Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 12:13:31 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android  (Read 115106 times)
bitcnjff

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:05:30 PM

Is there an ETA for the following:
 * HD wallet
 * Password protect app
Thnx
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:59:20 AM

HD wallet is in early beta testing now.
Andreas Schildbach

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:51:21 PM

Contact developer to determine how to export an unencrypted private key.

There is no unencrypted export. You could backup your wallet, decrypt that using openssl (see README) then use wallet-tool that comes with bitcoinj to view the wallet and extract the private key.

Is there an ETA for the following:
 * HD wallet
 * Password protect app
Thnx

HD wallet: Soon.
Password/PIN encrypted wallet: Will be the next feature after HD wallet.

Bitcoin Wallet for Android: Your own Bitcoins, in your own pocket!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
sed

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:06:22 PM

I'm quite worried about being about to keep track of my addresses once you implement HD wallet.  I'm not yet onboard with the no address reusing and I'm quite worried that your upgrade to HD wallet will end up with me losing my bitcoins.  I'm sure this has to do with a lack of education on my part, can you comment on this?

Finally, can you comment on my above question with respect to the bitcoin rpc command 'listreceivedbyaddress' and the lack of ability to do this in Bitcoin Wallet for Android?

Andreas Schildbach

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:01:45 AM

I'm quite worried about being about to keep track of my addresses once you implement HD wallet.  I'm not yet onboard with the no address reusing and I'm quite worried that your upgrade to HD wallet will end up with me losing my bitcoins.  I'm sure this has to do with a lack of education on my part, can you comment on this?

Why exactly do you think you'd loose Bitcoins? Maybe it helps if you know the first HD release will never forget addresses. So even if someone continues re-using one of your address, you'll still receive all those transactions.

Finally, can you comment on my above question with respect to the bitcoin rpc command 'listreceivedbyaddress' and the lack of ability to do this in Bitcoin Wallet for Android?

Bitcoin Wallet currently doesn't support any fund separation by design, to keep the app simple. Even if it would, it would probably not use addresses for that but instead manage multiple wallets or HD chains.

Bitcoin Wallet for Android: Your own Bitcoins, in your own pocket!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
Dabs
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1526

64blocks.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:27:06 AM

If your device is rooted, you can see the private key using root explorer.

64blocks.com Social Multiplayer Dice (Gambling) - Escrow Service (Services) - GPG ID: 32AD7565, OTC ID: Dabs
All messages concerning escrow or with bitcoin addresses are GPG signed. Please verify.
CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional, MCSA: Windows 10; Windows Server 2012, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure; Productivity; Messaging
sed

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:30:10 PM

Why exactly do you think you'd loose Bitcoins? Maybe it helps if you know the first HD release will never forget addresses. So even if someone continues re-using one of your address, you'll still receive all those transactions.

Bitcoin Wallet currently doesn't support any fund separation by design, to keep the app simple. Even if it would, it would probably not use addresses for that but instead manage multiple wallets or HD chains.

Thanks Andreas, I obviously need to read up a bit more about HD wallets.  Also, thanks to you for great open-source software that I can modify to implement my own listreceivedbyaddress should I be sufficiently inspired.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:45:31 PM

When I decrypt BW's backup with openssl, it looks like there's a 12-word seed at/near the top of the output. Is that standard to be imported to other clients?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! I sell stuff for BTC here here and here | Skirt & Kilts & Violin For Sale | Voiceover for BTC | Copy editing for BTC | THE Bitcoin Sound is here.
gpg_identity=http://pgp.thebutterzone.com | WoT feedback here & eBay feedback here | Buy BTC in San Diego, CA, or worldwide! | Get paid for taking surveys!
Change my name! "I am __ Satoshi __." | PayPal: Bitcoinese for "FU, I'm getting a chargeback up to 365 days later!" | Bitcoin voice chat
teste

Activity: 316

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:36:18 PM

Hi, Look the screenshot

Device: Xiaomi Mi3
Latest version of Bitcoin Wallet Android
Language: Portuguese Brazilian
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1162

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:13:12 AM

Hi, Look the screenshot

[...]

Device: Xiaomi Mi3
Latest version of Bitcoin Wallet Android
Language: Portuguese Brazilian

Same on a Galaxy Grand. The camera can still be activated, even the icon shows only half.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Nattekat

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:05:19 PM

My mininghost pays me on a daily basis but as a side effect all those huge transactions the app becomes almost unusable. Sending coins to other addresses is almost impossible. I am pretty sure this is unnecessarily, since any crawler can be used to obtain only data I am interested in, without downloading all other addresses in the transaction.

There is no way for me to fix this problem without completly wiping my wallet, something I absolutly don't want to do. Is there any plan to fix this, or is there a workaround for my problem?
RobertKPack

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 12:18:13 PM

Based on bitcoinj, I've created and uploaded a first, experimental Bitcoin wallet implementation for Android:

http://market.android.com/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet

You can send money just by scanning a QR code the app displays. You need to install one of the QR code scanning apps for this to work (e.g. "Goggle").

The app currently only works for testnet. Because testnet is very slow in transaction processing, it currently takes ages to update the wallet. Unfortunately, I can't switch to prodnet, because Android apps only got 4 MB of heap memory and that's not enough for the blockchain. You can use the emulator and assign a max heap size of 32 MB though.

GPLv3'ed source available here: http://code.google.com/p/bitcoin-wallet/

Comments anyone?

Regards,

Andreas

I agree that blockchain handling in BitCoinJ needs a lot of work..any transactions will might be at stake...you need to be sure that it alwasy safe to do it...
rapek

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 01:17:14 PM

I had wallet version 3.56(177) with bitcoins used few months (backuped in Titanium Backup app+data)
I wasnt updating  to v.4.0 and I see that my wallet 3.56 hasnt all my bitcoins (last transactions from a few weeks) after synchronization.

So then I updated wallet to 4.09(199) and it crash every start... So I cleared cache of wallet and reinstall wallet version 4.09(199) and backup only data by Titanium backup (data from wallet version 3.56(177)). When statring wallet i have only white screen with wallet logo (tested for 5hours) and nothing...
What can I do?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:54:23 AM

Thanks for the corrections :

- correction of the network statut (delay in weeks or day before BTC is displayed) after have insert a private IP adress from a bitcoin core server

- add of phrase to warning user to not store a high amount of BTC on a phone when you raise a specific amount (  Grin ... )

French ... but not so much   ---===---   P2P ... it's people at the end   ---===---   P2Pool (10,9 GH/s).
Comment miner des bitcoins ? Un tutoriel est là : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1114415.0
Bitcoin change everything ... an explain of this fact : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:56:54 AM

What can I do?

Nothing ... if you don't have back it up from the android wallet (specific menu "security" with the line "backup wallet now"), the backup file store in the "download" folder on SDCARD0 (internal memory on v4.3 android, external memory on v4.2 or older android).

You have cleared the install (data of application), your phone have erased the wallet file with this process.

French ... but not so much   ---===---   P2P ... it's people at the end   ---===---   P2Pool (10,9 GH/s).
Comment miner des bitcoins ? Un tutoriel est là : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1114415.0
Bitcoin change everything ... an explain of this fact : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Director of Bitcoin100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:27:14 PM

What can I do?

Nothing ... if you don't have back it up from the android wallet (specific menu "security" with the line "backup wallet now"), the backup file store in the "download" folder on SDCARD0 (internal memory on v4.3 android, external memory on v4.2 or older android).

You have cleared the install (data of application), your phone have erased the wallet file with this process.

Titanium Backup, if done on a rooted phone, should back up ALL data, unless this wallet stores its private keys in some strange location.

Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:37:24 PM

... OK, it's true, i have missed the point of the wallet backup in the memory of phone.
(be carefull, titanium backup don't store the SDCARD0). Wink

Nattekat

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:39:44 AM

Since my own thread doesn't get much attention I'm going to ask it here:

Is there by chance any method to remove an address from my wallet? Either by modifying the backup (which I just can't decode for some reason) or in the app itself?

I have an address that receives many big transactions and it completly kills the app, yet I want to keep using the other addresses that I have if possible.
btchris

Activity: 630

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 11:19:18 PM

Is there by chance any method to remove an address from my wallet? Either by modifying the backup (which I just can't decode for some reason) or in the app itself?

I have an address that receives many big transactions and it completly kills the app, yet I want to keep using the other addresses that I have if possible.

Assuming that the address you want to remove was created prior to version 4.0 (roughly the beginning of October), and that you're running a recent version today (3.47 or later), it is theoretically possible but would be a giant pain, not to mention fraught with peril. (If you're currently running a version older than 3.47, it's actually much easier. If the address you want to remove was created after version 4.0, it may not even be possible).

So, how important is it to keep your old addresses? Is it worth a few hours of your time? More importantly, is it worth paying somebody else for a few hours of their time to figure out and document how to do this (would involve decrypting a backup (easyish), modifying a protobuf-format wallet file (not so easy...), and re-encrypting it (easyish) so that it can be restored in the app)?

If you're an IT person and would like to try figuring it out yourself, I could give you some starting points, but like I said it won't be easy....
sed

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:30:10 PM

Assuming that the address you want to remove was created prior to version 4.0 (roughly the beginning of October), and that you're running a recent version today (3.47 or later), it is theoretically possible but would be a giant pain, not to mention fraught with peril. (If you're currently running version 3.47 or older, it's actually much easier. If the address you want to remove was created after version 4.0, it may not even be possible).

So, how important is it to keep you old addresses? Is it worth a few hours of your time? More importantly, is it worth paying somebody else for a few hours of their time to figure out and document how to do this (would involve decrypting a backup (easyish), modifying a protobuf-format wallet file (not so easy...), and re-encrypting it (easyish) so that it can be restored in the app)?

If you're an IT person and would like to try figuring it out yourself, I could give you some starting points, but like I said it won't be easy....

I've decrypted the exported key backup files before.  The format was just a plain text format---pretty easy to modify if you wanted to do so.  I don't know if that's the protobuf thing you're talking about or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.