Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:04:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382863 times)
shanent

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Help PMC Get On CoinedUp.com http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xe6ub/please_add_premine_pmc/

Help PMC Get On Allcrypt.com  ( Votes 10 times/24h ) http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

Help PMC Get on MintPal (3 votes unregistered-6 votes registered users/every hour) https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Help PMC Get On Cryptsy! https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000000021

and add also http://coinelo.com/ (now are 3rd after bitcoin and litecoin)

Print yOur PreMineCoin CaLenDar  PMC(φ) 16z7TSgoXRTepHFT1CEBXA3j5jWVQ2uADL  BTC 1AeMvtC9nhboL7fSMkyNykW864rEQWUjQC
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:55:03 PM

Our "friend" annpaol hit again here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484724.0

Premine 100% premined, no other words https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427519.0

That's like saying the gold trade is a complete scam because only the ones that were there in the beginning a few centuries ago, had a fair chance to get some.
Premine is a simple but interesting idea, how does a crypto coin survive only on tx fees, not intended as a scam.
Popularity grew because of the community embracing the idea, it was first advertised as an experiment.

I joined in after the 100% giveaway, never received a fortune in PMC for free, it wasn't even on an exchange back then so had no BTC value.
Nobody forces you to buy or sell PMC, the concept will prove the most stable altcoin since there is no daily need for capital injection.
No mining farms needed since there is no fixed block reward, ROI calc is impossible, the network can run on spare CPU cycles without wasting tons of energy, as green as it gets.

It's not perfect and needs work to boost its image but don't call it a scam because of the word 'premine'.
A central bank printing money each year to devaluate your earnings, that's what I call a scam.

Responded to it.

Good reply on that.  Wink

Mivexil

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:57:41 PM

I think the freewheeling massive giveaway era may be coming to an end

I'm sort of worried about that. It's been a good selling point for PMC.

I think we should keep redistributing, but maybe make people work a little bit more for their share. Have them complete an offer, donate a small amount of BTC to charity, in general - do something, not just post an address/solve a captcha. Hopefully something that will benefit the community or allow such program to sustain.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:59:01 PM

Our "friend" annpaol hit again here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484724.0

Cryptohunter has already questioned his claims, and I've also sent Cryptohunter a PM. annpaol, for lack of a better word, is an idiot. He never backs up any of his wild claims. Just spreads FUD and ignorance.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Mivexil

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:01:01 PM

Cryptohunter has already questioned his claims, and I've also sent Cryptohunter a PM. annpaol, for lack of a better word, is an idiot. He never backs up any of his wild claims. Just spreads FUD and ignorance.

The thread is already locked, so there. And as I've stated, I believe he's a little misguided. Premine is almost a curse word in crypto community, and if you claim 100% premine, it sort of sets off an alarm.

It's not an excuse for not doing the research, though.
OLHD

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:04:06 PM

whether the kurd ever recovered?   Huh
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:04:29 PM

Hey with regards to Musent, I hope the rest of the Premine community, as it is, will not damage this coin as it really does have potential

It was Musent's to do with as he pleased, but in deciding to keep them entirely for himself he's turned his back on the community and decided to be greedy.

There were bound to be a few bad apples in the bunch. Just the way it goes when you have a distribution model like this.

Wow, I get busy in real life and my name gets drug through the mud lol.

First off, I'd like to say thank you to Nullu, ctenc001 and the dev for making judgments on me while I was away. I do have 2 jobs and a family outside of this coin.

From the beginning of this project, I was one of the first adopters and supporters for this coin. My original wallet address has 50.2 PMC in it currently, so by no means am I a hoarder. You can check for yourself here and read my past posts about giving a lot away from post ~600 and on: http://cryptexplorer.com/address/1NuD6pJjZnAoHzBPcoSM5dJTtP9TCV6725. Hell, I gave something like 100 PMC to someone for naming a song's lyrics and each time I would give away PMC, I would ask that person to pass some on to a random address. Of course, I couldn't make that person do any of that and my only hope was that they did pass along some PMC. So, with that address, I have given over 950 PMC out to the community, which to me, is a lot of PMC to give out. With that regard, Nullu, it looks like you have a balance of well over 3,400 PMC: http://cryptexplorer.com/address/1MBbDbo7koEA9TPnRT25BYfEp2s6Wu1BVM. So, to call me a hoarder and greedy is simply ironic, yes?

I've read every post about the faucet that I built and each one of you (Nullu, ctenc001 and the dev) have stated that I was given 15k PMC for a bounty, which is true. 50k PMC was originally put aside for the faucet. I stated on the main boards (http://preminecoin.cryptotycoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0) to the dev and the community that I was building a faucet. I was told by the dev that the faucet had to be "new" and not a copy/paste job, to which, I worked my ass off on and hosted it, on my own. Before I could finish, I was given a deadline of January 29, there was another faucet that came online on January 26. It was a copy/paste job and I was in discussion with the dev about why I was working on a faucet that he knew about and then was giving the bounty to another person that basically broke his rules of what he wanted in the faucet. He said the person who built the faucet was willing to share the bounty with me and that's where the 15k originated from. I never knew the 15k bounty was for the faucet. A bounty, to me, is when you do work and receive a reward. What happened to the other 35k bounty? Where is that PMC? Why is it not being questioned about? According to this: http://blockchain.premineco.in/address/1MubvaxLtBSEi6SWRbb8my8Q5ST4oEG1fs there has only been 3345.5329097 PMC distributed to the community and now has a 0 PMC balance.

The faucet still has a favicon that shows bitcoin and not premine.

The faucet bounty discussion can be read here: http://preminecoin.cryptotycoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

Please appreciate from my point of view, you moved the coins, the faucet went down and you more or less vanished. Then the moment I make a public post about it you show up.

The other faucet uses cold storage from what I have been told and is still functional.

My balance actually exceeds 3,400, and the community is well aware of it. Don't try to turn this around on me. I've been upfront about my intentions from the start, and I've never hid my intentions from anyone. I have 3k set aside given by the community, and a further 2k of my own coins, leaving me with 5k of my own coins.

You have been making posts for almost 2 weeks now, so for me to "show up after you make a public post" is asinine. You even saw a buy wall of 13k and thought it was me. I'm not turning anything around on you but don't come blasting at me, assuming something you know nothing about.  

Where have I said you put up a 13k buy wall? Source please.

Fact - the faucet stopped working
Fact - you moved the coins
Fact - you stopped posting
Fact - you came online twice in the week since I messaged you and did not respond

You can try to turn this around on me all you want, but I have nothing to hide. You haven't really explained anything.

They are your coins, but people were under the impression you were using the majority of them for the faucet. Is that wrong, then?

Fact - the faucet stopped working Yes, the faucet is down and I will get it back online. I did not know it was down.
Fact - you moved the coins Yes, I moved the coins. It was a bounty. If you don't know what a bounty is, then I'm sorry. Nowhere did I ever say I would keep these all for myself or that I would fund the faucet with them.
Fact - you stopped posting Yes, I stopped posting because I got swamped at work. So, what? Doesn't mean anything.
Fact - you came online twice in the week since I messaged you and did not respond I did not know I had a time frame of replying to you or the board. I read that message last night before I went to bed.

I'm sorry if it feels like you are being put on trial here, but the faucet went down, the coins got moved to a different wallet, and we hear nothing for weeks. You have to concede that, even with legitimate reasons for these actions, it's going to cause great concern to the community. I have no problem with you holding the bounty, but many, including myself, were under some assumption that at least some of that bounty would be used for the faucet. I will go back and review the posts in this thread of that.

The bounty was for a faucet. The faucet does not function. Again, only after I publicly expressed my serious concerns did you respond. Whether coincidence or not, nothing about this situation looked particularly great, and I won't apologise for raising my concerns. I had to say something to get you to respond. I'm sorry if you felt it a slant on your personal character, but to anyone from the outside it looked bad, you have to realise that.

They're yours to do with as you please. Totally agree with you there. But I doubt I am the only one here who feels a bit off about the entire situation.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Mivexil

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:12:39 PM

Not sure how to proceed...
But a spending coin with low maintenance costs UNLIKE DOGE would be great to partner with...

I'm with you, let's put aside the nastiness and focus on building out this coin's future. I think what was suggested in a few threads earlier about finding a way to mine Bitcoin and PMC at the same time would be a huge boost.

Or create an exchange with PMC as a trading base instead of BTC Wink

Too many new exchanges lately. I like the idea personally, but it probably won't take off unless we adopt a lot of new coins very quickly Wink
TheBeardedMann

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:22:33 PM

I think the freewheeling massive giveaway era may be coming to an end

I'm sort of worried about that. It's been a good selling point for PMC.

I think we should keep redistributing, but maybe make people work a little bit more for their share. Have them complete an offer, donate a small amount of BTC to charity, in general - do something, not just post an address/solve a captcha. Hopefully something that will benefit the community or allow such program to sustain.

I started an idea that went no where.  I thought it was a good idea.  A PMC Exchange where you worked for PMC.  You can check out the original post here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=429533.0  I guess if it gets interest, I could start it up.  And if there was enough interest, I could get George Smith back in.  Back then, no one was willing to do work for PMC.  Maybe now that it has a value, people might like it.
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 07:28:35 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 05:27:46 PM by ctenc001

status update: Website now reflects the latest requests.
Working:
* Some minor adjustments to styling and text.
* Make all those red boxes fixed width, looks messy now.
* Add some paragraphs to the About section, or make it shorter in general
* Format the coin config file section a bit more nicely.
* Give Facebook and Twitter their own little icons in a corner up top somewhere so they're always in sight.

*Change text:
Change: Premine is a proof of concept that will showcase that mining for transaction fees is a sustainable way forward for cryptocurrencies. As such, all coins were freely and fairly distributed with many current holders still willing to provide free coins to those who ask.

To: Premine is a 'proof of concept' that shows mining for transaction fees is a sustainable future for all deflationary cryptocurrencies, particularly Bitcoin itself. All 499,000 ( 100% ) Premine coins were freely distributed, and current holders are still redistributing coins to those who wish to participate. PMC is quite literally "The future of Bitcoin Revealed"

Future Development: I think I am going to try and add a livefeed to latest posts at the official forum on the right side, and a live feed to new posts on this thread at bitcointalk on the left side of each page. This may clutter things up too much though, still debating.
SUGGESTIONS?Huh

NEW PMC HOMEPAGEhttp://pmc.cryptotycoons.com/

Please give me feedback!!!!

It's essential in designing a good website.
I can hand current source over to Dev whenever he requires it. Alternatively I'll just host the website at the current address.

I feel the site is polished enough for it to either be used as the official homepage. We can either start forwarding people to the link I provided or I will give the dev source for him to upload to the current domain name. =)

This website was built in my free time, with no bounty offered or expected; however if you feel you'd like to donate, heres my wallet addresses:

BTC: 1APUavEL2N6uSd8XzNGEgCGrRV1MNvXVV3
PMC: 1PFv3wPrvVwTq6vNPJhCe5j1aWxRDBrfrw
BeeFer310

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:43:53 PM

Might try to get some newbies for this coin and give away the last chunk of coins i'm willing to giveaway.

How should i giveaway 100 PMC? any creative ideas?

Votes on crypsty or reddit(coinedup) or retweet or tweet about PMC.

lets get votes for cryptsy. coinedup sucks. 2 PMC per vote on cryptsy? I'll get 50 people to like and post in that cryptsy thread. Should I tell them to post their addresses on cryptsy too?
I'll throw in another 100 for this, if you handle the giveaway =) Don't have the time for the next few days and we need to get this running!
PM me when you run low, and i'll send you the 100 PMC =)
Me 2...
 get this giveaway running and I'll send you 100 to give away and 25 for your effort.
Benezivas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:57:15 PM

Hey guys, I was gone for the weekend but kept watching the price on poloniex, while people have been dumping a lot someone seems to have seen his chance and bought up a whole lot just a few minutes ago. Also, I really like the effort that is put into pushing PMC forward, the website looks really neat already and just needs some readjustments to really stand out.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:03:02 PM

Hey guys, I was gone for the weekend but kept watching the price on poloniex, while people have been dumping a lot someone seems to have seen his chance and bought up a whole lot just a few minutes ago. Also, I really like the effort that is put into pushing PMC forward, the website looks really neat already and just needs some readjustments to really stand out.

Yep big green bar shot up, I bought quite a few myself  Grin

Mivexil

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:04:30 PM

Must... resist.. urge... to sell... and rebuy... Cheesy

I wish the price would stay this way, but it probably will get brought down quickly.
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:07:52 PM

I wish the price would stay this way, but it probably will get brought down quickly.

Hang in there. It's really only a matter of time before there is no more left to dump off. That's when the real prices will start to show up.

minime1

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:10:28 PM

Hang in there. It's really only a matter of time before there is no more left to dump off. That's when the real prices will start to show up.
Or everybody will just stay put and keep their coins. Then would be a good time to offer more services to spend PMC for something different than an exchange.
uasteel

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:44:41 PM

Aaaaannnndddd poloniex is having issues again lol. I'm down to throw 100pmc at a hard push to a large exchange.
Musent

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:06:22 PM

Hey with regards to Musent, I hope the rest of the Premine community, as it is, will not damage this coin as it really does have potential

It was Musent's to do with as he pleased, but in deciding to keep them entirely for himself he's turned his back on the community and decided to be greedy.

There were bound to be a few bad apples in the bunch. Just the way it goes when you have a distribution model like this.

First off, I'd like to say thank you to Nullu, ctenc001 and the dev for making judgments on me while I was away. I do have 2 jobs and a family outside of this coin.

From the beginning of this project, I was one of the first adopters and supporters for this coin. My original wallet address has 50.2 PMC in it currently, so by no means am I a hoarder. You can check for yourself here and read my past posts about giving a lot away from post ~600 and on: http://cryptexplorer.com/address/1NuD6pJjZnAoHzBPcoSM5dJTtP9TCV6725. Hell, I gave something like 100 PMC to someone for naming a song's lyrics and each time I would give away PMC, I would ask that person to pass some on to a random address. Of course, I couldn't make that person do any of that and my only hope was that they did pass along some PMC. So, with that address, I have given over 950 PMC out to the community, which to me, is a lot of PMC to give out. With that regard, Nullu, it looks like you have a balance of well over 3,400 PMC: http://cryptexplorer.com/address/1MBbDbo7koEA9TPnRT25BYfEp2s6Wu1BVM. So, to call me a hoarder and greedy is simply ironic, yes?

I've read every post about the faucet that I built and each one of you (Nullu, ctenc001 and the dev) have stated that I was given 15k PMC for a bounty, which is true. 50k PMC was originally put aside for the faucet. I stated on the main boards (http://preminecoin.cryptotycoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0) to the dev and the community that I was building a faucet. I was told by the dev that the faucet had to be "new" and not a copy/paste job, to which, I worked my ass off on and hosted it, on my own. Before I could finish, I was given a deadline of January 29, there was another faucet that came online on January 26. It was a copy/paste job and I was in discussion with the dev about why I was working on a faucet that he knew about and then was giving the bounty to another person that basically broke his rules of what he wanted in the faucet. He said the person who built the faucet was willing to share the bounty with me and that's where the 15k originated from. I never knew the 15k bounty was for the faucet. A bounty, to me, is when you do work and receive a reward. What happened to the other 35k bounty? Where is that PMC? Why is it not being questioned about? According to this: http://blockchain.premineco.in/address/1MubvaxLtBSEi6SWRbb8my8Q5ST4oEG1fs there has only been 3345.5329097 PMC distributed to the community and now has a 0 PMC balance.

The faucet bounty discussion can be read here: http://preminecoin.cryptotycoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

I don't think anybody was quick to accuse you of anything. I'm pretty sure the biggest concern was what happened. The only thing the community is really wanting is a second working faucet. Everything that was said about this situation was said in this thread, and is thoroughly documented.

Personally it is fine by me if you decide to keep your PMC, you are within your rights to do so. Although it will cause fear of a massive dump.

The only thing people are concerned with is paying 15k PMC for a faucet that does not appear to work.

I understand your concern and I am working on getting it working again. No worries there. Thank you for your input, dev.
Musent

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:09:18 PM

Please appreciate from my point of view, you moved the coins, the faucet went down and you more or less vanished. Then the moment I make a public post about it you show up.

The other faucet uses cold storage from what I have been told and is still functional.

My balance actually exceeds 3,400, and the community is well aware of it. Don't try to turn this around on me. I've been upfront about my intentions from the start, and I've never hid my intentions from anyone. I have 3k set aside given by the community, and a further 2k of my own coins, leaving me with 5k of my own coins.

You have been making posts for almost 2 weeks now, so for me to "show up after you make a public post" is asinine. You even saw a buy wall of 13k and thought it was me. I'm not turning anything around on you but don't come blasting at me, assuming something you know nothing about.  

Where have I said you put up a 13k buy wall? Source please.

Fact - the faucet stopped working
Fact - you moved the coins
Fact - you stopped posting
Fact - you came online twice in the week since I messaged you and did not respond

You can try to turn this around on me all you want, but I have nothing to hide. You haven't really explained anything.

They are your coins, but people were under the impression you were using the majority of them for the faucet. Is that wrong, then?

Fact - the faucet stopped working Yes, the faucet is down and I will get it back online. I did not know it was down.
Fact - you moved the coins Yes, I moved the coins. It was a bounty. If you don't know what a bounty is, then I'm sorry. Nowhere did I ever say I would keep these all for myself or that I would fund the faucet with them.
Fact - you stopped posting Yes, I stopped posting because I got swamped at work. So, what? Doesn't mean anything.
Fact - you came online twice in the week since I messaged you and did not respond I did not know I had a time frame of replying to you or the board. I read that message last night before I went to bed.

I'm sorry if it feels like you are being put on trial here, but the faucet went down, the coins got moved to a different wallet, and we hear nothing for weeks. You have to concede that, even with legitimate reasons for these actions, it's going to cause great concern to the community. I have no problem with you holding the bounty, but many, including myself, were under some assumption that at least some of that bounty would be used for the faucet. I will go back and review the posts in this thread of that.

The bounty was for a faucet. The faucet does not function. Again, only after I publicly expressed my serious concerns did you respond. Whether coincidence or not, nothing about this situation looked particularly great, and I won't apologise for raising my concerns. I had to say something to get you to respond. I'm sorry if you felt it a slant on your personal character, but to anyone from the outside it looked bad, you have to realise that.

They're yours to do with as you please. Totally agree with you there. But I doubt I am the only one here who feels a bit off about the entire situation.
And you are entitled to your opinion of the situation/me. I came here and explained everything. If you choose to not accept it, then that's completely fine. I will continue to push this coin around the web and continue to promote it, just like I have from the beginning.
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Bass Player

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:43:26 PM

PMC:  PreMintCoin    Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: