Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:18:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004314 times)

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:23:44 AM

I still don't understand why ETH is helping a 3rd party software team to recover funds THEY lost due to lack of testing/unit testing

This tells me 1 thing.. ETH considers the marketcap of their project to be more important than adoption/principals of their platform, simple really

This decision is entirely based on money, yes money, fiat, that thing we are trying to replace with crypto is swaying the decisions of crypto now.

Everyone seem to be mentioning how much $USD they lost, how much BTC they lost or will lose, no one seems concerned that ETH is the first crypto to implement blacklists

Will the blacklists stop at transaction(s), or will it extent to addresses, countries, ip's, political parties???

ETH took BTC and turned it into FIAT, Awesome work.

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★ 
...Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace | Rewards | CoinInfo 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.f. ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀██▀██████████
█████████  ▀████████          ▀█████████
██████████    ▀▀████          ██████████
█████████▀▀                  ███████████
██████████                  ▄███████████
███████████▀               ▄████████████
████████████▄▄▄           ▄█████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀         ▄▄████████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:24:22 AM

What is absolutely absurd is that their are people of this forum and of some stature that are siding with a thief.  This episode even if I lose all that I invested was worth to see the views of so many people.  That in itself was priceless.  make a list of all those that support the thief an those that support the community.  Speaks volumes on the character of so many people in this space.  

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:27:59 AM

I still don't understand why ETH is helping a 3rd party software team to recover funds THEY lost due to lack of testing/unit testing

This tells me 1 thing.. ETH considers the marketcap of their project to be more important than adoption/principals of their platform, simple really

This decision is entirely based on money, yes money, fiat, that thing we are trying to replace with crypto is swaying the decisions of crypto now.

Everyone seem to be mentioning how much $USD they lost, how much BTC they lost or will lose, no one seems concerned that ETH is the first crypto to implement blacklists

Will the blacklists stop at transaction(s), or will it extent to addresses, countries, ip's, political parties???

I think you dont understand is that ETH is still in development and changes like this must be made now to make ETH stronger and more secure for the future.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:31:44 AM

What is absolutely absurd is that their are people of this forum and of some stature that are siding with a thief.  This episode even if I lose all that I invested was worth to see the views of so many people.  That in itself was priceless.  make a list of all those that support the thief an those that support the community.  Speaks volumes on the character of so many people in this space.  

Most are shills, im starting to see the pattern....the minority now that dont want a fork also dont care about the future on how ETH will operate under POS. They may also be from the same group/team of the attacker.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
M28MmickT

Activity: 433

BTG CEO

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:37:01 AM

The error of Ethereum was to interfere with last bitcoin rally instead of accepting natural depreciation as every other alt in a Bitcoin rally.

Did you see the attack was the night a dump started on Bitcoin from 770 to 740 in hours and Ethereum was skyrocketing to 21 USD?

I dont believe is bad to compete with bitcoin but these dudes semmed rushed, that is why they left security leaks on their dao code too.

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:38:33 AM

I think you dont understand is that ETH is still in development and changes like this must be made now to make ETH stronger and more secure for the future.

ETH is not broken is it?, I thought DAO lost the ETH, Are you saying ETH is broken?

Tell me why ETH is involved in a 3rd party software losing ETH, why are they recovering ETH for someone that lost it, will they recover mine if I lose my ETH wallet, or do I have to have a certain % of ETH to apply for the ETH refund shceme.

If I lost my ETH, tough luck, If I lose enough ETH to impact the marketcap, rollback, hardfork and refund.

Rich get rich, poor get poorer, BankCoin

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
TripleHeXXX

Activity: 176
Merit: 102

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 12:38:38 AM

The idea that we somehow support the "attacker" because we don't support ETH's response is fucking absurd.

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★          
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:45:14 AM

ETH is not broken is it?, I thought DAO lost the ETH, Are you saying ETH is broken?

Tell me why ETH is involved in a 3rd party software losing ETH, why are they recovering ETH for someone that lost it, will they recover mine if I lose my ETH wallet, or do I have to have a certain % of ETH to apply for the ETH refund shceme.

If I lost my ETH, tough luck, If I lose enough ETH to impact the marketcap, rollback, hardfork and refund.

tbh im not explaining this to anyone now, its basically your opinion vs mine.
ETH is at a gd price, if you have some and are not happy...sell, goto fiat or btc or take a chance on another alt
ETH will continue doing what it feels is best for its community while in development.
By voting a fair chance is being given to everyone to decide what to do next.  http://ethpool.org/stats/votes

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:53:58 AM

ETH is at a gd price, if you have some and are not happy...sell, goto fiat or btc or take a chance on another alt
ETH will continue doing what it feels is best for its community while in development.
By voting a fair chance is being given to everyone to decide what to do next.  http://ethpool.org/stats/votes

This is the entire problem, WTF does price have to do with anything, you are also are motivated by greed.

I never cared about the price, I was excited about creating an autonomous company, but since I cant guarantee it will be their forever and cannot be changed, I need to search for a blockchain similar that offers guaranteed immutability, I cant have my smart contract disappearing and my funds lost because I got soft forked out of existence.

"The majority of the miners did not like your contract, so not its not processed by the network" Awesome

None of you care about the ETH platform and what it could be, you all care about trading and making money.

Sad and depressing.

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
TripleHeXXX

Activity: 176
Merit: 102

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 12:57:27 AM

By voting a fair chance is being given to everyone to decide what to do next.  http://ethpool.org/stats/votes

How is it fair if the votes are being bought? Honest question. ETH is bribing the miners, and you call it a fair vote.

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★          
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:16:51 AM

How is it fair if the votes are being bought? Honest question. ETH is bribing the miners, and you call it a fair vote.

The vote is for a soft fork, just so the hacker does not profit anymore. DAO investors should never be refunded and ETH should be burned.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:26:06 AM

The vote is for a soft fork, just so the hacker does not profit anymore. DAO investors should never be refunded and ETH should be burned.
i wouldnt mind if that happened

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:31:00 AM

By voting a fair chance is being given to everyone to decide what to do next.  http://ethpool.org/stats/votes

This is the entire problem, WTF does price have to do with anything, you are also are motivated by greed.

I never cared about the price, I was excited about creating an autonomous company, but since I cant guarantee it will be their forever and cannot be changed, I need to search for a blockchain similar that offers guaranteed immutability, I cant have my smart contract disappearing and my funds lost because I got soft forked out of existence.

"The majority of the miners did not like your contract, so not its not processed by the network" Awesome

None of you care about the ETH platform and what it could be, you all care about trading and making money.

Sad and depressing.
Price doesnt matter to me, its for people who maybe un happy with the direction ETH goes in...
ETH is still being created , maybe if you wait until its actually complete you will get what you want.

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:49:00 AM

Sad and depressing.
Price doesn't matter to me, its for people who maybe un happy with the direction ETH goes in...
ETH is still being created , maybe if you wait until its actually complete you will get what you want.

If they can change my contract via soft fork and miner pressure, I cant trust the contract to run as I design it, so no, this softfork proves the one unique thing ETH has is useless.

I think this is the part we are conflicting with, forget the DAO, forget the money, forget the "attacker", the softfork is changing the behavior of a contract, if this is not motivated by money, then they are just changing a contract in a way in which it was not designed.

Sure it had a bug, but that's not ETH's problem, the DAO should have tested their software better, the DAO GAVE the funds to the contract user though their own incompetence, now they want it back.

It became ETH's problem when they all panicked about the damage the 3millon ETH could do to the price of their currency

That is the issue I have with the soft fork, also the way they implemented the "fix" by adding a generic blacklist so any other "mistake" contracts can me added makes it impossible to trust unless you own more than 51% of the mining.

But like you said, we have totally different opinions of the impact of the suggested forks, because IMO if the "attacker" dumps that is ETH redistribution, the price (for the people that care) will recover, but removing the immutability of smart contracts invalidates the entire point of smart contracts, therefore you just have a coin with some extra features that can be used for games etc, it can never be trusted for any financial applications if it can be changed by the ETH network due to personal opinions.

▄███████▄
                      ███████████
                     █████████████
          ▄████████▄  ███████████
         ████████████  ▀███████▀
        ██████████████
         ████████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀
Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 02:12:58 AM

Sad and depressing.
Price doesn't matter to me, its for people who maybe un happy with the direction ETH goes in...

If they can change my contract via soft fork and miner pressure, I cant trust the contract to run as I design it, so no, this softfork proves the one unique thing ETH has is useless.

I think this is the part we are conflicting with, forget the DAO, forget the money, forget the "attacker", the softfork is changing the behavior of a contract, if this is not motivated by money, then they are just changing a contract in a way in which it was not designed.

Sure it had a bug, but that's not ETH's problem, the DAO should have tested their software better, the DAO GAVE the funds to the contract user though their own incompetence, now they want it back.

It became ETH's problem when they all panicked about the damage the 3millon ETH could do to the price of their currency

That is the issue I have with the soft fork, also the way they implemented the "fix" by adding a generic blacklist so any other "mistake" contracts can me added makes it impossible to trust unless you own more than 51% of the mining.

But like you said, we have totally different opinions of the impact of the suggested forks, because IMO if the "attacker" dumps that is ETH redistribution, the price (for the people that care) will recover, but removing the immutability of smart contracts invalidates the entire point of smart contracts, therefore you just have a coin with some extra features that can be used for games etc, it can never be trusted for any financial applications if it can be changed by the ETH network due to personal opinions.
M8 ETH is learning and creating just now, we all know this.
Yes a mistake was made but no way should one person be allowed to walk away with 1/3 of other peoples funds. If he can be stopped then he should be.
What if the attacker doesnt dump and causes more damage to your own created smart contract later on?
Im curious, what you will do if we spork or fork?

Noojna

Activity: 687
Merit: 501

AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 02:54:14 AM

Pleasem hard fork it. thanks!

If Ethereum decides to go with a hard fork I will lose all confidence in this token, forever.

███████████
  █████████████████████
                        ████████████████████████████                     
████             ███████████████        ███████████████             ███
  ███████       ███████████                              ██████████         ████
  ███████      ████████        ██████████████       ████████    ████████
   ██████    ████████        ██████████████████    ███████    ███████████
  ███████    ████████    ████████████████████  ████████  ██████████████
  ██████    ███████      ███████████            ██    ████████  ████████    █████
  ██████       ██████       ████████         ██████       ███████    ███████          █████
  ██████    ██████    ████████    ███████████████████  ████████  ███    █████
  ██████    ███████  ███████      ██████████████████    ████████  █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████    ████████████████████    ██████     ██████    █████
  █████    ███████   ██████      ███████            ████████  ██████    ███████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
  █████    ███████  ██████       ██████               ███████  ██████       █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████   ████████████████████   ██████    ██████    █████
  ██████    █████    ███████   ███████████████████   ██████       ██████    █████
███████    ██    ████████  ███████████████████      ███████   ██████    █████
  ██████          ███████    ████████  ████████      █████████    ███████    █████
███████    ████████   ███████                      ██████████      ███████    █████
  ██████████████      ███████  ████████████████████      ███████    ██████
  ████████████  █████████  ███████████████████      ████████    ██████
  ██████████  ████████     ████████████████         █████████    ██████
  ███████      ██████████                ██                ██████████      ██████
  █████           ██████████████            ██████████████           ████
  ███                   ██████████████████████████████                   █
  ███████████████████████
  ███████████████
🔥 🔥»📝 BTC 💬
etparle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I love NACHOS

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:02:07 AM

If Ethereum decides to go with a hard fork I will lose all confidence in this token, forever.

same I don't think ETH should enforce this it's not like people blame the law when someone writes a shitty contract
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:20:52 AM

These are the widely anticipated Pluton crowdsale updates everyone has been waiting for. It starts later today!

https://medium.com/@PlutusIT/the-pluton-crowdsale-ether-to-contactless-payment-support-c6906c3e9db5#.xx0e4k4pm

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:21:02 AM

A hardfork would be the end of ETH. I hope most supporters understand this.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:26:47 AM

exactly
if they do what they plan and beat the taker they act inmoral stealing back is stealing why not find the guy and sue him and see what the law says we cant take the law in our own hands what if the next does something different and we dont like it ?

i gues its a friendship thing or money this guys are very young maybe they dont realize yet what impact on the project  such a handling has

Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: