Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004090 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 08:19:58 PM

What I would like to have is the the Ubuntu GUI on the X700 where I then use Terminator for multiple terminal windows within one window, where I run run ethminer and control/monitor the mining GPUs via CLI commands within the Terminator windows. This will leave the mining GPUs free for 100% mining duty.

No, I have not moved the X700 to the now default slot.  I believe that will just result in the default slot changing again. Therefore I'd like to command Ubuntu to always use slot 0 as default, where the mining GPUs will be in Slots 1,2,3,4 ...... or better yet, command Ubuntu to use the onboard VGA as default video so I can stuff in another mining GPU in the would be then open PCI-e slot since I would not be using the X700 then.

Sorry I can't help you much there since I haven't bothered with a GUI on any of my rigs but if I had to do this I would start with lspci and xorg.conf. I'm pretty sure it can be forced to use the GPU you want.

Or just go hardcore and learn to use screen Grin
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:14:31 PM

I plan to go with Ubuntu Server and do everything CLI. Since I'm new to the GPU mining scene, I'm simply using Ubuntu desktop for simplicity while I play around with the commands where I can copy off a web page and paste the command into Terminator... when I settle on a setup, I'll then print out my CLI commands then install Ubuntu server and type in the commands. All that is hanging me up is this issue with how cammand Ubuntu to use a specific card or use the onboard vga as the default video so I'm not using one of the mining GPUs as the default display.

Switching to Ubuntu server is probably tonight's project to see what other problems I'll shake loose.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 11:09:09 PM

I plan to go with Ubuntu Server and do everything CLI. Since I'm new to the GPU mining scene, I'm simply using Ubuntu desktop for simplicity while I play around with the commands where I can copy off a web page and paste the command into Terminator... when I settle on a setup, I'll then print out my CLI commands then install Ubuntu server and type in the commands. All that is hanging me up is this issue with how cammand Ubuntu to use a specific card or use the onboard vga as the default video so I'm not using one of the mining GPUs as the default display.

Switching to Ubuntu server is probably tonight's project to see what other problems I'll shake loose.

I know we're straying off topic here but getting rid of the GUI doesn't mean you need to type everything in by hand. Run it headless (no monitor) and manage it remotely via SSH, with copy-paste and multiple terminal windows and whatnot.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:35:55 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 05:46:07 PM by Mrpumperitis

last time to get in under 0.02  Tongue
Its time to begin preparing for the biggest evolution in crypto since crypto began  Shocked

Once test is complete in 2 weeks, crypto can finnally claim it can handle more txps than Visa/Mastercard  Shocked
ETH is almost ready for IOT and Microtransactions.  Cool
Also big thing for big traders...ETH tx fee will be going down around x7  WOW

http://raiden.network/

Scalable: it scales linearly with the number of participants (1,000,000+ transfers per second possible)
    Fast: Transfers are confirmed and final within the fraction of a second
    Confidential: Single transfers don’t show up in the global shared ledger
    Interoperable: Works with any token that follows Ethereum’s standardized token API
   Low Fees: Transaction fees can be 7 orders of magnitude lower than on the blockchain
    Micro-payments: Low transaction fees allow to efficiently transfer tiny values

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:53:37 PM

Its time to begin preparing for the biggest evolution in crypto since crypto began  Shocked

Once test is complete in 2 weeks, crypto can finnally claim it can handle more txps than Visa/Mastercard  Shocked

Scalable: it scales linearly with the number of participants (1,000,000+ transfers per second possible)
    Interoperable: Works with any token that follows Ethereum’s standardized token API
   Low Fees: Transaction fees can be 7 orders of magnitude lower than on the blockchain

That's really awesome. Can't wait for etc to port it over to the chain where the devs didn't break their own rules, play dress up, and steal things. I'm guessing the general public that doesn't know much about crypto will get the buzz words and that will be all they need to hear about eth, they could care who wrote what. But they do care very much about bad code resulting in thefts and hacks involving the people who made eth. For people with votes and foundation's you have no grasp on politics lol
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:02:54 AM

That's really awesome. Can't wait for etc to port it over to the chain where the devs didn't break their own rules, play dress up, and steal things. I'm guessing the general public that doesn't know much about crypto will get the buzz words and that will be all they need to hear about eth, they could care who wrote what. But they do care very much about bad code resulting in thefts and hacks involving the people who made eth. For people with votes and foundation's you have no grasp on politics lol

Its quite ironic that you "cant wait for devs to steal new tech" in the same sentence you praise devs for "not stealing things".

(You do know its fully possible for new developments to be unusable on other chains? They will require cracking or recoding)

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:18:13 AM

Open source man, all of crypto takes bits and pieces of other coins tech. Kinda an unwritten rule that it's cool, you know like don't mess with the blockchain rule. And stealing money well, that's just wrong and against the actual law. The one that puts you in pound me in the ass prison no matter what word games, colored hats, or tights you wear. Ya'll gotta twist shit around make shit up its hilarious, all we have to do is tell the truth. That's no way to live man.

Oh and your quoting me completely wrong...as expected from the eth crew. As far as cracking? That's your deal, all your silly hackers and their colored hats and whatnot. We are going to have several great developers, and mostly because they too like most of crypto don't like any of this bullshit ya'll have tried to get away with, so thanks, thank you very much. And your welcome for the free etc. Even though that wasn't enough had to steal more, but whatever...water under the bridge. Made of colored hats...
frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:20:55 AM

Open source man, all of crypto takes bits and pieces of other coins tech. Kinda an unwritten rule that it's cool, you know like don't mess with the blockchain rule. And stealing money well, that's just wrong and against the actual law. The one that puts you in pound me in the ass prison no matter what word games, colored hats, or tights you wear. Ya'll gotta twist shit around make shit up its hilarious, all we have to do is tell the truth. That's no way to live man.

Yesyes, avoid the point with your usual kidtalk.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:24:27 AM

Mk Robyn hood. Fancy colored hats. Yeah fella, I'm the one with the "kidtalk" issue hahaaa
frostminer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:38:03 AM

Mk Robyn hood. Fancy colored hats. Yeah fella, I'm the one with the "kidtalk" issue hahaaa

Are you drunk or are u always this defective?

I said:
Its quite ironic that you "cant wait for devs to steal new tech" in the same sentence you praise devs for "not stealing things".
(You do know its fully possible for new developments to be unusable on other chains? They will require cracking or recoding)

Then u post something about ass pounding in prison and hats.  Wtf!

Then i point out how silly it is, and you reply:
"Mk Robyn hood. Fancy colored hats. Yeah fella, I'm the one with the "kidtalk" issue hahaaa"

Wtf dude.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:25:22 AM

Are you drunk or are u always this defective?

I said:

Then u post something about ass pounding in prison and hats.  Wtf!

Then i point out how silly it is, and you reply:
"Mk Robyn hood. Fancy colored hats. Yeah fella, I'm the one with the "kidtalk" issue hahaaa"

Wtf dude.

I can't help you follow along brother, if you don't understand any of what I said you must be blinded by the allmighty eth foundation and their cohorts. And your the one who's fucked up here, "can't wait to steal new tech" never said it, Word games, the defense choice of eth. You have been around you know how this works man its open source crypto you take what you want, give credit to the creator and leave what you don't want. Aka: fucked up blockchain. The prison thing you can't grasp..really? You were around for hashlets and paycoin so you know who homero garza is and the trouble he got into for less than what has occurred with eth. So don't play fucking stupid shit with me man, been here way to long for the crypto spin bullshit to do anything but make yourself look dumb. Now carry on...
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 01:55:24 AM

ETH tx fee will be going down around x7  WOW

Transaction fees can be 7 orders of magnitude lower than on the blockchain

Pumpertits math again... this time not just "missed a zero", missed about six and a half zeros.

Raiden is being developed under MIT license, which is fancy speak for "free as in beer":

https://github.com/raiden-network/raiden/blob/master/LICENSE

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:06:47 AM

Its clear that the vast majority of Ethereum community want to be involved in ETH and the voting process was a clear indication of this.
In any other voting system the losing minority usually have to join the majority, however this being crypto things are not the same and the minority can try and fight and try to convince the majority that they were right after the voting has ending.

When voting for HF , the result was roughly 80% pro fork vs 20% for no fork
Now after almost a month and the dust has settled a bit, the hashrates are split roughly 80% vs 20%
The price also reflects this again with etc costing around 20% of ETH

What we have now is the minors trying to become the majority but the numbers show that they failed to convince everyone that their vision of Ethereum is better than the vision of the real Ethereum ETH devs.

etc will split into two or maybe three...POW version for miners, POS version for Ethereum emoootabilty fans and POW/POS hybrid to try and keep everyone happy, but now the cats out of the bag...so whenever etc makes a move that the others disagree with the old chain will continue ( mostly by people that like to cause disruption...like the etc guys just now ) and people will expect free money (double coins)
new devs you get new roadmaps.
exchanges could soon be forced to change etc name away from Ethereum too.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
wjarmb

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:55:00 AM

This project is not that good. Sad Sad Sad
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:15:12 AM

etc is scam ..lol
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. (bitpoop) There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

what happened to the 30+dapps that were supposed to be announced last week? did i miss them? are they any good? or was it all lies?

no answer...just delete,lol

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 03:27:15 AM

eth is scam ..lol

what happened to the 30+dapps that were supposed to be announced last week? did i miss them? are they any good? or was it all lies?

Yeah it was to pump eth and turned out to be lies. They may be taking the time to migrate to etc

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:30:00 AM

eth is scam ..lol

Yeah it was to pump eth and turned out to be lies. They may be taking the time to migrate to etc
? lol wow you change your mind fast dont ya... your starting to learn that your poor mod skills are hurting etc,  Tongue

how is announcing 30+dapps for etc going to help pump ETH?
So truth is it was lies...thank you  Roll Eyes

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:37:56 AM

Its clear that the vast majority of Ethereum community want to be involved in ETH and the voting process was a clear indication of this.
In any other voting system the losing minority usually have to join the majority, however this being crypto things are not the same and the minority can try and fight and try to convince the majority that they were right after the voting has ending.

Now after almost a month and the dust has settled a bit, the hashrates are split roughly 80% vs 20%

What we have now is the minors trying to become the majority but the numbers show that they failed to convince everyone that their vision of Ethereum is better than the vision of the real Ethereum ETH devs.

etc will split into two or maybe three...POW version for miners, POS version for Ethereum emoootabilty fans and POW/POS hybrid to try and keep everyone happy, but now the cats out of the bag...so whenever etc makes a move that the others disagree with the old chain will continue ( mostly by people that like to cause disruption...like the etc guys just now ) and people will expect free money (double coins)

Seems to me like the entire crypto community has voted in their own ways that they aren't going to tolerate eth and their lack of morals and respect for crypto in general. This is an actual vote, determined by actions, not some 20 year old kid hearing signals that his way wins everytime.or was it Robyn. Or Robyn In a black hat, fuck I don't even care anymore...fuck all of the fake ass shady dirtbags
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:39:43 AM

This project is not that good. Sad Sad Sad

Post of the year right here, I'm calling it
dumana

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:56:36 AM

Seems to me like the entire crypto community has voted in their own ways that they aren't going to tolerate eth and their lack of morals and respect for crypto in general. This is an actual vote, determined by actions, not some 20 year old kid hearing signals that his way wins everytime.or was it Robyn. Or Robyn In a black hat, fuck I don't even care anymore...fuck all of the fake ass shady dirtbags

I do not see any vote for the ETC. The price of the ETH is much higher than the ETC and the hashing rate is also higher.
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: