Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 08:17:11 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android  (Read 115103 times)
burger

Activity: 195

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:27:16 PM

When will you update the app with the new translations form transifex?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andreas Schildbach

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 07:45:17 AM

When will you update the app with the new translations form transifex?

I just updated the app with French, Spanish, Turkish and Swedish from Transifex. Will be included in 2.15. Thanks for your help in translating!

However, I noticed that Transifex is far from ideal for Android. It reformats passages, effectively breaking layouts. For some reason, some translations replaced the "three dots" Unicode character with three separate dots. So there is still some manual work necessary. Also, it can't deal with HTML entirely, so all the help pages are not represented there.

Bitcoin Wallet for Android: Your own Bitcoins, in your own pocket!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
Jouke

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 09:14:40 AM

Is it me or is the client getting updated a lot recently? Is it safe to update?

Koop en verkoop snel en veilig bitcoins via iDeal op Bitonic.nl
Andreas Schildbach

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 09:52:34 AM

Yes, you can update.

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:40:40 PM

And yes, there have been a few updates recently.  Thank you Goonie for all your recent work in this.

fornit

Activity: 989

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:33:47 PM

in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76528.0 there are some usage statistics for bitcoinspinner, multibit and  blockchain.info wallet.
it would very informative if you could provide your statistics too. thank you!

Bananington

Activity: 366

Twinkle twinkle motherfucker, twinkle twinkle.

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:38:44 AM

I have root on my device and I'm trying to replace my devices wallet files with the wallet.dat from my PC, but I don't see a wallet.dat file on my device. Do I have to get the private key from my PC wallet and export that? If so, how do I get my private key?
Andreas Schildbach

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 07:12:46 AM

but I don't see a wallet.dat file on my device.

There is no wallet.dat.

See http://bitcoin-wallet.googlecode.com/git/wallet/README

Bananington

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:25:42 AM

but I don't see a wallet.dat file on my device.

There is no wallet.dat.

See http://bitcoin-wallet.googlecode.com/git/wallet/README
I see that now... :/

Grrr, I need/want my phone to be a miniature PC. lol.
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 03:34:26 PM

Why do you want to move a PC wallet to your phone? Just send the money from PC to phone and you are done.
Bananington

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 03:41:59 PM

Why do you want to move a PC wallet to your phone? Just send the money from PC to phone and you are done.
I also plan on continued use of my PC client. I want to have access to the same things I have access to on both devices. I don't want to have to get on my PC or my phone to access certain coins.

For example, I have tor on both devices, I have PGP apps on both devices, etc. I'm trying to create redundancy and in doing that, portability.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:29:00 PM

I also plan on continued use of my PC client. I want to have access to the same things I have access to on both devices. I don't want to have to get on my PC or my phone to access certain coins.

For example, I have tor on both devices, I have PGP apps on both devices, etc. I'm trying to create redundancy and in doing that, portability.

Would an encrypted tunneling app from your phone to control your pc work?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Bananington

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:35:37 PM

Would an encrypted tunneling app from your phone to control your pc work?
You mean like logmein.com's service? I can't afford to leave my PC on 24/7. Neither do I want to anticipate a future need for remote access. Oh, and Wake On Lan isn't something I'm interested in. :/ Sorry, but I have a specific desire to copy my PC wallet to my phone and use it.

I appreciate the suggestions people. Thank you.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:38:34 PM

I can't afford to leave my PC on 24/7.

Oh, wow.  How 1990.  I didn't know people still turned their computers off unless it locked up.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Bananington

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:42:08 PM

I can't afford to leave my PC on 24/7.

Oh, wow.  How 1990.  I didn't know people still turned their computers off unless it locked up.
Lol. Really now? I just thought people who don't take care of their electronics leave them on all of the time. One of my many pet peeves. What can I say? I bitch quite a lot. It's probably the lack of Mary Jane in my life ATM.

Anyway, my mom can't afford me leaving my computer on 24/7. Alas, I am but a poor college student struggling to pay for simple health care.
Andreas Schildbach

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 05:44:36 PM

Sorry, but I have a specific desire to copy my PC wallet to my phone and use it.

You'll probably never be able to copy wallet.dat directly. The closest you can get is exporting and importing the private keys and rescan the blockchain. This is currently not supported in Bitcoin Wallet but maybe will in future (patches welcome).

If you switch your PC wallet to MultiBit, that wallet format (protobuf) is compatible to Bitcoin Wallet. You'll need root on your Android device to push the wallet though.

Whichever route you take, be careful. Its easy to unintentionally double-spend with the same keys in two wallets.

Bananington

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 05:46:45 PM

Sorry, but I have a specific desire to copy my PC wallet to my phone and use it.

You'll probably never be able to copy wallet.dat directly. The closest you can get is exporting and importing the private keys and rescan the blockchain. This is currently not supported in Bitcoin Wallet but maybe will in future (patches welcome).

If you switch your PC wallet to MultiBit, that wallet format (protobuf) is compatible to Bitcoin Wallet. You'll need root on your Android device to push the wallet though.

Whichever route you take, be careful. Its easy to unintentionally double-spend with the same keys in two wallets.

Hey thanks for that solution. I might take that route if I can't succeed in the current route I'm trying.

Sorry for getting off-topic.
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 06:38:10 PM

It also means that if your phone is stolen, so are all the funds from your PC.

Though it can be annoying, I think having a separate mobile wallet and then refilling it from time to time is conceptually the simplest/robust/most secure approach.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 10:55:18 PM

The 'new' version from a few days ago killed my ability to send coins.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
mohawk38

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 11:57:14 AM

The 'new' version from a few days ago killed my ability to send coins.

Same here...  Sad

'Sent' transactions are 'greyed', not broadcasted and stay for days. No idea what to do with it..

HTC Desire
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.