Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:05:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920055 times)
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 02:25:27 PM

http://p2pool.e-pool.net:8989/static/

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:34:28 PM

pixskull, you have a typo. Poitcoin. Smiley (now go send me some POT.)

PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:08:48 AM

POTCOIN HALVING ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey everyone, so this is big announcement that we have all been waiting for and has been overdue but we wanted to be back at home base to do it after our travels.

So here is the halving timeline

The block will halve at block 280,000 to 210 Coins per block  ( thats roughly 3 week - june 1 )

Then roughly 4 times a year of every 180,000 blocks

280k = 210
460k = 105
640k = 52.5
820k = 26.25
1million = 13.125

We are working on the new wallets and we are aiming to release them on Monday.

We are also going to be changing the Block re targeting to faster to help prevent again multipools

we are testing different times on the testnet and we will post our results on monday.

We are working hard and have much planned, we want to release a free android wallet that based on

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet

We also are fixing potchain.net that is our version of insight and we hope to have it up shortly.

Getting the word out to everyone to update is key as usual to this so this is what we are doing.

We will use twitter #Potcoinhalving

We will Pin and article in REDDIT at the top.

On facebook we will also have it posted often

i will update bitcointalk often repeating it.

IRC will also have the topic changed and a countdown

Also the website will have an article and Main Page Menu linking to it. 

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:33:59 AM

Update on river rock

Our Colorado Ambassador Russel thomas is going to be meeting john the ceo on tuesday at the dispensary to discuss where the ATM will go and how we will secure it - we will also be placing our big pop potcoin banners next to the atm.

We hope to have the first ATM at the main river rock location by the end of next week, we will should no tho by Wednesday.

We are very excited about this and we will be doing A formal press release in conjunction with river rock medical and combine forces to do a good social media push together.

We have been also getting lots of people filling out of merchant on the website and we look forward to getting them accepting potcoins and getting them listed on smokepotcoins and potcoinme

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:50:43 AM

I unfortunately agree with Vlad.

Bitcoin was the pioneer. Don't forget that Bitcoin gained notoriety because of Silk Road and the illegal transactions. Still the only reason it has any value today is that bridges the virtual/physical gap.

I LOVE the concept and draw of Potcoin, but bridging that gap in the Cannabis world is critical.  At every opportunity for  positive press to be released, it needs to be ... even if its a trial, experiment or beta.  The BUZZ needs to grow and Potcoin needs to grow into is tagline.

As an investor and interested party --  Here are some key things:

1)  There needs to be a very conscious effort to legitimize the coin and efforts. As a start, the Website needs to have clear BIOS of all major participants and officers and all also a very clear view into their POT holdings. All participants need to be referenced by name and communication channels need to be opened.

2)  We have heard so much about Denver -- where are the press releases ?  One press release would make this coin skyrocket and firmly place it out front in the niche.

3)  Devs need to fix the bugs and issues.

4) Engage the community.  The DOGE community is huge and strong -- it is got there by being very active here, Reddit, Twitter, etc.  This needs to be a priority -- get the word out on a daily basis about why and how POT will become the best thing in the Cannabis world.

These are simple things that would kill all the rumors and trash talking and at the same time give immense confidence to this coin and community.

FINALLY  -- if you are not part of the solution,  your part of the problem .....  I own and run a software/web development company and am also a 20+ investor in virtually every traded market. I would be happy to pitch in and help.

The growth of this coin and concept relies on trust, focus and transparency.  Without those things serious investors will eventually walk away.

im super down, ive just been very busy. monday i have meetings all day with investors but on tuesday im free lets get on a call and talk.

email me your contact info to smokemon@potcoin.info

we are always looking for talented people to help out and work with us.

thanks for your offer and sorry for the late reply.

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:49:31 AM

River rockdispensary shouts out potcoin on twitter.

http://imgur.com/oIfvQCw

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
bonesoul

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 09:06:57 AM

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:45:09 PM

Update on river rock

Our Colorado Ambassador Russel thomas is going to be meeting john the ceo on tuesday at the dispensary to discuss where the ATM will go and how we will secure it - we will also be placing our big pop potcoin banners next to the atm.

We hope to have the first ATM at the main river rock location by the end of next week, we will should no tho by Wednesday.

We are very excited about this and we will be doing A formal press release in conjunction with river rock medical and combine forces to do a good social media push together.

We have been also getting lots of people filling out of merchant on the website and we look forward to getting them accepting potcoins and getting them listed on smokepotcoins and potcoinme

Don't you think its quite important to stabilize the exchange rate if you want to exchange fiat for POT at your ATMs?
And provide some liquidity in a certain price range?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bdc2343

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:52:34 PM

flipme brings up a good point.  River Rock can set the price of a potcoin to any value and run the ATM's offline.  It's important on how they implement the use of potcoin.  Everyone would win big if they set it to like $1.  Run a Press Release on that.....i bet you won't be able to trade on Cryptsy with so many people buying potcoin. 

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:02:33 PM

Update on river rock

Don't you think its quite important to stabilize the exchange rate if you want to exchange fiat for POT at your ATMs?

I think the price has been incredibly stable of late. Only minor fluctuations Between 800 and 1000 satoshi. Maybe you just don't think its high enough?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
flipme

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:27:08 PM

Update on river rock

I think the price has been incredibly stable of late. Only minor fluctuations Between 800 and 1000 satoshi. Maybe you just don't think its high enough?

There is only marginal volume and interest in the coin.
With a couple of 100 BTC you could manipulate the exchange rate to your liking in minutes.
This is a bad foundation for a currency in general.

Without any intervention I only see it declining further, due to the crazy amount of coins already available, and the amount of coins mined daily.
As I mentioned before, I think sticking to Scrypt was a major mistake... but there seems to be a private internal interest in doing so, what to say.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Chronikka

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:35:42 PM

Update on river rock

With a couple of 100 BTC you could manipulate the exchange rate to your liking in minutes.

Without any intervention I only see it declining further, due to the crazy amount of coins already available, and the amount of coins mined daily.
As I mentioned before, I think sticking to Scrypt was a major mistake... but there seems to be a private internal interest in doing so, what to say.

This coin is directed at a pretty niche market. I think you can expect volume to be lower simply because fewer people are using the coin.

As for intervention...I'm not of the belief we should intervene in a free market. The price is what it is. Changing the algorithm was not going to do much, but halving the coin certainly will. You can expect a spike in volume and price right before the halving.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
flipme

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:49:08 PM

Update on river rock

This coin is directed at a pretty niche market. I think you can expect volume to be lower simply because fewer people are using the coin.

As for intervention...I'm not of the belief we should intervene in a free market. The price is what it is. Changing the algorithm was not going to do much, but halving the coin certainly will. You can expect a spike in volume and price right before the halving.

Ah really? The DOGE experience tells us a different story. Halving supply meant halving the exchange rate.
Thats your plan? Great outlook! I'll dump this coin on the next leg up.

You got a good idea and seem to work on it, but as for real world applications you're stoner delusional.
If you are not intervening, somebody else will, to their liking, and do with your coin however they feel suit.
And I bet you will intervene, alone to compensate for the ATMs and to the people running them.
Can't wait for the next big pump to occur.

And sure its too late now to change the algo. If you'd had done it early, you'd have much better control of the supply now.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Chronikka

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:19:07 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 03:33:16 PM by Chronikka

Update on river rock

Ah really? The DOGE experience tells us a different story. Halving supply meant halving the exchange rate.
Thats your plan? Great outlook! I'll dump this coin on the next leg up.

You got a good idea and seem to work on it, but as for real world applications you're stoner delusional.
If you are not intervening, somebody else will, to their liking, and do with your coin however they feel suit.
And I bet you will intervene, alone to compensate for the ATMs and to the people running them.
Can't wait for the next big pump to occur.

And sure its too late now to change the algo. If you'd had done it early, you'd have much better control of the supply now.

Dogecoin comparisons, really? Dogecoin collapsed because its growth was rampant. The price skyrocketed right before the halving (Feb 14th). Or did you forget?

What would changing the algorithm do? Please tell me.

You must be another fool who bought $400 GPUs and doesn't want to take a loss on them.

flipme

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:14:05 PM

I'd rather tell it to a brick of milk, than to argue with that troll again.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
HowDoge

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Miner & crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:23:26 PM

Guys, has anyone noticed the TXfee on the webwallet is messed up. Everytime I try to send potcoins it wants to charge 126.6 potcoins when it should only be a few potcoins in TXfees. Something is very very wrong with the webwallet :/
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:24:35 PM

Everyone is forgetting how new the crypto world is. It's going to be years before all the markets are stable, not weeks or months. Don't focus on the price it's irrelevant if there aren't people using it. This ATM is the first step in getting some of the billions of dollars flowing through the coin and getting people to actually use the coin at a brick and mortar store. Outside of Bitcoin, I can't really think of any other alts that can make this claim.

<Insert favorite coin here>
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:16:44 PM

Hey everyone, so this is big announcement that we have all been waiting for and has been overdue but we wanted to be back at home base to do it after our travels.

The block will halve at block 280,000 to 210 Coins per block  ( thats roughly 3 week - june 1 )

Why would this even be on the radar?  There is no need for a block halving.

You say "... we have all been waiting for...", but who is "we"?  The reddit folks?  I'm guessing you really forget where your core supporters are.  You halve the reward, you kill the miner's interest in the coin.  You kill the miner's interest, and the network hashrate drops to a fraction of what it is now.

I'm going to go on record as saying I don't support this change at all.  First you pretty much ignore this community for Reddit, and now this... what a shame.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
SuperSta

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:58:38 PM

http://pot.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 60 Seconds (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0%
Multi-Pool Shoutbox: Enabled
Stratum Locations:   

PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

Why would this even be on the radar?  There is no need for a block halving.

You say "... we have all been waiting for...", but who is "we"?  The reddit folks?  I'm guessing you really forget where your core supporters are.  You halve the reward, you kill the miner's interest in the coin.  You kill the miner's interest, and the network hashrate drops to a fraction of what it is now.

I'm going to go on record as saying I don't support this change at all.  First you pretty much ignore this community for Reddit, and now this... what a shame.

-Fuse

Im sorry you feel that way but, we asked the community all over and all.networks and here and everyone feels that their are to many coins be mined daily and not enough use yet so the best solution is to halve the block reward.

Im sorry we cant please everyone

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: