Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 08:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061147 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
frisco

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:06:13 PM

Looking to understand the "Shares Rewarded" %. Mine is at around 92% does that mean that only 92% of the shares submitted will get rewarded? Sounds like I would have low efficiency.

Thanks.

That's the % of shares that has been rewarded, with CPPSRB only 25BTC+fee worth of shares are rewarded every block, so on bad luck blocks some shares are not rewarded but on good luck rounds the most recent unrewarded shares are rewarded until 25BTC+fee is rewarded.

You can see a more in depth explanation on the link "Shares Rewarded" in the stats which links to:
http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Capped_PPS_with_Recent_Backpay
jcumins

Activity: 312

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:15:35 PM

Wow another 11 hours of no luck rounds.  I am wondering if this is a stats issue or is it a mining block issue.

But it is getting really old and expensive.  Seems like it has been going on for almost a week now.

WizKid do you have any indite on this for us, and is it getting cleared up.

Thanks Sad

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:29:56 PM

Wow another 11 hours of no luck rounds.  I am wondering if this is a stats issue or is it a mining block issue.

But it is getting really old and expensive.  Seems like it has been going on for almost a week now.

Thanks Sad

https://blockchain.info/blocks/Eligius

thejewelrytech

Activity: 122

I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:46:51 PM

Thanks Sad
There has been plenty of blocks found as you can see it hasn't been 11 hours just stats stuck so you think that?
 http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/blocks.php it's only the stats page that was stuck which will happen from time to time you will have to learn to ignore the stats page that it has no effect on payouts and work done as it  just wasn't updating this will happen when site gets ddos'ed or whiz is updating things from time to time it's not unusual you learn to get used too it after awhile but it's fixed now  but if it does happen? don't worry it is only visual stats that are always only effected and has no effect on payouts or mined shares earned whatsoever as long as your miner is accepting shares everyone still gets paid for all previous blocks and work done.

Your either part of THE SOLUTION?Or your part of THE PROBLEM!
Moria843

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:38:33 PM

CPPSRB processing questions?

I read the FAQs on CPPSRB and the payment que but still have a question about something that happened recently.

I had an unpaid balance of about 0.09 BTC with my minimum payout set to 0.1 BTC when I had to shut down my miners. After going inactive I changed my minimum to 0.05 to get into the que. Soon I did get into the que and quickly made it to the "less than 25 BTC" position or the top block. I was expecting to get paid in the next block or two. But, for the next 3 days I kept on shifting between positions 45 to 70 in that top block and did not get paid. After the 3 day inactivity I started mining again at a lower hash rate and soon got paid. I read in the FAQs about the last-in first-paid and figured this had something to do with others jumping in front of me in the que but I'm hoping someone can fill in more detail by answering the following questions:

Question 1: Did I just go inactive at the wrong time when there was something wrong with the que function?

Question 2: Assuming all is working normal, would I have gotten paid sooner if I didn't start mining again after 3 days of inactivity, or did restarting speed payment up?

Question 3: If I wouldn't have restarted mining (after 3 days of inactivity), or just stayed inactive, about when would I have been paid (rough estimate, 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months)?
Note: I was at about the 4.8 day time when I started remining at a lower hash rate.

Question 4: What causes someone to stay in the que for over 6 months like we're seeing today with a balance > 0.16 BTC?

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:44:08 PM

I believe it's all based on when your last payout was in comparison to another miner.  If you received your last payout 4 days ago, someone who received their last payount 5 days ago gets placed before you.  If you notice the payouts go by age with the older at the top of the payout queue.

The miner your questioning about with an age of 6 months was last paid out then and since they are no longer mining, either they changed their minimum payout amount or they passed the timeout for inactivity to get paid.

So, no, there is nothing wrong with the queue nor did you go inactive at the wrong time.  It's all time based.  The inactive timer for payout is around 7 days.

baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:06:53 PM

CPPSRB processing questions?

I read the FAQs on CPPSRB and the payment que but still have a question about something that happened recently.

I had an unpaid balance of about 0.09 BTC with my minimum payout set to 0.1 BTC when I had to shut down my miners. After going inactive I changed my minimum to 0.05 to get into the que. Soon I did get into the que and quickly made it to the "less than 25 BTC" position or the top block. I was expecting to get paid in the next block or two. But, for the next 3 days I kept on shifting between positions 45 to 70 in that top block and did not get paid. After the 3 day inactivity I started mining again at a lower hash rate and soon got paid. I read in the FAQs about the last-in first-paid and figured this had something to do with others jumping in front of me in the que but I'm hoping someone can fill in more detail by answering the following questions:

Question 1: Did I just go inactive at the wrong time when there was something wrong with the que function?

Question 2: Assuming all is working normal, would I have gotten paid sooner if I didn't start mining again after 3 days of inactivity, or did restarting speed payment up?

Question 3: If I wouldn't have restarted mining (after 3 days of inactivity), or just stayed inactive, about when would I have been paid (rough estimate, 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months)?
Note: I was at about the 4.8 day time when I started remining at a lower hash rate.

Question 4: What causes someone to stay in the que for over 6 months like we're seeing today with a balance > 0.16 BTC?

Changing your minimum when you're not actively mining, or when you're already above the new minimum, might not behave entirely as expected.  I think I remember there being something about the system taking a while to update your minimum in the back-end, after you change it.

1) Perhaps.  Sometimes orphan blocks can cause this kind of problem.  You're set to be paid in the next block, and we find a block, so the system thinks you're paid, but then it's orphaned and you have to be added back into the system again.  So this can screw things up sometimes when you're very close to getting paid.  (Note: I don't know that this is what happens for sure; I've never seen information from wizkid or Luke-jr about this behavior; but it makes sense, given the way that payouts are handled.)

2) Unknown, but it shouldn't have really made much of a difference.  If you were constantly being pushed back in the queue when it looked like you were in the next block, you might have just been unlucky in terms of being at a threshold where some folks kept jumping in the queue ahead of you.

3) I think it usually takes a manual payout by wizkid to pay out to inactive miners.  This used to happen more frequently, but I think that it is happening less frequently now that he fixed the CPPSRB system so that it does not go into failsafe mode as frequently.  In any case, on the order of a couple of weeks or so, although possibly faster.  I think that mine took 10 days when I stopped mining.

4) It looks like they might be an intermittent miner.  Maybe they only use Eligius as failover/backup.  Right now it looks like they mined for ~12 hours in June 11, ~12 hours on June 12, some hours on June 13, all at a pretty stable hash rate.  So maybe they just hadn't mined at Eligius for 6 months (so no payment since then), then they mined as a backup for a couple of days, and it's just taken until now for them to reach the top of the queue, for whatever reason.  It looks like they changed their payout minimum to .05 BTC on June 11.  So again maybe there is some delay for the updated minimum to "take" in the system.  For reference: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1DB2SWYVpqAbde7aqmcqFfNjsRTkeEbGN9

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:52:52 AM

Anyone having a sudden problem connecting to Eligius with their miners?  I just had all of my miners with Eligius as the primary pool, all go to the secondary pool.  I spent the last 15 mins making sure everything was good here but since all connections to the secondary pool worked fine and the miners that do not have Eligius as the primary pool all have continued mining without interruption.

I still have some of the miners showing Eligius as dead and others that keep going back and forth with Eligius and the secondary server.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:08:04 AM

Anyone having a sudden problem connecting to Eligius with their miners?  I just had all of my miners with Eligius as the primary pool, all go to the secondary pool.  I spent the last 15 mins making sure everything was good here but since all connections to the secondary pool worked fine and the miners that do not have Eligius as the primary pool all have continued mining without interruption.

I still have some of the miners showing Eligius as dead and others that keep going back and forth with Eligius and the secondary server.

Nope all good here

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:45:45 AM

on some day´s the same here from germany. You can try to use the ip instead the domain.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
GrapeApe

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:54:45 PM

Hey I've been above my minimum payout threshold for a couple of days now with less than 25BTC ahead of me in the queue, "putting this user's payout in our next block". Anyone else?

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/12kp94AxdiwmdnMH6sNLBb3RESqLX7tBmY
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:59:45 PM

Hey I've been above my minimum payout threshold for a couple of days now with less than 25BTC ahead of me in the queue, "putting this user's payout in our next block". Anyone else?

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/12kp94AxdiwmdnMH6sNLBb3RESqLX7tBmY

If I understand it correctly, the payout queue is based on the age of the payout since that payout started.  So your minimum payout really doesn't mean anything if it's set too low, others who took longer to get to the queue will pop ahead of you, until your payout gets old enough to be ahead of everyone else.

For me the magic time period seems to be around 3 days.  I have my min value set to trigger around 2 days, but I end up getting paid on the 3rd day, roughly.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
GrapeApe

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:56:00 PM

If I understand it correctly, the payout queue is based on the age of the payout since that payout started.  So your minimum payout really doesn't mean anything if it's set too low, others who took longer to get to the queue will pop ahead of you, until your payout gets old enough to be ahead of everyone else.

For me the magic time period seems to be around 3 days.  I have my min value set to trigger around 2 days, but I end up getting paid on the 3rd day, roughly.

M

These things always get sorted out so I'm reluctant to say anything. I have my payout set to take me about 5 days to get to, it's been over 7 and I have been in the top block for a payout for a couple of days now.

Normally things happen after the next block solved once I reach the threshold. Like I said I'm sure it will get sorted out I just wanted to put it out there for whatever reason..
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:33:36 PM

M

These things always get sorted out so I'm reluctant to say anything. I have my payout set to take me about 5 days to get to, it's been over 7 and I have been in the top block for a payout for a couple of days now.

Normally things happen after the next block solved once I reach the threshold. Like I said I'm sure it will get sorted out I just wanted to put it out there for whatever reason..

I once thought it would be interesting to take a snapshot of the payout queue, and to compare it to the transaction that was eventually made.  I envisioned a python / sql project that would just look at the payout queue every hour or so and drop stuff into a database.

I got distracted and never did that.  While I was watching the queue "by hand" it seemed that very old addresses would occasionally enter the queue out of the blue, and as you are experiencing, it was a little difficult to predict exactly when a payment would arrive.

Sometimes it seemed that I got more and more behind instead of catching up.  In those cases, there was usually a manual payout made.

I try to be respectful and informed.
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

I'd like to know what happened to pool at 17:48...saw a dip in hashrate...thought it was my net but a hosted miner did the same thing...didn't get any shares to backup pool either Sad normally when it goes down that far there is a spike upwards...

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:41:11 PM

I'd like to know what happened to pool at 17:48...saw a dip in hashrate...thought it was my net but a hosted miner did the same thing...didn't get any shares to backup pool either Sad normally when it goes down that far there is a spike upwards...

DDoS, then slow reconnects after protections kicked in.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
GrapeApe

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:52:47 AM

My payout came I knew as soon as I said something it would show up.

Speaking of payouts though I have been receiving regular NameCoin payouts and a few large ones I guess to make up for the long pause.

Thanks!!
GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:34:56 AM

It seems I received a partial payment of my total due balance. Didn't lose the unpaid portion, it stayed in the total due.  Never noticed this before...anyone?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:36:15 AM

It seems I received a partial payment of my total due balance. Didn't lose the unpaid portion, it stayed in the total due.  Never noticed this before...anyone?
Stats link?

Bitskint

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:34:02 AM

Stats link?

I have my minimum payment set to 0.1 yet I just got a payment of 0.09 , must have been a manual payout some time in the last few hours.

As normal the unpaid  bit emptied, unlike the quoted person.

1M68XehjYww77DLgwW9rk2zRid8Z8B7uw7 <-- my new BTC addy since Cryptsy took everything
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: