Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:30:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920055 times)
PotcoinJoint

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:23:16 PM

Hello Potcoin Community,

We are excited to announce we have launched www.PotcoinJoint.com, a dedicated community forum for the Potcoin currency,

For a limited time, get FREE Potcoins for helping grow the PotcoinJoint community.

Interested in getting involved and getting FREE Potcoins? Feel free to contact us, we are always looking for Potcoin fans to join the team.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers
cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:54:19 PM

I´m creating a german speaking website for PotCoin... You can find it on www.potcoin.eu

I´d like to translate it into other languages, too and I´m looking forward to get some help from people in other countries in Europe!

For the launch of www.potcoin.eu I decided to start a WorldCup Tipping game with a small price pool! Feel free to join this game and maybe you can donate some coins to raise the price pool Smiley 

I am willing to translate into spanish for spain. PM sent.

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
cookiemonster7

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

Since the coins per block reward was halved, I am happy to see that POTcoin has become more stable.
If POT can maintain stability for the next few months, POT will gain respect and become an attractive currency for serious business.

It was stable before, it's no more or less stable than prior to the change. The biggest difference is the average price has dropped. It's floor used to be about 1400 satoshis, right now it seems to be 700-800.

As of today, I do not see a need for another halving.
Mining and dumping still occurs, but it has been greatly reduced.
One more halving might not be a bad idea, but not yet.

But it's going to keep halving, just like it was going to do before the change. Both  versions had a halving schedule.

It's like people don't even read.

Any Idea on when the next halving will occur? I would also like to see potcoin stabilize but hopefully at a higher price than what it is at right now.

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
Sardine

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:31:39 PM

It was stable before, it's no more or less stable than prior to the change. The biggest difference is the average price has dropped. It's floor used to be about 1400 satoshis, right now it seems to be 700-800.

But it's going to keep halving, just like it was going to do before the change. Both  versions had a halving schedule.

https://www.mintpal.com/market/POT/BTC

Click on "max".  I do not see a 1400 floor, except *maybe* two weeks in April.

I am just stating my opinion about halving to the developers.
I, of course, have no control over the schedule.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:51:34 PM

https://www.mintpal.com/market/POT/BTC

Click on "max".  I do not see a 1400 floor, except *maybe* two weeks in April.

I am just stating my opinion about halving to the developers.
I, of course, have no control over the schedule.

I focus on cryptsy mainly, I've never used mintpal. The floor was 1300-1400 on cryptsy for its existance, up until the failed 4/20 takeoff, at which point it's continually been on a downward trend ever since.

bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:14:55 PM

Something is up and it's not small either,

There is a buy wall at 1:15pm CST on Cryptsy of 4.87 btc (over 534,000 Potcoins) at 913 satoshi.  I'm telling you something right now, your average Joe isn't going to be buying that much at that price unless they know something big is coming. 

Just my gut, but this coin is a keeper.  I believe 1 year from now, even mining 20 Pot per day will make the average miner very happy.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:41:09 PM

Something is up and it's not small either,

There is a buy wall at 1:15pm CST on Cryptsy of 4.87 btc (over 534,000 Potcoins) at 913 satoshi.  I'm telling you something right now, your average Joe isn't going to be buying that much at that price unless they know something big is coming. 

Just my gut, but this coin is a keeper.  I believe 1 year from now, even mining 20 Pot per day will make the average miner very happy.

There's probably a pump incoming.  Typically they will pad the buy walls with a large order to make it look like support, and then slowly move it up as the price rises.  When they're ready to dump, the pull the buy wall and crash the price.  If the someone starts selling and it starts eating into the buy order, they will pull it.  It's a good way to spot a PnD.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Jamis

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:15:04 PM

Any Idea on when the next halving will occur? I would also like to see potcoin stabilize but hopefully at a higher price than what it is at right now.

The next halving is 280,000 blocks after the first so it will occur at block 560,000. Right now we are at block: 287,511 so the next halving will occur about 7:00pm USA East Coast time on 9 October 2014. Assuming that we really hit 40-second blocks for the next 272,489 blocks to take 126 more days.
kwiktech

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:46:07 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 09:52:39 PM by kwiktech

Grin
PotcoinJoint

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:52:10 PM

Hello Potcoin Community,

We are excited to announce we have launched www.PotcoinJoint.com, a dedicated community forum for the Potcoin currency,

FREE Potcoins Rewards Program, http://www.potcoinjoint.com/free-potcoin-rewards , Get 5 Potcoins just for registering and submit your first post/topic.

For a limited time, get FREE Potcoins for helping grow the PotcoinJoint community.

Interested in getting involved and getting FREE Potcoins? Feel free to contact us, we are always looking for Potcoin fans to join the team.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers
Sardine

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:36:11 PM

I focus on cryptsy mainly, I've never used mintpal. The floor was 1300-1400 on cryptsy for its existance, up until the failed 4/20 takeoff, at which point it's continually been on a downward trend ever since.

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/173

cryptsy shows trading well below 1400 from end of March to beginning of April.

cookiemonster7 asked you when the next halving will be.
Since you already read the halving schedule, you can answer that question for him.
cookiemonster7

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:47:50 AM

Yep I see when the next halving will occur, I hope potcoin gets widely accepted in the community, which I firmly believe it will. Big things are coming for potcoin.

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:18:28 AM

The price of the coin does not matter so much, at least not so much to me. Bought 70k at 717 a week ago, which was a bargain then. The most important thing to me is the stability, which the coin seems to have. The market will dictate the price. The more and more the coin gets out there, the more it pops up in places and shows face among the huge network of merchants that sell everything under the sun relating to either marijuana or tobacco products, the better off the coin will do.

Big money big money no whammy no whammy, STOP!

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
deanpreese66

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:45:33 AM

The price of the coin does not matter so much, at least not so much to me. Bought 70k at 717 a week ago, which was a bargain then. The most important thing to me is the stability, which the coin seems to have. The market will dictate the price. The more and more the coin gets out there, the more it pops up in places and shows face among the huge network of merchants that sell everything under the sun relating to either marijuana or tobacco products, the better off the coin will do.

1000% Agree .. stability is important. That said, IMO there is a line of perception; coins that are below 1000 are on shaky ground and are not as trust worthy.  I think that needs to be a target for stability -- then move it higher over time
vesperwillow

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:23:09 PM

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/173

cryptsy shows trading well below 1400 from end of March to beginning of April.

cookiemonster7 asked you when the next halving will be.
Since you already read the halving schedule, you can answer that question for him.

I guess we're seeing 2 different things then, and I did say 1300-1400, which I see on my plot graphs. Spikes below are normal, just as are spikes above. The rough floor for a long time was 1300-1400. It's not worth arguing Roll Eyes

And his question was already answered. I suppose you didn't see that either? But thanks for telling me what I should do, mom.

vesperwillow

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

1000% Agree .. stability is important. That said, IMO there is a line of perception; coins that are below 1000 are on shaky ground and are not as trust worthy.  I think that needs to be a target for stability -- then move it higher over time

I agree that network stability is paramount, followed by price stability, and that in a transactional/flow coin the price isn't as important--but you have to keep in mind that stability comes from hashrate, and price matters to those mining it. If it's not profitable or worthwhile, you lose portions of the network, and a flux in the network can cause volatility in price.

As has been discussed many times, any serious business coin should have its own private farm to always ensure a certain amount of hashrate is securing and processing the blockchain, and it's usually a farm owned or supported by the coin's owners.

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:34:01 PM

As has been discussed many times, any serious business coin should have its own private farm to always ensure a certain amount of hashrate is securing and processing the blockchain, and it's usually a farm owned or supported by the coin's owners.

EXACTLY. A private farm, OR a mining pool of people that assumes the roll of your private farm. A combination of the two would be best. It creates a demand for the coin by applying consistent buy pressure. Maybe that is some of the "big news" that has people all excited? 

cookiemonster7

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:32:44 PM

A farm owned by the dev's shouldnt be neccesary, some people out there already have them.  Grin

deanpreese66

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:43:40 PM

I agree that network stability is paramount, followed by price stability, and that in a transactional/flow coin the price isn't as important--but you have to keep in mind that stability comes from hashrate, and price matters to those mining it. If it's not profitable or worthwhile, you lose portions of the network, and a flux in the network can cause volatility in price.

When I point to stability, I do not mean a flat no movement price. I mean a controlled price that can oscillate up and down with some significant swings, but does so in an efficient manner. The huge swings we have seen are because of an inefficient and lopsided market where the bid/ask spreads are huge and the volumes at certain prices are not enough to support the market.

Volatility can be a good thing and is an incentive to miners and trading. Volatility also provides opportunity for people get into POT at fluctuating prices which sparks interest and ultimately growth.

In free markets ... VOLATILITY => SIZZLE => Interest => Adoption  

The key in any of these measure is can you control VOLATILITY ... I think yes.

A farm and/or pool is a great start.

I would also recommend BOTs.  (DISCLOSURE: I have been an algorithmic trading systems developer for over 20 years and have made my living do so for the past 5+) Development and deployment of trading BOTs can provide a controlled mechanism for the "Company" to buy/sell POT in the open market. This serves a couple purposes:

1)  This can reduce the available coins, create scarcity and in the end, ideally support and boost the price. No different than any other buyback.
2)  Create volume and liquidity on the exchanges. Coins are like momentum stocks (APPL, NFLX, GOOG) and penny stocks (think Wolf of Wall Street) -- Baskin Robbins Flavor of the Month.  The ones that trade a lot of volume and have some oscillating price moves get attention.

Those are my thoughts ....

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:54:16 PM

Volatility can be a good thing and is an incentive to miners and trading. Volatility also provides opportunity for people get into POT at fluctuating prices which sparks interest and ultimately growth.

I would also recommend BOTs.  (DISCLOSURE: I have been an algorithmic trading systems developer for over 20 years and have made my living do so for the past 5+) Development and deployment of trading BOTs can provide a controlled mechanism for the "Company" to buy/sell POT in the open market. This serves a couple purposes:

1)  This can reduce the available coins, create scarcity and in the end, ideally support and boost the price. No different than any other buyback.
2)  Create volume and liquidity on the exchanges. Coins are like momentum stocks (APPL, NFLX, GOOG) and penny stocks (think Wolf of Wall Street) -- Baskin Robbins Flavor of the Month.  The ones that trade a lot of volume and have some oscillating price moves get attention.

Those are my thoughts ....

Certainly agree that volatility is a good thing. It allows people to feel like they are "getting in" on a good thing. Well it is certainly not a feeling an an opportunity to do so. That is why i try not to play chicken little so much, one mans trash type thing.

I think you can help to mitigate the variance that takes place though volatility. You can set forth the stone walkway and guide it down the path but you cannot prevent it from occasionally hitting a wall or two. I don't know how possible, or wise it is, to control it completely though.

It sure seems like someone who has been developing trading bots for the past 20 years could certainly be of great assistance in helping the design of a multipool that potcoin might develop  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I think the trading algos are the largest hurdle that occurs for setting up the pool.

Given the nature of the crypto world, how people are playing them like stocks or what ever, it makes sense that those with some type of boom and bust patterns tend to garner interest.

Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: