Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68940 times)
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:08:21 PM

What are the instructions for running cgminer on windows with BJ attached via USB?  Or at least a commandline?  Is it plug and play?

I think it goes something like this.

Download a flavor of linux on your windows box, use that box to burn the cd or hell put it on usb, restart your windows box with either one an install linux, then compile cgminer with hashfast driver enabled Smiley sorry couldnt help my self Smiley

Honestly I dont know but I would assume you could try the latest 3.11.x first before using zadig.

Rule of thumb with any HF device that is not starting.

1. unplug the usb cable connected to the pc
2. power cycle the jet/sierra
3. plug in the usb cable (windows users might need to use zadig??)
4. fire up cgminer with default settings, it should hopefully see your device, some times it takes a few seconds

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 1636

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:08:56 PM

What are the instructions for running cgminer on windows with BJ attached via USB?  Or at least a commandline?  Is it plug and play?
Exactly the same as every other USB device on cgminer:
Start cgminer (no extra options)
Plug in device, wait for windows to finish installing the driver it thinks is right, then run zadig as administrator and tell it to use the WinUSB driver for the "M1" device which is what the hashfast comes up as.
cgminer should just hotplug it at that point.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:32:49 PM

Great info. I will probably be changing the thermal paste they use with the water cooler as well on monday. I'll post here the results from the stock temperture wise. From my experience with cpu overclocking the stock paste is usually either spread on too thick or substandard. I hope that the 4 dies are even and they aren't using thermal pads like BFL.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:13:03 PM

Exactly the same as every other USB device on cgminer:
Start cgminer (no extra options)
Plug in device, wait for windows to finish installing the driver it thinks is right, then run zadig as administrator and tell it to use the WinUSB driver for the "M1" device which is what the hashfast comes up as.
cgminer should just hotplug it at that point.

Thanks.

When I get my BJs I will do temperature testing of the vregs at higher clocks and report back. I'll also test them out at -20C ambient temperatures (hopefully viscosity of the liquid coolant doesn't become an issue).

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:27:01 AM

FYI, the cronjob (/opt/minepeon/etc/cron.d/5min/hfupdate) on BJ sends hashfast the following info:

wallet public key
internal IP address
uptime
cgminer options (e.g. your overclocking settings)
and whatever is in /opt/minepeon/etc/hf.txt (firmware version)

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:40:29 AM

FYI, the cronjob (/opt/minepeon/etc/cron.d/5min/hfupdate) on BJ sends hashfast the following info:

wallet public key
internal IP address
uptime

So they know if you voided your warranty by overclocking it?  Wink
If they can send that data home they will also know your Internet IP address.

joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:50:17 AM

wallet public key
internal IP address
uptime

I'm assuming this is on the Rpi?

What happens when on mine on a PC?

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
edgie13

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

wallet public key
internal IP address
uptime

I'm assuming this is on the Rpi?

What happens when on mine on a PC?
You should be fine on a pc. They will only receive that info when that particular cron job runs. You can always just disable it on your PI.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:53:17 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 03:26:07 AM by perezoso

The RPi is a toy and a piece of shit. Why anyone would run thousands of dollars worth of equipment off it is beyond me. Toss it and connect your devices to a real PC or laptop.

Trying to do exactly that with Karin's 3.11 build for Mac.  Unfortunately, I'm getting a "Hashfast detect (6:3) failed to initialize (incorrect device?)" error.

Update:  It's hashing using 3.11 PC build.  Must be a Mac driver issue.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:01:32 AM

BTW.  The BJ is silent when I turn it on.  There's a light on the front panel that come on, but nothing out of the fans... is this the way they behave?  No fan until hashing?

Yes, the fan only turns on when the hashing starts.

When I initially turned on my BJ without having properly configured the RPi the same thing happened (only the light on the BJ is on, no fans)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 1636

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:37:08 AM

The RPi is a toy and a piece of shit. Why anyone would run thousands of dollars worth of equipment off it is beyond me. Toss it and connect your devices to a real PC or laptop.

Trying to do exactly that with Karin's 3.11 build for Mac.  Unfortunately, I'm getting a "Hashfast detect (6:3) failed to initialize (incorrect device?)" error.

Update:  It's hashing using 3.11 PC build.  Must be a Mac driver issue.

Never been tested on a mac. I build for linux and windows. Mac might need permissions with sudo and might need driver unloading to work.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:52:50 PM

You can run it off any PC, and that's preferable anyway since the RPi is a piece of shit. Just plug in a USB cable. The sierras don't even have one so you have to run them via USB. Any instability still around is firmware related and remember it's still early days since release (even though release was late) but once my sierra is running it does not miss a beat.

Mine is happily hashing from an old mini PC desktop.  Will try to resolve a driver conflict with Karin's help and get it hashing on the Mac mini later today.

Interestingly, after running overnight, this BJ seems a little off-spec.  It's doing about 395-7 g/hash (running cgminer 3.11).

OTOH, my HW error rate is very low and with an ambient temp of 21c (70f) my processor temp is 69-70c. What did other people get for out of the box processor temps?

I guess I should experiment with overclocking next...  I've seen 610 mentioned... other suggestions?

And sorry ckolivas, I didn't mean to suggest the Mac driver issue was your problem.  It was intended merely as an observation.

And finally... why don't we try to move all this operational discussion here, rather than in the other thread?
xuemike

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:38:37 PM

Has anyone had any luck reaching out to their support team? Mine came in DOA.  It constantly resets in cgminer no matter which version I use.  I need to get this thing RMA'ed
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:42:25 PM

Has anyone had any luck reaching out to their support team? Mine came in DOA.  It constantly resets in cgminer no matter which version I use.  I need to get this thing RMA'ed

I have 12 Baby Jets coming in today. Hopefully all are good. Will report back.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
NiteShdw

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

cgminer 3.11, compiled from git, shows a hash rate that's almost exactly 2x what eligius shows.  For example, my average hash rate according to cgminer is 830 GH/s, but eligius reports around 415 GH/s.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:25:51 PM

cgminer 3.11, compiled from git, shows a hash rate that's almost exactly 2x what eligius shows.  For example, my average hash rate according to cgminer is 830 GH/s, but eligius reports around 415 GH/s.

I am seeing this behavior as well.  Cloned the git repo last night.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:15:51 PM

So I took the water cooler off and there is paste all over. My OCD kicked in and a cleaned it off and spread on a thinner coat of Noctua TP on the dies. Unfortunately it didn't seem to make any temperature difference. Might try a different paste.

On another note, what difficulty is everyone using here?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
xunknownx

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:45:06 PM

For those who want to update to the newest version (3.11.0) of cgminer on minepeon:

After MineForeman has updated the repositories you can do the following.

ssh to your pi then type:
cd /opt/minepeon
git pull

(optional: update http gui)
cd /opt/minepeon/http
git pull

Reboot your Pi.  Reconnect to the web gui. You can then look at the "Miner Version" field and see what version of cgminer is running.

Mineforeman usually waits a short period of time before updating the Minepeon repositories with the newest versions of cgminer and bfgminer.  So the above instructions might not update you to cgminer version 3.11.0 yet. If you are like me and need the newest version right now, then you can  compile cgminer yourself.

ssh to your pi then type:
wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.11.0.tar.bz2
tar -xvf cgminer-3.11.0.tar.bz2
cd cgminer-3.11.0
./configure --enable-hashfast
make
mv cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer

Reboot your Pi.  Reconnect to the web gui. You can then look at the "Miner Version" field and see what version of cgminer is running.

I hope this helps.   I have been up for about 40 hours now. I'm on a caffeine rocket ship that is finally making it's reentry back to Earth.  Please excuse me if the above post is hard to follow. I will pretty it up a bit, once I've landed.

i tried the 2nd method and i'm getting this error.
[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ tar -xvf cgminer-3.11.0.tar.bz2
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

and when i tried to do the first method with a git pull.  i get permission denied
[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ cd /opt/minepeon
[minepeon@minepeon minepeon]$ git pull
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

gateway

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:53:39 PM

Code:
[minepeon@minepeon ~]$ tar -xvf cgminer-3.11.0.tar.bz2
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

You can try bzip2 first..

bzip2 -d cgminer-3.11.0.tar.bz2

or try tar -xzvf cgminer-3.11.0.tar.bz2
gateway

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:55:07 PM

Btw I started a Sierra thread here for those who have them

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433350
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: