Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:02:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
zsutbd

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:43:45 AM

ALPHA LAUNCH IS SOONER THAN WE THINK.

BETA LAUNCH IS SOONER THAN WE THINK.

Dear Friend! This is lovely sounds, I also hope that it will be soon... but Where did You take this info(SOONER) ?

Tempus fugit.
The NEM's footsteps getting closer....

NEM:NCVE3G-VBES2G-H7QEUG-L25X6E-EGYSPC-3DMFXM-UIP7
zsutbd

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:46:23 AM

ALPHA LAUNCH IS SOONER THAN WE THINK.

BETA LAUNCH IS SOONER THAN WE THINK.

Dear Friend! This is lovely sounds, I also hope that it will be soon... but Where did You take this info(SOONER) ?

Tempus fugit.
The NEM's footsteps getting closer....
I believe NEM is improving day by day, wait patiently, Cheesy

Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:50:32 AM

We need real COINS now, rather than a plan, plan, plan again, I have hate

I agree

Take your socks elsewhere. They smell really bad.

forum.nem.io
zsutbd

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:07:37 AM

Check  NEM's thread  repeated over and over again every day, carefully look at every post. Feel the wheel of history rolled slowly,

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:38:33 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 11:52:12 AM by xtester

@xtester

that sounds like a good plan but ethereum hasnt released any software and they dont plan to for a long while.. heck they havnt even done there ipo and they are plastered all over tv and news articles doing documentaries... why should we hide ourselves when other projects who are further behind in development are doing the complete opposite? if we get ourselves known now.. it may attract new tallented devs and new people to the community.. just because the main devs do not want to show their faces it doesnt mean other people in the nem community cannot put them selves forward as a representative to spread the word about the new economic movement that is NEM. we have nothing to hide and everything to show, i dont see why we should wait? ethereum has put them selves at the forefront of public knowledge with less than what we have! i think we should get ourselves out there!

Good points, I agree with you. Indeed, I think it would be a very important matter to market ourselves in the more technical circles as ethereum does and kindle some intelligent discussions as to what other creative ways we could use NEM platform. The only problem is at the moment we still lack the knowledge of our most important component, the technical part with all its details. This is the part on which ethereum builds their discussion although the development part is not ready yet. We could do the same and much more, but we should first find out how our platform works, what our biggest advantages are, what our disadvantages are(if we have any) and then we can bring up some real stuff not just guesses.

Another part we could discuss as soon as we've set some principles, core values and goals is our movement of which the technical innovation is only one part. What we want to do, how we want to do it, etc.

In the meantime if you manage to make Max Keiser mention us on twitter or RT that would be great! Am totally for that. Smiley
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:07:17 PM

Just release the coin and the market will dictate what its worth. Yeah we can market the shit out of NEM, but if you really want to get down to it, that's really for personal profit.  A coin should speak for itself, just look at Qora for example, no marketing, no website and it was on the top 10 market cap.

Just a nice info video that is pleasant to watch would be great, as you can direct your friends to that video and they should get it straight away. Something clean and simple.

I hate marketing and people in that industry, it really is the epitome of the worst aspects of capitalism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

Note:
I hate Max keisser, he pumped Quark and MaxCoin with no mercy. I remember watching his tweets as he was doing it, lost all respect for him.

stacking coin
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:16:01 PM

Just release the coin and the market will dictate what its worth. Yeah we can market the shit out of NEM, but if you really want to get down to it, that's really for personal profit.  A coin should speak for itself, just look as Qora for example, no marketing, no website and its on the top 10 market cap.

Just a nice info video that is pleasant to watch would be great, as you can direct your friends to that video and they should get it straight away. Something clean and simple.

I hate marketing and people in that industry, it really is the epitome of the worst aspects of capitalism:

I like Bill Hicks. We can join force and do some meaningful projects. General marketing probably won't help much.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:19:21 PM

@xtester

that sounds like a good plan but ethereum hasnt released any software and they dont plan to for a long while.. heck they havnt even done there ipo and they are plastered all over tv and news articles doing documentaries... why should we hide ourselves when other projects who are further behind in development are doing the complete opposite? if we get ourselves known now.. it may attract new tallented devs and new people to the community.. just because the main devs do not want to show their faces it doesnt mean other people in the nem community cannot put them selves forward as a representative to spread the word about the new economic movement that is NEM. we have nothing to hide and everything to show, i dont see why we should wait? ethereum has put them selves at the forefront of public knowledge with less than what we have! i think we should get ourselves out there!

Good points, I agree with you. Indeed, I think it would be a very important matter to market ourselves in the more technical circles as ethereum does and kindle some intelligent discussions as to what other creative ways we could use NEM platform. The only problem is at the moment we still lack the knowledge of our most important component, the technical part with all its details. This is the part on which ethereum builds their discussion although the development part is not ready yet. We could do the same and much more, but we should first find out how our platform works, what our biggest advantages are, what our disadvantages are(if we have any) and then we can bring up some real stuff not just guesses.

Another part we could discuss as soon as we've set some principles, core values and goals is our movement of which the technical innovation is only one part. What we want to do, how we want to do it, etc.

In the meantime if you manage to make Max Keiser mention us on twitter or RT that would be great! Am totally for that. Smiley

I agree xtester, Nem does seem like it could have lots of market potential in tech circles. Ethereum is very solid in its plan though, while Nem is open to many different ideas and interpretation. I like Nem for that.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:42:07 PM

I know everyone is excited for NEM to be released (me in included Smiley ) but just let the developers do their job. It's good that people are thinking about marketing but for right now that is not a priority, we need a product first, it needs to work and be stable. I look at it like building a house, the foundation has to be solid, if it isn't then you will have problems with the house and will need ongoing repairs. Let the dev's take the time they need to build a solid foundation so time won't be wasted later on doing repairs.
jxmhqjg

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:33:02 PM

Just release the coin and the market will dictate what its worth. Yeah we can market the shit out of NEM, but if you really want to get down to it, that's really for personal profit.  A coin should speak for itself, just look at Qora for example, no marketing, no website and it was on the top 10 market cap.

Note:
I hate Max keisser, he pumped Quark and MaxCoin with no mercy. I remember watching his tweets as he was doing it, lost all respect for him.
Early Maxcoin's buyers can understand and agree what you say,This is really a terrible experience.

NEM is the future
jxmhqjg

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:33:45 PM

@UP/makato

will we know more about the technical side of nem after alpha? i dont mean what will be built on top of nem.. but what COULD be built on top of nem? what does nem have the potential to have built on top of it? would it be as versatile as nxt? will we have an idea of what can do beyond what nxt can do? im only talking about potential.. not guaranteed things..?

I also want to know more about the technical side of nem after alpha!
+1,too

NEM is the future
jxmhqjg

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:47:28 PM

Trading NEM on Nxt AE was a very good idea! So much attention...
Agree. But it takes time to observe, for a long-term plan to hold NEM, actually does not care about premature to trade

NEM is the future
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:49:16 PM

I know everyone is excited for NEM to be released (me in included Smiley ) but just let the developers do their job. It's good that people are thinking about marketing but for right now that is not a priority, we need a product first, it needs to work and be stable. I look at it like building a house, the foundation has to be solid, if it isn't then you will have problems with the house and will need ongoing repairs. Let the dev's take the time they need to build a solid foundation so time won't be wasted later on doing repairs.

Agree...
I also think that if we want to go beyond the criptocurrency community; there are a lot of work to be done. Just for mention, stable release (beta?), easy installation, some ecosystem (merchants) available, etc. In this context, I was thinking that, at some point, maybe it could be nice to have some sort of NEM foundation that can be (but not restricted to, to keep the decentralized nature of the movement) a reference to organize and promote it. That also could help to organize big initiatives, promote the use in communities, etc. I don't known... what do you think about it?

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
maruosch

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:09:27 PM

Agree...
I also think that if we want to go beyond the criptocurrency community; there are a lot of work to be done. Just for mention, stable release (beta?), easy installation, some ecosystem (merchants) available, etc. In this context, I was thinking that, at some point, maybe it could be nice to have some sort of NEM foundation that can be (but not restricted to, to keep the decentralized nature of the movement) a reference to organize and promote it. That also could help to organize big initiatives, promote the use in communities, etc. I don't known... what do you think about it?

why? ethereum is prominent in the public eye with nothing released.. not even an ipo. so was darkwallet.. and they are eagerly anticipated and the attention they got because of it brought in new developers.. new investors..

marketing should start the second it can be purchased on AE. at that stage people can buy in and help grow the nem eco system.. bring in new coders who can buy in and then help grow their investment.. why should we hide ourselves from new developers/investors. we have got everything that ethereum has bar a front man.. which if needed i would someone would step up.. i would but iv never done public speaking before so not sure how that would work out! probably not too good lol and i dont have the finances to do it. also im not a dev or in core team so wouldnt have the credibility others do.

yes i agree wait until atleast alpha before any major marketing starts if not longer.. but whats the problem with atleast getting a bit of a buzz going around about nem after launch on AE? as long as we dont make any promises of having this or that feature and never say this WILL happen or by THIS date we will do x, y, z... then we cant disapoint anyone.. but still have created a buzz..

ps.. im not stopping anyone from doing there jobs..

I also agree - marketing should start now!Why not? Soon there´s the possibility to trade NEM (through nxt asset exchange).More attention, first in the cryptoscene and later beyond, is important.
Schultereisen

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:01:17 PM

Agree...

why? ethereum is prominent in the public eye with nothing released.. not even an ipo. so was darkwallet.. and they are eagerly anticipated and the attention they got because of it brought in new developers.. new investors..

marketing should start the second it can be purchased on AE. at that stage people can buy in and help grow the nem eco system.. bring in new coders who can buy in and then help grow their investment.. why should we hide ourselves from new developers/investors. we have got everything that ethereum has bar a front man.. which if needed i would someone would step up.. i would but iv never done public speaking before so not sure how that would work out! probably not too good lol and i dont have the finances to do it. also im not a dev or in core team so wouldnt have the credibility others do.

yes i agree wait until atleast alpha before any major marketing starts if not longer.. but whats the problem with atleast getting a bit of a buzz going around about nem after launch on AE? as long as we dont make any promises of having this or that feature and never say this WILL happen or by THIS date we will do x, y, z... then we cant disapoint anyone.. but still have created a buzz..

I also agree - marketing should start now!Why not? Soon there´s the possibility to trade NEM (through nxt asset exchange).More attention, first in the cryptoscene and later beyond, is important.

So I've been doing marketing. We are all the community, everyone can do marketing and not always crying to UP and Co.
Does advertising on forums, it tells your friends, make comments on all this is marketing.
And for the rest we have a marketing team.

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed
Jenska

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:11:31 PM

Tokens requested, gonna sell only 0.1-0.2 though.
TequilaV

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:17:47 PM

:'(I have been waited for a long time,do not make me feel disappointed. Actually, I believe the price will be crazy one day.
okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:26:18 PM

i dont mean to burst everyones bubble, but i really dont like misunderstandings.
The ones here that are doing the marketing, please give me an honest answer to this:

What are you marketing ?
What are you marketing it as?

Nem is nothing but an awesome idea so far, at a pre-alpha stage.
How are you marketing something that has no features so far, no code published, no client and no launch?

i'm honestly curious to hear what people are saying to others in regard to a product that has not launched yet,
this is not a trolling attempt, so please lets all have a serious discussion.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:31:30 PM

Agree...

So I've been doing marketing. We are all the community, everyone can do marketing and not always crying to UP and Co.
Does advertising on forums, it tells your friends, make comments on all this is marketing.
And for the rest we have a marketing team.

I agree. I think too many of us have the mindset of leaving the marketing to some other guys who know what they're doing, to make some sort of grandiose marketing plan.

The fact is, all of us can market NEM; all it takes is a passing comment on a forum, a mention on Skype, a snippet in a Facebook post... just getting the name 'NEM' out there is a powerful marketing tool.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
macdadon34

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:55:08 PM

i dont mean to burst everyones bubble, but i really dont like misunderstandings.
The ones here that are doing the marketing, please give me an honest answer to this:

What are you marketing ?
What are you marketing it as?

Nem is nothing but an awesome idea so far, at a pre-alpha stage.
How are you marketing something that has no features so far, no code published, no client and no launch?

i'm honestly curious to hear what people are saying to others in regard to a product that has not launched yet,
this is not a trolling attempt, so please lets all have a serious discussion.

I am curious also.
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: