Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920051 times)
anyone4u

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:50:36 AM

Why on earth would you halve the rewards? Belay that and focus on security. Someone with either epic hashrate (more than all alt's combined) is toying with the coin, or it's someone attacking the network itself.

I am not sure who is doing this but its probably https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.0He was set out to destroy aurora and he managed to time warp it initiating the need for a fix. I am assuming since this is the only individual set on this mission from before and successfully doing it, its him again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anyone4u

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:51:59 AM

My personal opinion with no substantiated evidence is that there is still a gaping hole in KGW... and if there is a KGW exploit still open and it was coordinated with a wallet port DDOS... well... it may look something like the current POT blockchain.

This is what I'm thinking too. If diff can be changed with every block then it becomes much more easy to own the network because the blocks found are valid.

Someone explain to me why these blocks shouldn't be invalid when they were found every 3 seconds with diff of 0?

fixed see bolded
filthybiscuits

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:18:48 AM

for now it looks like an attack or a big farm jumping on and the KGW doesnt like that.

fwiw, i noticed that wafflepool had potcoin on their list of coins to mine within the last week, while the price of potcoin had spiked .. not sure if this is related to them mining the coin, but their multipool can be in the 40-45GH range easily

also,

we got hit by 45GH
kcminer

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 05:43:20 AM

Quote from: kcminer linkcalculations=topic=426324.msg6364781#msg6364781 date=1398305722
My personal opinion with no substantiated evidence is that there is still a gaping hole in KGW... and if there is a KGW exploit still open and it was coordinated with a wallet port DDOS... well... it may look something like the current POT blockchain.

This is what I'm thinking too. If diff can be changed with every block then it becomes much more easy to own the network because the blocks found are valid.

Someone explain to me why these blocks shouldn't be invalid when they were found every 3 seconds with diff of 0?

fixed see bolded

No I had it right. I was more asking what safeguards are in place to prevent it. With the old school diff calculations (pre kgw) everyone could see that if the diff was that low before block X, then obviously they were invalid and should be dropped. Now someone with a bunch of hash (would they need all 51%?) Comes in and says...Look guys everyone stopped mining for about 3 hours but me... trust me because I say so and if you don't believe me I'll just try again in 1 second.

I'll admit I don't know everything about how kgw works so I'm hoping someone can educate me Smiley

Gift cards for LTC and DOGE at ltcasics.com!
anyone4u

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:46:16 AM

for now it looks like an attack or a big farm jumping on and the KGW doesnt like that.

fwiw, i noticed that wafflepool had potcoin on their list of coins to mine within the last week, while the price of potcoin had spiked .. not sure if this is related to them mining the coin, but their multipool can be in the 40-45GH range easily

also,

we got hit by 45GH

Thx, that meant that kdc miners were on our coin. I suspected this but didn't know for sure as I didn't check out waffle for a while. KDC mining with ppl's bought rigs and script asics converting to immediate btc.
anyone4u

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:49:29 AM

Quote from: kcminer linkcalculations=topic=426324.msg6364781#msg6364781 date=1398305722

fixed see bolded

No I had it right. I was more asking what safeguards are in place to prevent it. With the old school diff calculations (pre kgw) everyone could see that if the diff was that low before block X, then obviously they were invalid and should be dropped. Now someone with a bunch of hash (would they need all 51%?) Comes in and says...Look guys everyone stopped mining for about 3 hours but me... trust me because I say so and if you don't believe me I'll just try again in 1 second.

I'll admit I don't know everything about how kgw works so I'm hoping someone can educate me Smiley

kgw calculates difficulty supposably on fly. Put 1gh on coin=difficulty changes, pre-kgw it would take a while then kgw would kick in or whatever later = miners stuck mining tough blocks and original big miners leave, coming back when diff gets lower & repeat. I'm not saying its perfect but it works pretty well. If anyone knows difference with digishield vs kgw or ive seen some coins say tehy have both, would like to know differences/togetherness if would be more effective.
anyone4u

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:59:52 AM

ok so if wafflepool was on our coin earlier then that means this monster was on it...
asics are here folks, here is what we need to solve really, this problem
http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp
Hash Rate:23.51 GH/s (15min approximated)
=kdc mining potcoin
possibly screwing things up...
might explain problems and difficulty @ 414

dev didn't want to switch earlier but now as hopefully he can see the problem.....
or is it best to have one user having 23.51ghash of network?
anyone4u

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:31:35 AM

ISSUES WITH BEING STUCK ON BLOCK 197672

we got hit by 45GH

The potcoin network was hit with with a big giant private NETWORK -  20 blocks where found in under 1 min -  the KGW kicked in and they jumped off.

PLS PLS EVERYONE CHECK YOUR VERSIONS AND UPDATE TO THE LATEST PATCHED VERSION WITH KGW.

Potcoin network had to wait the time it would take to solve those blocks  then everything resumed back to normal.

we will be investing who is doing this and the address of the private pool that came and solved those 20 blocks in 1 min.

WE WILL  ISSUE A NEW PATCH IN THE NEXT 1-2 MONTHS FIXING THIS AND ALSO MAKING THE CHANGES FOR HALVING THE BLOCK.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE NEWS>

It also doesn't make sense because pot hasnt been the most profitable for awhile, so why would an ass ton of miners on a multi just switch?

9hcJyBQshLZsxAuC7z2QEhdGdvaXLbXmHC
This appears to be the Potcoin address the coins were mined to. I assume the one the dev means to look in to.
Unfortunately the block explorer won't open the list of transactions  Undecided

Starting with this block (the odd block) you can step through and see after a few blocks to different addresses, every single one gets mined to this address
http://potchain.aprikos.net/block/d966b233c8cef71fa650d7947bcc68ec5ba191abe3f6c1836b8c12fc5b21a9c3

care2explain?

also,

we got hit by 45GH

ok so if wafflepool was on our coin earlier then that means this monster was on it...
asics are here folks, here is what we need to solve really, this problem
http://wafflepool.com/miner/14t8yB3PDGfZT3VppxMY4J9xiBaXUcZvKp
Hash Rate:23.51 GH/s (15min approximated)
=kdc mining potcoin
possibly screwing things up...
might explain problems and difficulty @ 414

dev didn't want to switch earlier but now as hopefully he can see the problem.....
or is it best to have one user having 23.51ghash of network?

So either kdc + waffle or since kdc has other miners but they are harder to find I can't pull stats up for them. It is though that they have the same amount of miners but hidden so they can't be as easily found. So say they make their own pool which may be why their unknown wallet was posted above and most of coins went there and it says "too much to list" or a variation of trans summary.

or/and?
Why on earth would you halve the rewards? Belay that and focus on security. Someone with either epic hashrate (more than all alt's combined) is toying with the coin, or it's someone attacking the network itself.

I am not sure who is doing this but its probably https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.0He was set out to destroy aurora and he managed to time warp it initiating the need for a fix. I am assuming since this is the only individual set on this mission from before and successfully doing it, its him again.

dwolfx

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:46:20 AM

;P This is why I dont like normal Scrypt algo, the multi-pools can jump in at any moment and fork the network. . . very insecure, in a few months when all the big ASICS kick in, multipools will jump from coin to coin causing problems. . . Imagine when one person has 2 GH? jump from coin to coin to coin.  . . dump dump dump the majority of the "stable hash" that doesn't move around in scrypt is locked up in Doge and LTC, thats why scrypt works for them, N-Factor = Best, freaking resist Multi-Pools and dumpers due to setup time, only coins that wont be getting dumped on are asic resistant ones.

Leetpools!
anyone4u

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:53:52 AM

I'll just post this here so if problems with kgw implementation is found it can be improved on here too. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895.0 <-- kgw last fix
anyone4u

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:56:34 AM

and if this helps
http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/23otk7/scryptominers_has_gone_dark_for_many_hours_any/
Scryptominers hacked
has ip in it
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:40:31 AM

I'm on a multipool that has hit POT in the last hour, hashco.ws. I'm new to multipools but want to try it out for a while. This pool has the option of keeping the coins that are hit at least, but yes, it's only going to get worse for coins that stick with scrypt.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:42:18 AM

;P This is why I dont like normal Scrypt algo, the multi-pools can jump in at any moment and fork the network. . . very insecure, in a few months when all the big ASICS kick in, multipools will jump from coin to coin causing problems. . . Imagine when one person has 2 GH? jump from coin to coin to coin.  . . dump dump dump the majority of the "stable hash" that doesn't move around in scrypt is locked up in Doge and LTC, thats why scrypt works for them, N-Factor = Best, freaking resist Multi-Pools and dumpers due to setup time, only coins that wont be getting dumped on are asic resistant ones.

You really don't get it. There are still a lot more GPUs mining than asics. And as more asics hit the market they are just replacing the GPU miners. Nobody is going out and buying GPUs to mine anymore. It happened a year ago with Bitcoin...or were you not paying attention?

ASICs did wonders for the bitcoin network. It silenced everybody who thought ASICs were bad. The only people still screaming about them are the fools who think they are somehow entitled to make a bunch of money because they have a few GPUs running in their basement.

ASICs are coming. Get over it.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:52:39 PM

In order for a coin to get used, it has to be available to the masses. With 6 BILLION+ people in the world, at bitcoins 21 million coins, it already creates scarcity. That can be said for any coin if the real plan for the end game is world wide adoption. The figures on a lot of these coins are pretty low, although there are a few that try to sort this out. They usually liquidate the market and the coins become worth nothing because everyone day trades everything into oblivion. The problem isn't asics, or dumping, it is that these coins are all WORTHLESS. If people pulled their heads from their asses and stopped to think, actually think about what gives money value, it isn't all prospecting and dreams. It is utility. Money is just a tool. Money is only valuable because you can exchange it for goods and services. To quote lamb of god, money is the excrement of labor. It is a byproduct of the shit we do. Now if someone spends 10k dollars on a rig to mine coins, in my mind, that adds some value to the coins. How ever many coins he mines with that rig is more or less equivalent to the 10k he spent on it. That is iff, others are willing to buy the coins and see utility in them.

Just because i love dog shit and collect baggies of it because i think it is beautiful, doesn't mean i am going to convince many others dog shit is beautiful and it would help them in their lives. That is how i feel about most of these coins, baggies of dog shit. I roll with potcoin because at least they have some plans and ideas and seem to be actualizing upon them.

Tons of coins have ideas and can tell you where they plan to be. How many are actually doing things to get there? Out of all the coins that are out there?

Isn't KGW working as intended? The network gets hit with huge hash and the well increases difficulty to counter the hash and maintain the same flow of coins. Then when it leaves it takes a while to find the next block, and after that is found the difficulty should jump down. Which seems to be what happened?

Bottom line, all the people crying about asics are the people who dreamed of getting rich off this shit. Now they are slowly losing grip on what seemed right within grasp. Never really was, but they are dreamers. They are the ones who haven't made enough money yet to buy the ascis and are upset they missed the train. The more money that gets dumped into the crypto game, the more than value of all the coins rise. It is simple. The weak coins get chewed up and destroyed, only the strong survive. This is the fun of investing, it is like gambling in which you expect to win. Gambling all the same. Risk and reward. Tough titties, people must not have heard that expression much before getting wrapped up in this crap. Life is never fair, and it isn't easy.

If asics are a death sentence, wtf is btc still doing around? Or any sha coin for that matter..  Roll Eyes

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
angryacorn

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:02:18 PM

In order for a coin to get used, it has to be available to the masses. With 6 BILLION+ people in the world, at bitcoins 21 million coins, it already creates scarcity. That can be said for any coin if the real plan for the end game is world wide adoption. The figures on a lot of these coins are pretty low, although there are a few that try to sort this out. They usually liquidate the market and the coins become worth nothing because everyone day trades everything into oblivion. The problem isn't asics, or dumping, it is that these coins are all WORTHLESS. If people pulled their heads from their asses and stopped to think, actually think about what gives money value, it isn't all prospecting and dreams. It is utility. Money is just a tool. Money is only valuable because you can exchange it for goods and services. To quote lamb of god, money is the excrement of labor. It is a byproduct of the shit we do. Now if someone spends 10k dollars on a rig to mine coins, in my mind, that adds some value to the coins. How ever many coins he mines with that rig is more or less equivalent to the 10k he spent on it. That is iff, others are willing to buy the coins and see utility in them.

Just because i love dog shit and collect baggies of it because i think it is beautiful, doesn't mean i am going to convince many others dog shit is beautiful and it would help them in their lives. That is how i feel about most of these coins, baggies of dog shit. I roll with potcoin because at least they have some plans and ideas and seem to be actualizing upon them.

Tons of coins have ideas and can tell you where they plan to be. How many are actually doing things to get there? Out of all the coins that are out there?

Isn't KGW working as intended? The network gets hit with huge hash and the well increases difficulty to counter the hash and maintain the same flow of coins. Then when it leaves it takes a while to find the next block, and after that is found the difficulty should jump down. Which seems to be what happened?

Bottom line, all the people crying about asics are the people who dreamed of getting rich off this shit. Now they are slowly losing grip on what seemed right within grasp. Never really was, but they are dreamers. They are the ones who haven't made enough money yet to buy the ascis and are upset they missed the train. The more money that gets dumped into the crypto game, the more than value of all the coins rise. It is simple. The weak coins get chewed up and destroyed, only the strong survive. This is the fun of investing, it is like gambling in which you expect to win. Gambling all the same. Risk and reward. Tough titties, people must not have heard that expression much before getting wrapped up in this crap. Life is never fair, and it isn't easy.

If asics are a death sentence, wtf is btc still doing around? Or any sha coin for that matter..  Roll Eyes

well said sir well said! I too collect dog shit in little baggies! Cheesy glad i'm not alone
angryacorn

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:04:02 PM

also im gonna keep asking because it was so pumped up! WHAT happened over 4/20?Huh?? atleast a "we have news, sit tight" would be nice! Iv read more about potcoin 4/20 on the dope thread than here.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:07:27 PM

People need to stop with the childish understanding of crypto, talking about changing block sizes and changing algo. What do you guys think happened to bitcoin when ASICs started coming around? The same thing. There were TONS of pools even a year ago, not as many now. You have to let the evolution take place. The chain will continue, it just may not favor a small pool per-se. Bitcoin forked several times, and look where it's at now.

ASIC = security. You shouldn't question this either because you're seeing the results of a coin which currently ISN'T supported by ASIC right now. If you want your coin to be taken seriously, you leave the architecture where it's at and simply let the chain mature.

No algo is ASIC proof, it may only be resistant for a period of time. I can tell you that there are 2 major companies developing multi-algo ASIC. What are you going to do when all the algo's are ASIC? Drop this type of talk. Keep it scrypt, keep the rewards where they're at, and have your pool operators do something to attract more attention.

I could point you to 5..10...20 coins which all changed algo and reward because of this fear. They're dead now. If anything needs tweaking, it would be the difficulty algo. Adjust KGW to not allow serial blocks far under coin spec, or maybe look into darkwave algo?

If your coin has a tangible real-world use, nothing will stop its movement, its use or prevent its value from rising.

Until potcoin is a common household name, you won't see this level of adoption, so you need to strap in for the long haul. Also, there needs to be more info on how the 4/20 stuff went down. Everyone was looking to this for months.. and now silence. Not cool at all.

ironhammer5

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 01:58:42 PM

Also, there needs to be more info on how the 4/20 stuff went down. Everyone was looking to this for months.. and now silence. Not cool at all.

In case people here missed it (I've not shared it here as I am only really a lurker in these parts), I did a 50 minute interview with PotCoin developer Smokemon514 after 4/20 to recap some of what went down in Denver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mpVNzbSqoM
kcminer

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:37:57 PM

fixed see bolded

kgw calculates difficulty supposably on fly. Put 1gh on coin=difficulty changes, pre-kgw it would take a while then kgw would kick in or whatever later = miners stuck mining tough blocks and original big miners leave, coming back when diff gets lower & repeat. I'm not saying its perfect but it works pretty well. If anyone knows difference with digishield vs kgw or ive seen some coins say tehy have both, would like to know differences/togetherness if would be more effective.

I understand how it works from a 10,000ft view. I'm hoping someone can give me the pseudo code on it? Smiley

I'll look for a KGW thread.

Gift cards for LTC and DOGE at ltcasics.com!
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:35:21 AM

the key to get more people interested in Potcoin is responding thur-out the day and keeping this thread on page 1 or 2.

found potcoin on page 7 today.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: