Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:52:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061069 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
azdarknet

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:17:54 AM

I am trying to change the default payout and it doesn't seem to be taking, I set it for .1 and on the right pane it still shows the standard default and time frame. I tried setting it to the minimum, below default and the same thing. Left it there for a bit and it seems no pay out was initiated. If one were to want to withdraw all coins regardless of the amount, above minimum, how would they go about this?

Thanks for reading.

Did you use the your BTC address to sign the message allowing the changes to be saved?

Quote right from the page:
"You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures for your mining address to sign options!"

I would guess you didn't read the entire page.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:35:14 AM

I am trying to change the default payout and it doesn't seem to be taking, I set it for .1 and on the right pane it still shows the standard default and time frame. I tried setting it to the minimum, below default and the same thing. Left it there for a bit and it seems no pay out was initiated. If one were to want to withdraw all coins regardless of the amount, above minimum, how would they go about this?

Thanks for reading.

Did you use the your BTC address to sign the message allowing the changes to be saved?

"You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures for your mining address to sign options!"

So unless my client allowed signed messages I could never withdraw all my coin? I did read that but mother of all fuck ups assumed I was fine giving this pool a test run.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:40:19 AM

Thanks for reading.

So unless my client allowed signed messages I could never withdraw all my coin? I did read that but mother of all fuck ups assumed I was fine giving this pool a test run.

As far as I know all clients allow signed messages, except for maybe a couple of online services. Not even sure of that, since I know you could do it with Empty Gox and that you can with Blockchain.info. I think I can do it from Coinbase as well, though I haven't checked since I only use them as an exchange.

At any rate, if you can prove your address to Wizkid's satisfaction, I'm sure he can arrange something. I'd contact him.
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:45:01 AM

Thanks for reading.

You don't initiate withdrawals, payments are made when blocks are found. If your balance is above the minimum then you get paid once your shares are in the front of the queue. If your coins are already above the minimum you don't need to do anything, payments are automatic.
xZork

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:59:25 AM

Thanks for reading.

You don't initiate withdrawals, payments are made when blocks are found. If your balance is above the minimum then you get paid once your shares are in the front of the queue. If your coins are already above the minimum you don't need to do anything, payments are automatic.

Okay, so my full balance will be paid out once it reaches the front of queue.

Thank you!

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:03:07 AM

Thanks for reading.

Thank you!

Yes, and if for some reason you stop mining (move to another pool or whatever) then your full balance, even below the threshold (no matter how small) will be paid out to you in 6 or 7 days, IIRC.  If you have any mining activity then this timer is reset.  

If you are mining, once your balance gets above the threshold, you are added to the queue.  The queue functions in the strict order of "time since last payout".  You could set your threshold so that you are paid out daily, on average.  (I think this is what most Eligius miners do, judging from my observations of the queue.)  You could set your threshold so that you are paid out weekly, on average.  There are trade-offs both ways.  If you set your threshold low so that you get paid out daily (or even more frequently) then you could easily find yourself at the bottom of the queue, behind 25 blocks' worth of payouts, every time you hit your threshold; so it could take 6-12 hours to get paid out once you hit your threshold.  If you set your threshold high enough that you get paid out weekly, you will usually find yourself at the very top of the queue once you hit your threshold, and you should be paid out within an hour or two.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:49:56 AM

Thanks for reading.

Thank you!
If you change any of your settings, they can sometimes take up to an hour to take effect.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
xZork

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:14:39 AM

Thanks for the responses! I appreciate you taking the time.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
lowerjerzey

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:04:27 PM

As far as I know all clients allow signed messages, except for maybe a couple of online services. Not even sure of that, since I know you could do it with Empty Gox and that you can with Blockchain.info. I think I can do it from Coinbase as well, though I haven't checked since I only use them as an exchange.

At any rate, if you can prove your address to Wizkid's satisfaction, I'm sure he can arrange something. I'd contact him.

Android's Bitcoin Wallet doesn't sign messages.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:44:44 PM

My miners can't reach gbt.mining.eligius.st:9337
http://eligius.st also seems to load in very slow now for some reason.
Whats going on?

EDIT: Changed my miners to stratum. It seems to work now. =/

Jacko

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:47:34 PM

I can get the eligius homepage from your link and all my miners are hashing away and shares are being accepted.

It's probably an issue with just the stats page and nothing to do with the mining pool which is completely separate.

praeluceo

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:28:32 PM

Android's Bitcoin Wallet doesn't sign messages.

Mine does, what client are you using? I'm using Mycelium. If you are referring to the generic "Bitcoin" app, you probably shouldn't be using that one, let alone mining into it. It's very insecure and lacks PIN support, wallet differentiation, standard wallet import/export, and a ton of other functionality I would consider a "must" in a wallet. on-device encryption being really high on my list. Mycelium is also a lot easier to use. Oh, and Bitcoin for Android doesn't support the new wallet format (base-58) either, so it's not terribly useful outside of itself.

Why did you choose that wallet over a more secure/featureful/easy-to-use one like Mycelium? For reference, I use a combination of cold storage (paper) wallets (mining), hot wallets on my laptop in Armory, and a liquid wallet with a small balance that's available both in Armory on the computer and Mycelium on my phone, which is the only wallet I spend from.
DustyRah

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:37:07 AM

Hi,

One of my machines mining is giving low shares rewarded percentage and I am wondering what is up with that and if there is anything i can do about it.

You could take a look here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1LPhd9ekCKqYZoeQrstbTtBWAZq1X5C9fK

My other machines have close to 100% shares rewarded so I appreciate anyone's feedback as to what is up and how I can explain this to my little brain~  Huh

Thank you very much your help!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:35:09 AM

Hi,

One of my machines mining is giving low shares rewarded percentage and I am wondering what is up with that and if there is anything i can do about it.

You could take a look here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1LPhd9ekCKqYZoeQrstbTtBWAZq1X5C9fK

My other machines have close to 100% shares rewarded so I appreciate anyone's feedback as to what is up and how I can explain this to my little brain~  Huh

Nothing to do with your hardware, pool luck is down for the past few days thats all.  Over time with constant mining everyone should be in the upper 90s.  It takes a while to average out though, especially if you start mining during an unlucky spot.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
lowerjerzey

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:41:28 AM

Mine does, what client are you using? I'm using Mycelium. If you are referring to the generic "Bitcoin" app, you probably shouldn't be using that one, let alone mining into it. It's very insecure and lacks PIN support, wallet differentiation, standard wallet import/export, and a ton of other functionality I would consider a "must" in a wallet. on-device encryption being really high on my list. Mycelium is also a lot easier to use. Oh, and Bitcoin for Android doesn't support the new wallet format (base-58) either, so it's not terribly useful outside of itself.

Why did you choose that wallet over a more secure/featureful/easy-to-use one like Mycelium? For reference, I use a combination of cold storage (paper) wallets (mining), hot wallets on my laptop in Armory, and a liquid wallet with a small balance that's available both in Armory on the computer and Mycelium on my phone, which is the only wallet I spend from.

I downloaded all the wallet apps to check them out. I don't keep a wallet on my phone, it's rather pointless at this point in time. Why do I need to walk around with bitcoins in my pocket(Bitcoin vending machines would be cool)? If I did find a use for a phone wallet, I'd take the "generic" app over mycelium or blockchain.info anyways. Why? It's decentralized. If the others go dark, you won't have access to your coins until they come back online or you migrate your private keys. Features?  What features do you need for a pocket wallet? My actual wallet that I put real dollars in only folds in half. It also gives and receives. That's all you really need in a bitcoin pocket wallet. As for security, you can encrypt the private key. If someone, somehow got my phone when it is unlocked, they can't do jack except view my balance and transactions, unless I stupidly didn't encrypt. How much BTC do you keep on your phone anyways? How much money do you keep in your real wallet? Plus, if they did get my unlocked phone, they could do more damage with my non-pin protected email, google authenticator and texting. With the authenticator, they can see what accounts I use for 2 step verification.  They'll have access to my email and the authenticator to reset passwords and access my accounts. They could really screw me over by reading my emails and discovering that I use coinbase.  Go, to the site, forgot password, get text message, reset password, access, buy coins, and steal them.

So, the other wallets really don't one up the "generic" wallet. A pocket wallet should be generic and featureless like an actual real wallet. Lot's of features could lead to users making it their main wallet. Bad. I don't walk around with my savings account in my pocket. The generic wallet is secure and it sends and it receives, done. If anything, I hate the thought of having to rely on some third party to keep my wallet alive. Plus, they relay the blockchain. They could feed wrong information. Not that big of a deal other than your wallet balance would be wrong, but why not just connect to the actual blockchain.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
DustyRah

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:04:54 AM

Hi,

Nothing to do with your hardware, pool luck is down for the past few days thats all.  Over time with constant mining everyone should be in the upper 90s.  It takes a while to average out though, especially if you start mining during an unlucky spot.

-wk

Ah, I got it...that makes sense and its true this box got started about 10 days ago while the others have been running for many months. Hope lucky times get back soon~
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:18:52 AM

Is it just me or is everyone getting blank pages on all web pages?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Jacko

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:22:49 AM

It might still be the DDoS problem as just before it went blank the total pool hash rate droped to a third as did mine and the stats page was really screwed up data wise and then it went off. My miners are all sending in accepted shares so it must be just the front end pages. I hope. Fingers crossed.
Multipulty

Activity: 399

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:09:28 AM

Is it just me or is everyone getting blank pages on all web pages?

me too
pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:46:29 AM

I don't have miners with me now... Are shares continuing to be accepted ? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: