Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:59:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004314 times)
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:20:23 PM

I just dump my ETC stash... f helaroius, free bitcoins... thank you guys.

i also dump my etc, it has no dev, no roadmap, only  hype.
You're welcome too. Dump more. Who needs devs that miss such security holes in Solidity and such roadmaps as DAO failure?

thats a good point of yours, btw i also reducing my eth holding. just too much risk for me to hold alot of eth atm.

This chain will not be supported by Vitalik, period... its alive only because hacker interest and most likely Chinese miners - maybe the same people.
so they keep the chain alive, mine that shit with low difficulty and slowly offload the stolen money... ha

or maybe this is only my paranoia:) don't care but I will not support thieves.
Poloniex = sellout
that scars me a little bit, sure vitalik is smart but he is young and with this attitude" vitalik no matter what i follow you" you are not doing him or the blockchain technologie any good.
blockchain does one thing in all the coins it demands independenc and automonie from you. i mean you have to watch out you control and oyu are responsible for security. if something you invest in or your wallet is compromised you are responsible not like in the old paradigma where the bank does every thing for you you dont even know wht it does how it works.

so the attitude VITALIK our leader is wow scary ......

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 05:33:49 PM

For all those that claim etc is real chain blah blah, that is wrong.

The Ethereum is still in development and will fork many more times as updates and fixes are added.

People buy Ethereum because of the dev team, the dev team is around midway to completing the Ethereum project.

Once the devs finish you will get a complete version of Ethereum only as ETH, Vitailk said today they are only developing for the ETH chain.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 05:38:32 PM

The Ethereum is still in development and will fork many more times as updates and fixes are added.

People buy Ethereum because of the dev team, the dev team is around midway to completing the Ethereum project.

Once the devs finish you will get a complete version of Ethereum only as ETH, Vitailk said today they are only developing for the ETH chain.
this is good pumpy but what or who will stop the etc project to just copy and if neccesary to adapt what the dev team publishes . dont forget the ether is  publicdomain.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 05:42:22 PM

this is good pumpy but what or who will stop the etc project to just copy and if neccesary to adapt what the dev team publishes . dont forget the ether is  publicdomain.

The ETC community. That's who.

I doubt you'll get this lot to HF to PoS. You might even struggle to get them to HF to remove the diff bomb.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 05:54:32 PM

Except this fork wasn't and update or a fix, it was messing with the immutable blockchain, therefore the resistance. Any non-controversial updates can be applied to ETC so "developing for the ETH chain" is moot.

But then again, you're just making this up as your did with the mining profitability claims, right?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:00:04 PM

Except this fork wasn't and update or a fix, it was messing with the immutable blockchain, therefore the resistance. Any non-controversial updates can be applied to ETC so "developing for the ETH chain" is moot.

But then again, you're just making this up as your did with the mining profitability claims, right?
ok ill address this point u keep trying to make once...when i made the mining profitability claims, etc was under 0.0009 and went to 0.0007 for around 8hours...this is the time i posted what i said because it was true, go check the times and you will see. I also hear etc is again not worth mining as ETH gives more profit.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:01:33 PM

I doubt you'll get this lot to HF to PoS. You might even struggle to get them to HF to remove the diff bomb.

before those two forks they also need to fork asap to avoid replay attacks, which have been occuring,lol

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:03:04 PM

before those two forks they also need to fork asap to avoid replay attacks, which have been occuring,lol

I know, I asked in their thread. It doesn't seem like they understand what's going on.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
tinaken_v

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:09:53 PM

YOU CAN BUY ETC ON KRAKEN WITH A 20% DISCOUNT!!! BUY ON KRAKEN SELL ON POLONIEX!!!

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:14:39 PM

YOU CAN BUY ETC ON KRAKEN WITH A 20% DISCOUNT!!! BUY ON KRAKEN SELL ON POLONIEX!!!

wow i just got a flashback of mtgox when i read that,lol.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:15:57 PM

You can't withdraw

tinaken_v

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:16:41 PM

You can't withdraw

Yes, but they will enable it one day, no? so you still have those 20% discount.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:17:38 PM

I know, I asked in their thread. It doesn't seem like they understand what's going on.
bitpoop just deletes anyone trying to advise...or some idiot says your fudding,lol...
dapps dont work, etc being stolen..
seems like they dont care

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:21:22 PM

as i heard vitalik asked etc to fork becouse at the moment ( one said the ether team coding the fork didnt expect to have a split and therefor did it sort of in a rush and missed the replay attackthing) both are on risk of the replayattack till one does a hardfork. adn since etc refuses and has not as must to lose as eth i guess vitalik has to do the fork. am i right so far ? means another fork ?
and considering this i do totaly understand tht vitalik said he suports eth.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:23:50 PM

as i heard vitalik asked etc to fork becouse at the moment ( one said the ether team coding the fork didnt expect to have a split and therefor did it sort of in a rush and missed the replay attackthing) both are on risk of the replayattack till one does a hardfork. adn since etc refuses and has not as must to lose as eth i guess vitalik has to do the fork. am i right so far ? means another fork ?

No, you're wrong. Eth is fine, your house is the one on fire.

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 06:25:33 PM

Im pretty sure ETH is safe because of the fork, not the other way around.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:28:53 PM

Yup, but they won't HF, and code is law. So I guess Barry "Babyface" Silbert will be hoarding hacker money.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 06:31:59 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 06:46:17 PM by suchmoon

ok ill address this point u keep trying to make once...when i made the mining profitability claims, etc was under 0.0009 and went to 0.0007 for around 8hours...this is the time i posted what i said because it was true, go check the times and you will see. I also hear etc is again not worth mining as ETH gives more profit.

That's your problem, you hear things (or just make them up, hard to tell) and parrot around without any facts to back them up. Exchange rate isn't the only variable in mining profitability but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you? The reason I kept asking is because your claim was blatantly false at that time, not because I care either way. Spreading bullshit isn't helping ETH (or ETC for that matter) so I'm not quite certain what's your goal here? To be the intertubes village idiot? Good luck, there is no lack of candidates for that position.

Both chains are equally susceptible to replay. You move ETC, your ETH (if any) will move from the same address, and vice versa. Not sure how much more obvious it needs to be for you guys to understand it.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 06:56:35 PM

Both chains are equally susceptible to replay. You move ETC, your ETH (if any) will move from the same address, and vice versa. Not sure how much more obvious it needs to be for you guys to understand it.

That is correct,  just Google for ethereum fork replay attack and I do think you would probably start to overthink if you really move your coins now..

They didn't do the HF correctly or really safe

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:09:29 PM

That is correct,  just Google for ethereum fork replay attack and I do think you would probably start to overthink if you really move your coins now..

They didn't do the HF correctly or really safe
so what i posted is right ?
vitalik must be realy p... off.

what does another fork mean for the coin ?

Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: