Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:04:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
check07

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:58:30 PM

I would have an even better suggestion!

If you go with a smaller exchange, as for example vircurex what could negotiate, for example, that vircurex will be the exclusive - exchange for 1 month or so would be, they would take Nem determined at launch!

Nem is yes to fair distribution, as well as with the stakeholders, it should be also having a decentralized exchange!

That would really be a great launch!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:00:40 PM

I think a decentralised exchange (asset exchange) on release would be amazing. Then there'd be no need for NEM to be accepted on a centralised exchange to begin trading; it can happen immediately.

Thoughts on this?

It would be great but you still need an exchange as a fallback.
Also there is a bounty open on a fiat to NEM Service which would be a huge deal since this is something I think no other crypto has (besides BTC and maybe LTC obviously).
I know very little about the details of opening an exchange such as this, but I'm under the impression it's extremely difficult; not technically, but in terms of getting tied up in all sorts of legal trash... essentially it's not really worth it unless your exchange is likely to get lots f volume.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:06:36 PM

If you go with a smaller exchange, as for example vircurex what could negotiate, for example, that vircurex will be the exclusive - exchange for 1 month or so would be, they would take Nem determined at launch!

Nem is yes to fair distribution, as well as with the stakeholders, it should be also having a decentralized exchange!

That's an awesome idea! How could we make this come about? That'd be great!

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
check07

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:11:38 PM

Thank you! Yes, I think that's a great idea, that would really be a very fair distribution! And I think a small exchange as vircurex would agree immediately!

Could we say that a Nem-admin?
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:13:12 PM

Thank you! Yes, I think that's a great idea, that would really be a very fair distribution! And I think a small exchange as vircurex would agree immediately!

Could we say that a Nem-admin?

Can't any exchange add whatever coin they like though? It's all open-source... What would stop any other exchange adding NEM?

check07

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:18:00 PM

Since I know myself unfortunately too little! We should be hearing what eg utopianfuture says that?

When next it has indeed taken a long time until it was listed on other exchanges! And when would be communicated to vircurex before launch details so that they can prepare to manage the other exchanges not in such a short time;)
Stadtfeger

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:24:53 PM

you what you all are greedy for money, there are more important things first.
check07

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:29:09 PM

So important things like your comment for example Huh
bitinsta

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:32:01 PM

Since I know myself unfortunately too little! We should be hearing what eg utopianfuture says that?

When next it has indeed taken a long time until it was listed on other exchanges! And when would be communicated to vircurex before launch details so that they can prepare to manage the other exchanges not in such a short time;)

it is too early, they're still writing the codes.
check07

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:37:50 PM

it is too early, they're still writing the codes.

Yes, I understand that too! But the idea has come to me now, sorry for that...
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:57:07 PM

I think a decentralised exchange (asset exchange) on release would be amazing. Then there'd be no need for NEM to be accepted on a centralised exchange to begin trading; it can happen immediately.

Thoughts on this?

Also there is a bounty open on a fiat to NEM Service which would be a huge deal since this is something I think no other crypto has (besides BTC and maybe LTC obviously).
I know very little about the details of opening an exchange such as this, but I'm under the impression it's extremely difficult; not technically, but in terms of getting tied up in all sorts of legal trash... essentially it's not really worth it unless your exchange is likely to get lots f volume.

Yep that's pretty much it. Many people have tried providing a service where you can buy cryptos via PayPal and it usually takes less than a month for PayPal to shut it down. The only service I know that is still able to sell BTC for PayPal is virwox.

TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:14:00 PM

Thoughts on this?

Yep that's pretty much it. Many people have tried providing a service where you can buy cryptos via PayPal and it usually takes less than a month for PayPal to shut it down. The only service I know that is still able to sell BTC for PayPal is virwox.

Despite it's difficulty I think it's something the NEM community should really push for, even if it takes a long time. Obviously getting NEM on crypto exchanges is a priority, but we shouldn't brush it aside.

ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:17:07 PM

Marketing NEM after fundraising

Ok Nem has done a good job attracting stakeholders with its initial equal distribution plan but what happens after the close of the fundraising?  Why would people choose to invest in NEM( apart from being a great coin ) instead of the other 100 or more crypto currencies when the carrot of a million Nem per stake no longer exists.

We need to think of ways to differentiate Nem from the competition. The following are few ideas that occurred in my mind.

- The wallet should contain a small amount of NEM( 100Nem?) to entice people to download the wallet to properly see just how much better it is compared to other cryptos.

- Stake holders should band together and sponsor good causes for goodwill. Raising money to help buy medical supply for our unfortunate friends in Syria, Sudan is a great way to do good while helping NEM cause too.

- Start a Nem community market with goods sole priced in NEM.

- start a fundraising campaign to get a 10-20 sec commercial on bbc,cnn( if allowed)

any other ideas you guys can think of?  

suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:25:33 PM

Fundraising updates: As we are moving past page 70, I would like to announce a few updates going forward.

- Given the our targets in funding and the number of stakeholders, the fundraising will stop after page 90 of registration thread 2. After that there will be a public auditing of the stakeholder list based on the public information in the two registration threads including account names and transaction records. Every NEM stakeholders are invited to look at the records for mistakes and discrepancies; we will also apply the disclaimer "the development team reserves the right to refund you the money if an effort to unfairly accumulate NEM stakes is discovered" to refund big multi-accounters based on the taint analysis results. Details about this process will be published after the fundraising is over at page 90.    

- Details about the management of development stakes as well as development fund will also be published after page 90. There will be a refund period after this announcement so if you don't like the way funding for development is handled you can get a refund.

- Promotional stakes will be open again but to veteran accounts (open before the fundraising and has activity >20) only.

- An interesting statistics about our stakeholders' population will be published soon.

Thanks for supporting NEM. We will be a great community.

Good news, looking forward to an update.
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:30:50 PM

The wallet should contain a small amount of NEM( 100Nem?) to entice people to download the wallet to properly see just how much better it is compared to other cryptos.

Interesting. I like this idea; you can imagine news spreading across the internet - "FREE MONEY if you download the NEM wallet!". I think that could potentially be killer. Very doable.

Stake holders should band together and sponsor good causes for goodwill. Raising money to help buy medical supply for our unfortunate friends in Syria, Sudan is a great way to do good while helping NEM cause too.

This is quite achievable and something we should certainly attempt to do; it is, of course, what blasted DOGE to fame. Very doable.

Start a Nem community market with goods sole priced in NEM.

This will require more effort than you think, but it's a good idea none the less. Possibly doable in the future.

Start a fundraising campaign to get a 10-20 sec commercial on bbc,cnn( if allowed)

I think this will cost a LOT of money, but obviously achievable. The BBC don't have adverts, so other networks will have to be used. I'm not entirely sure how much 20-30 second ads are to take out (I think about £50/$80k?), but they can probably get quite expensive, especially during primetime. If enough people pool together, very doable.

These are some great ideas! If just these four ideas were delivered then NEM will be blasted into fame.

Xpedite

Activity: 258

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:39:01 PM

Marketing NEM after fundraising

Ok Nem has done a good job attracting stakeholders with its initial equal distribution plan but what happens after the close of the fundraising?  Why would people choose to invest in NEM( apart from being a great coin ) instead of the other 100 or more crypto currencies when the carrot of a million Nem per stake no longer exists.

We need to think of ways to differentiate Nem from the competition. The following are few ideas that occurred in my mind.

- The wallet should contain a small amount of NEM( 100Nem?) to entice people to download the wallet to properly see just how much better it is compared to other cryptos.

- Stake holders should band together and sponsor good causes for goodwill. Raising money to help buy medical supply for our unfortunate friends in Syria, Sudan is a great way to do good while helping NEM cause too.

- Start a Nem community market with goods sole priced in NEM.

- start a fundraising campaign to get a 10-20 sec commercial on bbc,cnn( if allowed)

any other ideas you guys can think of?  

The distribution is something that will have a huge effect on promotion. Due to the amount of stakeholders there should be an active community once the whole thing kicks off.  I am convinced that this is what makes the difference between another useless coin that is destined to extinguish from the beginning and something like dogecoin which is a coin which will make alot of people go  Shocked  this year and the main reason for this is the comunity behind it. 
Xpedite

Activity: 258

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:46:07 PM

NEM is not planned to be a fork of NXT anymore but rather NEM code bases would be re-written completely based on the best ideas in Bitcoin and NXT plus its own innovations.

This is certainly the best news for NEM since introduction!  Grin
I think there is little interest in a NXT clone (even with an optimised distribution), but the way NEM is evolving is just very promising IMHO!

Oh and I still have a question:

Is there a way to develop NEM to prevent the recent problems with Bitcoin (Mt.Gox issues)?
See this article: http://www.coindesk.com/price-drops-mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-flaw-withdrawal-delays/
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:52:13 PM

NEM is not planned to be a fork of NXT anymore but rather NEM code bases would be re-written completely based on the best ideas in Bitcoin and NXT plus its own innovations.

This is certainly the best news for NEM since introduction!  Grin
I think there is little interest in a NXT clone (even with an optimised distribution), but the way NEM is evolving is just very promising IMHO!

THIS.
IS.
ABSOLUTE.
AWESOMENESS.

NEM - New Economy Movement
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:55:20 PM

This is certainly the best news for NEM since introduction!  Grin

THIS.
IS.
ABSOLUTE.
AWESOMENESS.

NEM is just turning out to be great in general! Cheesy

upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:57:52 PM

@ TauMuon

The community is just the killer.
because there is ...
NO ENVY! Smiley

NEM - New Economy Movement
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: