Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:06:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 [875] 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004319 times)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:14:20 PM

Researchers find 3,686 dangerously broken Ethereum contracts

https://www.finder.com.au/researchers-find-3686-dangerously-broken-ethereum-contracts

Researchers took an automated walk through almost a million live Ethereum contracts to search for vulnerabilities. They successfully identified and tracked down 3,686 errors, with ties to millions of dollars worth of Ethereum, suggesting that about 0.36% of all Ethereum contracts might be flawed.

The system they used to uncover these errors was also able to uncover the famous Parity bug which recently locked away about $160 million at-the-time-worth of Ether forever, in one of history's more expensive programming errors.

The researchers divided the flawed contracts into three rough categories and gave each one a vaguely poetic name.

Prodigal contracts – A contract which can be robbed and manipulated to carelessly release Ether to another address, such as in the DAO attack.
    Suicidal contracts – A contract which can be killed by an outside attacker.
    Greedy contracts – A contract which can be manipulated to lock away the Ether held.

Systems will frequently depend on multiple contracts, so incidents will often involve more than one of these. For example, the Parity library contract was suicidal, while the its wallet contracts were greedy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
AntiNoise

Activity: 143
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:00:34 PM

Hi,
maybe someone know a bit about this eth address :  "  0x69ea6b31ef305d6b99bb2d4c9d99456fa108b02a  "  ?

Thx in advance
Is that even important? I know it has big amount in that wallet, whoever owns that is really a rich person.
This kind of amount really inspired me, if someone can make it then I think it would also be possible for us to own this big amount of tokens and ETH.

I recived a small amount in 2017 from this account and I can´t remember what was the reason for this transaction.
dr.cheema

Activity: 840
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:17:21 PM

co-founder of Ethereum has warned cryptocurrencies are still a new and hyper-volatile asset which could hit almost zero at any time.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/921131/ethereum-Vitalik-Buterin-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-Leonardo-Da-Vinci-s
Nowhere but up

Activity: 82
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:26:59 PM

https://www.finder.com.au/researchers-find-3686-dangerously-broken-ethereum-contracts

Researchers took an automated walk through almost a million live Ethereum contracts to search for vulnerabilities. They successfully identified and tracked down 3,686 errors, with ties to millions of dollars worth of Ethereum, suggesting that about 0.36% of all Ethereum contracts might be flawed.

The system they used to uncover these errors was also able to uncover the famous Parity bug which recently locked away about $160 million at-the-time-worth of Ether forever, in one of history's more expensive programming errors.

The researchers divided the flawed contracts into three rough categories and gave each one a vaguely poetic name.

Prodigal contracts – A contract which can be robbed and manipulated to carelessly release Ether to another address, such as in the DAO attack.
    Greedy contracts – A contract which can be manipulated to lock away the Ether held.

Systems will frequently depend on multiple contracts, so incidents will often involve more than one of these. For example, the Parity library contract was suicidal, while the its wallet contracts were greedy.
[/quote/]

All bets are off if these are real security breaches this is a disaster is that why
 Vitalik just said eth can go to zero any time or I think he meant any crypto but why
is he saying that now because the security breaches are real and he messed up
Badly? Eth is behaving badly bitcoin has taken off I'm worried
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:30:09 PM

co-founder of Ethereum has warned cryptocurrencies are still a new and hyper-volatile asset which could hit almost zero at any time.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/921131/ethereum-Vitalik-Buterin-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-Leonardo-Da-Vinci-s
This kinda news should be posted more frequently. Most of greedy people are getting into crypto currency investments and loosing money. Thanks to Vitalik for this kind publicity.
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:38:33 PM

We are back to real growth, the 14 day Ethereum Transaction History just broke out to the upside, just click
On the "Explorer" tab below Announcement to view for yourself, the more transactions the more valuable Ethereum is....we should be trading 980 minimum on this growth news...

When Bitcoin is in bullish mode than chart works anymore from my opinion Ethereum will keep moving downward during this rally but in term of fiat it will stay around that level. Maybe I'm wrong this time but I observe this so many times.
dr.cheema

Activity: 840
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:44:16 PM

This kinda news should be posted more frequently. Most of greedy people are getting into crypto currency investments and loosing money. Thanks to Vitalik for this kind publicity.
Greedy people don't have any experience about cryptocurrency and then they invested in crypto on flop projects and lose money.

crypto regulation will be beneficial. hope so people will be invest on best project like ethereum, envion and H2O etc.
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:07:13 PM

We are back to real growth, the 14 day Ethereum Transaction History just broke out to the upside, just click
On the "Explorer" tab below Announcement to view for yourself, the more transactions the more valuable Ethereum is....we should be trading 980 minimum on this growth news...

When Bitcoin is in bullish mode than chart works anymore from my opinion Ethereum will keep moving downward during this rally but in term of fiat it will stay around that level. Maybe I'm wrong this time but I observe this so many times.
We just need to sit and wait. You can see the graphs of tokens over the past year. They all tend to grow. And etherium has a huge growth potential.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
raskill

Activity: 167
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:12:07 PM

Its like a dog that wont stop chasing cars, only here it's a fiat.
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:58:54 AM

Oh damn, this is the first time I am reading this article and I have to say it's a bit scary. I hope they fix the issue before any hack
zidane

Activity: 938
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:08:36 AM

Oh damn, this is the first time I am reading this article and I have to say it's a bit scary. I hope they fix the issue before any hack

Those issues are old and were used in the past for hacks. Look for example the Dao...

Nothing new
mybtcasset

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:12:20 AM

Some people didn't understand what Vitalik is mentioned because they are thinking it is very risky to invest in BTC, ETH etc. As new investor to the community, he will feel the same thing because we always invest tradition based coin which will good returns in long term.
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:46:14 PM

Guys, there are quite a lot smart contract platforms on the market at the moment and new ones are coming. Do you think Ethereum will retain leadership among such a platforms forever? For me, it might be more profitable to invest in lower market cap platforms (Lisk, Qtum EOS, ..) ?

You're making the assumption those lower market cap platforms will see the same kind of attention Ethereum has, and increase in adoption/usage/value at a greater rate than Ethereum (otherwise, it would be by definition, less profitable)....it's a bold assumption Smiley

And do those platforms have a leader with an IQ of 257 like Vitalik Buterin when Albert Einstein and Bill Gates both had an identical IQs of 160? The saying goes whatever the other platforms can do we can do better, why bet on less intelligence?

Stephen Hawking (IQ score of 160).
Marilyn Vos Savant (IQ score of 228) ...
Christopher Hirata (IQ score of 225) ...
Kim Ung-Yong (IQ score of 210) ...
Edith Stern (IQ score of more than 200) ...
Christopher Michael Langan (IQ score between 190 and 210) ...
Garry Kasparov (IQ score of 194) ...
Philip Emeagwali (IQ score of 190)
Vitalik Buterin (IQ score of 257)

Do you see my point?
Get real, 257 my eye. He would be listed in guiness if he was even close to that. I bet I can beat him at chess

The real issue here is that IQ isn't a very good metric for intellectual capacity. It's just a widely known one :/

$ETC : Welcome to the Beginning >_> the ETC/ETH flippening!!  Cool  weeee

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ETC_BTC

ETC is literally going nowhere Ethereum hasn't already been. Why do you always seem to shill the worst coins gembitz? I feel bad for your portfolio Cheesy

ethereum(ETC) is growing!! why not let ^OP explain some things?  Roll Eyes  hmmm
yes etc price is growing nad mybe it will grow more but ETH is also growing
in last 3 months eth value now more then double
i think if etc will grow then eth will grow more
it seems that eth will soon cross its all time high value

Still a bit away from its all time high and it might take some time before we see Ethereum hit it again or even pass it.
bitbit99

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:51:38 PM

Hello community.

Can someone explain, why ICO on ETH is more popular than projects in NEO or BTC ?

Just a few pros and cons. I'm new in this crypto world and reading 891 is nuts.

Thanks
zidane

Activity: 938
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:13:10 PM

Hello community.

Can someone explain, why ICO on ETH is more popular than projects in NEO or BTC ?

Just a few pros and cons. I'm new in this crypto world and reading 891 is nuts.

Thanks

Because Icos on BTC cant be done by a Smartcontract on the BTC itself.
Neo is in my opinion not futured on that many exchanges, so its not that popular.

Erc20 Tokens are futured on near all exchanges because if ETH is supported ERC20 is also supported.

Also on Ethereum you can better implement custom codes.

ETH will and is the future of crypto, it has not only one function like Bitcoin ( Function of money) it has many functions.
This will revolution the complete online structure.
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:24:34 PM

Ethereum is still one of my favorite crypto projects. Vitalik put the blockchain on a whole new level. I have no doubt that Ethereum can be the number one crypto within the next two years.

Ethereum is my favorite mainly because the transaction speed is super fast. And happy to say we are again slowly entering $1000 (current price $959)

"Super fast" is a very relative term I would say. It's still by far not fast enough to serve the demand that'll be created through blockchain platforms very soon. But we'll get there eventually!  Cool

I also think that it will become super fast one day in the future when they rolled out all their new solutions for scalability.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:19:18 PM

The perfect match!
Most of the ICOs are scams. In contrast to NEO and BTC most of ETH investors are clueless greedy noobs.
'A fool and his money are soon parted'.

bitbit99

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:29:14 PM

The perfect match!
Most of the ICOs are scams. In contrast to NEO and BTC most of ETH investors are clueless greedy noobs.

You mean that if the project is made on BTC AND NEO, then it more likely not scam, in comparison to ETH ?
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:40:52 PM

The perfect match!

You mean that if the project is made on BTC AND NEO, then it more likely not scam, in comparison to ETH ?

I mean if the scam is made on ETH, then it is more likely to succeed in parting fool and his money.
speed79

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:37:12 PM

what the hell is going on on the market ?!! any idea why the crashing ?, i look but i can find any news tht can cause the price droping tht bad
Pages: « 1 ... 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 [875] 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: