Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:15:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:45:47 PM

Thanks you two Smiley

I know about all the ins and outs, but it still peeves me off.

And having a big hangover doesn't help much.

I feel you. If it helps: You are not alone...  Cheesy

Be happy that either way you are an early adopter of the most groundbreaking technology of the last 20 years.

So even if you think mining doesn't pay you well.... your mining DOES HELP the bitcoin network stay stable and strong.

So I suggest you keep on mining AND buying bitcoin regularly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:34:13 PM

20% dif increase -- wtf

all these increases really F**K me off

Everywhere you look there's people trying to get people interested in Bitcoin - but to be honest -
- increases  make it pretty impossible to earn anything.

Why would you want to invest in mining Bitcoin when you see your investment get wiped out in the same month- ordered 2 S1 - making 5
set them up 3rd June and by end of June they pretty much not earning a penny just back to where I was before Sad

I am not after earning a million ,  a return of investment and a little on top would be nice.

I really hope something bad happens to the greedy people  who are forcing  small scale users like me out Sad

Let me get this straight. You're adding mining capacity to your farm AND you're complaining because other "greedy people" are doing the same?!

Pot calling the kettle black, I guess.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:19:09 PM

Is there some payout system with Eligius? Do they pay out once in 24 hours, or how do they handle this. Before i had to write a ticket to get 2.4 BTC, and now they are again cumulated 2.8 BTC. I am doing something wrong?

Usually, your miner has a BTC address for the account name.  The shares are credited to this account, and you can view them on the web.  They pay out at a default threshold.  It is all automatic, and the default are reasonable.  The threshold is something like 0.04 BTC at the moment.

If you publish your payout address, anyone can look at the statistics and see if anything seems odd.

I try to be respectful and informed.
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 03:30:58 PM

I'm trying to log on to my page and I'm currently getting a 502 bad gateway error.  My miners seem to be hashing though.

Anyone else having problems?
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:34:06 PM

I'm trying to log on to my page and I'm currently getting a 502 bad gateway error.  My miners seem to be hashing though.

Anyone else having problems?

Yes, me too!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
thecr4ne

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:34:44 PM

I get "500 internal server error" but otherwise same result.
fiona6622

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:01:44 PM

Is there some payout system with Eligius? Do they pay out once in 24 hours, or how do they handle this. Before i had to write a ticket to get 2.4 BTC, and now they are again cumulated 2.8 BTC. I am doing something wrong?

Usually, your miner has a BTC address for the account name.  The shares are credited to this account, and you can view them on the web.  They pay out at a default threshold.  It is all automatic, and the default are reasonable.  The threshold is something like 0.04 BTC at the moment.

If you publish your payout address, anyone can look at the statistics and see if anything seems odd.

Yes i know this, my threshold is set on 0.04 but unlike other pools, this one again don't pay out. My question was if some one does know in which intervals the threshold is being paid out. Every 24 hours, every 2 days or every 3 days. Any one got any ideea?
sciack

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:16:05 PM

I get "500 internal server error" but otherwise same result.

same here, front end seems to be down
crashoveride54902

Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:54:15 PM

Usually, your miner has a BTC address for the account name.  The shares are credited to this account, and you can view them on the web.  They pay out at a default threshold.  It is all automatic, and the default are reasonable.  The threshold is something like 0.04 BTC at the moment.

Yes i know this, my threshold is set on 0.04 but unlike other pools, this one again don't pay out. My question was if some one does know in which intervals the threshold is being paid out. Every 24 hours, every 2 days or every 3 days. Any one got any ideea?

look on your page...you'll see something like "164.76965403 BTC are ahead in queue, putting this user's payout after a 6 block delay." this is mine...so in 6 blocks i'll get a payout...it is on the right hand side...near the middle

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Majixagi

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:50:28 PM

Right now the payment interval looks like 2 days, 17 hours and 41 minutes. If you have waited longer than that and you are over threshold then you should be paid shortly. Click "payout queue" on your stats page and it should be pretty clear.

has not sold out
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:49:53 PM

Actually, it does pay out.  It pays all 25 BTC to miners every block that the pool finds.  What is hard to predict is who it pays.

For example, if a block is orphaned, suddenly those people were not actually paid, so they go back into the queue.  Since they were at the top of the queue before, they are at the top of the queue again, and everybody else is farther down.

Someone with a small mining rig, such as a Batch #2 Avalon  Grin, might earn enough to cross their pay threshold but be 7 days since they were last paid.  The queue is paid out by oldest first, so they might jump to the top of the queue suddenly, and push a large mining rig into a later block.

Bitskint

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:27:20 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 07:39:29 PM by Bitskint

I really hope something bad happens to the greedy people  who are forcing  small scale users like me out Sad

Let me get this straight. You're adding mining capacity to your farm AND you're complaining because other "greedy people" are doing the same?!

I was referring to the people  with 100's of Th. +

Not the ones with a few.

It is those who are hurting  the difficulty - adding masses of machines.

In the long term, they do hurt the little people like me and others who make a little and are not greedy.

So it is not exactly  a Pot calling a Kettle , and yes I want to earn - as we all do.

Personally I have almost 1 ( 5 x S1 miners ) - and waiting for ROI still.

1BkQfrRarYhu8QdMTXUs748oYiSyTw24bv

This damned hangover is still hurting LOL , and I don't want sympathy as it
was self inflicted - suppose last night was a scream and makes it worth it Cheesy

p.s. I did not really mean  i wish harm to them, I am really not like that, and wish I had not
said it. I am anti harm in any circumstance -- an Anti War kind of person to be honest.  Peace and all that Smiley

So I take it back Cheesy

1M68XehjYww77DLgwW9rk2zRid8Z8B7uw7 <-- my new BTC addy since Cryptsy took everything
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:36:59 PM

I was referring to the people  with 100's of Th. +

Not the ones with a few.

It is those who are hurting  the difficulty - adding masses of machines.

In the long term, they do hurt the little people like me and others who make a little and are not greedy.

So it is not exactly  a Pot calling a Kettle , and yes I want to earn - as we all do.

was self inflicted - suppose last night was a scream and makes it worth it Cheesy

It's called The Tragedy of the Commons.  A seminal paper was written in Science in 1968 by Garrett Hardin.  It happens with fishing, timber, open range grazing, and now bitcoin mining.

You are a peer to all the other miners.  To everyone else, you are one of the greedy others who is stealing their profits.

I don't know of anyone who has purchased mining equipment after the Batch #2 Avalons who has achieved breakeven, even though everyone has made ROI, whatever their own ROI number is.

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:47:18 PM

Oh, and Garrett Hardin was from Dallas, as am I.  This makes us saturated our entire life in Mercantile philosophy.

Oddly enough, I think the Tragedy of the Commons is the rebuttal that explains why Ayn Rand is wrong.  I bet Dr. Hardin would have agreed.

Bitskint

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:53:32 PM

It's called The Tragedy of the Commons.  A seminal paper was written in Science in 1968 by Garrett Hardin.  It happens with fishing, timber, open range grazing, and now bitcoin mining.

You are a peer to all the other miners.  To everyone else, you are one of the greedy others who is stealing their profits.

I don't know of anyone who has purchased mining equipment after the Batch #2 Avalons who has achieved breakeven, even though everyone has made ROI, whatever their own ROI number is.

Thank you for that link Smiley

1M68XehjYww77DLgwW9rk2zRid8Z8B7uw7 <-- my new BTC addy since Cryptsy took everything
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:08:20 PM

Usually, your miner has a BTC address for the account name.  The shares are credited to this account, and you can view them on the web.  They pay out at a default threshold.  It is all automatic, and the default are reasonable.  The threshold is something like 0.04 BTC at the moment.

Read the post in my sig for a very detailed explanation of the payment queue.

With your seemingly high hashrate and your low payout threshold, you are hitting your threshold very quickly every time, but this puts you all the way at the bottom of the queue, so it will take you a long time to get paid out because people will keep jumping ahead of you in the queue as they hit their thresholds and they have gone longer without a payment than you have.  I recommend setting your payment threshold to ~2 days worth of hashing, this will reduce your payout variance significantly but you still might go 3 or 4 days between payments sometimes.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
crashoveride54902

Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:41:48 PM

I was referring to the people  with 100's of Th. +

Not the ones with a few.

It is those who are hurting  the difficulty - adding masses of machines.

So it is not exactly  a Pot calling a Kettle , and yes I want to earn - as we all do.

well you don't know me but my knc jup has ROI'd Smiley and that was bought 2nd hand for around 25.4btc Smiley and the 2nd jup. i bought a cpl months ago is about to ROI too...but my 3rd nov jup i lost track on when it'll ROI if it will...but i'll just keep a mining Smiley

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
xstr8guy

Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:24:51 PM

Why is the Eligius payout queue so ridiculously obtuse? Other pools don't have this problem.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:36:11 PM

well you don't know me but my knc jup has ROI'd Smiley and that was bought 2nd hand for around 25.4btc Smiley and the 2nd jup. i bought a cpl months ago is about to ROI too...but my 3rd nov jup i lost track on when it'll ROI if it will...but i'll just keep a mining Smiley

It's great to hear that you have made breakeven.  I looked at some Avalon modules today, and they are selling for almost 2X the expected return.  I don't know a way to buy more mining hardware and make money today.  I turned my Avalons off the first week in June.

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:40:58 PM

Why is the Eligius payout queue so ridiculously obtuse? Other pools don't have this problem.

He tried to run a pool with 0% fee, but also without going broke, and in a way that no one could steal funds from a central wallet.  He came up with something that does all that, and is unique.

Some of us don't think the queue is obtuse.  He pays from oldest to newest, to everyone who is over threshold, and on lucky rounds he pays out back pay.  The rules are very simple, and they work.

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: