Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 [861] 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004002 times)
Bepesand

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:09:37 PM

Have a look at this and think for yourselves. What could happen to big exchanges and the whole crypto market in case of a fraud related to Tether?
https://www.coindesk.com/report-cftc-sends-subpoenas-bitfinex-tether/

If so, the price of most altcoin will drop, but the good coins like ETH or Bitcoin Cash will rise a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:56:26 AM

in summary, we have to bag ETH, DCR and ADA, yes, yes, ADA as,in my view, Cardano offers the most elegant solutions to all known problems traditionally associated with cryptocurrency.

ETH - The best! I bought a huge number of coins, but the most convenient in my sight is the ETH.

The system of smart contracts allows you to create unique solutions.

Now we can observe the time of the formation of new technological coins!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2721661.0 - AES Best solution for invetors and admin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1598571.0 -  YOCOIN.

There are many other examples. All this thanks to the ETH.

These are just simple tokens.

So what? Even bitcoin is a token, token that can reflect the balance on relevant address, that is why it  acts as coin. ETH is also token which besides his  function  of utility can reflect the balance. That is why we   call it coin. But token is also acceptable.

You've got it backwards. It's a bit of a misnomer though, and it sounds like you're a bit new to crypto. Typically "coin" is the label we apply to crypto tokens which have their own blockchain. "Token" is the label we apply to pretty much everything else (i.e. they're called "ERC-20 tokens", not "ERC-20 coins").

Also, Ethereum wasn't the first to introduce the ability for users to create their own on-chain crypto token (e.g. NXT or Burst, even Waves I think came before Ethereum). For sure, Ethereum does it much better (in my opinion) than any other platform, but the fact remains, you can't really say "all this thanks to the ETH".

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
hiramofTyre

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:52:14 AM

Guys look at a market cap of BTC and ETH if bitcoin keeps falling like that I think me might soon overtake bitcoin's #1 position.

It seems the price of bitcoin is being dumped so the big ones could buy low and after that it will surge in orices.  But who knows maybe this time eth will finally catch up with btc.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:17:08 AM

Guys look at a market cap of BTC and ETH if bitcoin keeps falling like that I think me might soon overtake bitcoin's #1 position.

It seems the price of bitcoin is being dumped so the big ones could buy low and after that it will surge in orices.  But who knows maybe this time eth will finally catch up with btc.

It will be one tough competition though. I guess for the first time in last several months they are so close to each others market cap.
Nowhere but up

Activity: 82
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:11:51 AM

Ethereum really made gains on Bitcoin today. Bitcoin's market cap only went from 170B to 171B but Ethereum's market cap went from 105B to 111B, the new smart money is allocating toward Ethereum 4 to 1 at least today, if this pattern were to keep up the Ethereum will pass Bitcoin approximately in June to August time period depending on how much new smart money is allocated especially from all these new Hedge funds from Wall Street. Remember Coinbase has special services for them called Coinbase Custody with minimum deposit of 10 million, if that smart money ratio holds it appears as though the majority of money is allocating for long term gains in Ethereum because of its abilities in smart contracts and dapps unlike Bitcoin.
It appears as though crypto corrections is making Ethereum stronger...  Wink
Geekxplore

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:48:44 AM

What is EthBet Coin?
EthBet Coin is a decentralized, peer-to-peer and demonstrably fair cryptocurrencywhich on the established Ethereum – block chain is based.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-ethbet-coin.html
jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:59:07 AM

I think it is good to see some rotation in positions of markets based on their capitalization. One month is already short from 12 as everywhere were shouts this year is going to be crazy for cryptomarkets there will be race and among markets to get better positions on marketcap in coming months. Ethereum couldn't defend its second position last year and now it looks ready to keep on going towards no.1 place. All this will be interesting in weeks.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
Norainvn

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:00:46 AM

Can i addnode eth for faster sync
Jedgar

Activity: 219

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:02:32 AM

in summary, we have to bag ETH, DCR and ADA, yes, yes, ADA as,in my view, Cardano offers the most elegant solutions to all known problems traditionally associated with cryptocurrency.

ETH - The best! I bought a huge number of coins, but the most convenient in my sight is the ETH.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2721661.0 - AES Best solution for invetors and admin.

So what? Even bitcoin is a token, token that can reflect the balance on relevant address, that is why it  acts as coin. ETH is also token which besides his  function  of utility can reflect the balance. That is why we   call it coin. But token is also acceptable.

You've got it backwards. It's a bit of a misnomer though, and it sounds like you're a bit new to crypto. Typically "coin" is the label we apply to crypto tokens which have their own blockchain. "Token" is the label we apply to pretty much everything else (i.e. they're called "ERC-20 tokens", not "ERC-20 coins").

Also, Ethereum wasn't the first to introduce the ability for users to create their own on-chain crypto token (e.g. NXT or Burst, even Waves I think came before Ethereum). For sure, Ethereum does it much better (in my opinion) than any other platform, but the fact remains, you can't really say "all this thanks to the ETH".

Yeah, a bit new since 2013. But what about ARDR? Seems  it don't fit you definition. It has its own blockchain but it's not a coin. For the sake of simplicity,   ARDR is a token with a single  function of blocks validation. When you pay gas transferring ERC-20, ETH is functioning as a pure token. In fact initially it was designed to be an utility token and nothing more besides, but due to his multifaceted nature and wide adoption, it  circulates as a currency or coin if you wish.
zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:25:39 AM

Yeah, a bit new since 2013. But what about ARDR? Seems  it don't fit you definition. It has its own blockchain but it's not a coin. For the sake of simplicity,   ARDR is a token with a single  function of blocks validation. When you pay gas transferring ERC-20, ETH is functioning as a pure token. In fact initially it was designed to be an utility token and nothing more besides, but due to his multifaceted nature and wide adoption, it  circulates as a currency or coin if you wish.
yes i agree with that eth is pure coin supporting alot of contract token on its own blockchain
eth supports multi functions that why its coin and also token
token that using another blockchain like eth is called erc20 token and that token could be used for another functions
i think it is very simple thing but in explanation its very wide
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:49:06 AM

Ethereum really made gains on Bitcoin today. Bitcoin's market cap only went from 170B to 171B but Ethereum's market cap went from 105B to 111B, the new smart money is allocating toward Ethereum 4 to 1 at least today, if this pattern were to keep up the Ethereum will pass Bitcoin approximately in June to August time period depending on how much new smart money is allocated especially from all these new Hedge funds from Wall Street. Remember Coinbase has special services for them called Coinbase Custody with minimum deposit of 10 million, if that smart money ratio holds it appears as though the majority of money is allocating for long term gains in Ethereum because of its abilities in smart contracts and dapps unlike Bitcoin.
It appears as though crypto corrections is making Ethereum stronger...  Wink

If you notice it like that then those altcoin that is currently less than 50 cents will make it higher as well if you compared it with bitcoin. Ethereum is currently the new cryptocurrency that is well known for most new money but in the end most people will choose bitcoin . It is like dollar compared with euro or GBP, being the second is always good
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:35:14 AM

Welcome to the New Beginning

When the grand experiment that is bitcoin began, the anonymous wizard desired to test two parameters- a trustless, decentralized database enjoying security enforced by the austere relentlessness of cryptography and a robust transaction system capable of sending value across the world without intermediaries. Yet the past five years years have painfully demonstrated a third missing feature: a sufficiently powerful Turing-complete scripting language. Up until this point, most innovation in advanced applications such as domain and identity registration, user-issued currencies, smart property, smart contracts, and decentralized exchange has been highly fragmented, and implementing any of these technologies has required creating an entire meta-protocol layer or even a specialized blockchain. Theoretically, however, each and every one of these innovations and more can potentially be made hundreds of times easier to implement, and easier to scale, if only there was a stronger foundational layer with a powerful scripting language for all of these protocols to build upon. And this need is what we seek to satisfy.

Ethereum is a modular, stateful, Turing-complete contract scripting system married to a blockchain and developed with a philosophy of simplicity, universal accessibility and generalization. Our goal is to provide a platform for decentralized applications - an android of the cryptocurrency world, where all efforts can share a common set of APIs, trustless interactions and no compromises. We ask for the community to join us as volunteers, developers, investors and evangelists seeking to enable a fundamentally different paradigm for the internet and the relationships it provides.

Who is Behind Ethereum?

Our primary core devs are:

• Vitalik Buterin → Inventor of Ethereum, protocol developer and researcher
  • Gavin Wood →Lead C++ developer
  • Jeffrey Wilcke → Lead Go developer

Primary non-development members include:

• Anthony Di Iorio → Founder and Executive Director of the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, Bitcoin Decentral, KryptoKit
  • Mihai Alisie → Founder of Bitcoin Magazine and Egora
  • Joseph Lubin → Software engineer, Quantitative Analyst
  • Stephan Tual → Founder of Ursium, Communications

A more extensive but non-exhaustive list of team members can be found here.

Our ether sale is available at http://ethereum.org ; the site contains all needed instructions.

The Next Step: Some Links

Welcome to the Ethereum Ecosystem:

Contact Us:

General Queries
info@ethereum.org

Firstly I would like to thank you guys for coming up with this great project and it benefit everyone alot.

I have an idea that could benefit many, for ERC-20 tokens instead of sending only 1 token by a time users may send as many they want and eventually all the tokens in that particular wallet.
Hope you guys would implement this feature.
The email isn't working

-Peace-
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:19:35 PM

Are we witnessing today the long waited breakthrough of Ethereum/Bitcoin chart dependency? Or is this a temporary phenomenon. If I am reading the charts correct, today Bitcoin and its little Lite brother are big time falling down in sync, while Ethereum is in the green against btc, eur and usd.

onecall123

Activity: 2058
Merit: 323

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:00:36 PM

I think it is good to see some rotation in positions of markets based on their capitalization. One month is already short from 12 as everywhere were shouts this year is going to be crazy for cryptomarkets there will be race and among markets to get better positions on marketcap in coming months. Ethereum couldn't defend its second position last year and now it looks ready to keep on going towards no.1 place. All this will be interesting in weeks.
The entire crypto market downwards happening, against the latest crypto dip except ETH, going up and survive strongly. At this point, ETH Is the Safe House!

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:11:42 PM

Are we witnessing today the long waited breakthrough of Ethereum/Bitcoin chart dependency? Or is this a temporary phenomenon. If I am reading the charts correct, today Bitcoin and its little Lite brother are big time falling down in sync, while Ethereum is in the green against btc, eur and usd.

Yes, Ethereum is strong today indeed, but it was closer to so called flippening on June 12th 2017 when BTC had ~40% dominance and ETH ~32%.
Currently it's ~33% vs 23%, and it'll be interesting watching how it all unfolds over the next few days/weeks.
Hullo

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:19:51 PM

Today's winner is Ethereum regardless of the reasons but it faced all the volatility and sustained the value without tumbling. We have lot of things to learn from this changing situation where new power houses are rising up as strong competitors in market to dominate it.
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:34:04 PM

Asia-Pacific Meetup (February 25)
https://coindar.org/en/event/ethereum-eth-asiapacific-meetup-2750
Serega Smile

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:35:53 PM

Venezuela to Become the World’s First State to Issue a Currency on Ethereum’s Blockchain.The Venezuelan government has revealed they are hoping to raise around $5 billion by issuing an Ethereum Based ECR20 token called Petro in an ICO.The Venezuelan government says they will promote Petro’s use within the country and outside while also allowing its citizens to accept benefits in Petros.

raskill

Activity: 167
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:30:34 PM

Wow, looks like we all been duped. Crypto is dying...I didn't expect this....
Nowhere but up

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:58:33 AM

Nothing wrong with a bit of regulation and maybe even taxes, would be a good thing long term. You know the countries want a cut, any new tax stream makes them salivate, what's a few extra bucks as long as we can get minimum 100% annual returns, the 14 day volume chart for eth just rocketed higher should keep things interesting, eth has a big future.....as far as bitcoin the lower it goes the better later on because less bitcoins will be available in the next rally whenever that starts....
Pages: « 1 ... 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 [861] 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: