Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:45:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ntek 1.2th/s miner?  (Read 27942 times)
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:59:09 AM

Is it not more cost effective to purchase three S3 units ?

According to the S3 prices listed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0

(3X) QTY.  Bitmain S3 units will run you $1,873.5. Then you have to purchase power supplies and also you have shipping cost and time to wait for the units to be shipped from China.

We are currently only selling units that we have in stock in the United States. Lost days for a week of time to ship from mainland China should also be accounted for. We are a registered company based in Alexandria, Virginia. Just across the potomac river from Washington, D.C.    Come and visit us please! ;-)

Hi Ntek,

I am selling S3 for $2000 a piece.  Why don't you use my source to bolster your argument that 3 S3 will cost you $6000?  Unfortunately, nobody is buying from me because they are buying directly from Bitmain at the price of $340 a piece so 3 pieces would cost them $1020 

gallery2000

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:04:17 AM

Hi,

I noticed that the third and fifth modules are not lighting up?  Why is that?  The 1000W PSU is not enough to support 5 modules?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure and get back on here (after leaving a not-so-positive post last week) and let you all know that Ry and nTek/RevUp's 1.2TH Miner should be added to the list of reputable companies/machines. I phrase that comment carefully, because while I would gladly say the aforementioned, note I am not endorsing their company or products just yet, as this only fulfills the first half of the (nTek provided) agreement.

I would like to mention here that I do not work for, have stock in, or are in any other way affiliated with this company other than purchasing equipment from them, but I would like to say that nTek has offered a very transparent (and unique) ROI agreement with the group of investors that backed the company from the beginning (of which I am one), and that have stuck out the [grueling] six month period of setbacks and delays. I will not go too much further into detail because the agreement terms would limit that, but I will say that this company has offered something that NONE of the other companies in this industry have even considered - an agreement that makes total sense and compensates 100% of lost mining time with what would have been mined by the equipment purchased.

Now back to my original statement of non-endorsement - this compensation is yet to be realized, but I have no reason to believe that nTek will do anything other than [continue to] fulfill it's commitments. I mean after all, Ry has put himself and his parent company (RevUp Render), way too out in the open (home addresses, cell phone #'s, social accounts, etc.) to make a group of people within this community unhappy. That said, I would expect that after all commitments from nTek (in regards to ROI for LMT) have been fulfilled, I would then endorse their company and tell other Bitcoin (& alt coin) enthusiasts that may be interested in investing in their equipment, to do so. Until then, I would invest with them with the understanding that they are still working through satisfying their first batch of purchasers and it may be some time before receiving any equipment from them.

I have waited (very patiently) for over six months and [finally] received my miner on Tuesday, 07/22/14. After some struggle adding it to my pool (surely user error), I have been up and mining now for about 18 hours and am averaging about 1.3TH/s

Those who have received their miner from nTek are likely feeling about the same as I have explained here and I would tell those (from the first batch of purchasers), who have yet to receive their miner that it is likely on its way. I am glad to see there are a few others out there that did their homework before purchasing and felt confident buying from this company and making the decision to stick it out - I believe the ROI for LMT will prove this was a great investment and I for one, look forward to working with nTek in the near future to increase my mining capabilities.

Here is a current pic (taken today 07/24/14) of my nTek miner:

Thanks and Happy Mining!

-BS

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:45:08 AM

You were not going to buy miners from us so why take this tread so far off topic?
This thread was started by someone who actually placed an order with us. It is simply to provide information about the orders being delivered and the compensation for those that did not get a refund.
Well of course I'm not going to buy from you. Your pricing is ridiculous at present and you refuse to acknowledge the realities of the current market.

I would love to have purchased one of your units if it was priced more reasonably.

Good luck to you.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:05:01 AM

Hi,

I noticed that the third and fifth modules are not lighting up?  Why is that?  The 1000W PSU is not enough to support 5 modules?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure and get back on here (after leaving a not-so-positive post last week) and let you all know that Ry and nTek/RevUp's 1.2TH Miner should be added to the list of reputable companies/machines. I phrase that comment carefully, because while I would gladly say the aforementioned, note I am not endorsing their company or products just yet, as this only fulfills the first half of the (nTek provided) agreement.

I would like to mention here that I do not work for, have stock in, or are in any other way affiliated with this company other than purchasing equipment from them, but I would like to say that nTek has offered a very transparent (and unique) ROI agreement with the group of investors that backed the company from the beginning (of which I am one), and that have stuck out the [grueling] six month period of setbacks and delays. I will not go too much further into detail because the agreement terms would limit that, but I will say that this company has offered something that NONE of the other companies in this industry have even considered - an agreement that makes total sense and compensates 100% of lost mining time with what would have been mined by the equipment purchased.

Now back to my original statement of non-endorsement - this compensation is yet to be realized, but I have no reason to believe that nTek will do anything other than [continue to] fulfill it's commitments. I mean after all, Ry has put himself and his parent company (RevUp Render), way too out in the open (home addresses, cell phone #'s, social accounts, etc.) to make a group of people within this community unhappy. That said, I would expect that after all commitments from nTek (in regards to ROI for LMT) have been fulfilled, I would then endorse their company and tell other Bitcoin (& alt coin) enthusiasts that may be interested in investing in their equipment, to do so. Until then, I would invest with them with the understanding that they are still working through satisfying their first batch of purchasers and it may be some time before receiving any equipment from them.

I have waited (very patiently) for over six months and [finally] received my miner on Tuesday, 07/22/14. After some struggle adding it to my pool (surely user error), I have been up and mining now for about 18 hours and am averaging about 1.3TH/s

Those who have received their miner from nTek are likely feeling about the same as I have explained here and I would tell those (from the first batch of purchasers), who have yet to receive their miner that it is likely on its way. I am glad to see there are a few others out there that did their homework before purchasing and felt confident buying from this company and making the decision to stick it out - I believe the ROI for LMT will prove this was a great investment and I for one, look forward to working with nTek in the near future to increase my mining capabilities.

Thanks and Happy Mining!

-BS

Heat sinks on the other side... so light is facing away from the camera? Why would those boards be inverted?

Is this the actual design? I thought it was more like this:

*Product design may change slightly due to improvements.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ntekcomputers

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 08:39:07 AM

Is it not more cost effective to purchase three S3 units ?

According to the S3 prices listed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0

(3X) QTY.  Bitmain S3 units will run you $1,873.5. Then you have to purchase power supplies and also you have shipping cost and time to wait for the units to be shipped from China.

We are currently only selling units that we have in stock in the United States. Lost days for a week of time to ship from mainland China should also be accounted for. We are a registered company based in Alexandria, Virginia. Just across the potomac river from Washington, D.C.    Come and visit us please! ;-)

Hi Ntek,

I am selling S3 for $2000 a piece.  Why don't you use my source to bolster your argument that 3 S3 will cost you $6000?  Unfortunately, nobody is buying from me because they are buying directly from Bitmain at the price of $340 a piece so 3 pieces would cost them $1020 

gallery2000, you might be a credit card scam artist, but you are definitely now a shill as well. Please stop wasting peoples' time with your ridiculous posts. Some months ago you purchased a miner from us, filed a chargeback and then asked for an update on the delivery after it you had been refunded in full. Maybe this was a mistake on your part but since everyone else on this forum uses the mentality "guilty until proven innocent" I guess we can as well? We were called scammers even before we had a chance to deliver on time. Customers bailed left and right from based on what people on this forum said; who had no idea what was going on. Please stop spreading misinformation gallery2000.
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:32:28 AM

Hi,

I noticed that the third and fifth modules are not lighting up?  Why is that?  The 1000W PSU is not enough to support 5 modules?

Hey everyone,

Thanks and Happy Mining!

-BS

Heat sinks on the other side... so light is facing away from the camera? Why would those boards be inverted?

Is this the actual design? I thought it was more like this:

*Product design may change slightly due to improvements.

Hi Darin,

Please excuse the confusion happening here. We did however completely answer your question in the post made on page 18 of this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428831.msg8094832#msg8094832

The first miner is built to our specs with the chips purchased from Bitmine.ch in January. (more details already explained in above link) It is not the standard A1 clones, ;-)  It is our own A1 clone, except it is not a clone because these units were made with A1 chips purchased from Bitmine.ch   WHY IS ALL THAT Innosilicon and Bitmine stuff SOOOO UTTERLY confusing?

The miner in the second image is not what was sold as explained in the earlier post I referenced above for you. nTek sold the miners based on their specifications from January through March. The design in the second image with the nTek Computers logo was not shown until after those sales were completed. Hope that helps clear up any remaining confusion but feel free to ask more questions.

The design in the second image is may be turned into an open source hardware system called the nTek Modbox. Patent Pending parts will be labeled as such but we want to encourage the community to take the design to new levels on their own and see how the innovation grows. Adjustable brackets and fittings will be included to fit most boards on the market. As developers fit other boards to the system we can provide additionally sized brackets for new board fittings. The first Modboxes will ship with several extra adjustable brackets. nTek wants to provide a platform for developers and hope it will impact the mining hardware industry in a positive way. This is more fun for us and everyone else and also keeps the creative juices flowing. Most of our team at nTek are designers and artists so that is what we enjoy doing...designing amazing products.

We would like to host a competition to prove that our system can give other boards the ability to be over clocked further. Of course some closed source systems will not allow this kind of DIY spirit. With the nTek Modbox you will actually for first time be able to take the mining boards out of any miner that allows it remove everything except the PCB unit. Then attach it to the main heatsink and adapt liquid cooling across the entire top of the board. The liquid cooling like PC gaming mod boxes out there is a separate product. That product will be able to be used to also retrofit liquid cooling to some other miners without removing the Hash PCB's if there is room between the sandwiched together boards.

the nTek Modbox can also be used with GPU's to massively overclock them since it has liquid cooling. The photo you posted from our website is outdated simply because we are looking to keep this in beta mode for now until we can gauge the interest of the open source community. Liquid cooling has been developed for the nTek Modbox and many other design changes since we last showed photos of some of the prototypes in April. The design has changed a lot but we are too busy now to show photos or 3D computer designs of it all. Once the product is ready to ship then it will be posted to our web store that day and we are also talking to some resellers to setup channels through them.

Nice to finally be able to come out of stealth mode over here at nTek in Virginia and even talk about this. This is our plan now and it is our way of removing ourselves from the price wars going on right now between the giants of this industry. nTek Computers cannot compete with them to sell complete miners.

Some Virginia Tech students are pretty excited about the Modbox and are coming by to see some of it in action in our office next week. We are going to ask them if they can post some photos or something online so I will give a link here if they do.

Depending on the price of A1 chips and the market we can potentially sell 10-chip boards along with the kit. Our 10-chip board does hash but it simply got too uncompetitive on the market the nTek designed board using A1's since we paid the piper too much money for them back in January. Bitmine.ch is keeping their prices around $26/chip right now which is way too much considering the other prices on the market that are getting close to if not already below $1/GH/s

A1 chips are being sold for less than $15 per chip on the black market in China. This is the reason for "A1 Clones" for dirt cheap.

nTek Computers, Inc.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:24:27 PM

The design in the second image is may be turned into an open source hardware system called the nTek Modbox. Patent Pending parts will be labeled as such but we want to encourage the community to take the design to new levels on their own and see how the innovation grows. nTek wants to provide a platform for developers and hope it will impact the mining hardware industry in a positive way. This is more fun for us and everyone else and also keeps the creative juices flowing. Most of our team at nTek are designers and artists so that is what we enjoy doing...designing amazing products.

So you are trying to patent a bracket with holes in it? And then you want the "community to innovate" yet you slander AM for "copying" your design?

Just quit the bullshit and make/sell miners for a reasonable price. Nobody gives a rats ass about "your" patent pending idea which was entirely copied.

the nTek Modbox can also be used with GPU's to massively overclock them since it has liquid cooling. The photo you posted from our website is outdated simply because we are looking to keep this in beta mode for now until we can gauge the interest of the open source community. Liquid cooling has been developed for the nTek Modbox and many other design changes since we last showed photos of some of the prototypes in April. The design has changed a lot but we are too busy now to show photos or 3D computer designs of it all. Once the product is ready to ship then it will be posted to our web store that day and we are also talking to some resellers to setup channels through them.

OK let me get this straight, you "designed" an air cooling system to solve a problem which didn't exist, then made it convertible to liquid cooling to solve the same problem which doesn't exist?

Have you actually liquid cooled anything before? Why would anyone want to take apart their liquid cooling system and assemble it in your fancy/expensive cubular design? Makes absolutely no sense.

It's like you're trying reinvent the wheel as a square.

Nice to finally be able to come out of stealth mode over here at nTek in Virginia and even talk about this. This is our plan now and it is our way of removing ourselves from the price wars going on right now between the giants of this industry. nTek Computers cannot compete with them to sell complete miners.

So what is the point of your business? You can't compete with large manufacturers and you have no target market (other than clueless noobs).

Some Virginia Tech students are pretty excited about the Modbox and are coming by to see some of it in action in our office next week. We are going to ask them if they can post some photos or something online so I will give a link here if they do.

So this company is run by virginia tech students? Being run by kids with no experience would explain the incompetence although there are many kids with much more knowledge of the bitcoin mining scene than your company.

Depending on the price of A1 chips and the market we can potentially sell 10-chip boards along with the kit. Our 10-chip board does hash but it simply got too uncompetitive on the market the nTek designed board using A1's since we paid the piper too much money for them back in January. Bitmine.ch is keeping their prices around $26/chip right now which is way too much considering the other prices on the market that are getting close to if not already below $1/GH/s

A1 chips are being sold for less than $15 per chip on the black market in China. This is the reason for "A1 Clones" for dirt cheap.

Classic example of how out of touch with the market your company is.

Bitmine is a reseller. They did not design the a1 chip nor do they own it. Innosilicon owns/designed the chip and they sell it to various manufacturers.

This is why a1 clones were being flogged from china months before bitmine could even get a single machine working.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:05:20 PM

gallery2000, you might be a credit card scam artist, but you are definitely now a shill as well.
Factually, you are the only shill in this thread.

Sorry, but having knowledge of other vendors does not make one a shill, no matter how much you want that to be true. I'm sorry to need to explain this to you.

Some of us buy hardware from many vendors. I already own quite a few A1 units, and know for a fact that your current pricing is out of line based on what I paid for A1s months ago.

I am sorry that we cannot do business together. You appear to have a good product that is priced beyond what the market will reasonably pay for.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:16:06 PM

gallery2000, you might be a credit card scam artist, but you are definitely now a shill as well.
Factually, you are the only shill in this thread.

Wrong. Everyone in this thread is a shill!

Bicknellski

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:21:56 PM

I am sorry that we cannot do business together. You appear to have a good product that is priced beyond what the market will reasonably pay for.

Thought you stated that already.

I think we get it the first time and the second time. Shall there be a third and a fourth?

---

Ry... sorry was not scrolling back to read through everything been kind of lost since the training program I ran 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the update. Yes the fact that Bitmine.ch was less than forthright about things did make this build a nightmare for you and your team. Given what hiccups they caused then the fact they didn't really explain the deal they had with Innosilicon upfront sure made your initial premise for building these units change as soon as A1 chips flooded the market. Bitmine caused you considerable time and effort or your products would have been on mining a lot sooner than they were.

I hope things go better in the last part of 2014 and into 2015.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:35:31 PM

Hi Darin ! Obviously I have touched a nerve. How is the Wasp project coming along ? Any closer to shipping something we can buy ?

*hugs*

I think we get it the first time and the second time. Shall there be a third and a fourth?

---

Ry... sorry was not scrolling back to read through everything been kind of lost since the training program I ran 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the update. Yes the fact that Bitmine.ch was less than forthright about things did make this build a nightmare for you and your team. Given what hiccups they caused then the fact they didn't really explain the deal they had with Innosilicon upfront sure made your initial premise for building these units change as soon as A1 chips flooded the market. Bitmine caused you considerable time and effort or your products would have been on mining a lot sooner than they were.

Bicknellski

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:52:02 PM

Hi Darin ! Obviously I have touched a nerve. How is the Wasp project coming along ? Any closer to shipping something we can buy ?

*hugs*

---

What you think you are doing and what you are actually doing have nothing to do with me or hitting nerves or anyone's soft spot or tender regions. I generally could careless what you imagine affects me and my posts. You might want to reflect on the number of times you post the same thing and then determine on whether it is edifying for others. In this case you are plainly grinding gears and making the same point 2x or 3x or 4x doesn't offer anyone solace. We all can easily check that anything over $1 GH/s is too high for ROI now and that is slipping to the high end given the fact that BTC has dropped $100 this month. Pissing on Ntek for sport?

I have purchased things too. I have talked with builders of these miners too. I have met with a number of people that build miners and you know what most of them are not complete assholes and in fact you bought some units off me so you know I am not asshole. Ry and Ntek are not the same douchebags that come on these forums and try and sell crap to an unwary public. They have tried to put out a product that they designed themselves and remarkably they have given a lot even though they were screwed by the chip providers in this case as well as some nefarious engineers that led them astray.

You might want actually talk to Ry in person and get his take on this unit and his company price aside he is good people and so is his company. All I see here is someone that doesn't know Ry being a bit less than polite to a team that has really fought to get something to market and who has tried to make his customers whole. Given the douchebags in this marketplace you might want to spend your observational time on those that continually scam or lie to their customers. Ntek in my view is fighting the good fight and those are the types of companies we want here in Bitcoinland ESPECIALLY when they are US based. Given what I have seen from the US this company is a bright spot for the US given the utter BS we have seen from the US fabs since 2011.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:03:05 PM

Oh come on Darin.  I've seen you white-knight better than that before.  Try harder.
testh

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:44:51 AM

who have ntek miner 1.2Th/s or 2.4Th/s ?  I want buy, thanks
ntekcomputers

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 07:48:20 PM

Anybody know where I can get a new img card for the rasperry pi inside this guy?  Mine seems to have gone bad. 

Please PM me or email nTek support so we can provide you with a download for the SD card image.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  

Jump to: