Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920051 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:28:59 PM

Most debit cards have daily limits. (Not that you'd run into them when buying stuff.) However I regularly do transactions that exceed those limits, so my solution was to get several bank cards, or send some to my brother to split the withdrawal amount.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hyeoam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:33:04 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/POT

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:51:00 PM

IMO Potcoin has the same chance as Dogecoin in becoming popular. Many here are arguing that there doesn't need to be an industry specific coin and it's pointless. Well, so is Dogecoin if you look at it that way. People could just as easily tip on Reddit with Bitcoin, or get Bitcoin sponsored on a race car. The point is simple, they can relate to the meme and that's their driving force. People who aren't inclined to bother with Bitcoin or Doge might just get interested in Potcoin.

Maybe Potcoin needs a second function. Something like setting up donations to for people who need help with legal fees. Or maybe donating to sponsor legalization rallies and the like. We need to think outside the box on this one.

<Insert favorite coin here>
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:05:23 AM

That's exactly what it needs.  I suggested long ago that the best use of this "coin" would be to make it physical and sell it through stores (read: dispensaries) with proceeds going to a cause.

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:03:07 AM

CUSTOMER APPRECIATION MONTH THIS MONTH AT PIXSKULL!

Every purchase from our Sale Items page, gets you entered for your chance to WIN one of these great Items!

DETAILS HERE!
http://pixskull.com/?page_id=3453

$5- Chillum (1 Entry)
$20- 2 Chillums & Clear Pipe (5 Entries)
$25- 2 Chillums & Color Pipe (10 Entries)
$50- 5 Chillums w/ Clear Pipe & Color Pipe (25 Entries)
$100- 10 Chillums w/ Color Pipe, Clear Pipe & Color Bubbler (50 Entries)
$200- 15 Chillums w/ 2 Color Pipes, 2 Clear Pipes, Color Bubbler, Pint Glass, & Bong! (75 Entries)
$300- 15 Chillums w/ 2 Color Pipes, 2 Clear Pipes, Color Bubbler, Pint Glass, Bong, & Dab Rig (Includes Hood, Nail, Dish & Dabber) (100 Entries)
$300 Package includeds Custom Engraving of standard logo or lettering of ONE of these items

Potcoin is Accepted Via Coinpayments.net, Paypal, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Visa/Mastercard, etc!

If you have any questions or requests let us know!  Site is Brand New and still in the process of being worked on since our partnership has been established!

We just finished this one up this weekend, and will be offering custom engraved pieces as well!

Information Located here:http://pixskull.com/?p=3481

Entered  Smiley

Used Coinpayments for the second time...I have to say I like the service.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
pixskull

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

We support you for as long as you need.

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:05:53 AM

CUSTOMER APPRECIATION MONTH THIS MONTH AT PIXSKULL!

Every purchase from our Sale Items page, gets you entered for your chance to WIN one of these great Items!

DETAILS HERE!
http://pixskull.com/?page_id=3453

$5- Chillum (1 Entry)
$20- 2 Chillums & Clear Pipe (5 Entries)
$25- 2 Chillums & Color Pipe (10 Entries)
$50- 5 Chillums w/ Clear Pipe & Color Pipe (25 Entries)
$100- 10 Chillums w/ Color Pipe, Clear Pipe & Color Bubbler (50 Entries)
$200- 15 Chillums w/ 2 Color Pipes, 2 Clear Pipes, Color Bubbler, Pint Glass, & Bong! (75 Entries)
$300- 15 Chillums w/ 2 Color Pipes, 2 Clear Pipes, Color Bubbler, Pint Glass, Bong, & Dab Rig (Includes Hood, Nail, Dish & Dabber) (100 Entries)
$300 Package includeds Custom Engraving of standard logo or lettering of ONE of these items

Potcoin is Accepted Via Coinpayments.net, Paypal, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Visa/Mastercard, etc!

If you have any questions or requests let us know!  Site is Brand New and still in the process of being worked on since our partnership has been established!

We just finished this one up this weekend, and will be offering custom engraved pieces as well!

Information Located here:http://pixskull.com/?p=3481

Entered  Smiley

Used Coinpayments for the second time...I have to say I like the service.

Awesome Chronikka!

We see your purchase as well as a few others, and as we are still learning coinpayments I guess it's just waiting for the confirmations.  But we will get this out shortly to you!  Thanks!
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:07:34 AM

good to see pot on page one

lets try to get this coin over 2000, then 3000, then 5000...ect.
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:50:24 AM

We are already making branded paper wallets and cards with just a public address so that customers with no ability to use a phone or computer can still use potcoins as a reward system.

We are also giving dispensaries 10,000 coins to give away to their clients.

The campaigns will start shorlty.

Potcoin airdrop in denver and washington.

Its going to be awesome sauce.

More new soon

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:52:28 AM

IMO Potcoin has the same chance as Dogecoin in becoming popular. Many here are arguing that there doesn't need to be an industry specific coin and it's pointless. Well, so is Dogecoin if you look at it that way. People could just as easily tip on Reddit with Bitcoin, or get Bitcoin sponsored on a race car. The point is simple, they can relate to the meme and that's their driving force. People who aren't inclined to bother with Bitcoin or Doge might just get interested in Potcoin.

Maybe Potcoin needs a second function. Something like setting up donations to for people who need help with legal fees. Or maybe donating to sponsor legalization rallies and the like. We need to think outside the box on this one.

I was going to wait to annunce this but...

Www.greenstring.org

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:07:03 AM

Www.greenstring.org

It's obvious you are the site's author.
deanpreese66

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:33:54 AM

Www.greenstring.org

Obvious yes ... I have made an open invitation to help ....  and ......

PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 04:45:41 AM

Www.greenstring.org

yes i know...

i made the site..

whats your point viceroy??

green strings was our idea.

we want to raise awareness of legalization of cannabis and support all charities related.

its similar to red strings in israel.

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:36:24 PM

They also continue to proclaim being THE OFFICIAL coin of pot, but they're not. They're one of several, until one is clearly chosen by the community and heralded by 3rd party groups as the official coin.

I think it is attention grabbing, and there is no regulation. How does one even become the official crypto currency of any industry? You just say you are, and make it as so. Just saying you are is not enough though, you need to make it as such. I am hoping that it is coming.

I entirely get that, trust me. But it's a 2 edged sword. People will think, this is the official coin of pot, but:

I don't see it on the ground
I don't hear about it
What is potcoin?
Can I use it at all dispensaries?
if it's the official, why aren't folks taking it seriously in the industry

Etc..

I'm not knocking them, I'm just saying that they could be shooting themselves in the foot.

Smokepotcoins.com lists places that accept potcoin.

Ok but that goes right back to my point: Where is it proclaimed on the main page? You have everything but "places to use potcoin" listed at the top of the page.

deanpreese66

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:10:55 PM

Bitcoin was the pioneer. Don't forget that Bitcoin gained notoriety because of Silk Road and the illegal transactions. As illegal as it may have been, it bridged the virtual/physical gap.

I have been on board mining POT since day one. I believe the opportunity in POT is unusual in the crypto world because it has that same chance to target a very defined and accessible market and bridge the virtual/physical gap. 

In order to gain a legitimate status and bridge the gap, we need community, focus, trust and transparency/communication -- which roll together as adoption.

As an investor and interested party --  Here are some key things that would move POT forward

1)  There needs to be a very conscious effort to legitimize the coin and efforts. As a start, the Website needs to have clear pictures and biographies of all major participants and officers - if you really want to be clear and transparent, add a very clear view into their POT holdings. All participants need to be referenced by name and communication channels need to be opened.

Right now the links at the bottom of the potcoin.info take you to error pages for  smokemon514 and   Mr Jones

Transparency/Communication and Trust  --- people will now know who they are investing

2)  We have heard so much about Denver -- where are the press releases ?  One press release would make this coin viable, legitimate and firmly place it out front

Transparency/Communication and Strategy -- send a message that this coin is not dead, its thriving and growing -- "Come join us"

3)  Devs need to fix the bugs and issues.

Focus and Trust -- no communication from developers automatically allwos people to expect the worse -- there is no reason for this to happen

4) Engage the community.  The DOGE community is huge and strong -- it is got there by being very active here, Reddit, Twitter, etc.  This needs to be a priority -- get the word out on a daily basis about why and how POT will become the best thing in the Cannabis world.  And engage the community and let them help spread the word. 

Community and Transparency  -- cures many issues and only serves to grow and build the brand

These are simple things that would kill all the rumors and trash talking and at the same time give immense confidence to this coin and community. The growth of this coin and concept relies on trust, focus and transparency.  Without those things serious investors will eventually walk away.

While there are LOTS of trolls on here, I am not ... I am the owner of a software development/website company, I have been a part of multiple startups and a 20+ year veteran trader of stocks, commodities and currencies, I know a thing or two the software business, trading and launching products. (and willingly can provide all the proof if necessary).  I don't have all the answers or even most, by any stretch of the imagination. BUT I wrote most of this yesterday and even offered to pitch in and help ... and got ...

DRUM ROLL Please ....... zero, nada, zilch, response

Surprisingly enough, I really don't like being pushy ... but when an interested person, that is trying to help, and has skills to help, is ignored completely .... that is both unfortunate and depressing.  It also causes me to question my fervor and championing of POT. The more supporters and people offering ideas and willingness to help, like me, that are either dismissed, ignored or battled against, the more likely they are to walk away. 

I believe in the idea of a Cannabis targeted coin - there are three I am aware --- POT, CCN and DOPE. I own some of each with POT being my biggest stake. The simple truth about startup operations is that one is likely to wildly succeed. One will die on the vine and the third will flounder and eventually die or be consumed by some other entity. The winner will succeed because they became legit by staying focused on community, strategy trust and transparency/communication.

PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 06:22:17 PM

That's exactly what it needs.  I suggested long ago that the best use of this "coin" would be to make it physical and sell it through stores (read: dispensaries) with proceeds going to a cause.

so we have a physical model that can be printed in almost any material.  We also have paper wallets and we have plastic card wallets that we can be filled up by merchants and then given to clients loaded with potcoins.  We also plan on making merchandise that would come loaded with coins.

viceroy seems we know some similar people id like to talk more with you about getting potcoin adopted. we have a man in denver that is taking care of the ATM's and training staff about accepting and giving away potcoins.   we also want to give aways coins to merchants who sign up so they can give them away kind of like air miles...   we have had this in mind for a while but now that we are working with river rock we will see how it works in the real world at a mainstream dispensary.

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:03:44 PM

Bitcoin was the pioneer. Don't forget that Bitcoin gained notoriety because of Silk Road and the illegal transactions. As illegal as it may have been, it bridged the virtual/physical gap.

I have been on board mining POT since day one. I believe the opportunity in POT is unusual in the crypto world because it has that same chance to target a very defined and accessible market and bridge the virtual/physical gap. 

In order to gain a legitimate status and bridge the gap, we need community, focus, trust and transparency/communication -- which roll together as adoption.

As an investor and interested party --  Here are some key things that would move POT forward

1)  There needs to be a very conscious effort to legitimize the coin and efforts. As a start, the Website needs to have clear pictures and biographies of all major participants and officers - if you really want to be clear and transparent, add a very clear view into their POT holdings. All participants need to be referenced by name and communication channels need to be opened.

Right now the links at the bottom of the potcoin.info take you to error pages for  smokemon514 and   Mr Jones

Transparency/Communication and Trust  --- people will now know who they are investing

2)  We have heard so much about Denver -- where are the press releases ?  One press release would make this coin viable, legitimate and firmly place it out front

Transparency/Communication and Strategy -- send a message that this coin is not dead, its thriving and growing -- "Come join us"

3)  Devs need to fix the bugs and issues.

Focus and Trust -- no communication from developers automatically allwos people to expect the worse -- there is no reason for this to happen

4) Engage the community.  The DOGE community is huge and strong -- it is got there by being very active here, Reddit, Twitter, etc.  This needs to be a priority -- get the word out on a daily basis about why and how POT will become the best thing in the Cannabis world.  And engage the community and let them help spread the word. 

Community and Transparency  -- cures many issues and only serves to grow and build the brand

These are simple things that would kill all the rumors and trash talking and at the same time give immense confidence to this coin and community. The growth of this coin and concept relies on trust, focus and transparency.  Without those things serious investors will eventually walk away.

While there are LOTS of trolls on here, I am not ... I am the owner of a software development/website company, I have been a part of multiple startups and a 20+ year veteran trader of stocks, commodities and currencies, I know a thing or two the software business, trading and launching products. (and willingly can provide all the proof if necessary).  I don't have all the answers or even most, by any stretch of the imagination. BUT I wrote most of this yesterday and even offered to pitch in and help ... and got ...

DRUM ROLL Please ....... zero, nada, zilch, response

Surprisingly enough, I really don't like being pushy ... but when an interested person, that is trying to help, and has skills to help, is ignored completely .... that is both unfortunate and depressing.  It also causes me to question my fervor and championing of POT. The more supporters and people offering ideas and willingness to help, like me, that are either dismissed, ignored or battled against, the more likely they are to walk away. 

I believe in the idea of a Cannabis targeted coin - there are three I am aware --- POT, CCN and DOPE. I own some of each with POT being my biggest stake. The simple truth about startup operations is that one is likely to wildly succeed. One will die on the vine and the third will flounder and eventually die or be consumed by some other entity. The winner will succeed because they became legit by staying focused on community, strategy trust and transparency/communication.

hey dean i like to see people like you giving us a piece of your mind on what the community wants and needs, and im right there with you.
we have been on the road for over a month and now we are finally back in montreal and our offices and we can focus on work and getting all of the above done. 

id like to know where you tried to contact us?  we usually respond to things writing 24/48 hours.

1. One of our major issues is that Potcoin grew much faster and bigger than we expected, then we got investors and had to do the whole business side of things. We also had to work on getting our trademark done and get all the legal documents and stuff to form a real business entity.  If you factor the potcoin team going to NYC for the crypto currency conference, then going to denver for cannabis cup and promoting plus on top of that all the interviews, emails, calls social media etc.   its been way to much for us to do, so then we had to go out and get credible people to work with us and set them up within the company and bring them up to speed is also very time consuming.  We are working hard at growing the company, but at the same time its not easy.

2. As for media we are going over all the video footage, all the photos have been posted on facebook but that needs to be put out to a few more places.
We are working on a press release this week about merchants and specifically working with river rock medical and the placement of the ATM's. We want to centralise all news from now on so that it starts with us from our website then goes out to everyone else.  We also want to have a weekly news update so everyone know what news comes out on that day every week. 

3. We are going to be releasing a list of projects and timelines for the future of potcoin so everyone can see what we are doing and what the progress is. This will help give us goals and clearly show the community whats going on and how they can help or what they should look forward to. We know what we need to do and we have the next year planned, but its going to help calm the community down knowing what we are up to every week.

4. We want to engage the community and we want them to engage us also, this is the key in creating a successful large community.

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:13:18 PM

good to see pot on page one

lets try to get this coin over 2000, then 3000, then 5000...ect.

thanks for the support and tell your friends!

and look more good news!

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-alaska-pot-legalization-vote-pushed-back-to-november-2014-21#!JHDkj

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:44:09 PM

They also continue to proclaim being THE OFFICIAL coin of pot, but they're not. They're one of several, until one is clearly chosen by the community and heralded by 3rd party groups as the official coin.

I think it is attention grabbing, and there is no regulation. How does one even become the official crypto currency of any industry? You just say you are, and make it as so. Just saying you are is not enough though, you need to make it as such. I am hoping that it is coming.

I entirely get that, trust me. But it's a 2 edged sword. People will think, this is the official coin of pot, but:

I don't hear about it
What is potcoin?

Etc..

I'm not knocking them, I'm just saying that they could be shooting themselves in the foot.

Ok but that goes right back to my point: Where is it proclaimed on the main page? You have everything but "places to use potcoin" listed at the top of the page.

I much would have preferred to see something like "working towards becoming the industry standard; Potcoin" As it is always easier for the critics to tear you down if you claim to be the best from the get go. It is much harder for the critics to hold any validity if you never make outrageous claims to begin with. Yeah, when ever i think about it, you can't double back and redact that you once claimed to be the official coin of the industry, that makes you look even more weak? I do agree with you but don't see any good that comes from anything short of just sticking with the original lofty claim and trying your butt off to live up to it. I think any other attempt at correcting it looks worse? Casts the shadow of doubt.

Making things as easy as possible is certainly something that should be done. Placing a button right under the "download the app!!!" button that says "See merchants accepting potcoin" is a no brainer.

Makes me wonder how many people are on the devs team. I would look to make the guy who pimped out the reddit the guy in charge of my sites and stuff, if he has the knowledge of what ever code they use these days. How much effort does it really take to make a link button? You do have this other little problem, how many merchants accept potcoin. Gonna click a link to an empty page? I know i know, there are like 6 or 7 of them so far.

I wonder how much of a turn off calling it POT instead of PTC is for some merchants. I still don't get that one. I naturally wanna call it PTC, it just feels right to me.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:48:47 PM

You said a lot of good things, but that right there. That is what i have been trying to find the words to describe and why i think potcoin has a future.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:20:17 PM

I don't hear about it
What is potcoin?

Etc..

I much would have preferred to see something like "working towards becoming the industry standard; Potcoin" As it is always easier for the critics to tear you down if you claim to be the best from the get go. It is much harder for the critics to hold any validity if you never make outrageous claims to begin with. Yeah, when ever i think about it, you can't double back and redact that you once claimed to be the official coin of the industry, that makes you look even more weak? I do agree with you but don't see any good that comes from anything short of just sticking with the original lofty claim and trying your butt off to live up to it. I think any other attempt at correcting it looks worse? Casts the shadow of doubt.

Making things as easy as possible is certainly something that should be done. Placing a button right under the "download the app!!!" button that says "See merchants accepting potcoin" is a no brainer.

Makes me wonder how many people are on the devs team. I would look to make the guy who pimped out the reddit the guy in charge of my sites and stuff, if he has the knowledge of what ever code they use these days. How much effort does it really take to make a link button? You do have this other little problem, how many merchants accept potcoin. Gonna click a link to an empty page? I know i know, there are like 6 or 7 of them so far.

I wonder how much of a turn off calling it POT instead of PTC is for some merchants. I still don't get that one. I naturally wanna call it PTC, it just feels right to me.

i agree with the merchant thing and the button, you can sign up as a merchant but im going to add a button for the list.

as for POT or PTC  -  yes PTC is more politically correct. but the fact is this coin is to buy cannabis products and we should have no shame or problems with the stigma related.  We are here to support the legalisation and to make cannabis accepted by people just like buying smokes or beer is.

if you remember prohibition then this is pretty similar.  this is a long term project with long term goals, we cant change the world overnight.

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: