Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:45:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68940 times)
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:16:05 PM

is there anyway to get the core temps and such like on the rasp pi
Click the "monitor" tab.  You'll see the temps and voltages for each die listed at the top.  Note: You must be running our software on the RPI to see this.  BTW: You also will not be able to get updates if you aren't running our image.  If you don't have a "monitor" tab, you aren't running our recommended image.

-Phil

Is there any way to compile with hashfast version so that it will work on windows?
for me , cgminer 3.12.0  & zadig seem to work ..   ( boards rev 1.1 )
 ... but i still wait a more stable version of cgminer , but Ckolivas is still at work Wink  thanx to CK.  (not hashfast)

EDIT:  HASHFAST : i still wait my MPP !!  when are you starting to be honest?.................

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MinorMiner

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:36:58 PM

so batch 2 gets delivered already. And batch 1 still waits for the upgrades. This is not right.

Batch 2 people are getting their units? darn it. Yea, I want my upgrade unit AND my 'miner protection program' too.

2nd call to Hashfast in over a week with no responses about it.

All contributions gratefully received 1G6Wia22Jnpz2DUisA5EoAC6KJ7MHm6QyP
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:30:25 PM

so batch 2 gets delivered already. And batch 1 still waits for the upgrades. This is not right.

Batch 2 people are getting their units? darn it. Yea, I want my upgrade unit AND my 'miner protection program' too.

here the same.

I was overclocking to 652 Mhz on own build of cgminer 3.11 and it works perfect at 440 Gh/s since 29th jan.

It takes 11 seconds on hotpluging the usb device. I run minepeon version from HF Engineer.
No problems all is good at this moment.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:07:55 PM

here the same.

I was overclocking to 652 Mhz on own build of cgminer 3.11 and it works perfect at 440 Gh/s since 29th jan.

It takes 11 seconds on hotpluging the usb device. I run minepeon version from HF Engineer.

You should get more than that... at 3.11.0 on Windows I get 450 GH/s at 606 MHz on one of my units.  These hash non-linearly with clock, bump your clock by 2 MHz at a time until it jumps.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:21:50 PM

here the same.

How much watts needs your windows computer, I think that the raspberry needs less
You should get more than that... at 3.11.0 on Windows I get 450 GH/s at 606 MHz on one of my units.  These hash non-linearly with clock, bump your clock by 2 MHz at a time until it jumps.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:09:29 PM

here the same.

How much watts needs your windows computer, I think that the raspberry needs less

Is it possible to compile the hashfast cgminer and use it on windows?

Relating to Overclocking, I have mine at 580 and its getting an avg of 422ghash for about 24hours now
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 11:24:13 PM

here the same.

That's only partially correct. What is really happening is only certain values work. If you check the API you will get back what the real speed is.

[hash clockrate] => 604

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
HF-Engineer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:57:03 PM

Guys, I asked about the upgrade kits and MPP and was told there were no MPP or upgrade kits ever offered in batch one.  So apparently just because your BJ system was batch one, doesn't mean additional boards would be in the same batch.

That's all I could find out, but it made sense to me even if it's not good news.  Batch 2 orders are now being fulfilled, so if your upgrade kit is in B2, you should be able to expect it soon.

-Phil
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:02:53 AM

It seems from reports here like this should be possible, but as I've mentioned before we do not officially support windows, so I can't offer any tips on it.

I use Linux for all my personal stuff and RPI's for mining, and they are reliable, so I don't see any reason to use a larger PC.

If you have an RPI that's not working right, it's likely due to a bad or corrupt SD card.  Get another card (decent brand preferred) from a reputable source and load a fresh image before you declare the RPI "doesn't work".

How to load the SD image: (Including windows instructions)
http://hashfast.com/how-to-update-babyjets-raspberry-pi-sd-card-software/

If re-using an SD card, Be sure to make a backup if possible!  (The best thing to do is just get a totally new card though.)

-Phil
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 12:22:05 AM

Yes definitely. I build and test the windows binaries on my hashfast devices and they work fine (set them up like any other usb device on windows with cgminer as per the ASIC-README). Just download the latest cgminer windows binary 3.12.3... however hashfast are still sitting on their new firmware so you probably shouldn't try until they release that since the newer cgminer is built around the firmware changes and vice versa. It should actually still work though...

-ck
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:30:11 AM

Guys, I asked about the upgrade kits and MPP and was told there were no MPP or upgrade kits ever offered in batch one.  So apparently just because your BJ system was batch one, doesn't mean additional boards would be in the same batch.

That's all I could find out, but it made sense to me even if it's not good news.  Batch 2 orders are now being fulfilled, so if your upgrade kit is in B2, you should be able to expect it soon.

-Phil

Great so much for the MPP. Guess there will be lawsuits coming

Yes definitely. I build and test the windows binaries on my hashfast devices and they work fine (set them up like any other usb device on windows with cgminer as per the ASIC-README). Just download the latest cgminer windows binary 3.12.3... however hashfast are still sitting on their new firmware so you probably shouldn't try until they release that since the newer cgminer is built around the firmware changes and vice versa. It should actually still work though...

I mean the build HF-Engineer posted a bit back. He uploaded the source to one of the builds 3.09 I think. I wanted to know if I could take that source and compile it for windows and then be able to see the core temps and such. As otherwise the only way for me to see it is to put debug on which is quite annoying.
spectre2112

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:04:57 AM

-Phil

I am NOT "shooting the messenger" (nor am I in Batch 1) but what they told you seems to directly contradict what is CURRENTLY posted on the Hashfast website MPP page:

"At HashFast, we understand that healthy, prosperous customers make for a healthy and prosperous company. We know that our customers are concerned about the rapid growth of the network hashrate – and we stand by our customers. We designed our silicon so efficiently per square mm, that we are able offer you this protection. If the Bitcoin network hashrate increases so that your Baby Jet doesn’t generate more Bitcoins in ninety days than you paid for it, HashFast will give you additional ASICs. In fact, we will give you up to 400% more hashing capacity than the Baby Jet you purchased. Yes, that does mean that if you don’t make your money back in 90 days, we will increase your mining capacity to up to 2 Terahashes! The Miner Protection Program™ was given retroactively to ALL purchases of Batch 1 Baby Jets. For second and third batch machines, the Miner Protection Program™ was offered as an add-on, that customers could purchase for an additional fee. Currently the Miner Protection Program™ is not available for purchase."

So, while they may not have been "offered" at the time of purchase, ALL Batch 1 orders should be covered by the MPP since they were "GIVEN RETROACTIVELY."

Or am I misunderstanding something?
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:31:31 AM

I mean the build HF-Engineer posted a bit back. He uploaded the source to one of the builds 3.09 I think. I wanted to know if I could take that source and compile it for windows and then be able to see the core temps and such. As otherwise the only way for me to see it is to put debug on which is quite annoying.
The API is able to access all the information. Enable the api with --api-listen on the cgminer command line.
Java makes it easy to talk to like so:
java API stats

output per core looks like this:
Code:
   [Core] => 0
   [hash clockrate] => 610
   [die temperature] => 79.125000
   [board temperature] => 67.772369
   [core voltage] => 0: 0.79
   [core voltage] => 1: 0.00
   [core voltage] => 2: 0.00
   [core voltage] => 3: 0.00
   [core voltage] => 4: 0.00
   [core voltage] => 5: 0.00
   [rx header crc] => 0
   [rx body crc] => 0
   [rx header to] => 0
   [rx body to] => 0
   [cn fifo full] => 0
   [an fifo full] => 0
   [stats overrun] => 0

-ck
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:52:30 AM

The API is able to access all the information. Enable the api with --api-listen on the cgminer command line.
Java makes it easy to talk to like so:
java API stats

output per core looks like this:
Code:
   [Core] => 0
   [hash clockrate] => 610
   [die temperature] => 79.125000
   [board temperature] => 67.772369
   [core voltage] => 0: 0.79
   [core voltage] => 1: 0.00
   [core voltage] => 2: 0.00
   [core voltage] => 3: 0.00
   [core voltage] => 4: 0.00
   [core voltage] => 5: 0.00
   [rx header crc] => 0
   [rx body crc] => 0
   [rx header to] => 0
   [rx body to] => 0
   [cn fifo full] => 0
   [an fifo full] => 0
   [stats overrun] => 0

Okay guess ill be trying to program tonight. great.
dbbit

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:16:22 AM

Guys, I asked about the upgrade kits and MPP and was told there were no MPP or upgrade kits ever offered in batch one.  So apparently just because your BJ system was batch one, doesn't mean additional boards would be in the same batch.
-Phil

Great so much for the MPP. Guess there will be lawsuits coming

I am NOT "shooting the messenger" (nor am I in Batch 1) but what they told you seems to directly contradict what is CURRENTLY posted on the Hashfast website MPP page:

"At HashFast, we understand that healthy, prosperous customers make for a healthy and prosperous company. We know that our customers are concerned about the rapid growth of the network hashrate – and we stand by our customers. We designed our silicon so efficiently per square mm, that we are able offer you this protection. If the Bitcoin network hashrate increases so that your Baby Jet doesn’t generate more Bitcoins in ninety days than you paid for it, HashFast will give you additional ASICs. In fact, we will give you up to 400% more hashing capacity than the Baby Jet you purchased. Yes, that does mean that if you don’t make your money back in 90 days, we will increase your mining capacity to up to 2 Terahashes! The Miner Protection Program™ was given retroactively to ALL purchases of Batch 1 Baby Jets. For second and third batch machines, the Miner Protection Program™ was offered as an add-on, that customers could purchase for an additional fee. Currently the Miner Protection Program™ is not available for purchase."

So, while they may not have been "offered" at the time of purchase, ALL Batch 1 orders should be covered by the MPP since they were "GIVEN RETROACTIVELY."

You guys are talking past each other.

I believe what Phil is saying is that even if you placed your upgrade kit order for a BabyJet Batch 1, the upgrade kit order itself wasn't a Batch 1 order. It's a Batch 2 or Batch 3 order. And similarly, the MPP for Batch 1 wasn't to be delivered together with the Batch 1 orders - it was closer to the Batch 3 or Batch 4 orders in the line. This is technically true.

However, I feel that the original order queue shouldn't be kept at least with the MPP program. MPP had a specific non-queue based timeline associated with it that has more to do with the actual Hashrate out there than a place in the queue.  The original queue order should be interrupted for the MPP fulfillment.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:19:33 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 04:12:44 AM by ninjarobot

Guys, I asked about the upgrade kits and MPP and was told there were no MPP or upgrade kits ever offered in batch one.  So apparently just because your BJ system was batch one, doesn't mean additional boards would be in the same batch.

-Phil

Correct, that was the promise. This is the original statement from Oct 6:

Miner Protection Program™
We want our customers to succeed.

At HashFast, we understand that healthy, prosperous customers make for a healthy and prosperous company. We know that our customers are concerned about the rapid growth of the network hashrate – and we stand by our customers. We designed our silicon so efficiently per square mm, that we are able offer you this protection.

If the Bitcoin network hashrate increases so that your Baby Jet doesn’t generate more Bitcoins in ninety days than you paid for it, HashFast will give you additional ASICs. In fact, we will give you up to 400% more hashing capacity than the Baby Jet you purchased. Yes, that does mean that if you don’t make your money back in 90 days, we will increase your mining capacity to up to 2 Terahashes!

The Miner Protection Program™ applies to all customers of Baby Jets purchased from Batch 1 of our production. For the second batch, the Miner Protection Program™ will be sold separately.

HF should give a clarification on if/when MPP will ship. This is overdue. Doing ROI caculations without taking shipping time into account is nonsensical so it was somewhat implied that MPP would ship directly after the 90 day MPP window closed. This has not happened.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:26:54 AM

i think( or at least i hope) he means that MPP and upgrades aren't part of batch 1 shipping.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:12:23 AM

-Phil

Correct, that was the promise. This is the original statement from Oct 6:

Miner Protection Program™
We want our customers to succeed.

At HashFast, we understand that healthy, prosperous customers make for a healthy and prosperous company. We know that our customers are concerned about the rapid growth of the network hashrate – and we stand by our customers. We designed our silicon so efficiently per square mm, that we are able offer you this protection.

If the Bitcoin network hashrate increases so that your Baby Jet doesn’t generate more Bitcoins in ninety days than you paid for it, HashFast will give you additional ASICs. In fact, we will give you up to 400% more hashing capacity than the Baby Jet you purchased. Yes, that does mean that if you don’t make your money back in 90 days, we will increase your mining capacity to up to 2 Terahashes!

The Miner Protection Program™ applies to all customers of Baby Jets purchased from Batch 1 of our production. For the second batch, the Miner Protection Program™ will be sold separately.

HF should give a clarification on if/when MPP will ship. This is overdue. Doing ROI caculations without taking shipping time into account is nonsensical so it was somewhat implied that MPP would ship directly after the 90 MPP window closed. This has not happened.

As much as i would have liked to say that they would have shipped right away from hashfast past record we all knew that wasnt going to happen. Tho I really dont see what is causing the delays. I mean the MPP is simple more modules. My assumtion is that they used MPP for batch 2 while the old batch 2 will become our MPP.
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:34:12 AM

I think you are understanding correctly.  It doesn't seem to say WHEN you'll be given the extra hashing capacity.  From what I understand we aren't just sitting on boards, as soon as they get made, they get shipped.  Nothing is lingering.  I think the reason must be that the current production is going to people who paid for normal orders, then after that everyone get's their MPP stuff (Don't quote me, again not my area, I'm assuming here.)

If I were a customer waiting for my first board, I'd probably be pretty pissed if I knew people were getting their free MPP boards before I got my paid unit!

Please people, this is the last question I'm going to answer.  I CANNOT HELP ON THESE ISSUES!

If people want to persist, I'll simply go back to my paid job and quit putting in all this extra non-paid time on helping everyone.

This is officially a NO WHINING ZONE!

-Phil
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:43:00 AM

As much as i would have liked to say that they would have shipped right away from hashfast past record we all knew that wasnt going to happen. Tho I really dont see what is causing the delays. I mean the MPP is simple more modules. My assumtion is that they used MPP for batch 2 while the old batch 2 will become our MPP.

Silicon for B2 and the complete full-pull MPP were allegedly ordered months ago at the same time.  Maybe they have massive yield issues?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: