Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:07:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:51:38 AM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I don’t know what happened to you becaue you have mentioned how important the job for you and you knew that ever since but why is it on you who spend even your work time in crypto?

I have a regular job also but i make sure that only the break time is what i spend in cryptocurrency,other than that is  focus in job,then when i got home giving some family time and before sleeping thats the full time i spend for this
rickyharun

Activity: 197
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:01:03 AM

Cryptocurrency is not to be considered as a regular job. So dont give up the career you have right now. Cryptocurrency is unstable and is like a lottery wherein there is small chance you hit a jackpot. This is what happened to us also. We quit our jobs to focus on crypto. But we were disappointed because the market isnt always upward and income is jot regular. Best if you just keep this as a part time job.
in any market price could not always move upward,, price always moves up and down based on news and psychology on market.so its normal if we sometime did not get any profit , but sometime we get huge earning.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:36:17 AM

Having a regular job is very important which cater a fix income on you. This is just needs a time management doing your job and doing crypto with your extra time. It is hard at first but you should focus to balance your time. In crypto it really offer an income although their is a huge risks in it.
you are right. Don't let your work be wasted because of bitcoin, because it can be an extraordinary income when you can handle it. well, all that is just a matter of addiction. when you are very comfortable using bitcoin, you will be addicted and might leave your job. well, there are some of my friends who do that.
Ycekezuv

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:54:22 AM

Unfortunately, the profit from crypto currency is not constant and therefore it is difficult to count on it as earnings, so the basic, constant work is necessary, that the crypt simply lay on the purse and waited for the growth of the market!
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:00:40 AM

I don't want to lose my main job, work in the crypto world only part of the side job. working in the crypto world for me is just an additional income. I will be very sorry if I lose it. use the time as efficiently as possible so that the job can be completed properly.

I agree. OP is just putting the blame to crypto because he don't want to take the fault. OP was not able to manage his time that well and ended up messing up his actual job. Don't put the cryptocurrency work in a pedestal just because you can see your earnings potential to blow up. It will still going to take a lot of time before you can earn a lot of money in here. For now, it's just an additional income, a side job, so you better treat it that way and put your focus on your main job. The problem with people is they get excited when something new like bitcoin comes. They want to learn it all right away instead of giving it time to sink in.

Remember that at the end of the day, your main job is still what puts food on your family's table. At the end of the day, without your main job, you're going to be homeless so you have to prioritize that. Sideline will only become more important than your main job once they are giving you more than your main job. But I guess that can easily be not the case when you don't truly enjoy your main job and you find it not doing.

Relmarrowny

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:28:08 AM

Is the crypto market as scary as we think? What can I expect when entering the cryptocurrency market? Will, I take a new job or look for new opportunities from this market? Perhaps we have to experience the right comments.
aalborg

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:45:36 AM

Well, if you live in country with high income,you can just invest it in crypto and don't quit your job, but as for poor countries, quitting a job for crypto is a solution,because they can earn with bounties,mining and ICOs much more than on regular job.

Being a developer,you can find crypto related job as well, so it is not quitting,it is just changing industry. I bet in crypto income is much more higher than in usual industry.
Anyway it is your choice,as for me I quit usual job for crypto
Uppound

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:23:21 AM

I have not experienced close employment lost but rather I have started to feel that I am not doing admirably at present at work. A significant number of my chance in office is been utilized for digital forms of money related research and I simply completed a little mind myself and discover that I have not been doing great in a long run. Anyway I am considering leaving my place of employment to center around cryptographic forms of money exchanging.
HyperLup

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:24:30 AM

It isn't a good thing that people interested in crypto disrupt their duties in daily life and disrupt their work in the workplace. If the time we spend on crypto affects our school, our job or family etc. we have to organize and plan ourselves again.
maxman190

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:50:48 AM

Here the most important thing is not to go into cryptography , because no one knows what it can end , and for the usual work in the profession you are paid for the fact that you just work.
rickyharun

Activity: 197
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:05:39 PM

It isn't a good thing that people interested in crypto disrupt their duties in daily life and disrupt their work in the workplace. If the time we spend on crypto affects our school, our job or family etc. we have to organize and plan ourselves again.
we should manage our time.in a day we could spend several hours in crypto and another time for other activity.if we dont manage our time we would got nothing and our regular activity distrubed.
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:53:26 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I somehow manage to combine my main job and dealing with crypto, though yes, it's sometimes hard to set the priority and I spend irregular hours on bounties and trading.
Of course, lack of sleep and free time is not a very healthy lifestyle, but I decided to sacrifice several years of my life in order to provide for a stable and comfortable future.

sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:08:58 PM

no wrong to spend time on things that interest you, even during your work.

You may spend your time to do research but not sacrifice your work time and affecting your working experience.

Best though, is to do it off work time.
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:27:29 PM

Investing all you have in the cryptocurrency but you do not really understand this market is very dangerous thing that investors should consider. Do not invest if you have not explored the cryptocurrency.
kumala_abi

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:14:17 PM

we should manage our time.in a day we could spend several hours in crypto and another time for other activity.if we dont manage our time we would got nothing and our regular activity distrubed.
that's good point dude, we know its could be very difficult for us if working in two or more place.we need extra energy and time to do it.and the only way was we should have able to manage our time.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:25:56 PM

It's really important to have a regular job. Don't let your whole life be crypto. Take time for everything, especially family and social activities. Crypto can be seen as additional work but it should never be the main source of income. If you can't manage your time in order, the crypto really starts taking your time .
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:25:17 PM

It's really important to have a regular job. Don't let your whole life be crypto. Take time for everything, especially family and social activities. Crypto can be seen as additional work but it should never be the main source of income. If you can't manage your time in order, the crypto really starts taking your time .
I believe that if you are passionate enough and have vision to create useful product or business in crypto sphere, then you should leave your regular job and get fully involved in crypto. In this case you risk, but can receive more profit and find yourself in this world, add value to crypto world and in some cases become famous.
Every sucessful person has risked enough at least once in a life to get overwhelming results. That's how it works.
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:49:42 AM

your advice is good
I think for people who already have a permanent job in the real world it is better to make Cryptocurrency a side income,

and I'm sure for those who haven't got a job in the real world then Cryptocurrency is an excellent alternative to earning income, I'm grateful for the birth of this Cryptocurrency to open new jobs for anyone
xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:20:26 AM

Do you sad about your lost job because crypto ? maybe more better earning and money you getting after you focus on cryptocurrency. look your self when you are trying investment at bitcoin and crypto you can take much profit more than your salary at your work.
arin_muah

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:25:24 AM

Do you sad about your lost job because crypto ? maybe more better earning and money you getting after you focus on cryptocurrency. look your self when you are trying investment at bitcoin and crypto you can take much profit more than your salary at your work.
if we had already lost our job, so we shoud have focus on this world.in cryptocurrency we could earn much money as long as we hard work and able to catch any opportunity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: