Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:39:41 AM

Wow, after reading about how PoS and forging works in NXT, I think POI is a much better idea. I don't have a mountain of NXT so there really isn't much of an incentive for me to leave the server portion running. To me, the more people that contribute to the network the more secure it is (decentralization), and as the currency dilutes, more people will be in the same position. More people will hoard to create stake and that defeats the point of a currencies fluidness. If you want to use the currency as a store of wealth (gold, you don't transact in it, just keep it for stability), fine. But, for a "fiat" to succeed by its' very nature, a lot of people need to want and use it.

Maybe I don't fully understand PoS, but this just doesn't feel all that terrific. Still, better than PoW I think...

Also, on the one hand, I like the idea that perhaps increasing one's node(s) with infrastructure results in a direct benefit (like adding infrastructure to a utility and increasing customer base). If I want to be a big participant I can do it on my own dime for fun and it benefits the network. On the other hand, it seems like it might encourage centralization again if folks wanted to build huge node farms then we are back to ASIC farm dangers again. So it is almost like you need some sort of "difficulty" co-efficient like in mining where the participating nodes have scale to a point and then diminishing returns. I have no idea how you'd enforce that as any method I can think of easily bypassed (by IP? by client ID?, etc.)

Enlighten me if you know better. I'll need to pour over the NEM POI docs.

(This may be offtopic so feel free to ignore)

In NXT to don't secure the network when you forge with a small NXT balance, that is why you don't get any rewards. If you run a node with few NXT you "stabilize" the network, but for security purposes you don't add anything. That is the reason why the Balanceforging/Totalbalanceforging blockforgingchance was introduced. This can't be exploited. If the POI can be exploitet is yet to be seen.

Why do you think that if there are two identical nodes the one owned by the wealthier NXTer will add more stability to the network? Both nodes will do the same verification of blocks and transactions. The only difference is the frequency of forged blocks, which the larger account holder will be able forge more quickly.

I am not sure if this is correct or not, but BCNext original explained that each NXT was like a little miner.  I am not sure, but maybe it is possible that a person with only one NXT, basically would be like a really really old and small miner.  Or it might have to be with the "random deterministic" forging pattern in that only the big accounts get picked and so only they matter. 

I think like you Jaguar, that in theory every node should be contributing the same amount.  All have the chain and all are recognizing transactions, but it seems like I have heard other people talking the way TwinWinNerd explains it.  Some of the people on the NXT forum that should be quite knowledgeable have said things like that so I really don't know.  There might only be a dozen or so people that really know because not everybody can see the code.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:45:38 AM

This is going to be huge. I am confident NEM will explode (once the initial dumpers take quick profits).

To da moon!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:12:45 AM

Any ideas on what NEM will be trading at once alpha launches?

Still on the NXT AE.

Alpha coins will not be real.
Beta coins will neither.

Only launch coins will be real and will be most likely first traded on dgex, poloniex or bittrex.

Last I checked we wanted to stay away from dgex to differentiate ourselves from NXT and most importantly NAS.
There is absolutely no word on where NEM will be traded.

michaelb87

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:58:20 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 08:15:55 AM by michaelb87

Hi guys,

Just created a NXT account to trade NEM. Could somebody please send me some nxt to test?

Thanks!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 08:23:40 AM

Hi guys,

Just created a NXT account to trade NEM. Could somebody please send me some nxt to test?

Thanks!

I'll take some free NXT too Cheesy
NXT-GUC8-WQD8-5BLX-CLPQE

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 08:26:49 AM

Maybe what Gimre really meant was:

Alpha: testnet

Beta: most likely REAL thing

This makes sense as I remember reading posts saying the beta will be the 'launch'. Hopefully our mutual confusion will be cleared up by a dev.

Alpha = 100% testnet and monopoly money. Beta = Likely to be in the testnet for the first phase and then move to the main-net (with real stake and coins). It is still undecided whether nemesis block is on launch day or in beta. It doesn't make much difference imo.

NEM Beta will include some special features. Even NEM open Alpha will likely include special features that are not in other coin's launch. For example: NIS codes for secure messaging have been completed and just need GUI to be on Open Alpha. Secure messaging is not even in Nxt NOW 9 month after the coin launch. Talk about the difference between one system's alpha and the other system's so-call advanced stage.

NEM beta will include features that have never been in any other system. What are they ? We cannot tell you because the codes are not completed and there are some uncertainty in the implementation. However, there will be at least one special feature moving from NEM Alpha to NEM Beta.

The current NEM roadmap is alpha -> beta -> release -> v1 completion

Alpha
The alpha will be launching soon and will have many of the announced NEM features. The goal of the alpha is to show everyone what we've been working on the last few months and let them play with it and give feedback. Most importantly, it should be a starting point for other developers to build on top of NEM. In order for NEM to be a success, it needs to have a thriving community and a lot of skunksworks projects by community members. All of the successful coins have strong ecosystems, and NEM needs one too. (NEM is off to a great start in this respect, but it's important to keep up the momentum).

Beta
The core dev team has 3-5 super secret features to work on during this time that we're really excited about. Once they're stable, NEM will enter Beta where NEM V1 will be feature complete. The Beta period will be mostly for stabilization and bug bashing.

Release
Once the Beta proves resilient, NEM will officially be released, and the NEMesis block will be created on main-net.

V1
After the release, the focus will shift to the NEM asset exchange. Upon completion of the asset exchange, the NEM V1 blockchain will be completed, and who knows what will happen after that?

Thanks for the important info. By that time I suspect NEM will be in top 5, if not top 3. Smiley

Cant wait to see how it works, hope they will launch open alpha soon as possible.
IMO someone may regret selling their stake at this point  Grin

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:40:31 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Try using this faucet: http://nxtra.org/faucet/
136BTC

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:41:09 AM

how long we need to wait.

NXT:7107941072651674325
NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:68867263540612482
patmast3r

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:50:20 AM

how long we need to wait.

it's finished when it's finished.

You can believe that I personally want the waiting to be over more than anyone else. Not beacuse I don't have the patience but because people keep asking and it annoys the crap out of me.

funkybunny

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 09:05:10 AM

NEM programmers done great job always. We get once in big lifetime opportunities for this. So, salute is for you!
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:05:14 AM

how i can cancel one open order for nem stake at asset exchange? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:06:52 AM

how i can cancel one open order for nem stake at asset exchange? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

assets/my orders/cancel 1NXT Smiley

IOTA
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:09:19 AM

ok i find it

thanks
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:27:51 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 08:02:02 PM by xtester

This makes sense as I remember reading posts saying the beta will be the 'launch'. Hopefully our mutual confusion will be cleared up by a dev.

Alpha = 100% testnet and monopoly money. Beta = Likely to be in the testnet for the first phase and then move to the main-net (with real stake and coins). It is still undecided whether nemesis block is on launch day or in beta. It doesn't make much difference imo.

NEM Beta will include some special features. Even NEM open Alpha will likely include special features that are not in other coin's launch. For example: NIS codes for secure messaging have been completed and just need GUI to be on Open Alpha. Secure messaging is not even in Nxt NOW 9 month after the coin launch. Talk about the difference between one system's alpha and the other system's so-call advanced stage.

NEM beta will include features that have never been in any other system. What are they ? We cannot tell you because the codes are not completed and there are some uncertainty in the implementation. However, there will be at least one special feature moving from NEM Alpha to NEM Beta.

The current NEM roadmap is alpha -> beta -> release -> v1 completion

Alpha
The alpha will be launching soon and will have many of the announced NEM features. The goal of the alpha is to show everyone what we've been working on the last few months and let them play with it and give feedback. Most importantly, it should be a starting point for other developers to build on top of NEM. In order for NEM to be a success, it needs to have a thriving community and a lot of skunksworks projects by community members. All of the successful coins have strong ecosystems, and NEM needs one too. (NEM is off to a great start in this respect, but it's important to keep up the momentum).

Beta
The core dev team has 3-5 super secret features to work on during this time that we're really excited about. Once they're stable, NEM will enter Beta where NEM V1 will be feature complete. The Beta period will be mostly for stabilization and bug bashing.

Release
Once the Beta proves resilient, NEM will officially be released, and the NEMesis block will be created on main-net.

V1
After the release, the focus will shift to the NEM asset exchange. Upon completion of the asset exchange, the NEM V1 blockchain will be completed, and who knows what will happen after that?

Thanks for the important info. By that time I suspect NEM will be in top 5, if not top 3. Smiley

Cant wait to see how it works, hope they will launch open alpha soon as possible.
IMO someone may regret selling their stake at this point  Grin

I think most of them will surely regret it. They are playing pump and dump with the wrong coin.

Remember we have not even launched yet and NEM already seems one of the most promising projects.

Just wait a bit and you'll see what I mean.
McDoxy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:38:04 AM

What I don't quite understand is the NEM V1 blockchain. Maybe someone can clear that up for me.

The info says that NEM will be released, and then they focus on the asset exchange and then v1 blockchain is released.

But doesn't the blockchain start as soon as NEM is released?
patmast3r

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:01:18 AM

What I don't quite understand is the NEM V1 blockchain. Maybe someone can clear that up for me.

The info says that NEM will be released, and then they focus on the asset exchange and then v1 blockchain is released.

Of course there's a blockchain once NEM is released.
The talk about V1 should just predicate that only after the AE is launched NEM will be complete as in Version 1.0.
Obviously Development will continue after V1 but V1 marks a milestone in the release plan.

McDoxy

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:08:59 AM

Of course there's a blockchain once NEM is released.
The talk about V1 should just predicate that only after the AE is launched NEM will be complete as in Version 1.0.
Obviously Development will continue after V1 but V1 marks a milestone in the release plan.

Ah I see! thx!
jnuqsx

Activity: 142

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:27:40 PM

Should be  to buy more NEMstake token and Hold on Grin
grukhatib

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:38:14 PM

Grin great relief   Grin  Grin
I was afraid my password is stolen.Anw, Happy end. I was remebering I changed pasword to longer + easier to remember.
I took words from my native language, not English and soo made mine password.I just forgot that I changed it Cheesy
I has seen people selling me many things, which we dont need.The businesmans create new needs. When we have money, some of us can buy.Always I buy only wehen the thing has value or it is realy needed.

Today same happens in IT busines, security. The businesmans sell good password generators. Why?Why theyr passwords are better than mine? MMine is made from my language words. crackers can only english, spain, german. If I was Cracker, I try all dictionary words. If it fail, then I try all combinatiuonsof all alpha-numeral-.+()/&%¤# and so on. all letter from keyboard. Then I try all lenght passwords :  6, 7, 8, 9 and so on. How long my computer can do it.
Then I Cracker see that limit is in How long my computer can do it, how long thepasswords are. It doesnt matter how it is made.Why businesmans passwords are better than mine.  I can count. 
michael8888

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:53:51 PM

Can anyone explain why so NXT increased in price over the last 2 days.
This very interesting and it should affect the NEM

There may be a factor: A Chinese cryptocurrency exchange (http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=nxt) opened NXT's trade soon
A few months ago, Dogecoin  same.

hehe, I will have offee with the boss of a chinese cryptocurrency exchange.We are discussing this question this weekend.

You can go to Coinmarket cap, click on the price and see where the volume is coming from.  This is Chinese volume from BTER.   (Which typically is followed by BTC38).

Many bosses of the chinese cryptocurrency exchanges are my friends.I think all of them are the best.

When you have such friends, you can make some informative gallups about the cryptocurrencies Smiley

Thank you so much for your advice.  It is important to put the marketing Theory of 4Ps  into application.
Pages: « 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: