Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Crypto Rush - Crypto to Crypto exchange  (Read 141783 times)
JCJr222

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:16:26 PM

I asked several times in the past if you guys were going to work on repaying the partial loss people had when trying to dump their coins out of the exchange, when it became apparent that the exchange was compromised. People began cross-trading their valuable coins to any means available in order to pull out what value they could--this was also the suggestion of the then owners.

I lost about 13k POT having to dump it through other coins. I know others lost other coins that way.

Or was the only plan to reimburse whole losses? Not that mathematically it's even possible, but it's nice to discuss.

We will not be reimbursing anything to any user who decided to buy or sell coins, regardless of the rate on the site. That was a decision made by each user as they saw fit. Imagine asking the NYSE or NASDAQ for your money back because you purchased a stock at a high rate, which then crashed. There is simply no way any exchange could ever do this. As I stated in my previous post this morning, there are certain things we cannot talk about at the moment. Once we are able to release some details, it may help alleviate some of the loss though. No promises, but we are still not sure how certain things will turn out.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CSL

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:49:11 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 11:03:52 AM by CSL

1) Every solvent coin that has a wallet that syncs has been repaid.

2) ...Same as #1 but with more words...
Seriously?  There are seven coins (apart from BTC and LTC) listed on the OP.  You're seriously saying that all other coins do not sync because they have no nodes?  So DRK is dead in your world then?  Really?  What about UTC?  Dead too?  There are quite a few that are NOT dead and WILL synch on the first attempt.  If they are not synching for you then maybe check that the server is plugged in and that the hamster hasn't chewed through the network cable.

5) By exciting things happening I was referring to world changing events.
World changing events can happen after you have covered the basics.

6) Unfortunately for you, being a demanding (entitled) person on the internet is perceived as trolling.
Well, I must apologise for feeling entitled to the (supposedly) solvent coins you are holding for me until the end of time.  You're right - nobody who transfers coins to you should ever feel that they are entitled to get them back.  I'll keep that in mind when CR2 is fully operational, and will be sure to let others know.

7) Which message are you referring to by, "Even this message says "we haven't done anything but might do something soon."?"
I was referring to the article I quoted.  When I said "this message", I meant the one quote directly above my text.  Sorry for the confusion.  Basically I quoted a message that said that you might be doing something soon, and for the time being there's nothing new here.

8 ) Speculate all you want, but don't spew it publicly in our forum as if it were truth. Again, if we COULD say more, we WOULD.
I don't need you to say more about your plans to take over the world of crypto exchanges, and I have no interest in speculating what they might or might not be.  You can keep all those plans top secret and I will continue to not ask about them.  They are of no interest to me.

Understand this: I lost absolutely nothing in the hacks last year.
Of course you didn't lose anything.  Knowing that the site was about to close, you bought up lots of coins at panic prices and withdrew them.  Once your coins were safely out, you closed the site.  Inside information is the key to not losing anything when an exchange is about to be closed down.

You seem to think you are entitled for some reason, and you are not
I disagree.  See #6.

You have absolutely no idea what is going on
Which tends to happen when no updates are posted for months on end, when no changes are visible on the website and when the website just suddenly goes down for days or weeks at a time.  Maybe better communications and/or progress that's plain to see would go some way towards making sure that your customers do have an idea what's going on.

Oh, and that "customer" word I used;  It doesn't mean "people who should feel honoured to have a formidable programmer and security expert such as yourself making sure the colour scheme is correct."  That's not the dictionary definition anyway, as far as I know.

I would like to see a list of the next 10 coins you plan to work on posted here.  Once you get through those, post an update here saying which of them were skipped and which are online, along with the next 10 coins to be worked on.  Rince, repeat.  Top secret masterplans for world domination can come after you've covered the basics.
JCJr222

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:39:03 PM

...space filling bickering...

Oh boy, where to begin...

What part of, "Every solvent coin that will sync has been repaid" do you not understand? Just because the 2 coins you mentioned have not been repaid does not mean that they will not sync or are dead to anyone. How about the more plausible assumption that it wasn't solvent? I'm not going to hold your hand and step you through everything I am telling you 3 times. I really want to ask who ties your shoelaces for you in the morning, but I suppose that would be rude so I will refrain.

I have no interest in taking over any crypto world. Again, this is your speculation. Everything I have been talking about comes down to users getting their coins back, though it may be in a very unexpected way. Again, I can't elaborate at the moment.

Nobody who is currently working with CryptoRush was in any way involved with CR 1.0, other than being a user/trader as yourself. The warnings you heard about the site were the exact same and the warnings we heard. I withdrew nothing, simply bought up CRS. When everyone else was running for the hills, I decided to invest in the company (not even knowing at the time that I would become apart of the comeback). Again, your speculation leads you to some strange places.

Your claim of, "no updates are posted for months on end" couldn't be further from the truth. If all you did was come to this forum and look at the last thing posted,  I could see where you might have thought there were no updates, but everyone else I speak with seems to be up on what has been going on. The fact that you lacked due diligence to perform a little research in no way equates to the CR team not posting updates. Updates have been posted on Twitter, in our IRC channel, in the OP and the blog page that was created for the sole purpose of updates. You should probably take a look at it and count how many times the word "update" appears on the page: http://blog.cryptorush.in/ Careful though, it may shock you how much information we have given the rest of the community and secretly withheld from you.

The site, until now, has never been down for days or weeks at a time. In fact, the way you talk leads me to believe you have not even looked at the site in days or weeks, otherwise you would be a little more informed of our current situation. Let me make this a little easier for you...

UPDATE:

The site is currently offline. We are aware and will not be bringing it back online until it is deemed okay to do so. Not by you, but rather CryptoRush staff, CEO and other entities we are currently working with.

Regardless of how highly you think of yourself, there will be no other information given at this time. Why? Because it is what is best. Once details are released, you will understand. Until then just sit quietly and wait like the rest of the users who are just as anxious for answers as you are, but have enough self control to act civil opposed to proving their lack of comprehension in public forums.

Have a great day Smiley
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:07:29 PM

proving their lack of comprehension in public forums.

To be fair, this really shouldn't be a phrase anyone associated with the exchange should be using. Considering the history.

CSL

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:53:41 PM

What part of, "Every solvent coin that will sync has been repaid" do you not understand? Just because the 2 coins you mentioned have not been repaid does not mean that they will not sync or are dead to anyone. How about the more plausible assumption that it wasn't solvent?
So now you are adding DRK to the insolvent list?  That coin was listed as solvent before the website went down, and the 1.0 coin balance was visible.

Seriously?  You're going to just declare all coins as insolvent now?  What a crock.

Your claim of, "no updates are posted for months on end" couldn't be further from the truth.
Except that the truth can be easily verified by scrolling this thread back.  You may have hidden updates all over the Internet as if they were Easter Eggs for people to hunt down, but the fact remains that you haven't been bothered to tell anyone.

The site, until now, has never been down for days or weeks at a time. In fact, the way you talk leads me to believe you have not even looked at the site in days or weeks, otherwise you would be a little more informed of our current situation. Let me make this a little easier for you...
The site is down RIGHT NOW.  And has been down for days.  It does this quite often, with no updates in the thread.  The first anyone notices is when they go to check to see if a coin has been released, or come over here to check this thread for updates and find others (not CR staff) reporting that it's down.  This is the first time you have posted ANYTHING here in months, let alone updates.

So, to sum up, are you saying DRK, UTC and all of the other coins with value are now suddenly insolvent?  When did this happen?  We know it didn't happen during the last "hack" because no mention of it was given anywhere - not even in your speech in front of a huge three-letter subliminal message (CON).

Is there a new list of insolvent coins you might want to share to update the previous list we were given?

Do you plan on listing the next 10 coins you plan on tackling, as requested?

Are you going to do some work or just continue to throw your toys around when chased up by your customers?
JCJr222

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:17:22 PM

What part of, "Every solvent coin that will sync has been repaid" do you not understand? Just because the 2 coins you mentioned have not been repaid does not mean that they will not sync or are dead to anyone. How about the more plausible assumption that it wasn't solvent?
So now you are adding DRK to the insolvent list?  That coin was listed as solvent before the website went down, and the 1.0 coin balance was visible.

Seriously?  You're going to just declare all coins as insolvent now?  What a crock.

Your claim of, "no updates are posted for months on end" couldn't be further from the truth.
Except that the truth can be easily verified by scrolling this thread back.  You may have hidden updates all over the Internet as if they were Easter Eggs for people to hunt down, but the fact remains that you haven't been bothered to tell anyone.

The site is down RIGHT NOW.  And has been down for days.  It does this quite often, with no updates in the thread.  The first anyone notices is when they go to check to see if a coin has been released, or come over here to check this thread for updates and find others (not CR staff) reporting that it's down.  This is the first time you have posted ANYTHING here in months, let alone updates.

So, to sum up, are you saying DRK, UTC and all of the other coins with value are now suddenly insolvent?  When did this happen?  We know it didn't happen during the last "hack" because no mention of it was given anywhere - not even in your speech in front of a huge three-letter subliminal message (CON).

Is there a new list of insolvent coins you might want to share to update the previous list we were given?

Do you plan on listing the next 10 coins you plan on tackling, as requested?

Are you going to do some work or just continue to throw your toys around when chased up by your customers?

I'm glad you replied, I needed a break from my regular work....

I cannot (for security reasons) post my list of CR 1.0 coins publicly. It shows what the database balance should be, our new wallet balances, the difference between the two, and based upon those numbers whether the coin is considered solvent or insolvent. There is some other info included, but it is internal and not important or relevant to this explanation. Based upon this spreadsheet, DRK was never posted as solvent. I have the audit list in front of me. The balance clearly says 0. UTC shows 0 as well. I have taken over the audits, but I have absolutely no access to the wallets to confirm. I work with another employee with the required access to get through the audit. I specifically requested this to be the case so if anything ever came up missing, I would be the first person to cross off the list as a possible culprit. Instead, KingDragon has been nice enough to specially code tools into the management side of the site for me to do my job.

I never stated that any updates have been listed in this thread. Reread what I actually said, and think long and hard about it so you understand before bringing it up again. The OP has links to all of the places we have been updating the community. The info is there, plain as day, and everyone else seemed to figure it out. I don't understand how you seem to be the one person who can't figure it out. They are not hidden, you simply failed to do your own due-diligence as I pointed out before. This is not my fault, and I am sorry that you seem to think it is.

As you were kind enough to point out, yes the site is down right now. Actually, you only reiterated what I had stated. Look at the quote from me you were responding to. And yes, there have been posts by users stating that the site is down in the past, but it has never been for even a whole day before. In fact, I have stated in almost every response to you that the site is down. If you are just now figuring it out, that tells me A LOT. Thanks for clearing it up.

What is this "speech in front of a huge three-letter subliminal message (CON)" you are referring to? I have given no speeches in front of anyone. I think you may be confused as to who you are actually speaking to.

I will not be releasing a list of the coins considered insolvent at this time. Because many coins' wallets do not connect to their respective network, it is hard to determine what is actually insolvent and what is simply reporting a 0 balance because the wallet cannot confirm transactions.

I will also NOT be releasing a list of the next 10 coins as you demanded, not requested. Since the latest events, we have switched gears a bit regarding repayment plans. Again, this has to do with some of the latest events and no further information will be released at this time. (This is the information you deem as "crypto-world domination plans," which couldn't be further from the truth.)

Plenty of work is occurring behind the scenes. There is absolutely nothing you can say or do to extract that information from ANY CryptoRush employee at this time. The possibilities presented to us at this time are too great to possibly risk losing out on because you demand answers. Any subsequent posts you make, you are essentially wasting your breath. It is what it is.
CSL

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:33:56 PM

I cannot (for security reasons) post my list of CR 1.0 coins publicly.

Based upon this spreadsheet, DRK was never posted as solvent.
None of the coins were posted as "solvent".  There was a list of insolvent coins, along with the now-famous timeline showing when each coin was apparently stolen.  There was also a list of coins on each customer's portfolio page showing how many 1.0 coins they have.  The insolvent coins were "credited" as jelly beans and the apparently-solvent coins just stated a 1.0 figure.

I have a bunch of DRK and others.  I mentioned UTC as an example of a coin that would synch, but I didn't actually have any of those.  Not having access to the website, I couldn't give an example of another synchable coin that I considered to be solvent based upon it (1) not being on the insolvent list and (2) being listed as a 1.0 balance with no associated jelly beans.

But for the record, you are now saying DRK and UTC are both completely insolvent and this fact was completely unknown up until this point.

I have taken over the audits, but I have absolutely no access to the wallets to confirm.
Having access to the figures when performing an audit is overrated.

I never stated that any updates have been listed in this thread. Reread what I actually said, and think long and hard about it so you understand before bringing it up again. The OP has links to all of the places we have been updating the community. The info is there, plain as day, and everyone else seemed to figure it out. I don't understand how you seem to be the one person who can't figure it out. They are not hidden, you simply failed to do your own due-diligence as I pointed out before. This is not my fault, and I am sorry that you seem to think it is.
Give me a break.  You scatter crumbs of information all over the Internet and sneak un-dated updates into the OP text, and then expect each of your customers to go on an Easter Egg hunt?  You do realise that you could just as easily copy/paste the information to this thread to avoid people having to constantly monitor 37,000 locations and carefully check text for sneaky updates all the time?  Who does that?  If a copy/paste into this thread is too much of an effort, or is impractical for some reason, then maybe an update here that says "look over there for an update" would work equally well.  That would take hardly any time out of your busy IRC social schedule and would save lot of customers the hassle of having to do "due diligence" every single day in the hope that there might be an update somewhere on the Internet sometime this year.

It's a win/win.  We get updates and you get to avoid having me in your face demanding updates.

What is this "speech in front of a huge three-letter subliminal message (CON)" you are referring to? I have given no speeches in front of anyone. I think you may be confused as to who you are actually speaking to.
My mistake.  I mistook you for the speaker who I now recall was King Dragon.  He was the one who set out the "theft" timeline and told us which coins were "stolen", when and apparently by whom etc.  Oddly enough the coins you are now auditing as depleted were not mentioned at all in the list, either in the speech nor elsewhere.

I will also NOT be releasing a list of the next 10 coins as you demanded, not requested. Since the latest events, we have switched gears a bit regarding repayment plans.
That suggestion was made so that we could see which coins you are auditing and bringing online.  Once done, we could clearly see which were skipped due to coin death and which were fully solvent or newly insolvent etc.  But if you don't want to do that then another method of keeping us fully informed would be equally acceptable.

What's not acceptable is to have no information for six months and then come back and say "oops - all the coins are newly insolvent now.  We promise we didn't cash them out months ago, as per the speculation."

Plenty of work is occurring behind the scenes. There is absolutely nothing you can say or do to extract that information from ANY CryptoRush employee at this time. The possibilities presented to us at this time are too great to possibly risk losing out on because you demand answers. Any subsequent posts you make, you are essentially wasting your breath. It is what it is.
I have no intention of attempting to extract information about any plans beyond what you intend to do to get the "solvent" coins released.  It seems that those previously-"solvent" coins are all insolvent now, so my use of quotes around the word "solvent" throughout this thread has been fully justified.

So, to sum up, your bottom line message is three-fold:  Firstly, CR2 is now to be considered utterly insolvent apart from the coins listed on the OP, but there's no need to be upset about newly-announced losses as we weren't considered entitled to the coins anyway.  Secondly, there are some top secret plans afoot (that have absolutely nothing to do with website colour changes) that will make us all feel better about it all once announced in one of 37,000 possible places (but not here in this thread of course).  Thirdly, anyone who asks for updates is a troll.

Got it.  My unentitled and unworthy self thanks you for the info.  I think.
JCJr222

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:57:20 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 11:51:48 AM by JCJr222

I cannot (for security reasons) post my list of CR 1.0 coins publicly.

Based upon this spreadsheet, DRK was never posted as solvent.
None of the coins were posted as "solvent".  There was a list of insolvent coins, along with the now-famous timeline showing when each coin was apparently stolen.  There was also a list of coins on each customer's portfolio page showing how many 1.0 coins they have.  The insolvent coins were "credited" as jelly beans and the apparently-solvent coins just stated a 1.0 figure.

I have a bunch of DRK and others.  I mentioned UTC as an example of a coin that would synch, but I didn't actually have any of those.  Not having access to the website, I couldn't give an example of another synchable coin that I considered to be solvent based upon it (1) not being on the insolvent list and (2) being listed as a 1.0 balance with no associated jelly beans.

But for the record, you are now saying DRK and UTC are both completely insolvent and this fact was completely unknown up until this point.

I have taken over the audits, but I have absolutely no access to the wallets to confirm.
Having access to the figures when performing an audit is overrated.

Give me a break.  You scatter crumbs of information all over the Internet and sneak un-dated updates into the OP text, and then expect each of your customers to go on an Easter Egg hunt?  You do realise that you could just as easily copy/paste the information to this thread to avoid people having to constantly monitor 37,000 locations and carefully check text for sneaky updates all the time?  Who does that?  If a copy/paste into this thread is too much of an effort, or is impractical for some reason, then maybe an update here that says "look over there for an update" would work equally well.  That would take hardly any time out of your busy IRC social schedule and would save lot of customers the hassle of having to do "due diligence" every single day in the hope that there might be an update somewhere on the Internet sometime this year.

It's a win/win.  We get updates and you get to avoid having me in your face demanding updates.

My mistake.  I mistook you for the speaker who I now recall was King Dragon.  He was the one who set out the "theft" timeline and told us which coins were "stolen", when and apparently by whom etc.  Oddly enough the coins you are now auditing as depleted were not mentioned at all in the list, either in the speech nor elsewhere.

I will also NOT be releasing a list of the next 10 coins as you demanded, not requested. Since the latest events, we have switched gears a bit regarding repayment plans.
That suggestion was made so that we could see which coins you are auditing and bringing online.  Once done, we could clearly see which were skipped due to coin death and which were fully solvent or newly insolvent etc.  But if you don't want to do that then another method of keeping us fully informed would be equally acceptable.

What's not acceptable is to have no information for six months and then come back and say "oops - all the coins are newly insolvent now.  We promise we didn't cash them out months ago, as per the speculation."

I have no intention of attempting to extract information about any plans beyond what you intend to do to get the "solvent" coins released.  It seems that those previously-"solvent" coins are all insolvent now, so my use of quotes around the word "solvent" throughout this thread has been fully justified.

So, to sum up, your bottom line message is three-fold:  Firstly, CR2 is now to be considered utterly insolvent apart from the coins listed on the OP, but there's no need to be upset about newly-announced losses as we weren't considered entitled to the coins anyway.  Secondly, there are some top secret plans afoot (that have absolutely nothing to do with website colour changes) that will make us all feel better about it all once announced in one of 37,000 possible places (but not here in this thread of course).  Thirdly, anyone who asks for updates is a troll.

Got it.  My unentitled and unworthy self thanks you for the info.  I think.

You're welcome. You are nowhere near close, but if you are now satisfied that's good enough for me Smiley
JCJr222

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:52:20 PM

For the rest of the users reading this thread, CSL's last assumptions are not the case. I wanted to point this out before someone took his FUD for fact. I simply grew tired of holding his hand while attempting to help him understand our actual situation. Since I have become involved with CryptoRush I have learned that regardless of what is said, people seem to have a preconceived notion about CR and nothing can be said to change this. I apologize to everyone for the childish trolls stalking this thread taking up so much space with their nonsense.

The information that we can give out for now is as follows:

- The site is currently offline. A user found a vulnerability and exploited it to increase their balances. The vulnerability has been patched, but we are not bringing the site back online yet and do not have an estimate as to when it will be up again. The site will be back online as soon as possible.

- Contrary to some beliefs, just because certain coins were listed on the CR 1.0 balance section of the Portfolio page and had not yet been converted to CRBs does not mean that they are solvent or insolvent. It only meant that the CR 1.0 database showed a balance for that particular user in that amount. Once the audit could be completed for that coin, the coins would be returned (if solvent) or converted to CRBs (if insolvent) or a mixture of the two (if "partially solvent").

- For those who have not seen the presentation by KingDragon at GrrCON, it can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K9xK5t9ckc. The total list of stolen coins is not anywhere in this presentation, because the total extent is unknown. This is why I have been conducting the audits. As mentioned before, any assistance from the community regarding working nodes for any coins CR 1.0 hosted is greatly appreciated and will expedite the audits. Some of the coins' status is simply unknown because the wallets will not connect. Until the wallets are running and synced, there is no way to know if the coins are solvent or insolvent.
mneehon

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:33:47 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 10:34:42 PM by mneehon

- For those who have not seen the presentation by KingDragon at GrrCON, it can be viewed at <<youtube link>>. The total list of stolen coins is not anywhere in this presentation, because the total extent is unknown. This is why I have been conducting the audits. As mentioned before, any assistance from the community regarding working nodes for any coins CR 1.0 hosted is greatly appreciated and will expedite the audits. Some of the coins' status is simply unknown because the wallets will not connect. Until the wallets are running and synced, there is no way to know if the coins are solvent or insolvent.

You are asking for help.  Posting a list of coins you can and cannot connect to will go a long way at helping community to help you.  Please post it in this thread.

Another option would be to ask for help in the coin announcement thread.  Several coins that I had on CR 1 are still alive and kicking, and there is still no information from CR 2 team on whether these coins are solvent or not.

Emailing people (and you should have a list of accounts with emails from original CR) will go a long way in keeping people informed about status of their coins (POT is an example where you are saying that people still haven't "claimed their coins" whatever that means).  Do you expect people to log into the site every day to check upon the coins status?

Posting a link to KD's presentation doesn't answer questions the community is asking, which is primarily - when are the inactive coins going to be active on the CR 2?

CSL

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:58:24 PM

You are asking for help.  Posting a list of coins you can and cannot connect to will go a long way at helping community to help you.  Please post it in this thread.

Another option would be to ask for help in the coin announcement thread.  Several coins that I had on CR 1 are still alive and kicking, and there is still no information from CR 2 team on whether these coins are solvent or not.

Emailing people (and you should have a list of accounts with emails from original CR) will go a long way in keeping people informed about status of their coins (POT is an example where you are saying that people still haven't "claimed their coins" whatever that means).  Do you expect people to log into the site every day to check upon the coins status?

Posting a link to KD's presentation doesn't answer questions the community is asking, which is primarily - when are the inactive coins going to be active on the CR 2?
He's stated that the only solvent coins are those currently available for withdrawal on the CR website.  The rest are are either newly-insolvent or won't synch.  If we know that a particular coin would synch without any drama then it's not on CR because it's now to be considered insolvent.  Asking for the list of coins that simply won't synch (or any information at all) is considered trolling.

Basically, if the coin is alive and has value then it's insolvent.  If it's dead then it may be solvent but won't synch due to death.

"But trust us with fresh coins because CR2 has only been hacked once"

The whole thing is a joke.  We only have this latest information because we pestered for a year while they were tweaking the colour scheme and socialising on IRC.  I wouldn't expect anything else - especially a list of coins.

RIP CryptoRush
JCJr222

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:06:41 AM

- For those who have not seen the presentation by KingDragon at GrrCON, it can be viewed at <<youtube link>>. The total list of stolen coins is not anywhere in this presentation, because the total extent is unknown. This is why I have been conducting the audits. As mentioned before, any assistance from the community regarding working nodes for any coins CR 1.0 hosted is greatly appreciated and will expedite the audits. Some of the coins' status is simply unknown because the wallets will not connect. Until the wallets are running and synced, there is no way to know if the coins are solvent or insolvent.

I would be happy to list the coins we have had issues with. The link to the "issue coins" is as follows:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZVDif2p9n07jkw-UVVX_V70sGXmRTyPGqBqIxwjDFU8/edit#gid=0
JCJr222

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:12:52 AM

He's stated that the only solvent coins are those currently available for withdrawal on the CR website.  The rest are are either newly-insolvent or won't synch.  If we know that a particular coin would synch without any drama then it's not on CR because it's now to be considered insolvent.  Asking for the list of coins that simply won't synch (or any information at all) is considered trolling.

Basically, if the coin is alive and has value then it's insolvent.  If it's dead then it may be solvent but won't synch due to death.

The whole thing is a joke.  We only have this latest information because we pestered for a year while they were tweaking the colour scheme and socialising on IRC.  I wouldn't expect anything else - especially a list of coins.

RIP CryptoRush

Had you actually read what I wrote you would realize that is the exact opposite of what I stated.

If you persist in your troll efforts, the I must ask that you spell "synch" as "sync." Sync is what a blockchain does. Synch is what you do to a saddle to ensure you don't fall off of your horse.
CSL

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:13:58 AM

If you persist in your troll efforts, the I must ask that you spell "synch" as "sync." Sync is what a blockchain does. Synch is what you do to a saddle to ensure you don't fall off of your horse.
I know how difficult this must be for you, so I'll spell the whole word out as "synchronise" in future so you don't accidentally confuse wallets with horses.

If you don't have anything useful to add to the thread then might I suggest that you stop messing about and get back to work?
DogecoinDarkForkening

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:17:44 PM

Another option would be to ask for help in the coin announcement thread.  Several coins that I had on CR 1 are still alive and kicking, and there is still no information from CR 2 team on whether these coins are solvent or not.

He's stated that the only solvent coins are those currently available for withdrawal on the CR website.  The rest are are either newly-insolvent or won't synch.  If we know that a particular coin would synch without any drama then it's not on CR because it's now to be considered insolvent.  Asking for the list of coins that simply won't synch (or any information at all) is considered trolling.

Basically, if the coin is alive and has value then it's insolvent.  If it's dead then it may be solvent but won't synch due to death.

The whole thing is a joke.  We only have this latest information because we pestered for a year while they were tweaking the colour scheme and socialising on IRC.  I wouldn't expect anything else - especially a list of coins.

RIP CryptoRush

Had you actually read what I wrote you would realize that is the exact opposite of what I stated.

This is a Metric Fuck Ton of TL:DR...

How about you stop making excuses for why you shouldn't repay the Coin Balances you owe for?

How about that shit?

Let's go over all the things that have been disproven.

A. You claim that you can not refund coins without "Node(s)" to be able to send the transaction.

Ok let's break this down for you because clearly you have no experience at all with Blockchains...

1. You can download a Blockchain off a single Node you don't need multiple Nodes to do so so there's no needing extra nodes to download the Block Chain

2. At an average Bandwidth of around 200 KB/s you can download the entire Block Chain off a single Node in a matter of minutes to a total of an hour

3. The Time you've spent saying there is no Nodes is both an outright lie as well as a very basic retarded excuse

4. You say coins are not able to be refunded when the amount of Nodes for the Coins you are stated "Have No Nodes" is complete horse shit. Darkcoin is one of the most Node Populated Cryptocurrencies out there 5th on CoinMarketCap

B. You seem to not care at all that you are Insolvent and there's no way at all you can pay back all the Coins you owe and you seem to not at all care. Every time anyone questions you as to When the repayments are going to be made or what your plan is CryptoRush.in "mysteriously" goes offline.

C. Anyone of any age that has basic coding experience or a nice brother or sister that can code the site for them can run an Exchange and this is clearly the case with you. You have no experience running an exchange , no experience with finances , no experience in any Business field at all. You live at home probably in your parents Basement like the majority of all the Altcoin Exchange Operators.

D. Why or how this is legal is beyond me  Huh You are more then likely not even of legal age to run a Securities or Financial Exchange not to mention every one of these Altcoins Exchanges is Unlicensed and Unregulated. I understand Bitcoin is about Decentralization but if we wanted to use a Decentralized Platform we could use many different ones ShapeShift.io for example requires no username , no password , is completely fine with you masking your ip , using tor , using a vpn and is very fast and very effective with %0 fees.  Roll Eyes
vesperwillow

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:57:32 PM

B. You seem to not care at all that you are Insolvent and there's no way at all you can pay back all the Coins you owe and you seem to not at all care. Every time anyone questions you as to When the repayments are going to be made or what your plan is CryptoRush.in "mysteriously" goes offline.

This is the point I made a long time ago. While their intent to try and pay back users is "nice", the lack of ability to ever do so makes it somewhat moot. Mathematically speaking, we'll be long dead before even a fraction of payback could ever result, and this is if fees were 10% or more.

I also have to wonder why it's taken almost a year to finalize an audit to determine what's toast and what isn't, particularly since there is no 'partial repayment' being made. It's database info right? You don't need the blockchain data to determine what happened, you look into your exchange database. The blockchain data should merely support the analysis. You align the data--what's left, what went missing, what should've been there--and then run some scripts to do the analysis. This is, at most, a month's work of work, but more properly in the right hands, maybe a week. If it's more complex than that, then explain your methods. Perhaps folks can assist by providing better methods.

mneehon

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:37:13 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 08:37:05 PM by mneehon

Another option would be to ask for help in the coin announcement thread.  Several coins that I had on CR 1 are still alive and kicking, and there is still no information from CR 2 team on whether these coins are solvent or not.

I would be happy to list the coins we have had issues with. The link to the "issue coins" is as follows:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZVDif2p9n07jkw-UVVX_V70sGXmRTyPGqBqIxwjDFU8/edit#gid=0

Out of the list, FCKBanks was alive until probably a couple of weeks ago.  There are still nodes active, just nobody seems to be mining.  What did you do to reach the coin community?  There were no requests posted in the coin thread here on bitcointalk.

And what about the coins that are still active (not on your "dead" list)?  How about MemoryCoin?  Or ECC?  The coins are active, listed on exchanges, and are not listed in the bitcomsec report among coins that were "withdrawn by hackerz".

P.S.  The linked spreadsheet is editable by anybody.  Methinks security conscious person would share a read-only link.

CSL

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:45:12 PM

I wonder if anyone remembers this message:

ATTENTION: Please be aware that at this time, due to insolvency and site ownership changes, all deposits and trades are to be considered at your own risk. Depleted wallets will not be able to fund coin withdrawals. Affected Wallets: BTC, LTC, POT, AUR, QRK, WAS and BAT

I mention it because we are now told that ALL wallets are now either insolvent or dead.  If we know for sure that a wallet will synchronise (DRK, for example) then we are told that it is now to be considered insolvent.  The only coins that might be solvent are the dead ones.  This news has only been released after literally months of asking for "something", and speculating about theft from within.

Apparently asking for coins, or even feeling entitled to them in the first place, is considered trolling.  If that's the case then everyone who has posted here in the last year is considered a troll by CR.  That is unacceptable.

I strongly encourage CR to buy back the formerly-solvent coins they sold, at whatever price they can, and release them to their rightful owners.  I encourage them to do that right now.
mneehon

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:23:21 PM

Out of the list, FCKBanks was alive until probably a couple of weeks ago.  There are still nodes active, just nobody seems to be mining.  What did you do to reach the coin community?  There were no requests posted in the coin thread here on bitcointalk.

And what about the coins that are still active (not on your "dead" list)?  How about MemoryCoin?  Or ECC?  The coins are active, listed on exchanges, and are not listed in the bitcomsec report among coins that were "withdrawn by hackerz".

Requests were posted in our IRC channel, on the OP and on Twitter. The link to the sheet was left editable so anyone who has information to add could do so. There is no confidential information contained, so security is not an issue. This is a copy of one sheet from a secure document that is an Excel spreadsheet which contains much more information than is posted on the public sheet. That spreadsheet is only available to the 4 admins on a secure server in an undisclosed location, so I'd say it is fairly safe.

I was asking about specific coin.  There were no posts from CR in the coin's ANN thread or specific post listing the coin as "unavailable to connect".  Which OP are you talking about?  If this thread, then no, OP doesn't have any such information (about "dead" coins).  Neither does Twitter feed.  And do you really expect everybody to spend their lives on the CR IRC channel?

You are avoiding answering the question about coins that are active, and were not included in the BITCOMSEC investigation as "withdrawn by hackerz".  Please post factual information or schedule, promises are not enough, there have been to many already.

vesperwillow

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 02:04:02 PM

This is the point I made a long time ago. While their intent to try and pay back users is "nice", the lack of ability to ever do so makes it somewhat moot. Mathematically speaking, we'll be long dead before even a fraction of payback could ever result, and this is if fees were 10% or more.

I also have to wonder why it's taken almost a year to finalize an audit to determine what's toast and what isn't, particularly since there is no 'partial repayment' being made. It's database info right? You don't need the blockchain data to determine what happened, you look into your exchange database. The blockchain data should merely support the analysis. You align the data--what's left, what went missing, what should've been there--and then run some scripts to do the analysis. This is, at most, a month's work of work, but more properly in the right hands, maybe a week. If it's more complex than that, then explain your methods. Perhaps folks can assist by providing better methods.

JCR, do you have input on this (the red)?

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: