Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:38:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920062 times)
cookiemonster7

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cookie...Cookie.

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:51:53 PM

All this talk about the government and TPTB, is a bit ridiculous.  Angry

-  “Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.”
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:53:34 PM

Like it even matters, as someone pointed out. Btc was THE currency of the silk road. Look at how much harm THAT did to it's reputation!!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who knows what crawled up roy's ass?

I love people. Interesting bunch.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:55:42 PM

There is a HUGE difference when the makers/authors/miners/developers of BTC wanted nothing to do with SilkRoad and the potcoin Dev's enshrine these obvious law breakers as "Authorized Merchants".  

If you cannot see the difference you should ask a  lawyer to explain it.

Nick Iverson, you are a fool to allow these endorsements to continue.  

* Viceroy needs to re-up within 25 minutes to hit 4:20
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:17:28 AM

Like it even matters, as someone pointed out. Btc was THE currency of the silk road. Look at how much harm THAT did to it's reputation!!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who knows what crawled up roy's ass?

I love people. Interesting bunch.

Exactly, many things are done illegally with US Tender, but it's still being used. It was just a vicious unprovoked attack against potcoin. The technology/coin itself should continue, regardless of who's using it. Same for any coin.

I don't have any monetary catch to this either, I was a large bagholder back in the day, but no longer. I have maybe 20 potcoins or something in some wallet somewhere. I just support a good project, and potcoin has done well.

Longtime potcoin followers should know me, I've been critical of the coin when necessary, and am supportive when appropriate. Right now they're doing well.

pixskull

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

We support you for as long as you need.

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:17:20 AM

Is anyone interested in a Potcoin Engraved chillum/pipe/or bubbler group buy?

Thanks let me know!
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:32:56 AM

There is a HUGE difference when the makers/authors/miners/developers of BTC wanted nothing to do with SilkRoad and the potcoin Dev's enshrine these obvious law breakers as "Authorized Merchants".  

If you cannot see the difference you should ask a  lawyer to explain it.

Nick Iverson, you are a fool to allow these endorsements to continue.  

* Viceroy needs to re-up within 25 minutes to hit 4:20

Potcoin will have its lawyers look into it.

i dont think listing a place that accepts potcoins is illegal..

remember maybe in America its illegal.  but the rest of the world has other laws.

the united states of America is not the world remember that when you talk about a crypto currency that is world wide.

We also cannot stop people from using potcoins.

We can look into if its illegal for us to list these certain merchants you talk about.  we can simply remove them from the website if the lawyers tell us there is a problem.

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:34:03 AM

Is anyone interested in a Potcoin Engraved chillum/pipe/or bubbler group buy?

Thanks let me know!

how much money or potcoins do you need to do a order for me to make it worth your while.   

its like some glasses and those round glass coaster and maybe a pipe.

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 03:35:06 AM

Potcoin marketplace to launch friday july 18th.  Get your potcoin swap and gift cards!!  http://www.potcoin.com/shop/

FULL DETAILS BELOW

http://www.potcoin.com/potcoin-marketplace-to-launch-friday-july-18th/

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
Viceroy

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:11:07 AM

i dont think listing a place that accepts potcoins is illegal..

remember maybe in America its illegal.  but the rest of the world has other laws.

As I pointed out these "vendors" are breaking laws in several countries.  As far as a freedom of speach issue goes you are correct, nobody can fault you for linking to another on the web... but by highlighting these vendors so prominantly on YOUR site might likely be construed as "endorsement".  That could get you in a pile of hot water given several are criminal enterprises.  (I'm talking about the seed dealers and the weed deliverer, not RiverRock).

I was a large bagholder back in the day, but no longer. I have maybe 20 potcoins or something in some wallet somewhere.

You are pathetic.  I hold hundreds of thousands of potcoins.  Why are you even here Mr Big Spender?

Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:19:24 AM

Potcoin marketplace to launch friday july 18th.  Get your potcoin swap and gift cards!!  http://www.potcoin.com/shop/

FULL DETAILS BELOW

Awesome WTG!!!

Sardine

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:02:31 AM

As I pointed out these "vendors" are breaking laws in several countries.  As far as a freedom of speach issue goes you are correct, nobody can fault you for linking to another on the web... but by highlighting these vendors so prominantly on YOUR site might likely be construed as "endorsement".  That could get you in a pile of hot water given several are criminal enterprises.  (I'm talking about the seed dealers and the weed deliverer, not RiverRock).

RiverRock is an illegal business in the United States, same as all other Colorado marijuana businesses which lack permission from federal authorities.  Tomorrow morning, the US drug enforcement agency can go to Colorado and Washington and start making arrests and seizures.  Only thing stopping them is in the current man in the white house.  Banks won't openly accept marijuana businesses because they know such businesses are currently illegal.
Viceroy

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:20:37 PM

As I pointed out these "vendors" are breaking laws in several countries.  As far as a freedom of speach issue goes you are correct, nobody can fault you for linking to another on the web... but by highlighting these vendors so prominantly on YOUR site might likely be construed as "endorsement".  That could get you in a pile of hot water given several are criminal enterprises.  (I'm talking about the seed dealers and the weed deliverer, not RiverRock).

RiverRock is an illegal business in the United States, same as all other Colorado marijuana businesses which lack permission from federal authorities.  Tomorrow morning, the US drug enforcement agency can go to Colorado and Washington and start making arrests and seizures.  Only thing stopping them is in the current man in the white house.  Banks won't openly accept marijuana businesses because they know such businesses are currently illegal.

Actually your interpretation is all wrong.  RiverRock and 500 other dispensaries in Colorado are exercising their right to civil disobedience.  Further, the Govenor of the state CONDONES this activity.  Further, the Department of Justice has SPECIFICALLY stated through a letter penned by David Cole that they will not interfere in our state regulated industry.  Further, the Republican led house recently voted to de-fund the DEA in all states where medical marijuana is legal.  Further, banks DO accept the accounts (per news releases linked to in this thread), there are several companies implementing token based systems using ATM machines and there is an effort within Colorado to provide co-op's as banks.

The seed dealers and weed mailers, on the other hand, are following no known law nor are they working within any type of government program or any type of regulating system.  These people, the outsiders, are what we insiders CONTINUE to call drug dealers.  In Colorado we follow laws and regulations.... this isn't some game.  RiverRock is NOT a criminal entity.
deanpreese66

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:59:38 PM

We all need to get down off the ledge. The legalization experiment in Colorado is in its infancy - the outcome is yet to be determined.

Could the DEA storm in, yes. Will they? Only after the experiment has gone obviously wrong and the systems and controls put in place in Colorado are in a state of failure and are ineffective. RiverRock can exist today because the citizens of Colorado have chosen to legalize. And even though the Federal Law is still in place the US Federal Government is not going to cross that bridge and encroach on states rights.

Banks are being held by completely ridiculous standards and expectations of proof and traceability. Standards that do not exist for other highly cash based businesses. In the meantime the experiment needs to play out and prove itself.  Once it proves to be efficient and proves the controls and process can be managed as designed, I can see where things will stabilize and banks will be able to do business with dispensaries like any other business.

Viceroy

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:02:27 PM

Banks ARE able to do business with dispensaries and they DO do business with dispensaries.  RiverRock has a bank account.  Only a few national banks are hesitant to take accounts, several banks in Denver have dispensary clients.

http://www.vegasinc.com/business/2014/jun/11/las-vegas-bank-eager-do-business-would-be-marijuan/
pics4crypto

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:00:43 PM

Potcoin marketplace to launch friday july 18th.  Get your potcoin swap and gift cards!!  http://www.potcoin.com/shop/

FULL DETAILS BELOW

POT (Preloaded POTcard ) bought through Paypal...hell Yes!!
Awesome news yet again!

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Sardine

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:52:13 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 09:36:13 AM by Sardine

Appears that this site is where US cannabis manufactures, distributers, and dispensaries can apply for a permit in regards to the US controlled substance act.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/online_forms_apps.html

RiverRock should get a US permit if they want to be 100% legal.

River Rock's blog.

http://riverrockcompliancecorner.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/regulatory-and-criminal-options-in-medical-cannabis-control/

Federal Response

A review of the criminal law relating to marijuana leaves no room for doubt that state medical marijuana laws are of minimal consequence to federal courts and federal prosecutors. Notwithstanding, U.S. Attorneys are not without guidance and certain critical prosecutorial interests have been identified.(11) In practice, choice of forum remains a strategic and policy exercise predicated by enforcement priorities and political shifts.

Most recently in reaction to legitimate concerns expressed by many as to the direct or indirect effect of medical cannabis laws on youth, the Colorado U.S.Attorney has begun enforcement of 21USC § 860 (12) as it relates to the medical marijuana businesses exempted from the 1000 foot setback requirement of the CMMC.(13)

Despite federal supremacy, Coloradoʼs police powers to regulate the health, economic and social welfare of its people (14) are an important consequences of federal system. Though its powers are broad, the federal government cannot eliminate the independent lawmaking authority of states. No kind of conduct is categorically beyond the boundaries of state or federal jurisdiction. The overlapping power of state and federal government promotes plurality, dialogue and offers a myriad of criminal and regulatory options for medical marijuana control.
Sardine

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:10:27 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 10:44:29 AM by Sardine

Actually your interpretation is all wrong.  RiverRock and 500 other dispensaries in Colorado are exercising their right to civil disobedience.  Further, the Govenor of the state CONDONES this activity.  Further, the Department of Justice has SPECIFICALLY stated through a letter penned by David Cole that they will not interfere in our state regulated industry.  Further, the Republican led house recently voted to de-fund the DEA in all states where medical marijuana is legal.  Further, banks DO accept the accounts (per news releases linked to in this thread), there are several companies implementing token based systems using ATM machines and there is an effort within Colorado to provide co-op's as banks.

The seed dealers and weed mailers, on the other hand, are following no known law nor are they working within any type of government program or any type of regulating system.  These people, the outsiders, are what we insiders CONTINUE to call drug dealers.  In Colorado we follow laws and regulations.... this isn't some game.  RiverRock is NOT a criminal entity.

By your logic, a business which pays local and state taxes, while not paying federal taxes, may be legal.
WRONG!  Even if the tax department sends you a letter which states "we won't bother you", it does not exempt you from existing tax rules/laws.
In general, a simple letter from an authority is not sufficient to legally exempt the recipient of that letter from existing laws.
Reason why the US department of justice does not interfere in Colorado marijuana businesses is because the attorney general was appointed by Pres. Obama who has instructed his subordinates to not interfere or reduce interference with illegal marijuana businesses.  If marijuana dispensaries obtained all US, state, and local permits and obeyed the terms of those permits, there would be little or no debate about legal issues.  There would be no risk of interference from federal authorities.

If US congress would remove Cannabis from the controlled substance act, then you could legitimately argue that US marijuana businesses are not legally required to obtain a US permit.
However, that has not happened.  At the US federal level, all that has happened is a momentary change in enforcement, not a fundamental change in legality.

Currently only a very small number of high risk banks are openly accepting marijuana businesses.  If state-regulated marijuana business were 100% legal, then all or almost all US banks would accept such businesses.  There are many entities in the US, such as hospitals, which work with controlled substances.  The difference between a hospital and a marijuana dispensary is that hospitals comply with all laws while, in general, dispensaries do not.  I never heard of a hospital which had problems opening a bank account because it prescribes and/or dispenses controlled substances.  Why? because, in general, hospitals normally comply with the US controlled substance act.

What do you know about cannabis laws in Canada?
Seems to me, both of us are ignorant about Canadian cannabis laws, yet you are so certain laws are violated.
Even though I know little about Canadian cannabis laws, my observation is the situation is similar to Colorado and Washington, which is, there seems to be a lack of law enforcement.

When you claim that Canadian cannabis merchants are violating laws, you ought to cite exactly which laws are being violated.
When you claim that a list of cannabis merchants are a cartel, you ought to explain why.  At least define "cartel".
Viceroy

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:27:10 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 11:43:45 AM by Viceroy

I don't need to be able to cite a specific law to know that marijuana cannot be sent through the royal canadian post.  I pointed to an article where clearly doing such would be wrong.  Feel free to look up the code if you feel the need.

Further, selling seeds is illegal everywhere.

Further, you can argue whatever you want but you would be wrong to think what is going on in Colorado will end because a book in the library of congress includes wording that calls this experiment illegal.  The DEA is NOT coming into Colorado without the blessing of the state.  And they are no longer shutting down the bank accounts either, in fact new banks are coming online every day.

You must have missed this article: "Justice Dept. won't challenge state marijuana laws"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/29/justice-medical-marijuana-laws/2727605/
Sardine

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:06:34 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 01:26:05 PM by Sardine

Further, you can argue whatever you want but you would be wrong to think what is going on in Colorado will end because a book in the library of congress includes wording that calls this experiment illegal.

Likewise, you would be wrong to think that dispensaries in Colorado and Washington are legal.

The DEA is NOT coming into Colorado without the blessing of the state.  And they are no longer shutting down the bank accounts either, in fact new banks are coming online every day.
"without the blessing of the state".  That's funny.  DEA does not need any blessing of any state.
In fact, DEA already has a division near Denver. Appears they are still doing arrests/seizures related to the controlled substance act.

http://www.justice.gov/dea/divisions/den/2014/den042814.shtml
"The superseding indictment includes an asset forfeiture allegation, which includes the firearms possessed by Diaz, and the money derived from the unlawful activity, namely the cultivation, manufacture and distribution of marijuana, a Schedule I controlled substance."

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_24570303/feds-raiding-denver-area-marijuana-operations-including-couple
"Department of Justice spokesman Jeff Dorschner didn't provide details about the investigation, but he said he could state "unequivocally" that the actions were consistent with federal guidelines issued earlier this year that marijuana businesses operating in compliance with their states' laws and not tied to other criminal activity would not be targeted for enforcement."
"Boulder County Assessor's Office records show three marijuana-related businesses at that address: Swiss Medical Industries, Boulder Sweet Grass and Greenhill Investments. It was not clear whether all three businesses were the target of search warrants or just one or two."
"County records indicate all three hold licenses for marijuana grow operations; Greenhill also holds a license for manufacture of infused products."

Medical Marijuana Raids: A Thing of the Past?
http://www.cannalawblog.com/medical-marijuana-raids/

"As you can see, the Amendment says nothing about raids, arrests, crackdowns, or any of the myriad other evils so many commentators seem to believe the Amendment would fix. Rather, the Amendment weakly forbids expending federal funds to stop the implementation of state MMJ law. Sullum correctly points out that stopping implementation is a much different thing than stopping arrests or investigations:"
"…if the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) arrests a patient in Colorado for growing marijuana and the U.S. attorney prosecutes him, that does not, strictly speaking, ‘prevent’ that state from ‘implementing’ its law decriminalizing cultivation of cannabis for medical use. The DEA and the U.S. attorney are enforcing the federal ban on marijuana; they are not compelling Colorado to punish behavior its voters have decided to no longer treat as a crime."
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:31:23 PM

What does this have to do with potcoin? There are forums to discuss marijuana and everything revolving around it. This isn't the one. That weirdo ViceRoy is just trying to kick up dust and ruin potcoin. Folks should stop responding to him and feeding him.

Feeding trolls is never good.

Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: