Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:01:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061069 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:55:40 PM

So how does the pool work, I think the pool is broken, I have been mining for days and I'm not getting paid?

Hey, hey, only joking! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gorgatron

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:17:04 AM

So, my mining tower that controls my rigs and was the heart of my tiny operation bit the dust a little over a week ago, shortly after TodaysGandalf conflated me using curse words in my posts with using them to 'prove' a point. Not going back to quote, but to get this out there: Curse words do no prove points. They act as a kind of discourse marker in many instances. Somewhere between punctuation and adjectives. They are special, and I fucking love them. They are more laborious, yet more effective than most emoticons, of which I'm not generally fond.  Undecided

I'm sorry to see that not much has changed in the way of problems plaguing the site (notice I don't say 'pool' - my KnC kept going the whole time, except with a hiccup that I assume is tied to the notice regarding outdated - or 'broken' - firmware... noted and updated). Nice to see that people still are not reading previous posts and repeating questions and information on the very page they post them. I'd be disappointed if too many users started to display a little gumption. Also glad to see that next to people wondering if the pool's down (guess failover is passe), the number one point of conflict is the stats page. I've noticed often in the past the graphs suffer, but the numbers regarding how much I have until next payout works. I think I would be fine just seeing my pool hashrate in current increments (maybe one or two less options), and what I'm earning. Sure, who doesn't love graphs? But, if they are a source of constant discussion of a negative kind, and a FREE service to which many users now feel entitled, I question the logic of attempting such robust metrics if those who might complain are not paying for a product they claim to either desperately want or need. Some mention that these stats help them keep track of their miners while away. That's not the provider's problem, though a consideration it should be. I'm not callous to the need. I install software on my PC and phone so I can monitor everything while I'm away and shut it all down if needed. If I think the house will burn up, I push a button, and the draw at the wall falls significantly. I can also check whether my miners are connected to the pool, or failover has taken place. Pretty convenient.

Why is it that all things BTC are a magnet for DDoS? Seriously. Why? Do the attackers really think the can ransom a few hundred bucks per day by causing some glitches in site use that be both overcome, and eventually, hopefully - with the right tools and resources (saw a user offering to help, as he does this often - good idea, but understand perhaps some hesitation to move any duties related tot he site beyond the two core members). Still, I don't quite get why BTC-related sites are such a magnet. I'm not online much (main computer is often offline, even), but I don't see this problem as often elsewhere. No one need take much time to explain it. The technical aspects will go over my head, though the philosophical ones likely won't. I'm more certain you have better things to do with your time.

It's nice to be back Eligius thread. It's as though I never left (that's meant both positively and wryly at the same time - some of you are very funny [see post directly above], and I enjoy the banter... the whining is always a downer, though).
azdarknet

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:25:24 AM

It's nice to be back Eligius thread. It's as though I never left (that's meant both positively and wryly at the same time - some of you are very funny [see post directly above], and I enjoy the banter... the whining is always a downer, though).

Welcome back, so ummm do you know if NMC payments are working I haven't gotten any since 3/8/2014......

Grin
blubberli

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:42:15 AM

so ummm do you know if NMC payments are working I haven't gotten any since 3/8/2014......

For some reason the side Namecoin mining appears to have stopped about a month or so ago...has merged Namecoin mining been disabled?

Last I heard they got hacked (or, at least, noticed suspicious activity) and temporarily shut down NMC.

There was a bug in some old stats code that allowed some SQL injection to the web stats (fixed here) and someone used it to mess up the web server side copy of the My Eligius data.  The pool servers were in no way affected by any of this.  The web server, by definition, is considered insecure and not able to affect pool operations.  Everything pulled from the webserver (signatures for options) is re-verified on other servers.  So, even if an attacker were actually able to compromise the web server (which they didn't) it wouldn't have any real effect.

The NMC payout code runs on another server, pulls this data, reverifies the signatures, and then pays out the proper amount of NMC.  The issue was that my code for re-verifying the signatures was broken and I didn't realize, so, one set of payouts got messed up and used corrupt data.  I fixed the stats bug, fixed any broken options from the previous day's backup, and am in the process of completely rewriting and testing the NMC payout code.

My time has been extremely limited.  Combine that with battling constant DDoS attacks against the pool for nearly a week now and I hope you can understand why this isn't quite complete yet.  I am working on it, haven't forgotten about it, and it will get done.  Also, when I do make the next NMC payout it will include backpay from the last valid payout (Mar 8th I believe off the top of my head) to the next valid payout.  The pool is still mining NMC for you guys and everyone will be paid their NMC.

No offense to anyone, but I have been ignoring most questions about whats going on about NMC (via PM, email, IRC, etc) just because answering the same question 1000x is a waste of time I should be using to actually work on the problem.

Stay tuned.  I'm hoping to have it done today, but no promises.

-wk

azdarknet

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:52:50 AM

Welcome back, so ummm do you know if NMC payments are working I haven't gotten any since 3/8/2014......

Grin

For some reason the side Namecoin mining appears to have stopped about a month or so ago...has merged Namecoin mining been disabled?

Last I heard they got hacked (or, at least, noticed suspicious activity) and temporarily shut down NMC.

There was a bug in some old stats code that allowed some SQL injection to the web stats (fixed here) and someone used it to mess up the web server side copy of the My Eligius data.  The pool servers were in no way affected by any of this.  The web server, by definition, is considered insecure and not able to affect pool operations.  Everything pulled from the webserver (signatures for options) is re-verified on other servers.  So, even if an attacker were actually able to compromise the web server (which they didn't) it wouldn't have any real effect.

The NMC payout code runs on another server, pulls this data, reverifies the signatures, and then pays out the proper amount of NMC.  The issue was that my code for re-verifying the signatures was broken and I didn't realize, so, one set of payouts got messed up and used corrupt data.  I fixed the stats bug, fixed any broken options from the previous day's backup, and am in the process of completely rewriting and testing the NMC payout code.

My time has been extremely limited.  Combine that with battling constant DDoS attacks against the pool for nearly a week now and I hope you can understand why this isn't quite complete yet.  I am working on it, haven't forgotten about it, and it will get done.  Also, when I do make the next NMC payout it will include backpay from the last valid payout (Mar 8th I believe off the top of my head) to the next valid payout.  The pool is still mining NMC for you guys and everyone will be paid their NMC.

No offense to anyone, but I have been ignoring most questions about whats going on about NMC (via PM, email, IRC, etc) just because answering the same question 1000x is a waste of time I should be using to actually work on the problem.

Stay tuned.  I'm hoping to have it done today, but no promises.

-wk

You missed the  Grin   in my post....

*****Face palm*****
blubberli

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:56:55 AM

You missed the  Grin   in my post....

Sorry, it's 8 a.m. here and still no coffee in sight.   Wink

azdarknet

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:02:27 AM

You missed the  Grin   in my post....

Sorry, it's 8 a.m. here and still no coffee in sight.   Wink

Carry on! Get some coffee stat!
gorgatron

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:47:39 AM

so ummm do you know if NMC payments are working I haven't gotten any since 3/8/2014......

There was a bug in some old stats code that allowed some SQL injection to the web stats (fixed here) and someone used it to mess up the web server side copy of the My Eligius data.  The pool servers were in no way affected by any of this.  The web server, by definition, is considered insecure and not able to affect pool operations.  Everything pulled from the webserver (signatures for options) is re-verified on other servers.  So, even if an attacker were actually able to compromise the web server (which they didn't) it wouldn't have any real effect.

The NMC payout code runs on another server, pulls this data, reverifies the signatures, and then pays out the proper amount of NMC.  The issue was that my code for re-verifying the signatures was broken and I didn't realize, so, one set of payouts got messed up and used corrupt data.  I fixed the stats bug, fixed any broken options from the previous day's backup, and am in the process of completely rewriting and testing the NMC payout code.

My time has been extremely limited.  Combine that with battling constant DDoS attacks against the pool for nearly a week now and I hope you can understand why this isn't quite complete yet.  I am working on it, haven't forgotten about it, and it will get done.  Also, when I do make the next NMC payout it will include backpay from the last valid payout (Mar 8th I believe off the top of my head) to the next valid payout.  The pool is still mining NMC for you guys and everyone will be paid their NMC.

Stay tuned.  I'm hoping to have it done today, but no promises.

-wk

lol exactly!
gorgatron

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:49:11 AM

Grin

There was a bug in some old stats code that allowed some SQL injection to the web stats (fixed here) and someone used it to mess up the web server side copy of the My Eligius data.  The pool servers were in no way affected by any of this.  The web server, by definition, is considered insecure and not able to affect pool operations.  Everything pulled from the webserver (signatures for options) is re-verified on other servers.  So, even if an attacker were actually able to compromise the web server (which they didn't) it wouldn't have any real effect.

The NMC payout code runs on another server, pulls this data, reverifies the signatures, and then pays out the proper amount of NMC.  The issue was that my code for re-verifying the signatures was broken and I didn't realize, so, one set of payouts got messed up and used corrupt data.  I fixed the stats bug, fixed any broken options from the previous day's backup, and am in the process of completely rewriting and testing the NMC payout code.

My time has been extremely limited.  Combine that with battling constant DDoS attacks against the pool for nearly a week now and I hope you can understand why this isn't quite complete yet.  I am working on it, haven't forgotten about it, and it will get done.  Also, when I do make the next NMC payout it will include backpay from the last valid payout (Mar 8th I believe off the top of my head) to the next valid payout.  The pool is still mining NMC for you guys and everyone will be paid their NMC.

Stay tuned.  I'm hoping to have it done today, but no promises.

-wk

You missed the  Grin   in my post....

*****Face palm*****

lol also, exactly!
pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:01:40 PM

is all ok with stats ? Now i can't access to my miners and I see stats low on www eligius page
robix

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:07:45 PM

is all ok with stats ? Now i can't access to my miners and I see stats low on www eligius page
Try Ctrl+F5 in your browser.
pedrosoft

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:11:51 PM

Try Ctrl+F5 in your browser.

nothing to do.... low stats for me Sad
Todamont

Activity: 599
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:32:02 PM

Is it just me or has this pool been insanely unlucky recently?
gorgatron

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:31:21 PM

Okay, I see some wonkiness took place last night for a few others, but not many.

My stats were just a bit off (not an issue, could be latency), but there was a stat/issue that was troubling. My KnC (moved to the stadard port after FW update by WK's writ!) just dropped out of the pool. No failover. Hashrate dropped from 143 GH/s to ~800 MH/s. Tried to get it going, and no dice.

My BFL units still showed they were hashing, but the stats for that ~175 GH/s dropped out, too. All that was showing was ~70 GH/s from my TechnoBit miners.

This was at around 2 am CST, I want to say, but can't be exact, unfortunately. BFGminer showed that the BFL units were hashing again at Eligius, but stats still didn't reflect this. This was an hour ago when I tried again... or was able to try again. I'm sure it was hshing, as I saw a bit of buildup in shares, so it seems the hashrate stat was mainly affected.

I've mainly just stuck to the pool despite stats, but when a miner drops the pool and won't reconnect, I decided to switch. I've taken my small op to another pool for the next hours until I hear more feedback from the pool. If all is kosher again, I'll try to move the KnC. If it will connect to the pool, I'll be good. As mentioned, I don't worry about the stats as long as I can see shares being processed. That stopped for both my BFL units (using bfgminer) and the KnC (also bfgminer). maybe just a fluke on my end with the BFL units. I just had to rebuild my system, and it's buggy. Doesn't explain the KnC instance, nor why the TechnoBit units still showed in my stats. Just odd. I've read the rest of the thread from the days I was out of commission, and noticed all the posts regarding DDoS, but didn't think it would affect the pool, nor do I still think it necessarily would. I might attribute the oddness I saw in the stats page to that, but the rest is odd. I've witnessed the network drop before, where I couldn't access Eligius nor two failovers - switched to PPC for a few hours - but this was isolated to Eligius, as far as I could tell. I had forgotten my BTCguild account and made a new one last night and connected right away. I'm there for now (until I can build up a small payout, and then try Eligius again).

Anyone else notice anything remotely similar? Just trying to figure out what might be on my end, what's up with the KnC, and why the TechnoBits never fell. lol - No panicking, just curious if anyone noticed the same issues, and if they somehow resolved them. Hope to switch back later. Just upped my donation, but guess I wasn't quick enough. lol jk  Again, some of this may be on my end. I've had a lot of issues getting the BFL units working properly after rebuilding y system, and my KnC has been wonky off-and-on for a few weeks. You know, the usual. Wink
pedrosoft

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

Okay, I see some wonkiness took place last night for a few others, but not many.

My stats were just a bit off (not an issue, could be latency), but there was a stat/issue that was troubling. My KnC (moved to the stadard port after FW update by WK's writ!) just dropped out of the pool. No failover. Hashrate dropped from 143 GH/s to ~800 MH/s. Tried to get it going, and no dice.

My BFL units still showed they were hashing, but the stats for that ~175 GH/s dropped out, too. All that was showing was ~70 GH/s from my TechnoBit miners.

This was at around 2 am CST, I want to say, but can't be exact, unfortunately. BFGminer showed that the BFL units were hashing again at Eligius, but stats still didn't reflect this. This was an hour ago when I tried again... or was able to try again. I'm sure it was hshing, as I saw a bit of buildup in shares, so it seems the hashrate stat was mainly affected.

I've mainly just stuck to the pool despite stats, but when a miner drops the pool and won't reconnect, I decided to switch. I've taken my small op to another pool for the next hours until I hear more feedback from the pool. If all is kosher again, I'll try to move the KnC. If it will connect to the pool, I'll be good. As mentioned, I don't worry about the stats as long as I can see shares being processed. That stopped for both my BFL units (using bfgminer) and the KnC (also bfgminer). maybe just a fluke on my end with the BFL units. I just had to rebuild my system, and it's buggy. Doesn't explain the KnC instance, nor why the TechnoBit units still showed in my stats. Just odd. I've read the rest of the thread from the days I was out of commission, and noticed all the posts regarding DDoS, but didn't think it would affect the pool, nor do I still think it necessarily would. I might attribute the oddness I saw in the stats page to that, but the rest is odd. I've witnessed the network drop before, where I couldn't access Eligius nor two failovers - switched to PPC for a few hours - but this was isolated to Eligius, as far as I could tell. I had forgotten my BTCguild account and made a new one last night and connected right away. I'm there for now (until I can build up a small payout, and then try Eligius again).

Anyone else notice anything remotely similar? Just trying to figure out what might be on my end, what's up with the KnC, and why the TechnoBits never fell. lol - No panicking, just curious if anyone noticed the same issues, and if they somehow resolved them. Hope to switch back later. Just upped my donation, but guess I wasn't quick enough. lol jk  Again, some of this may be on my end. I've had a lot of issues getting the BFL units working properly after rebuilding y system, and my KnC has been wonky off-and-on for a few weeks. You know, the usual. Wink

I have the same experience. My miners showed regular hashrate, but eligius shows low stats.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:23:31 PM

Eligius bases its stats on shares accepted by the pool, which can have variance.

Nothing pool side can cause your hardware to behave differently.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
pedrosoft

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:25:50 PM

Eligius bases its stats on shares accepted by the pool, which can have variance.

I've just control my miners. They work as usual but pool shows low hashrate
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:31:44 PM

Just want to note that Eligius has been under constant DDoS attacks for well over a week now.  Mitigation sometimes requires temporarily killing one or more public facing IPs and letting miners reconnect to others.  As long as you're using the proper hostname, stratum.mining.eligius.st, then your miners should do all of this automatically.

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:32:22 PM

I've just control my miners. They work as usual but pool shows low hashrate

If your miners are showing a low pool-side hashrate, then that is because of your miners or network connection.

nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:34:07 PM

Just want to note that Eligius has been under constant DDoS attacks for well over a week now.  Mitigation sometimes requires temporarily killing one or more public facing IPs and letting miners reconnect to others.  As long as you're using the proper hostname, stratum.mining.eligius.st, then your miners should do all of this automatically.

What a ball-ache wk - how can you mitigate against this kind of anal attack... More servers is all I can think of... Keep up the good effort!

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: