 AM

We have been considering moving away from a pure-POS forging mechanism and creating a hybrid POS/proof-of-network (PON) forging scheme that will better reward the people running NEM nodes since each node adds value and redundancy to the NEM network.

Great Idea! This is going to be fantastic! Will this delay the development? How hard is it to code that?

and another thing for our sw dev team... we seriously should consider using more complex addresses that incorporate error detecting codes that forging nodes can verify, so the forging node can reject a transmission should a sending node develop memory errors, and so the network can reject a forging node's block should the forging node develop memory errors.

Imagine the scenario were a high volume server that processes TONS of transactions and that server starts going bad...

+1
Please make addresses with some sort of error correction built in.

When I read what you guys are planing and saying I truly believe there is extremely bright future for NEM. I'm translating and hoping to join the community as a stake holder soon. I don't have money but I hope translating will suffice to enter.

Question: How come price of NXT is so stable?
I see that Vertcoin went up significantly in the past few days and what it brings to the table is not comparable at all what nxt has now.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:58:05 AM

This is such a great design that we could probably make t-shirts/leather jackets with this coin on it.

Thank you for the kind words! Looking forward to see the first NEM leather jacket. Cheesy

Really cool, but can we get a "flat" version. Like something that would feel at home in iOS. Also, can you make a version without the coin, but just the 8 lines representing NEM? Actually, I was sketching logos last night and came up with the same idea as you, representing NEM with the 8 lines. I think it is the way to go for a logo.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
indijim

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:59:49 AM

Edit: This was meant as a reply to Patmast3r.

It's a lot of work going through that whole list, and at this point things seem to have slowed down a bit, so perhaps they should ended a bit earlier. Since most people buying a stake now probably bought some before.

There's still a lot of people who don't know about Cryptocurrencies, but have PayPal that I'm trying to talk some people into buying NEM. It's all too complicated for them, but for the price I wouldn't feel right if this coin became popular and they missed out.

So I would suggest to close the registration the way it currently is and only allow new people that have PayPal. That way we get more people new blood into Cryptocurrency through NEM. We would all benefit more that way. And with PayPal a person cannot create multiple accounts. I believe Utopianfuture will probably get to see their real name, perhaps home address.

norti

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:06:08 AM

Really cool, but can we get a "flat" version. Like something that would feel at home in iOS. Also, can you make a version without the coin, but just the 8 lines representing NEM? Actually, I was sketching logos last night and came up with the same idea as you, representing NEM with the 8 lines. I think it is the way to go for a logo.

I am not really a fan of flat designs to be honest, but I will create a flat version as well when I am home again.

As for the 8 lines, I think one nice thing about it is that you can easily reproduce it, as the "trigram for heaven" character (☰) is part of unicode charsets:
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2630/index.htm
patmast3r

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:13:04 AM

Edit: This was meant as a reply to Patmast3r.

It's a lot of work going through that whole list, and at this point things seem to have slowed down a bit, so perhaps they should ended a bit earlier. Since most people buying a stake now probably bought some before.

There's still a lot of people who don't know about Cryptocurrencies, but have PayPal that I'm trying to talk some people into buying NEM. It's all too complicated for them, but for the price I wouldn't feel right if this coin became popular and they missed out.

So I would suggest to close the registration the way it currently is and only allow new people that have PayPal. That way we get more people new blood into Cryptocurrency through NEM. We would all benefit more that way. And with PayPal a person cannot create multiple accounts. I believe Utopianfuture will probably get to see their real name, perhaps home address.

I think today the ads on reddit should go online so things should speed up again soon Smiley
Also there is a possiblity to buy in via PayPal but it's a lot of work for utopian.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:14:50 AM

I hope we're not ciritzizing you too much - Just wan't to get it right Smiley
Shouldn't the top and bottom of the letters be aligned ? I don't know if it would still fit into the coin if the "spread" is kept equal for all letters but the "E" currently looks a bit unaligned (I guess you wanted to keep the space between the lines equal).

norti

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:24:17 AM

Was it on prupose to not perfectly align the lines ? I feel like the "E" is supposed to move up a bit.

Constructive criticism is always highly welcome. Smiley
Yes it is not perfectly aligned, I have tried to keep it simply and reproducable by using the arial unicode ms font. I will check this evening if there are nicer options to align the lines.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:06:59 AM

Shouldn't the top and bottom of the letters be aligned ? I don't know if it would still fit into the coin if the "spread" is kept equal for all letters but the "E" currently looks a bit unaligned (I guess you wanted to keep the space between the lines equal).

Wasn't there some common consensus to AVOID "coin-like" image?

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:46:05 AM

I think there is nothing wrong with a coin-like design. I kind of like it. However, it should not be the only design, but rather there should be a non-coin logo as well.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
therealbigcoin

Activity: 729
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:34:09 AM

I cant find me in the stakeholder list but paid 0.05 BTC whats wrong?
highscore

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:35:59 AM

I will talk to Jaguar tonight. As said earlier, hard cap is 4000 but I think 3000 is more manageable logistically. We are about at 2100-2200 now so it takes about 40-50 pages more to reach the target stakeholders around 3000. But then we would need to delete duplicate accounts and unqualified accounts so the total would drop a bit.  
You talk about?
patmast3r

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:37:00 AM

On which page are you in the registration thread. The list is manually updated and may just not be up-to-date.

SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:11:02 AM

Can someone put a Y in front of my registration entry at line 1085 in the "NEM Stakeholder list" ?
Kooream, utopianfuture ?

Here is the link :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.msg4787819#msg4787819
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:17:56 AM

Where is your post?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: