Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:05:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
puipamchi21

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:33:59 PM

Right thing to do
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:40:38 PM

I temporarily took 2Kool4Skewl from NEM stakeholder list as I understand that he does not want to be there. In the first 20 pages of the fundraising, many people do not entirely understand about the scope as well as purpose of NEM so it was easy just to post "interested" there by a mistake. Contrary to what used to be in the first page of the fundraising thread , NEM do offer refund after the announcement of detail development plan (probably in 2 weeks or so) so if someone does not feel they fit in with NEM community, they can leave voluntarily.

As written in ournem.com, at this stage NEM is first of all a community of which people share a certain ideas and goals and we going to build NEM/ Nemcoin as our decentralized payment platform together as we go along. I see no reason to keep people that are unhappy with NEM and this approach. There are no coins to share yet so it is not like we are taking anything from anyone. If 2Kool4Skewl wants to join back in, just say so before I make the unified stakeholder list and I will add him in.  

The majority of NEM funding comes from Bitcoin and only about 30% of NEM stakeholders appear in NXT discussion before (see an excellent statistics by newcn) so I see NXT and NEM having quite a different demographics, also different technology and purposes. While I think there is a certain aspect of competition between the two blockchain, we can learn from each others as well. Some are developers of both NXT and NEM and they work across the aisle and I think that is a good thing. It will help advancing experiments and innovations in more directions. Compared to Bitcoin and other POW coins, NXT and NEM have more similarity and we can join force to emphasize our strength in a green economical network and highlight the problems with the computational arm-races used by Bitcoin and other POW coins. Let's focus on cooperation and innovation instead of envy and hatred as that are also  NEM's core concepts and principles.

BTW, we appreciate active participants much more than passive ones/ investors. So contact me if you want to help in any way. Thanks.

Nice statement! NEM and NXT can perfectly coexist. There is no need for trolling (on one or the other sense)

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
puipamchi21

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:43:17 PM

Nice statement! NEM and NXT can perfectly coexist. There is no need for trolling (on one or the other sense)

Yes, but NXT community should realise this. Think they are jealous
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:13:37 PM

Yes, but NXT community should realise this. Think they are jealous

Quite a few people that are NEM stakeholders are also part of the NXT community in more or less important ways. At first NEM looked like a clone that was going to feed of NXTs success like a parasite. Unfortunately not many took a closer look to see what it really is.
I think you can clearly see that 2Kewl hasn't taken much time to do research on NEM and therefore assumed it's just another clone.
It's the same with people that hate on Ripple saying how centralized and crappy it is. Some people just take the easy way out and hate everything new that they don't know.

contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:15:40 PM

I temporarily took 2Kool4Skewl from NEM stakeholder list as I understand that he does not want to be there. In the first 20 pages of the fundraising, many people do not entirely understand about the scope as well as purpose of NEM so it was easy just to post "interested" there by a mistake. Contrary to what used to be in the first page of the fundraising thread , NEM do offer refund after the announcement of detail development plan (probably in 2 weeks or so) so if someone does not feel they fit in with NEM community, they can leave voluntarily.

As written in ournem.com, at this stage NEM is first of all a community of which people share a certain ideas and goals and we going to build NEM/ Nemcoin as our decentralized payment platform together as we go along. I see no reason to keep people that are unhappy with NEM and this approach. There are no coins to share yet so it is not like we are taking anything from anyone. If 2Kool4Skewl wants to join back in, just say so before I make the unified stakeholder list and I will add him in.  

The majority of NEM funding comes from Bitcoin and only about 30% of NEM stakeholders appear in NXT discussion before (see an excellent statistics by newcn) so I see NXT and NEM having quite a different demographics, also different technology and purposes. While I think there is a certain aspect of competition between the two blockchain, we can learn from each others as well. Some are developers of both NXT and NEM and they work across the aisle and I think that is a good thing. It will help advancing experiments and innovations in more directions. Compared to Bitcoin and other POW coins, NXT and NEM have more similarity and we can join force to emphasize our strength in a green economical network and highlight the problems with the computational arm-races used by Bitcoin and other POW coins. Let's focus on cooperation and innovation instead of envy and hatred as that are also  NEM's core concepts and principles.

BTW, we appreciate active participants much more than passive ones/ investors. So contact me if you want to help in any way. Thanks.

Thank you for your leadership on this matter. I support your response as it was swift and effective. Also it was fair as you gave him the chance to get with the program and stop trolling. I am all for people being able to voice their opinions, however this was much more than that and it became very clear he had his own agenda on this matter.

Thanks again!!!
chenmeilin

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:21:10 PM

Hello all!
I suggest using this logo for NEM. This is not a coin, it is necessary to deviate from a circular shape.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ViEyNAdjQXc/UwX-9x0pCEI/AAAAAAAABW8/b_ya6okDsmY/w500-h709-no/nem.jpg

I love this! Nicely done! Smiley
Nice logo,i love it
sjarkara

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:22:40 PM

Well said. I totally agree. As for your appreciation for active members, I am reading this Forum for many months now, butt never became a member because as a coffee shop owner I have no programming skills and no designer skills. Further I prefer to read what members with knowledge of crypto currency have to tell then to add my own nonsense. I'm into Btc and people can actually pay with Btc in my shop. I'll be the first to accept NEM, because I really like the principles of this new direction you guys are taking this.

Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:25:41 PM

mmmnope.

Xpedite, stop talking about refunds. There are people that will believe you are some official voice here.

I never intended to represent any official opinion. I was just sharing my own opinion,and to quote myself:

I honestly believe everyone is entitled to his own opinion and sharing opinions is something we have to encourage at all time! We can all learn from eachother and sometimes " agree to disagree" is the best solution.

Basicly with the suggestion for refund I was just referring to what UP said before :

The development team still has the right to refund anyone not happy with NEM community/ movement. You could voluntarily leave too if that what you want.

With regards to the relation between NEM and NXT:

To this I would like to add that we are still No Envy Movement!

I hope I am not misunderstood by this post. My intentions are to help resolve issues in a constructive way! In the end it's the development team and in particular UP that makes the decisions and he made the right one as far as I am concerned.

TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:43:01 PM

Well said. I totally agree. As for your appreciation for active members, I am reading this Forum for many months now, butt never became a member because as a coffee shop owner I have no programming skills and no designer skills. Further I prefer to read what members with knowledge of crypto currency have to tell then to add my own nonsense. I'm into Btc and people can actually pay with Btc in my shop. I'll be the first to accept NEM, because I really like the principles of this new direction you guys are taking this.

That is spectacular! It's one thing having an innovate crypto, but having places to spend it and use it as an actual currency will solidify and strengthen it's position in the crypto world. It's just awesome people like you are already considering accepting NEM as payment barely a month after it's announcement. It's giving me high hopes for NEM's future. Kudos!

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:50:46 PM

I can't believe that by simply asking how Nem differs from Nxt it caused this reaction.  I'm not trolling.  I still don't understand how Nem is different from Nxt.  I heard that Nem is different because you're translating the code.  I don't think that's innovative.  I think POI is a flawed concept.  I'm not sure what is meant by "different types of node", maybe someone can enlighten me.

The only thing you did by removing me as a stakeholder was to consolidate the currency further.  The good thing about Nxt's initial distribution is that at that time hardly anyone was interested and therefore I believe the stakes belong to different people.  After the clones started and distribution was meted out simply by an "interested" comment, you had a lot of bitcointalk accounts posting "interested" that are controlled by the same individual.  This isn't my biggest concern with Nem, but I don't think it is good.

My main concern is that Nem and Nxt have the exact same stated goal: "The creation of a new economic movement."  I full-heartedly support this objective.  I do not believe a division of resources best serves this purpose.

I also don't like to see people giving away their Nxt for nothing, which at this time, is what they have done.  They have given it away for the promise of something in the future.  When I posted "interested", I didn't know that Nem was going to start collecting Nxt and Btc.  I think this collection is unethical, because I can't see anything worthy of a dev fund.

I try to be honest and fair in all my dealings.  My intent is to strengthen "the new economic movement" not destroy it.  I know the true economic movement was started with NXT by BCNext and I will support it to the end.  Remember, I am the one that stated, "Do not mistake us as just another cryptocurrency.  We are a movement."

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Bkcrewxxx

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:51:56 PM

I might do some advertising on the btc-e trollbox. Does anyone know of any legit chatbots? I think I could get some people in here if we promises a small Nem giveaway for people joining up.
Xpedite

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:53:23 PM

That is spectacular! It's one thing having an innovate crypto, but having places to spend it and use it as an actual currency will solidify and strengthen it's position in the crypto world. It's just awesome people like you are already considering accepting NEM as payment barely a month after it's announcement. It's giving me high hopes for NEM's future. Kudos!

+1
So the first real life transaction could happen quite fast.
That would be a nice media campaign allready!
puipamchi21

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:59:25 PM

I try to be honest and fair in all my dealings.  My intent is to strengthen "the new economic movement" not destroy it.  I know the true economic movement was started with NXT by BCNext and I will support it to the end.  Remember, I am the one that stated, "Do not mistake us as just another cryptocurrency.  We are a movement."

Ha! True economic movement was started by BCNext by closing IPO earlier and giving all 1 billion NXT to 21 members.
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:04:11 PM

Ha! True economic movement was started by BCNext by closing IPO earlier and giving all 1 billion NXT to 21 members.

You obviously confuse freedom from centralized economic systems with equal distribution to all.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:10:54 PM

I am the one that stated, "Do not mistake us as just another cryptocurrency.  We are a movement."

was that your statement?
almoche

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

I see we have a strong German clique here  Smiley

YES  Wink
I´m happy to be a part of NEM and looking forward to the further development of this currency.
Nice greetings from Berlin, Germany
Xpedite

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:18:04 PM

The only thing you did by removing me as a stakeholder was to consolidate the currency further.

I will not respond to the rest of your comment (this has gone far enough) but ...
You have not been permanently removed as a stakeholder:

If 2Kool4Skewl wants to join back in, just say so before I make the unified stakeholder list and I will add him in.   

Istanbul34

Activity: 232

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:19:44 PM

2Kool4Skewl

Are you interested to be part of NEM or not?

If no; Good luck with NXT.

If yes; UP will add you to the list and we create some innovative stuff together. Remember that NEM is still being built. So anything is possible.

Let us know your answer.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:20:50 PM

You obviously confuse freedom from centralized economic systems with equal distribution to all.

Appears to be a movement where 9 users hold 76% of all Nxt.   Wonderful!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:22:24 PM

I am the one that stated, "Do not mistake us as just another cryptocurrency.  We are a movement."

was that your statement?

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,474.msg25154.html#msg25154

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: