Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:59:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW POOL & MINER] - BitcoinPool.com - Jump In! ~NO FEES~ :)  (Read 101909 times)
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 08:52:57 AM

I joined this pool this morning at around 9am PST.  My machine is a crossfire setup with 4800's doing 150 Mh/s

Since joining I have "earned" an estimated 1 btc and two rounds have already been completed, however my bitcoin client shows no payments received.

I admit I am new to this, however, I am using the custom miner with the correct flags and the stats page on www.bitcoinpool.com shows that my miners are submitting shares correctly.

Why no payment? Sad

Sincerely,
Hopeful but dissapointed n00b miner

p.s. My username here is the same as my username on the pool stats page.

p.p.s My address is 19vg91RrXPMdWydgxv4R6TRfMjruVgoG6o (donations of 0.01 or less would be greatly appreciated Cheesy)  I got 5 btcents from the faucet! Yay!

Also is it true that the bitcoin client does not report balances of less than 0.01?  If so, how do I check my balances?

Great... I feel like an idiot now because I think I just figured it out... When at least 120 other clients confirm the result then the unconfirmed earnings get sent to me. Correct?

Please make this clearer on your site for n00bs like me.  Also thanks for hosting a such an awesome and efficient pool.  As an engineer I approve all deferments of inevitable entropy universe death!  Keep up the WINNING.

Hi, and welcome Smiley

I'm still pretty new myself, but most of these pools will only do a payout to your account every so often, and some of them you need to set a "minimum payment" threshold or they have a preset. I mine deepbit myself and it seems they pay out once per day I believe. Other pools are different, and keep in mind, most of them are still in development. Seems that all the pool owners around here are very trustworthy guys so don't worry about getting screwed over or anything. I've had payments show up in my BTC client that show as "unconfirmed" but after a couple of blocks they've been confirmed and the "pending" balance does indeed get added to the account. So, just be patient, you will reap your rewards. As far as I understand it, subcent amounts won't work outside of the pool you're mining in, so you can't collect less than .01 BTC. You wouldn't want to anyway. I keep mine set at .10 on deepbit, but since it doesn't pay out that often I get more like 1BTC every payout (well since difficulty went up). So don't worry, trust in your pool, and happy mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geebus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2011, 09:54:59 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2011, 11:02:05 AM by geebus

I joined this pool this morning at around 9am PST.  My machine is a crossfire setup with 4800's doing 150 Mh/s

Since joining I have "earned" an estimated 1 btc and two rounds have already been completed, however my bitcoin client shows no payments received.

I admit I am new to this, however, I am using the custom miner with the correct flags and the stats page on www.bitcoinpool.com shows that my miners are submitting shares correctly.

Why no payment? Sad

Sincerely,

The current server threshold is set to 0.01 bitcoins, meaning, we wont send you a payment if it is less than 0.01 BTC. We will hold the payment as an unpaid balance, and as blocks are solved and confirmed (it takes 120 blocks past the solved block for it to confirm) we will add the amount you are owed to your unpaid balance until it meets or exceeds 0.01 BTC and then we will pay you. This is due to a limitation in the bitcoin client itself.

You can check your current unpaid balance, historical earnings, and unconfirmed earnings (earnings from blocks that have yet to be confirmed) by viewing your user profile page (http://www.bitcoinpool.com/user.php?u=USERNAME).

Our payments processor checks for blocks requiring payment once every 60 seconds, so it tends to make the payments fairly quickly upon confirmation of a block. If a block becomes confirmed and you don't receive a payment within a few minutes, check your user profile to see if an unpaid balance is reflected.

...and thanks for all the support! We appreciate it!  Smiley

Edit: I updated the FAQ as well. Smiley

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
foo

Activity: 409

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 12:39:56 PM

The pool seems to be down. My miner can't connect, and the web page says "Estimated Pool Speed (10/min avg): 0 Ghash/s".

I know this because Tyler knows this.
demonofelru

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 12:50:31 PM

The pool seems to be down. My miner can't connect, and the web page says "Estimated Pool Speed (10/min avg): 0 Ghash/s".

Yes I know it's early but this is happening quite a bit second time in 3 days that I see. I might have to move back to slush's pool until this one matures a bit.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
FairUser (OP)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 02:20:23 PM

Pool is back online.  We had an unusual number of SYN packets being received (3000+) to the server, and we only have about 45 active users.  It's possible we're experiencing a SYN flood, so I've enabled more detailed logging to help identify where the problem is.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Wikene

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 02:37:41 PM

Hi..

Can anyone please explain how i can get poclbm-mod to run om OSX?
I have a iMac i7

I'm currently running Diablo Miner and getting 60000Khash/sec but my Efficency is under 1%
Is there anyway to set up Diablo more efficiently?

--
Torstein
demonofelru

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 02:52:11 PM

Pool is back online.  We had an unusual number of SYN packets being received (3000+) to the server, and we only have about 45 active users.  It's possible we're experiencing a SYN flood, so I've enabled more detailed logging to help identify where the problem is.

Like a DDoS?  Who would want to do that?  I hope not last thing we need is a malicious person targeting bitcoin.

Raptorblaze

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 03:12:05 PM

Why no payment? Sad

Sincerely,

p.s. My username here is the same as my username on the pool stats page.

p.p.s My address is 19vg91RrXPMdWydgxv4R6TRfMjruVgoG6o (donations of 0.01 or less would be greatly appreciated Cheesy)  I got 5 btcents from the faucet! Yay!

Also is it true that the bitcoin client does not report balances of less than 0.01?  If so, how do I check my balances?

Great... I feel like an idiot now because I think I just figured it out... When at least 120 other clients confirm the result then the unconfirmed earnings get sent to me. Correct?

Please make this clearer on your site for n00bs like me.  Also thanks for hosting a such an awesome and efficient pool.  As an engineer I approve all deferments of inevitable entropy universe death!  Keep up the WINNING.

It takes 120 blocks following the block that the pool solved in order to "confirm" it, payment is then distributed when the server next checks. One block is generated on average every 600 seconds, or 10 minutes. 1200 minutes is 20 hours. So it takes about 20 hours after the solution of a block in order for payment to be distributed. The status of each solved block can be viewed at the bottom of the stats page, currently we have 2 solved but unconfirmed blocks in the list.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2011, 03:26:11 PM

Like a DDoS?  Who would want to do that?  I hope not last thing we need is a malicious person targeting bitcoin.

Almost every pool had DoS issue, at least my own and jgarzik's.

demonofelru

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 03:32:09 PM

Almost every pool had DoS issue, at least my own and jgarzik's.

Is it someone purposely performing an attack or is it just an inherent problem to pools?

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2011, 03:37:17 PM

Is it someone purposely performing an attack or is it just an inherent problem to pools?

In my case, attack last two hours and used 40Mbit/s of bandwidth full of SYN packets. I don't think that there is different explanation than it was purposed Wink. Yes, somebody is trying to shut down pools.

demonofelru

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 03:52:52 PM

In my case, attack last two hours and used 40Mbit/s of bandwidth full of SYN packets. I don't think that there is different explanation than it was purposed Wink. Yes, somebody is trying to shut down pools.

Well then thank you very much fairuser and geebus for putting up with that crap to give us a pooled mining option.

bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 07:54:40 PM

Any chance to set a limit on coins to send
.1 is way low
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2011, 10:01:04 PM

Any chance to set a limit on coins to send
.1 is way low

It will be implemented in the coming days.

FairUser (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 12:04:56 AM

ABOUT THE ATTACK ON THE SERVER...

It was a simple SYN flood and used about 1.4MB/s of traffic.  I'm not sure if it was a DDoS or just a simple DoS.  The logging I had was not sufficient to detect where this was coming from, but if it happens again, it'll be logged and *it will dealt with accordingly*.  I'm on a 100Mbps/50Mbps connection, burstable to 200Mbps, and they didn't even come close to maxing us out, but the sheer number of small SYN packet's was enough to mess with shit.  All I know is I was about to go to sleep, noticed shit was @ 0 Ghash/s, fixed it, posted here really quick, then went to sleep.  I just glad I woke up and it's still running.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
FairUser (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 12:32:00 AM

***** ATTENTION CPU USERS  *****

I know someone at some point told you a lower askrate is better...they were wrong.  We are asking you to please increase your askrate from 1 to at least 10 seconds, we'd prefer 60 seconds, or we will ban your accounts in 24 hours.

The two accounts I'm watching closely are:

cd311 - Requesting 3 getworks/sec FROM 3 different IP's total.
Getwork Efficiency -
# Requested:    54081
# Submitted:    111

RobertRibbeck - Requesting 3-5 getworks/sec FROM 4 different IP's total.
Getwork Efficiency -
# Requested:    17893
# Submitted:    35

I understand what is going on here, as I too at one point got as many CPU's as I possibly could (18 total) running on a pool.  Boy that sure was a waste, cause 1 GPU was waaaaay faster and far more efficient.  Another thing you must consider as a CPU user using a low askrate, you are not even getting 0.10% through the entire getwork before get another and try again.  I've been logging my getwork's, and out of the 18,500 getworks I have logged on my GPU, only 22 of those have an shares found in the first 1% of the getwork.  What this tells me is that you CPU miner's would find more shares if you tried to raise you ask rate from 1 to 20 or more seconds. 

Failure to do this on your part will result in your accounts being banned (you will still be paid though).  If you come back and have not fixed this problem, your IP's will be banned next.  Please fix this ASAP.  You have 24 hours to comply.

Thank you for your understanding and help with this matter,

Fairuser

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 01:27:47 AM

What this tells me is that you CPU miner's would find more shares if you tried to raise you ask rate from 1 to 20 or more seconds.  

This is simply not true.

Your chances of finding a suitable H==0 hash are the same, regardless of whether your ask rate is 1 work unit per nonce (a few nanoseconds), or 1 work unit per 0xffffffff nonces (minutes, on a CPU).

Furthermore, the chances of working on stale work increase as you slow down the ask rate.  A 60-second period means a lot of CPU miners could waste 59 seconds worth of electricity and CPU cycles, only to discover their solution is stale and invalid.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
geebus

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2011, 01:56:25 AM

What this tells me is that you CPU miner's would find more shares if you tried to raise you ask rate from 1 to 20 or more seconds.  

This is simply not true.

Your chances of finding a suitable H==0 hash are the same, regardless of whether your ask rate is 1 work unit per nonce (a few nanoseconds), or 1 work unit per 0xffffffff nonces (minutes, on a CPU).

Furthermore, the chances of working on stale work increase as you slow down the ask rate.  A 60-second period means a lot of CPU miners could waste 59 seconds worth of electricity and CPU cycles, only to discover their solution is stale and invalid.

"Theoretically", yes. You have the same chance of finding a hash.
However, we have scanned over tens of thousands of shares worth of logs and found the real-world proof that this simply isn't the case.

Likewise, a 20 second ask rate is BARELY increasing your chances of working on stale getworks. Less than a 10th of a percent.

There is no reason that a SINGLE USER should be generating the same amount of traffic as the rest of the pool, and no offence to you, because you've done many great things for the bitcoin community and I respect both your knowledge and opinions, but in this instance, I'm going to have to politely request that you let us run our pool the way we choose to run it.

datathe1st

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 02:05:13 AM

This is simply not true.

"Theoretically", yes. You have the same chance of finding a hash.
However, we have scanned over tens of thousands of shares worth of logs and found the real-world proof that this simply isn't the case.

Likewise, a 20 second ask rate is BARELY increasing your chances of working on stale getworks. Less than a 10th of a percent.

There is no reason that a SINGLE USER should be generating the same amount of traffic as the rest of the pool, and no offence to you, because you've done many great things for the bitcoin community and I respect both your knowledge and opinions, but in this instance, I'm going to have to politely request that you let us run our pool the way we choose to run it.

Is there a nice easy to understand video that explains what a share is and what a block is and how the get work function and ask rate tie into that?

Why are the chances of getting a stale block higher with a get work every 60 seconds?  How does a block become stale?  What are we calculating the hashes of? 

I read the wiki and bitcoin site faq and it still doesn't answer a lot of questions.  I'd like to understand the generation of bit coins in much more depth.  Thank you.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 02:24:51 AM

Im currently using this pool, and it's great! but is there a way for me to change my account details? such as payment address, or password?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: