Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:14:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226222 times)
niceman

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CoinMine.pw

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:49:02 PM

BlockExplorer stuck.
One of my daemons stuck with block explorer at block 158430 another node switched to P2Pool node with 158881 blocks.
s4w3d0ff, why your team can't create normal block explorer with ABE scripts?
Why all not P2Pools is turned off even cga.thedigitalmint.net now and only me still "baby sitting" your daemon at www.coinmine.pw and even not listed in first post?
If this coin is not interesting to developers, may be better just tell peoples, what coin is "not interested".

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:02:46 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 01:23:39 PM by coinflow

Everyone please update! The most current version is 1.3.4.2 but the only difference between 1.3.4.1 and 1.3.4.2 is a checkpoint. The hardcoded nodes are still down so please share your peer info with others to help others sync. Any 1.3.4.x version should work but anything less (1.3.3.x) will be the wrong chain! UPDATE and resync if needed!

Do we have to BEG for this update?  Where can we find it? It's not in the site. It's not in the first page.

It IS on their website. Scroll to the bottom you'll see the links for all the platforms.

No it's not.  It's 1.3.4.1 . We already have this. Is it a kind of a game? Do we win something? Or just confusion.

That version is fine. If you pull the SRC you'll get 1.3.4.2

I need the binary!
I downloaded and ran 1.3.4.1,,, says "no block chain available".... what' the deal?
If you present a solution to a problem, make sure it SOLVES the problem and doesn't create a new one!
What is the correct solution?

The P2Pools are on the right chain, too.
See the CGA-P2Pool-scanner, to get the IP-addresses to add them to the config via addnode - as said by crackfoo above for addnode=192.99.35.133.

If you don't know how to add/find the config-file, see this posting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg6918351#msg6918351 - but use the P2Pool-node-addresses instead and addnode=192.99.35.133

Please, just let me know when this BS is ALL straightened out! I don't care about all this extra work! Geesh! It's just a coin wallet! Just want my wallet to work the way it's supposed to. Let me know when the problem has been solved, completely! For now I'll just trade my mined CGA for BTC for now and not worry about storing it in my wallet.

These are the "little" problems that can occur after a fork/hardfork, if not enough people update their wallet. Then there are two chains fighting each other. The more people update immediately, the faster the problems go away, since the cryptos all are peer-to-peer based, and if many people don't update, a coin is running into problems like these. Mooncoin, for example, had the same problems for a short time. After the forking-phase with similar hiccups and people complaining, all is now going smoothly again.

But we have to urge the developer to get the official nodes running again as fast as possible so that the wallet can find good peers without adding extra nodes. There you are right.

Thanks coiny! I'm glad you're on the job!  Grin

Sorry if it seems like I am not living up to all your ridiculous expectations. I just maintain the code, threads, twitter, facebook, and official website... that is it. If you are having trouble syncing with the network try adding "addnode="s into your config and resync, P2Pool nodes are a good start. The compiled binaries (1.3.4.1) are up at http://cganomaly.com a small (old) list of peers are in the OP (they have been there since the 1.3.4.X update was released. Here are my connected peers (along with my IP):

As stated 1 page back (and quoted above): The only difference between 1.3.4.1 and 1.3.4.2 is a checkpoint (which does not make it a mandatory update). I am currently running 1.3.4.1 on my personal wallet and have not had it get off track since I updated (running 24/7).

How version numbers are structured:
Example:
Code:
^ ^ ^ ^
| | | Build
| | Revision
| Minor
Major
When making updates I usually "bump" the Minor or Revision number if the update requires a "hard fork". If the Build number is bumped then the changes are "cosmetic" (meaning that the update is not required). So version 1.3.4.2 is a "cosmetic" update.

Currently the owners of all the hardcoded nodes are having server problems, so making a config file with "addnode=" is pretty much required for now.

If you are new to crypto-currencies and feel that this coin is "messed up" you might want to do some research and teach yourself how to troubleshoot wallets before ranting. Read up on "forks" and command line RPC calls.

Once again: I DO NOT GET PAID TO "RUN" THIS COIN. I have a full time job and don't mine coins. I don't have the money to buy server space and maintain nodes or services. The coin community is turning into a "give me free hand outs" community, expecting that the "devs" do all the work without pay so that the users can reap the benefits. I do what I can to keep this coin going, but I will not kill myself to fulfill other peoples greed.

Side note: Things are developing behind the scenes, nothing to announce yet but things are still moving forward.

Hey,

what "ridiculous" expectations do you mean precisely? Those that users that invest into a coin can at least expect, that the coin is developed further and the basic wallet-functions are OK?

I don't want to offend you or sound like ranting. But these are the bare minimum-expectations one can have. If you don't agree, do NOT throw a coin on the market.
Think of all the people investing into the coin. Don't they deserve, that the developer maintains his coin (not to say, that you don't, btw.)?
What about all of the pool-owners that invested time (Edit: AND money) into the coin also? They deserve it, too, that the developer cares. You knew, this would be a little bit of work, but hey, you could/should have known it from the start, right?

I don't think it is ridiculous, that "normal" non-tech-savvy-users expect, that the wallet simply works. You cannot reproach it to them, most of them simply are afraid of their investment, which is more than understandable. Edit: And exactly these people are the future of any coin, that really aims to survive. Coins don't have a great future if they don't target the mass-market.

BUT: I also expect from them, of course, that they try the proposed suggestions as a first-aid-measure and not being angry immediately, if there is something not working as expected.
And this is, when the community comes into play. We can explain and help new users to sensitize them for the problems, that may arise with the introduction of a new coin, as it is with every new technology or variation of it. So we as the community are gladly here to help and support the/a coin and hence the developer, of course.

As a conclusion and to calm down everyone maybe, I'd say: both are right and we should all think professionally about how to get forward TOGETHER.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

BlockExplorer stuck.
One of my daemons stuck with block explorer at block 158430 another node switched to P2Pool node with 158881 blocks.
Why all not P2Pools is turned off even cga.thedigitalmint.net now and only me still "baby sitting" your daemon at www.coinmine.pw and even not listed in first post?
If this coin is not interesting to developers, may be better just tell peoples, what coin is "not interested".

Have you updated your wallet and resynced with added nodes, as explained some posts above?

niceman

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CoinMine.pw

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 03:21:54 PM

BlockExplorer stuck.

Have you updated your wallet and resynced with added nodes, as explained some posts above?

Yes. New version nothing changes. Pool's wallet randomly stuck or forks every several days.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:29:46 PM

BlockExplorer stuck.

Yes. New version nothing changes. Pool's wallet randomly stuck or forks every several days.

So we need to get the word out, that everyone should REALLY update as soon as possible AND the dev needs to revive the built in seed-nodes as soon as possible also.

silentrunner

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:33:38 PM

Anyone know why  digital mint block explorer is down?  http://cga.thedigitalmint.org/

So is http://pool.webcoin.us/cga/statistics/blockchain

Makes it kind of hard to figure out if and what is wrong. I have 5 blocks with question marks in my Transactions.  I may have been on the wrong chain but when I restarted the wallet it did not give me any errors.
imall4btc

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

Guys, is "theminingpools.com" a scam pool?? I couldn't find a reliable pool to mine CGA, so started mining with 'em with more than 780 kH/s and it is more than 5 hours of mining (now stopped!) but I didn't receive a single cent in my coin wallet, though as stated on their website payouts are made every hour. So is there something wrong with this pool??

Thanks

Wallet addresses being updated...
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:26:48 PM

I don't understand what FORK means. I know we ain't talkin salad fork.... But what the fork does forking FORK mean in this application?
I keep reading and hearing Fork this and fork that and this forked so now its all forked up and you need to bypass the fork or get a new fork...just fork it, man!

Okay, just point me in the right direction and I'll study up on all this and become a good little wallet caretaker like I should have been in the first place, I recon Wink

Woof! Woof!

There are 2 terms relating to "forks", first one is a blockchain fork caused by mining: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain
The other is a "hard fork" usually made by the developers when certain code is changed and an update is required.

The first one is really quite random and usually the cause for wallets having a hard time syncing. A pool or solominer solves a block near the same time as another and builds upon its own chain, if all the wallets are not connected or talking properly to each other the network can "split" onto 2 (or more) different blockchains and each side claims to be the "right" one. If the network is big enough the wallets usually fix themselves and find the "right" chain by comparing its chain with what everyone else has. If the network is small the wallet will not be able to verify if the chain it is on is correct and then throws the error message we see so much. Only way to combat this is to get more seed nodes that can talk to everyone and get everyone on the right page.

So for now, if you are on the right chain, it is beneficial for users to share there connected peers and that everyone updates their config files with these peers.

Sorry if I sound irritated but it is a common misconception that network issues can just be "magically" fixed by an update. An update can only fix bugs that are causing network issues, but this latest update is the closest CGA will get to being "bug free" when it comes to what the crypto world has to offer.

Okay, thanks....but, the question is - what does 'fork' mean.... It sounds like it has the same meaning as 'fork in the road',,ie a split,, go this way or that way...right? This is what FORK means?

Why the difficulty in keeping all wallets in comm' with each other? They all comm' through the same server/s, right? Or at least they should. A fork should be preventable, not possible, this doesn't need to even happen but it seems to be allowed to happen because 'that's just the way it is'Huh?? Come on! There has to be a solution to this...

I upgraded my wallet to the latest binary 1.3.4.1,, still, no joy! Shows behind 21 hours...not syncing..
I don't understand the procedure to add the nodes so it will communicate with the right chain and update correctly..
Can someone explain the procedure in simple and specific A B C terms without going off on other tangents?
Thanks

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:30:35 PM

Guys, is "theminingpools.com" a scam pool?? I couldn't find a reliable pool to mine CGA, so started mining with 'em with more than 780 kH/s and it is more than 5 hours of mining (now stopped!) but I didn't receive a single cent in my coin wallet, though as stated on their website payouts are made every hour. So is there something wrong with this pool??

Thanks

nah, my mining pool is ignoring CGA until it gets its self back together as well. It hasn't even pointed our workers at CGA in 4 days now where before that I was receiving coins on a regular basis.... CGA IS literally ALL FORKED UP! We'll just have to wait until it's trusted again....

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:40:40 PM

I don't understand what FORK means. I know we ain't talkin salad fork.... But what the fork does forking FORK mean in this application?
I keep reading and hearing Fork this and fork that and this forked so now its all forked up and you need to bypass the fork or get a new fork...just fork it, man!

Okay, just point me in the right direction and I'll study up on all this and become a good little wallet caretaker like I should have been in the first place, I recon Wink

Woof! Woof!

There are 2 terms relating to "forks", first one is a blockchain fork caused by mining: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain
The other is a "hard fork" usually made by the developers when certain code is changed and an update is required.

The first one is really quite random and usually the cause for wallets having a hard time syncing. A pool or solominer solves a block near the same time as another and builds upon its own chain, if all the wallets are not connected or talking properly to each other the network can "split" onto 2 (or more) different blockchains and each side claims to be the "right" one. If the network is big enough the wallets usually fix themselves and find the "right" chain by comparing its chain with what everyone else has. If the network is small the wallet will not be able to verify if the chain it is on is correct and then throws the error message we see so much. Only way to combat this is to get more seed nodes that can talk to everyone and get everyone on the right page.

So for now, if you are on the right chain, it is beneficial for users to share there connected peers and that everyone updates their config files with these peers.

Sorry if I sound irritated but it is a common misconception that network issues can just be "magically" fixed by an update. An update can only fix bugs that are causing network issues, but this latest update is the closest CGA will get to being "bug free" when it comes to what the crypto world has to offer.

Okay, thanks....but, the question is - what does 'fork' mean.... It sounds like it has the same meaning as 'fork in the road',,ie a split,, go this way or that way...right? This is what FORK means?

Why the difficulty in keeping all wallets in comm' with each other? They all comm' through the same server/s, right? Or at least they should. A fork should be preventable, not possible, this doesn't need to even happen but it seems to be allowed to happen because 'that's just the way it is'Huh?? Come on! There has to be a solution to this...

I upgraded my wallet to the latest binary 1.3.4.1,, still, no joy! Shows behind 21 hours...not syncing..
I don't understand the procedure to add the nodes so it will communicate with the right chain and update correctly..
Can someone explain the procedure in simple and specific A B C terms without going off on other tangents?
Thanks

Have you even tried to read the previous posts? See this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg6918351#msg6918351

But use the IP-addresses from the P2Pools, that can be found here:
http://5.45.105.66:8080

Edit: Regarding the fork-question, maybe this is a good start:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1a51xx/now_that_its_over_the_blockchain_fork_explained/

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:44:04 PM

Thanks

Check out the P2Pools, they are on the right chain and working good:

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:51:20 PM

Woof! Woof!

Thanks

But use the IP-addresses from the P2Pools that can be found here:

FLAME ON! Angry
NO! I haven't! I as well as many others - obviously do not want to be bothered with FORK hunting!
I want to mine and store my CGA coins and not be forked with otherwise! GET IT?Huh I dont' need being given homework I didn't sign up for in the first place!
Don't give me any grief about it either. Mine/our needs/wants/intentions and purposes are just as honorable and meaningful as yours are!
I don't want to be bothered by this crap! Just fix the darn wallet and leave us alone!

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:00:24 PM

Woof! Woof!

Thanks

FLAME ON! Angry
NO! I haven't! I as well as many others - obviously do not want to be bothered with FORK hunting!
I want to mine and store my CGA coins and not be forked with otherwise! GET IT?Huh I dont' need being given homework I didn't sign up for in the first place!
Don't give me any grief about it either. Mine/our needs/wants/intentions and purposes are just as honorable and meaningful as yours are!
I don't want to be bothered by this crap! Just fix the darn wallet and leave us alone!

If you don't understand the concept of Bitcoin and the derivates, that is no problem. If you are too lazy to inform yourself, that IS a problem.
Go read this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1a51xx/now_that_its_over_the_blockchain_fork_explained/

... and if you still feel to output your uninformedness, come back. Otherwise, I'd say don't drive a car without a drivers license. Get it?

I'm sure, the dev is doing what he can, but he surely can't change the basic rules, that apply to ALL cryptocurrencies, even Bitcoin. You'll understand that, if you read, what I gave you as "homework". ----------> http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1a51xx/now_that_its_over_the_blockchain_fork_explained/

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

Woof! Woof!

Thanks

FLAME ON! Angry

If you don't understand the concept of Bitcoin and the derivates, that is no problem. If you are too lazy to inform yourself, that IS a problem.
Go read this:

... and if you still feel to output your uninformedness, come back. Otherwise, I'd say don't drive a car without a drivers license. Get it?

I'm sure, the dev is doing what he can, but he surely can't change the basic rules, that apply to ALL cryptocurrencies, even Bitcoin. You'll understand that, if you read, what I gave you as "homework". ----------> http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1a51xx/now_that_its_over_the_blockchain_fork_explained/

Puhh! Drivers license? Wha?
Anyway, the point you are missing is that I have several other wallets that WORK and they all , if any, only require a periodic binary update or a reset at the very worst!
I mine coins, I store coins, I exchange those coins with other 'wallet' holders for goods and services etc. No fuss, no muss! NO HOMEWORK! No forcing me to get educated on crap I couldn't care less about. Yeah, woefully and blissfully ignorant of it, thank you!
I don't give a crap!
PLEASE just Fix my CGA, link me the correct fixed wallet binary and I'll be happy of my own willful ignorance of its inner workings.
Thank you for your efforts! Keep up the good work!

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:44:38 PM

Woof! Woof!

Thanks

FLAME ON! Angry

Go read this:

Anyway, the point you are missing is that I have several other wallets that WORK and they all , if any, only require a periodic binary update or a reset at the very worst!
I mine coins, I store coins, I exchange those coins with other 'wallet' holders for goods and services etc. No fuss, no muss! NO HOMEWORK! No forcing me to get educated on crap I couldn't care less about. Yeah, woefully and blissfully ignorant of it, thank you!
I don't give a crap!
PLEASE just Fix my CGA, link me the correct fixed wallet binary and I'll be happy of my own willful ignorance of its inner workings.

I think you still don't get it, that these problems can hit ALL of your other coins sooner or later. Will you be whining in their threads/forums as well then?
I gave you the link to educate yourself about common problems of the crypto-currency-concept, that can hit each an every coin.
If you read the article/comment on reddit, you would know, that it hit Bitcoin and Bitcoin is the leading crypto ...
But ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Edit: I just wanted to help you and describe a method of a workaround to get your wallet going again. Maybe at least it can support other readers/users having problems.

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:13:19 PM

Woof! Woof!

Thanks

FLAME ON! Angry

Go read this:

I don't give a crap!

I think you still don't get it, that these problems can hit ALL of your other coins sooner or later. Will you be whining in their threads/forums as well then?
I gave you the link to educate yourself about common problems of the crypto-currency-concept, that can hit each an every coin.
If you read the article/comment on reddit, you would know, that it hit Bitcoin and Bitcoin is the leading crypto ...

Edit: I just wanted to help you and describe a method of a workaround to get your wallet going again. Maybe at least it can support other readers/users having problems.

hah hah! I'm not whining... I'm FLAMING! Remember? Wink
I appreciate your help. I'm just aggravated that I have to FORK over the time to handle a distraction like this and now I have to learn more shyt that I didnt' plan on...that's all....But I know that's the way it goes sometimes.....shyt happens....then you're FORKED!  Grin

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:36:18 PM

Woof! Woof!

Thanks

FLAME ON! Angry

Go read this:

I don't give a crap!

I appreciate your help. I'm just aggravated that I have to FORK over the time to handle a distraction like this and now I have to learn more shyt that I didnt' plan on...that's all....But I know that's the way it goes sometimes.....shyt happens....then you're FORKED!  Grin

Flaming? Sounds more like a whining sissy or like trolling.  Grin
Anyway, sometimes something can go wrong. You just have to accept that. It's like having an accident with the car or a breakdown. Then you also have to deal with something you did not plan to invest time in. But at least you realize that.  Smiley
So let's all get FORKED ... Cool

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

Thanks

It's not a scam pool. When you mine at those kinds of pools you need to wait until the mined coins are fully confirmed, then you will start getting the payouts for blocks you helped solve. They may have had technical issues or been on the wrong chain, and you may have lost hashing time, I'm not sure. Only thing I do know for sure is they are not intentionally scaming.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:36:20 PM

Woof! Woof!

Thanks

FLAME ON! Angry

Go read this:

I don't give a crap!

I appreciate your help. I'm just aggravated that I have to FORK over the time to handle a distraction like this and now I have to learn more shyt that I didnt' plan on...that's all....But I know that's the way it goes sometimes.....shyt happens....then you're FORKED!  Grin

Right....speaking of whining sissy's... you could have saved a lot of back and forth by simply re-iterating - re-stating - re-enforcing this link... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg6918351#msg6918351
That's what I would have done if I were you Tongue  Grin
Wallet updating now... it better work!

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:45:21 PM

Thanks

It's really not that hard. You probably don't need to add nodes, what you need to do is delete your bad chain data. There is a folder on your computer and in it you have your wallet.dat and a bunch of other files. Your wallet.dat is super important and holds your public addresses and private keys. Don't delete it, lose it or let anybody else find it. So you updated to 1.3.4.1 but it is stuck 21 hours behind? You just close the wallet. Navigate to the folder with your wallet.dat Delete all the files in that folder except for your wallet.dat Run the client again. This time it should get past the bad block and sync to the correct chain. I use windows so I go to Users>Username>Appdata>Roaming>Cryptographicanomaly then delete the bad chain data, leaving only my wallet.dat and run it again. If this still doesn't work I would add a conf file with addnodes.

That is all you need to do, and once every CGA user does this, that bad chain data will be deleted forever and wont cause this hiccup anymore.

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: