Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:28:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920064 times)
bdc2343

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:08:17 PM

Check this out:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-bullion-dealers-seek-asian-market-entrance-singapore/

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:31:13 PM

I have been lurking ever since I heard of bitcoin and that was when it was at 60 cents. When it went over $1000 I really paid attention but I never got in on the action until 3days ago when I realized how Potcoin of all the cryptos was the most stable of them all.

I asked myself why is it so stable while the others are so volatile? It was obvious to me its because unlike Bitcoin, Potcoin comes with a built in userbase. The worldwide cannabis community. Potcoin has the potential to be actually used as a currency just like Bitcoin was intended to be.

I have no doubt in my mind that Potcoin will ecplipse Bitcoin and become the coin that brings digital currency mainstream. If Bitcoin can become a success w/ no userbase and its just the concept of digital currency that is driving it well imagine what a crypto currency w/ billions? of built in users can achieve.

I have no doubt in my mind that holders of potcoin will become extremely wealthy within a short period of time. This is the reason every cent I can muster is going into potcoin.

I was going to say "if" but I firmly believe its "when" ICMAG, seedbay & seedboutique get on board w/ Potcoin that will be the turning Point that changes everything.

I too feel very similar. The period of time, the length is relative. I of course am hoping it is on the shorter end of the spectrum, no doubt.

The logic behind why you feel if the seedbanks hop on board it will help a lot, makes sense to me. It then creates demand for the coin because it is the means of obtaining something with a much better mask of anonymity. I do think it is just a matter of time. For all the alts out there i think this coin certainly has a lot more presence than most, yet it could always be more.   

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
PotcoinJoint

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:31:40 PM

Hello Potcoin Community,

We are excited to announce we have launched www.PotcoinJoint.com 3 days ago and the community is already growing. It is a dedicated community forum for the Potcoin currency,

FREE Potcoins Rewards Program, http://www.potcoinjoint.com/free-potcoin-rewards , Get 5 Potcoins just for registering and submit your first post/topic.

For a limited time, get FREE Potcoins for helping grow the PotcoinJoint community.

Interested in getting involved and getting FREE Potcoins? Feel free to contact us, we are always looking for Potcoin fans to join the team.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers
fortune143

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

favours the true

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:35:46 PM

I have been lurking ever since I heard of bitcoin and that was when it was at 60 cents. When it went over $1000 I really paid attention but I never got in on the action until 3days ago when I realized how Potcoin of all the cryptos was the most stable of them all.

I asked myself why is it so stable while the others are so volatile? It was obvious to me its because unlike Bitcoin, Potcoin comes with a built in userbase. The worldwide cannabis community. Potcoin has the potential to be actually used as a currency just like Bitcoin was intended to be.

I have no doubt in my mind that Potcoin will ecplipse Bitcoin and become the coin that brings digital currency mainstream. If Bitcoin can become a success w/ no userbase and its just the concept of digital currency that is driving it well imagine what a crypto currency w/ billions? of built in users can achieve.

I have no doubt in my mind that holders of potcoin will become extremely wealthy within a short period of time. This is the reason every cent I can muster is going into potcoin.

I was going to say "if" but I firmly believe its "when" ICMAG, seedbay & seedboutique get on board w/ Potcoin that will be the turning Point that changes everything.

I too feel very similar. The period of time, the length is relative. I of course am hoping it is on the shorter end of the spectrum, no doubt.

The logic behind why you feel if the seedbanks hop on board it will help a lot, makes sense to me. It then creates demand for the coin because it is the means of obtaining something with a much better mask of anonymity. I do think it is just a matter of time. For all the alts out there i think this coin certainly has a lot more presence than most, yet it could always be more.   

Well these guys just started accepting Blackcoin --> https://twitter.com/bitcoinseeds/status/474873322476670977

Maybe they might start accepting Potcoin if something was put to them

potential is great, but its just potential.
PotcoinJoint

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:09:33 PM

Hello Potcoin Community,

We are excited to announce we have launched www.PotcoinJoint.com 3 days ago and the community is already growing. It is a dedicated community forum for the Potcoin currency,

FREE Potcoins Rewards Program, http://www.potcoinjoint.com/free-potcoin-rewards , Get 5 Potcoins just for registering and submit your first post/topic.

For a limited time, get FREE Potcoins for helping grow the PotcoinJoint community.

Interested in getting involved and getting FREE Potcoins? Feel free to contact us, we are always looking for Potcoin fans to join the team.

Cheers
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:48:06 PM

https://coinking.io

Potcoin: stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:3358
         Scrypt Multipool: stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:7777

About COINKING.io
         50+ Coins
         1% Pool Fee
         Custom Coded from the ground up for scalability
         Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, X13, SHA256, Quark Support
         Multipools for Scrypt, Scrypt-N, X11, X13, SHA256
         American, European, and Asian stratum servers
         Auto-Convert block rewards to BTC/DOGE/LTC/FLT/WC/VTC/CINNI/WEST/PC/DRK/MAST/CRY/BOST/DIS
         Proprietary Profit Analysis Algorithm
         Dedicated (Single Coin) Mining Ports for every coin
         Email and SMS Alerts for everything!
         SMS (Text Message) Two Factor Auth
         DDoS Protection
         Automated configuration builder for all coins/algorithms.
         Refer other miners and earn 1% on all referrals with our innovative referral system

Support
         URL: https://coinking.io
         Email: admin@coinking.io
         IRC: irc.freenode.net #coinking

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

idrive240

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:05:25 PM

nice office Remmy
PotcoinJoint

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:20:00 PM

Hello Potcoin Community,

Cheers
kwiktech

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:30:25 AM

Hey potcoinjoint,

Pots cool, potcoins cool, spams not cool.

Get it?
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:34:51 PM

Potcoin,

I'm a bit concerned over the following code that was added to the source in the main.h file, and I wanted to see why it was added in the first place.  Also, can someone confirm that this code wasn't included in the windows build of the wallet?

Code:
-#define FOUNDATION_CALCULATE ((0.02*miningReward)+nFees)
 +//#define FOUNDATION_CALCULATE ((0.02*miningReward)+nFees)

-#define NDIFF_START_MM 99600
 -#define NDIFF_START_FFOUNDATION 99500
 -#define NDIFF_START_DIGISHIELD 253241
 +//#define NDIFF_START_MM 99600
 +//#define NDIFF_START_FFOUNDATION 99500
 +#define NDIFF_START_DIGISHIELD 280000
  #define NDIFF_START_KGW 61798
 -#define FOUNDATION_ADDRESS "PLtnPUvmjtVsRSvhNNHXWozWNAuodannSY"
 +//#define FOUNDATION_ADDRESS "PLtnPUvmjtVsRSvhNNHXWozWNAuodannSY"

What is this foundation address in the code, and why is there a 2%+ fee being considered?  I can see that it is being commented out in the latest release, but I'm now a bit skeptical of the windows build.

Frankly, WTF?  Were you planning on skimming 2% of the coins off the top?

If I'm just being dumb, let me know.  Without clarification, this looks really suspicious to a code laymen like myself.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:19:27 PM

Potcoin,

I'm a bit concerned over the following code that was added to the source in the main.h file, and I wanted to see why it was added in the first place.  Also, can someone confirm that this code wasn't included in the windows build of the wallet?

Code:
-#define FOUNDATION_CALCULATE ((0.02*miningReward)+nFees)
 +//#define FOUNDATION_CALCULATE ((0.02*miningReward)+nFees)

-#define NDIFF_START_MM 99600
 -#define NDIFF_START_FFOUNDATION 99500
 -#define NDIFF_START_DIGISHIELD 253241
 +//#define NDIFF_START_MM 99600
 +//#define NDIFF_START_FFOUNDATION 99500
 +#define NDIFF_START_DIGISHIELD 280000
  #define NDIFF_START_KGW 61798
 -#define FOUNDATION_ADDRESS "PLtnPUvmjtVsRSvhNNHXWozWNAuodannSY"
 +//#define FOUNDATION_ADDRESS "PLtnPUvmjtVsRSvhNNHXWozWNAuodannSY"

What is this foundation address in the code, and why is there a 2%+ fee being considered?  I can see that it is being commented out in the latest release, but I'm now a bit skeptical of the windows build.

Frankly, WTF?  Were you planning on skimming 2% of the coins off the top?

If I'm just being dumb, let me know.  Without clarification, this looks really suspicious to a code laymen like myself.

-Fuse

Personally, as long as things are transparent, i like the idea of having 2% go towards the advancement of marijuana laws or some type of foundation like that. Like perhaps the foundation is NORML or something.  Being open source, that you found it, i can't say they are being deceptive about things, it is there. Should they have added another comment line describing what it is so that when people do find it, they know, YES, they should have.

Also, thinking about it as i type, i don't think i would even mind 2% if it was for the coins future (i have mined on pools that take more, meh). It wouldn't be a bad idea to have some type of general fund, to buy asic miners with or something, to support the coin further down the line. At least that is how i feel, i know it isn't the popular opinion per say, but it is the most logical one. Money is the oil of the machine in which we live. Keeps things moving along nice and smooth. I would rather see the devs have some type of REAL motivation to press the coin further. Why should they bust their balls and do all this work, for the rest of us to benefit from as well. It is easy for me to come online and type a few paragraphs pissin and moaning about things, they can ALWAYS be better. It really isn't doing much for the coin though, i am not making calls, shaking hands, and kissing babies. I completely recognize that people need motivation to accomplish things. Pavlov was a pretty interesting dude. http://www2.psychology.uiowa.edu/faculty/wasserman/glossary/reflex.html

Either way, i am anxious to hear about this from the devs. I like the watchman vigilance thing, gotta keep them eyes peeled! Thanks Fuse!

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:27:59 PM

Personally, as long as things are transparent, i like the idea of having 2% go towards the advancement of marijuana laws or some type of foundation like that. Like perhaps the foundation is NORML or something.  Being open source, that you found it, i can't say they are being deceptive about things, it is there. Should they have added another comment line describing what it is so that when people do find it, they know, YES, they should have.

Also, thinking about it as i type, i don't think i would even mind 2% if it was for the coins future (i have mined on pools that take more, meh). It wouldn't be a bad idea to have some type of general fund, to buy asic miners with or something, to support the coin further down the line. At least that is how i feel, i know it isn't the popular opinion per say, but it is the most logical one. Money is the oil of the machine in which we live. Keeps things moving along nice and smooth. I would rather see the devs have some type of REAL motivation to press the coin further. Why should they bust their balls and do all this work, for the rest of us to benefit from as well. It is easy for me to come online and type a few paragraphs pissin and moaning about things, they can ALWAYS be better. It really isn't doing much for the coin though, i am not making calls, shaking hands, and kissing babies. I completely recognize that people need motivation to accomplish things. Pavlov was a pretty interesting dude. http://www2.psychology.uiowa.edu/faculty/wasserman/glossary/reflex.html

Either way, i am anxious to hear about this from the devs. I like the watchman vigilance thing, gotta keep them eyes peeled! Thanks Fuse!

2% of all coins is a lot of coins.  That is 8.4m coins.  Mind you, this code would probably be going forward, but still... 2% of the remaining coins is a lot of coins.  I agree that if it's being used for ASICs or public relations, then so be it.  The devs have been pretty anti-ASIC though... almost scared in some posts.  I'd love to see a plan for this like DOGE.

I'd also still like to know if the dev team has shirts, business cards, media kits, etc.  The only news we've gotten lately is that they moved into a new office.  That's great and all, but unless you're bringing prospects back for meetings, it's just an added expense.  Get the business branded and promoted.  Spend the money on radio ads, mailers, flyers, business cards that handed out to everyone they meet... the list goes on.  Hell even 0.5% of the total coins would take care of this long term.

I'm not concerned about what could be done with 2%, I would just like to know what it's all about.  In my mind it's just a premine after the fact.

Currently, the donation address for POT is at 588k POT as seen here: http://potchain.net/address/PLZUTZv6BrZHPnir1Qv5RwDjoNiPZLcDHf.  People donate to the group.  If they get their goal of 1 gram per coin, I'm pretty sure that's a decent starting point for motivation to continue to work on the coin.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:54:25 PM

So is there a 2% tax on mining potcoin?

Realize that this is different than a pool taking 2% as it is on every block found. Also, if a pool charges 2% then it would be 4% being lost to the miners :/

If it is true then the fact that it was not communicated seems wrong and sneaky. Just because it was in the source is not a good enough reason in my book.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:14:35 PM

So is there a 2% tax on mining potcoin?

Realize that this is different than a pool taking 2% as it is on every block found. Also, if a pool charges 2% then it would be 4% being lost to the miners :/

If it is true then the fact that it was not communicated seems wrong and sneaky. Just because it was in the source is not a good enough reason in my book.

The code was commented out before the release of the latest wallet, and the address that was in the code shows no funds.  Mind you, that could have been changed with the precompiled clients, but not likely.

I didn't dig any further into the code, as I was looking at the code changes, but it's still unsettling to think that this could have just as easily been put in and no one would have questioned it.

Like Reagan astutely said, "Trust, but verify."

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:31:35 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 12:16:51 AM by Viceroy

Potcoin,

I'm a bit concerned over the following code that was added to the source in the main.h file, and I wanted to see why it was added in the first place.  Also, can someone confirm that this code wasn't included in the windows build of the wallet? [snip]

-Fuse
[snip]

The foundation fee is not specific to potcoin, it has always been the developers intent to implement that function with particular licensed partners of the wallet program.  In such an activation event the "Foundation", who is a registered non-profit, gets a licensing fee to maintain the software.  That is why the code exists.  It is not nefarious but an intended feature of the wallet program.  It's a holdover from the original bitcoin wallet.

And NO on the windows version, the potcoin wallet devs don't do winblows.  That windows version was compiled by another party.  

For what it's worth it should be easy to test if some percent is disappearing from the wallet and someone would have noticed a 2% fee long ago.  (Though few would notice a few missing satoshi).
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:49:24 AM

The foundation fee is not specific to potcoin, it has always been the developers intent to implement that function with particular licensed partners of the wallet program.  In such an activation event the "Foundation", who is a registered non-profit, gets a licensing fee to maintain the software.  That is why the code exists.  It is not nefarious but an intended feature of the wallet program.  It's a holdover from the original bitcoin wallet.

And NO on the windows version, the potcoin wallet devs don't do winblows.  That windows version was compiled by another party.  

For what it's worth it should be easy to test if some percent is disappearing from the wallet and someone would have noticed a 2% fee long ago.  (Though few would notice a few missing satoshi).

Like I said in my original post: if I was being dumb, let me know.  I was unaware of the "foundation" code origins.

That being said... if it was part of the original bitcoin wallet, why was it just added during this commit:

https://github.com/potcoin/potcoin/commit/d32925a06e09debc97f3ee2a7a00ae4a7e95bf57

It almost seems like an afterthought.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Sardine

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:13:35 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 01:28:17 AM by Sardine

I searched google for "FOUNDATION_CALCULATE" and "FOUNDATION_ADDRESS"

In google results, only found one coin with very similiar code: leafcoin

https://github.com/leafcoin/leafcoin/blob/master/src/main.h

Why does google search results not include potcoin or other coins?
Try searching online to find more coins with the same or similar code.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:33:42 AM

I searched google for "FOUNDATION_CALCULATE" and "FOUNDATION_ADDRESS"

In google results, only found one coin with very similiar code: leafcoin

https://github.com/leafcoin/leafcoin/blob/master/src/main.h

Why does google results not include potcoin or other coins?
Try searching online to find more coins with the same or similar code.

Searching this forum for the variables that included "foundation" in the name only returned results for Potcoin and Leafcoin, like you mentioned.  Per the Leafcoin ANN thread:

- fee-to-foundation structure, paying with coin supports a good cause - completed - will be in next update of wallet

Something just isn't adding up for me.  Only two coins share this exact code.  So what's the deal?  And why the change now?

-Fuse

Community > Devs
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:59:17 AM

I'm not concerned about what could be done with 2%, I would just like to know what it's all about.  In my mind it's just a premine after the fact.

-Fuse

It would be hard to view it any other way without the devs talking about it, which i am sure they will. The fact that it is all open source just makes me doubt that there is anything nefarious about it. I have recently been thinking about why potcoin doesn't try to support some type of national organizations that are for reforming current laws. So seeing this today kinda made me happy. There is no reason to not contribute to a good cause, or 1% donation to charity 1% goes to maintaining the coin(which is more like a premine if you really want to split hairs, but i still don't see anything intrinsically wrong with this). As long as the devs are honest with the coins. It will make or break the coin if they go this route. They will either be transparent and gain mucho respect or be shady and lose a lot of the community. Like i said, i doubt anything sinister is meant by this.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:41:53 PM

It would be hard to view it any other way without the devs talking about it, which i am sure they will. The fact that it is all open source just makes me doubt that there is anything nefarious about it.

...presuming folks were required to view the source code before using it, or that they do. Most folks, even pool ops, just hurry up and compile to keep their systems from accumulating downtime. There have been numerous opensource exploits not caught until after damage has been done. While this wasn't implemented, it's very odd to not have some description there.

Look at it this way, nobody to date has caught it. Imagine how many hundreds of thousands of potcoin could've been skimmed/stolen? Only 1 individual out of the userbase noticed this? Your point is wholly negated.

happy. There is no reason to not contribute to a good cause, or 1% donation to charity 1% goes to maintaining the coin(which is more like a premine if you really want to split hairs, but i still don't see anything intrinsically wrong with this).

"Contribute" usually carries with it the idea that it was voluntary and of your own decision making process. This code amounts to a tax/fee, if not outright theft since there's absolutely NO commentary about it in the code or online.

As long as the devs are honest with the coins. It will make or break the coin if they go this route. They will either be transparent and gain mucho respect or be shady and lose a lot of the community. Like i said, i doubt anything sinister is meant by this.

Honesty means you put the code in recently (which they did), and then announce it by explaining what it is. Or better yet, explain that you'd like to put such code in down the road and maybe make it an option set with a flag.

Instead they merely put it in without warning. That's DIShonest and pretty dumb. Another poor business move on their part.

At this point I would highly suggest that all folks using the Windows wallet cease  use of it and put your wallet into cold storage until the windows code can be verified. Easy way to do this is take the code and compile it under windows. If the CRC matches then you're safe, if the CRC doesn't match then your windows binary was modified from the source.

Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: