Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:38:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
abofj

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:32:32 PM

Nxt was for example inaccesable ..

Good thing that you used past tense as it's not true anymore.

http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

There is also online wallet coming http://nextblocks.info/

Things take time.

It's not magic.

Yes, things take time.

NEM announcement was 4 months ago.
When the dev work started... 2 months ago?  Not so long ago.

Are there faster coins?  ---copy coins not noticed.
evi_stale

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:41:47 PM

Nxt was for example inaccesable ..

Good thing that you used past tense as it's not true anymore.

http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

There is also online wallet coming http://nextblocks.info/

Things take time.

Yes, things take time.

NEM announcement was 4 months ago.
When the dev work started... 2 months ago?  Not so long ago.

Are there faster coins?  ---copy coins not noticed.

It took too long before there was a user Nxt wallet and that's why people probably walked away, including me. Of course it had also to do with not being able to forge since there were accounts who forged almost all of it.
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:54:00 PM

@kodtycoon

It's BASIC programming language. You're probably too young to see this. Good for you! Smiley

forum.nem.io
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:06:03 PM

Is NEM going to have anonymous transactions?
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:07:31 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 08:27:31 PM by Thingamajig

i dont mean to burst everyones bubble, but i really dont like misunderstandings.
The ones here that are doing the marketing, please give me an honest answer to this:

What are you marketing ?
What are you marketing it as?

Nem is nothing but an awesome idea so far, at a pre-alpha stage.
How are you marketing something that has no features so far, no code published, no client and no launch?

i'm honestly curious to hear what people are saying to others in regard to a product that has not launched yet,
this is not a trolling attempt, so please lets all have a serious discussion.

I am curious also.

Before a product is a community. Before a community is an idea. There is a plenty of thing to talk if someone is willing to Cheesy

Too much talking going on here...blablabla....blablabla
Shall I tell you why I think this coin is gonna fail just like Nxt?
It is too complicated and too technical for normal people to understand what you guys are talking about.

Why is it too complicated and too technical ? we don't even have an alpha yet.

Just as I said....too many tech savvy people around here. Most of the times I really have no idea what you're talking about. Ok ask someone who is not in crypto to try and understand a few pages in this thread. I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't understand.

does everyone understand how the internet works? tcp/ip? telecommunications? torrents? actually do you know how these things work? i didnt think so...

good counter-example,
it should stop evil trolls' avalanche Smiley

You just don't get it do you.
You are overlaoding people with too much difficulty.
Compare it with the other threads.
I'm not trolling here but as someone with zero knowledge programming skills I'm trying to understand this coin. It won't work if you keep on lecturing people about all the ins and outs.
Just my 2 cents.
Nxt was for example inaccesable for normal people because you had to dig very deep to be able to install the wallet, but it's not limited to the wallet only.

Actually, clearly you're the one who doesn't get it.

This coin is in development, sophisticated conversations are going to occur. Thats just how it works.

I get your point, you want a coin thats accessible -- we all do, especially if we want NEM to be a success, it has to be foolproof, far moreso than NXT, and even moreso than Bitcoin.

Right now though, development is still in progress, so expect some over the head discussions to occur; its certainly over mine on many occasions, even though i consider myself a very tech-savvy individual. This is a good thing.

Anywhoo, on the subject of accessibility, i thought of something today:

Using my banks online banking feature, i noticed there's alot of features that crypto's could benefit from. Is there any crypto client out there which allows users to set up regular payment arrangements? (Think of Direct Debits, a fixed sum over a set period) You could even experiment further with different wallet types (Think of like Current Accounts, savings accounts, etc. Or in the case of Crypto's; more "anon" accounts/wallets)

Whats confusing, time consuming, and rather annoying for the average joe is that there's a coin for everything. Why not have a coin like NEM which has a plethora of features to suit most peoples need? (And yes, i'm aware this would be incredibly hard to code. I'm just throwing idea's out there).

I really don't recall any crypto having any such sophisticated features in their client, perhaps this is something NEM could do? Just an idea. I'd seriously suggest that if anyone does any online banking with their FIAT, perhaps browse said sites to get any further inspiration to go towards NEM - it's worth throwing the idea's out at least.

I would sincerely hope so. This is by far probably Crypto's biggest appeal; Darkcoins success speaks volumes for this, nevermind what cryptocurrency is often traded for.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:11:17 PM

I'll answer those which I know how to answer

whats the difference between unit tests and integration tests?

We're trying to follow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test-driven_development model.

unit test are (hopefully) small units, that tries to test small pieces of actual code.
(like single method, or more precisely behaviour of a method).

unit tests should be run ALWAYS before pushing code to upstream.

integration tests are usually bigger and slower (in our case) they are run before package is being built.

does anyone know when the actual coding of nem started? when the first line was written?

12th Feb, 21:20:00 2014 UTC

edit That actually is first commit, not first line, but we can identify/treat it as "first line"

can someone remind me what NIC and NCC stand for? Roll Eyes

Nem Infrastracture Server, Nem Community Client

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
JakeThePanda

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:13:07 PM

i dont mean to burst everyones bubble, but i really dont like misunderstandings.
The ones here that are doing the marketing, please give me an honest answer to this:

What are you marketing ?
What are you marketing it as?

Nem is nothing but an awesome idea so far, at a pre-alpha stage.
How are you marketing something that has no features so far, no code published, no client and no launch?

i'm honestly curious to hear what people are saying to others in regard to a product that has not launched yet,
this is not a trolling attempt, so please lets all have a serious discussion.

I am curious also.

Before a product is a community. Before a community is an idea. There is a plenty of thing to talk if someone is willing to Cheesy

Too much talking going on here...blablabla....blablabla
Shall I tell you why I think this coin is gonna fail just like Nxt?
It is too complicated and too technical for normal people to understand what you guys are talking about.

Why is it too complicated and too technical ? we don't even have an alpha yet.

Just as I said....too many tech savvy people around here. Most of the times I really have no idea what you're talking about. Ok ask someone who is not in crypto to try and understand a few pages in this thread. I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't understand.

does everyone understand how the internet works? tcp/ip? telecommunications? torrents? actually do you know how these things work? i didnt think so...

good counter-example,
it should stop evil trolls' avalanche Smiley

You just don't get it do you.
You are overlaoding people with too much difficulty.
Compare it with the other threads.
I'm not trolling here but as someone with zero knowledge programming skills I'm trying to understand this coin. It won't work if you keep on lecturing people about all the ins and outs.
Just my 2 cents.
Nxt was for example inaccesable for normal people because you had to dig very deep to be able to install the wallet, but it's not limited to the wallet only.

Actually, clearly you're the one who doesn't get it.

This coin is in development, sophisticated conversations are going to occur. Thats just how it works.

I get your point, you want a coin thats accessible -- we all do, especially if we want NEM to be a success, it has to be foolproof, far moreso than NXT, and even moreso than Bitcoin.

Right now though, development is still in progress, so expect some over the head discussions to occur; its certainly over mine on many occasions, even though i consider myself a very tech-savvy individual.

Anywhoo, on the subject of accessibility, i thought of something today:

Using my banks online banking feature, i noticed there's alot of features that crypto's could benefit from. Is there any crypto client out there which allows users to set up regular payment arrangements? (Think of Direct Debits, a fixed sum over a set period)

I really don't recall any crypto having any such sophisticated features in their client, perhaps this is something NEM could do? Just an idea. I'd seriously suggest that if anyone does any online banking with their FIAT, perhaps browse said sites to get any further inspiration to go towards NEM - it's worth throwing the idea's out at least.

I would sincerely hope so. This is by far probably Crypto's biggest appeal; Darkcoins success speaks volumes for this.

Unfortunately, I think that if NEM doesn't have anonymous transactions, it will just be another coin.  Sorry, that's just the way I feel.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:14:21 PM

as far as I can tell probably not in V1 blockchain. (devs including me, are mostly against it).

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:16:12 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 08:35:42 PM by utopianfuture

@gimre

thanks allot for that.. this will come in very handy

one question though!
can i get a somewhat detailed idea of whats been happening behind the scenes for testing?
10 compiling
20 testing
30 fixing
40 goto 10

im guessing a unit test is just another way of saying a test run of a program?

any info on a ball park figure i can use as total amount of devs? including core devs, marketing, UI, graphics designers ect ect..

are these percentages of what amount of work/time that is being put into each?
Language                     files          blank        comment           code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Java                           207           2744           5448           9222 // NIS code
Java                            45            752           1020           283  // NCC code
Java                           179           5036           4729          15544 // unit tests
Java                             9            287            281           1111 // integration tests

whats the difference between unit tests and integration tests?

does anyone know when the actual coding of nem started? when the first line was written? and when the idea of creating nem came around?

can someone remind me what NIC and NCC stand for? Roll Eyes

how often do new developers join nem?

did nem start with one person and then grow or did it start out with a small group?

il leave it at that for now.. got painting to do lol

i apologise for asking so many questions but il need this info in the near future! Smiley

Did you read NEM dev. contract and particularly NEM summary https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A9p6QZcUoDvezVMUsp2kYaF8g_jTNPFPL5e3Tli-jaI/edit#gid=2136040793

Because I put it there for your information and you should read it plus read all the out links in the document. All answers to your questions are there. Here are the pointers:

Read NEM timeline tab to see what to expect on the product launch. What are not written there, the core dev. can't answer here neither.

It is well known but read Community distribution tab to see how NEM inital fundraising went and what kind of stakeholder population we have.

Read Technical update to see big milestone technical update. The first development plan were authored by Jaguar and contributed by all core team. It was published on 2/9/2013 and we brainstormed for about 3-4 weeks before that. That's when you can say NEM started.

Read organization tab and also "letter of invitation" to know what kind of people we have.

AFTER reading all of these, please read the dev. contract again particular no. 4  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19so-Jy3Gqw2KltZP-gaw3oFaHliN0OdtwZktOP4pCOQ/edit

4. The information in NEM summary should be self-sustained. The development team is under no obligation to provide extra information such as an exact release date of the software, team member personal information etc.

if yours questions belong to Extra information category then please don't insist.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:38:14 PM

as far as I can tell probably not in V1 blockchain. (devs including me, are mostly against it).

Non-core "private" transaction mode is possible. It is probably not wise to have anything that risk NEM getting banned by some governments in the core protocol.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Eadeqa

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:48:32 PM

NxT didn't fail from being too technical.  It would had hit minimum 300 million ..

This is pure fantasy.  There is no way it would have hit 300 million in such a short time. It's lucky to be even #4 right now -- despite lower volume trade than others since the launch (small distribution helped as prices were tightly controlled ).

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:58:17 PM

Why in some stakeholders a hash/tx ID appears on the list and in others no?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdFRROFFGVUpwcFFXcHVCdGc0a3NuQVE&usp=drive_web#gid=10

Thank you.
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:13:10 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdFRROFFGVUpwcFFXcHVCdGc0a3NuQVE&usp=drive_web#gid=10

Thank you.
if memory serves this was implemented to deter fraudsters from trying to claim transactions.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:29:22 PM

Thank you.
if memory serves this was implemented to deter fraudsters from trying to claim transactions.

Ok, thank you. I understand, but if you don't have one is not a problem for the future, right?
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:54:08 PM

Thank you.

Ok, thank you. I understand, but if you don't have one is not a problem for the future, right?
Dude if you are on this list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdFRROFFGVUpwcFFXcHVCdGc0a3NuQVE&usp=drive_web#gid=10
Then all is good but please try to catch up from page 1 
Not sure where you been but welcome  Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:01:13 PM

Could someone please write a short re-write in note form, about what important happend about the last 15 Pages?
Haven't had the time to follow :/

Thanks Smiley

Greetz

BitZCoin

Here it is: TakePart!
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:08:39 PM

Non-core "private" transaction mode is possible. It is probably not wise to have anything that risk NEM getting banned by some governments in the core protocol.  

Yep, thats the right Way!

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:18:58 PM

Could someone please write a short re-write in note form, about what important happend about the last 15 Pages?
Haven't had the time to follow :/

Thanks Smiley

Greetz

BitZCoin

I want NEM now, where's the whitepaper and technical stuff?, that's too technical i don't understand,  let's promote NEM wait what does it do again?,  Patience grasshopper  Smiley
Rich1970

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:21:15 PM

NEM smartwatch app. Keeping the dream alive.

http://cdn1.appleinsider.com/0204-iwatch-1.jpg

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/25/inside-the-iwatch-the-technology-apple-is-looking-at-for-your-wrist

In June, Samsung may unveil a "watch-phone", a smartwatch that can make or receive calls without having to be tethered to a mobile phone.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/23/samsung-mobilephone-idUSL1N0O911Q20140523

Microsoft files for smartwatch patent
money.cnn.com/2014/05/06/technology/innovation/microsoft-smartwatch/
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:53:12 PM

Nice to see the enthusiasm in this thread! Now back to coding Wink  ...

NEM - nem.io
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: